Wadsworth Mansion Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

• Marina
    Marina M. Married on 07/11/2021

Get Married Here

I cannot say enough good things about the Wadsworth Mansion. It was our one and only tour of wedding venues. Fell in love instantly. The people behind the scenes, Catie, Megan etc were perfect. No question went unanswered. They made our big day so seamless with their attention to detail, even after we had to postpone due to COVID. The grounds are beautiful and our guests raved about the drive in. We are so glad we chose the Mansion.

Wadsworth Mansion's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words, Marina! Your wedding was an amazing celebration and we're so glad you hosted with us! Wishing you both love and happiness, always!
  • Kaitlyn
    Kaitlyn S. Married on 07/10/2021

Dream Team!

Jessica and her team at the Wadsworth Mansion were amazing in every sense of the word! Planning a wedding in July 2021 came with a few planning obstacles and roadblocks due to covid, however we felt like we were in great hands from day one. Jessica was extremely responsive in all communications and made us feel informed and comfortable during the planning process. We were able to have about 80 guests indoors for dinner, and our ceremony and reception outdoors on the large back patio. Jessica was insightful, patient, and extremely knowledgeable when in came to planning our big day. From vendor recommendations to day of execution, we cannot recommend Wadsworth Mansion and Jessica enough! We wish we could relive our big day all over again – thank you!!

Wadsworth Mansion's reply:

Kaitlyn, your wedding was a DREAM and we're so glad you chose us to be the place to celebrate your marriage. We wish you and Jakob a lifetime of love and adventures and hope our paths cross again!
  • Maryelizabeth
    Maryelizabeth Z. Married on 06/13/2021

Amazing. Amazing. Amazing.

I found the Wadsworth Mansion in a magazine under venues in New England. We were going to be driving through CT so we figured why not? Being from New York- Born, raised and living in Brooklyn, we didn't know about this place or really anything about CT.

I left the initial site visit knowing "This is it". Jess was amazing and we decided this was the place for us.
    Pre-Pandemic- The Wadsworth, made up of Jess and a team, were always helpful and accomodating. Jess answered all 10000 of my questions and were super knowledgable and supportive throughout the process. She came through will all great recommendations and was truly happy to see our dream coming to fruition.
    Pandemic- During the stressful time of figuring out "postpone or to not postpone" the Wadsworth was nothing but understanding and compassionate. I mean, yes, you'd expect people to be understanding during a global pandemic, but they were supporting-- it never felt like business- but felt like family. The team at the Wadsworth were on top of all policies and regulations during the year and made sure to keep everyone posted.

They were super accommodating when we decided to pivot our original plan to a strictly outdoor, covid-safe plan. It is one thing to speak and give out ideas, it is another to feel truly heard-- Wadsworth did that.

In the end, Jess & the team helped make our wedding dreams come true. Because of all the (unexpected) time we had together, we grew to know the Wadsworth and not only respect and appreciate the wonderful staff, but see them as friends.

Wadsworth Mansion's reply:

Awwww! Thanks so much for your amazing review! It was so great getting to know you and working with you throughout all the unknowns - you became family, too! Wishing you both a lifetime of love and happiness!
  • Erica
    Erica R. Married on 06/12/2021

You need to get married here!!

The Wadsworth Mansion has always been my dream wedding venue. When my husband and I went for our site tour I was in awe as soon as we walked into the building, I knew we didn’t need to look any further. We were so excited when we booked the mansion. Jess and Megan were so helpful with keeping us updated on Covid guidelines and worked with our wedding planner to make our night unforgettable!

We decided to keep our wedding fully outside under the tent and it was absolutely stunning. The grounds, building and everything about the mansion is truly beautiful!! If your looking for a mansion wedding, you don’t need to look any further, book Wadsworth!! My husband and I and our families had an amazing night!!

Wadsworth Mansion's reply:

Your wedding was so amazing and we're so glad your wedding dreams came true! It was a pleasure working with you and we wish you a lifetime of happiness. Thank you so much for your kind words!
  • Samantha
    Samantha Married on 05/01/2021

Wed at the wadsworth!

Get married here!!! This is hands down the most beautiful wedding venue you’re ever going to see, and the staff that you get the honor to work with couldn’t be any better! From beginning to end planning a wedding with the Wadsworth Mansion was as easy as it gets. Notice how I said, “plan a wedding WITH the Wadsworth?” That is because Catie, Megan, and Jess are by your side from the moment you tour the grounds to hugging you goodnight at the end of the reception. I’m talking kind, attentive, flexible, and FUN! They made themselves available for any questions, and went so far above and beyond to make sure we understood the ins and outs of weddings. We had seen pictures of the mansion on their website and said if we liked it in person as much as online, it was a done deal. We didn’t even make it halfway up the driveway before we decided it was where our forever needed to begin. We love the Wadsworth and hope to go back for many celebrations in the future.

Wadsworth Mansion's reply:

Ahhhhh, Samantha! It's brides like you that make what we do so amazing! We're so glad your day was perfect, and that we were able to provide the space for such a wonderful celebration. Congratulations, again! Visit us anytime!
  • Alyssa
    Alyssa M. Married on 10/11/2020

Couldn't imagine a more perfect place for a wedding!

My husband and I can not say enough wonderful things about the Wadsworth Mansion! Our coordinator Jessica truly went above and beyond to make sure our big day went smoothly and was everything we imagined it would and more. The whole team was so easy to work with (even after we were forced to push our date out by a year due to Covid) and made sure our big day was effortless and nothing short of perfect. Our guests couldn't stop talking about how beautiful the venue looked and how impressed they were with everything. More importantly, we truly felt that Jessica and the team were there to help and support us every step of the way, from answering our every question (whether it was related to the venue or not) to ensuring everything happened exactly how we wanted. It was truly all a dream come true and I couldn't imagine a more perfect place for a Connecticut wedding!!

Wadsworth Mansion's reply:

Thank you so much, Alyssa! Your wedding was a wonderful celebration and we were honored to host you all. Wishing you both all the love and happiness for the years to come.
  • Julia
    Julia Z. Married on 09/28/2020

Our dream venue!

When our original plans were no longer possible, we replanned our whole wedding in 6 weeks this past fall. The staff at the Wadsworth Mansion made this possible! Jessica and Catie were super responsive, flexible, and supportive. The property is absolutely stunning and has several versatile options for your ceremony and reception. A beautiful blend of romantic and historic - I highly recommend the Mansion for your wedding!

Wadsworth Mansion's reply:

We’re so happy we were able to be the solution for your wedding celebration. What a gorgeous day you had! Congratulations again, and thank you for kind words!
  • Emily
    Emily V. Married on 09/04/2020

Exceeded Our Expectations

We moved our wedding date from November 2020 to September 2020 so we could have our wedding outside rather than inside due to covid.
    Our original venue did not have outdoor space, so we began looking at outdoor venues and found the Wadsworth two months before our new date. In the span of 8 weeks Jessica and Catie helped us plan the wedding of our dreams while accommodating the requirements due to covid such as spcaing guests out, etc. We felt safe and so did our guests which was very important to us. Everything was beautiful and was beyond anything we expected, especially with covid and booking the venue at such short notice. I would highly recommend this venue! We held our ceremony outside in the rose garden and utilized the tent space over the patio for our reception, but there are many options available. Catie was our event supervisor for our wedding and she ensured everything went smoothly and that we stayed on track with time. She was there for all of our questions and helped us pack up our flowers and gifts and the end of the night.

Wadsworth Mansion's reply:

We're so glad you found us and we were able to host your beautiful wedding! Thank you for your kind words and we wish you both the very best as Mr. and Mrs.!
  • Depo
    Depo P. Married on 07/05/2020

Beautiful venue and great team!

We had our multicultural wedding here (Indian wedding in the morning followed by a western wedding in the evening and then a reception) and Jessica and her staff were the best team for the job. The grounds were beautiful, the venue was flexible with all of our crazy requests, and the value for money was awesome. So many of our guests commented that it was the best wedding they have attended, and much of it was due to the gorgeous venue. Highly recommend!

Wadsworth Mansion's reply:

Thank you, Dipesh! Your wedding was truly amazing, from start to finish and we were honored to host you here! Please come visit us again!
    S P Married on 06/28/2020

Dream Venue, Dream Team!

I cannot say enough wonderful things about the staff at the Wadsworth Mansion. They were all so kind and helpful. Jessica was so patient and went above and beyond—truly amazing (both at the wedding and leading up to it). We had to reschedule due to Covid, and I was so hesitant about picking a new date (I am very Covid-cautious). I was the last of their 2020 brides to reschedule, and they were so accommodating and understanding. They answered all of my (numerous) questions, were helpful, accessible, sooo nice, and fun to work with. We went forward with a small wedding, and I am so happy we chose the Wadsworth Mansion. The venue is positively stunning (I fell in love with it instantly), and Jessica and the whole staff made everything so easy. They know their stuff and helped make sure our wedding not only went smoothly—but felt magical!

Wadsworth Mansion's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words! We're so, so happy we were able to help you plan and re-plan your wedding and it turned out to be everything you dreamed of! Wishing you both a lifetime of wedded bliss and we hope you will visit us again!
    Britany S. Married on 06/09/2020

Gorgeous Venue

Wadsworth Mansion turned out to be the perfect venue during a pandemic. We never thought a year ago that we would be getting married during Covid, but we sure lucked out to have picked Wadsworth to do so. They made getting married during a pandemic safe for everyone with their spacious outdoor areas which allowed guests to social distance while still enjoying the event. Catie was very helpful being our day of coordinator and Jess was great at getting the ball rolling on booking the event and working out the details. Aside from that, the venue is beautiful and DOG FRIENDLY. I was able to bring my dog for the ceremony and have her with us while we were waiting in the bridal suit. I would definitely recommend this venue to those looking for a wedding venue. The grounds are gorgeous as well as the building itself. We were lucky to only have to change one thing to have a Covid wedding - moving dinner outside. They provided a beautiful tent to make sure our guests were covered from the elements and it coordinated in with the mansion so it blended in. You will have a beautiful wedding if you choose to get married at Wadsworth Mansion!

Wadsworth Mansion's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words Britany, and we're so glad you trusted us to make sure your wedding would be perfect, even in a pandemic! You had a fabulous celebration and we loved having your dog there, too! Wishing you both a lifetime of wedded bliss and we hope you'll visit us again!
    Amanda R. Married on 01/08/2020

A dream come true!

Wedding planning can be tough...but wedding planning during a pandemic can seem impossible! My husband and I, as well as our family and friends, were so incredibly lucky to have the AMAZING Wadsworth team by our side, not only on our big day, but through every step leading up to it. The venue is something out of a storybook and the staff made everything seamless and spectacular. I never once felt forgotten, stressed or helpless during our months leading up to our August 2020 celebration. Megan, Catie and Jess kept us in the loop constantly with ever-changing city protocols and worked tirelessly with our vendors to ensure we could make the day happen safely and beautifully. I'll always remember our wedding day as picture perfect and I have the Wadsworth Mansion to thank for that!

Wadsworth Mansion's reply:

Amanda! Your wedding was amazing and we loved every detail of your day. We’re so happy you were able to host your wedding as planned - it was perfection! Thank you for your kind words and we wish you and Sean the very best!
    Danielle Married on 08/03/2019

Absolutely Stunning!

We had the most magical wedding day at the mansion! It is absolutely beautiful there with indoor/outdoor options as to how you would like the ceremony and reception to take place. The grounds are impeccable as is the interior. Jessica and the staff are responsive, friendly and professional, leading up to and on the day of they make sure all ran smoothly without us having to worry about a thing. They even helped us bump up the time of our firework display because the weather was calling for rain! They were so on it, and helpful at every turn. I would recommend the venue without hesitation as well as their preferred vendors. By working with the preferred vendors, there was such a sense of teamwork among the venue, caterers and DJ. All went off without a hitch! We also included a photo from our photographers Vicki + Erik who captured the mansion so beautifully. We cannot imagine having gotten married anywhere else and would recommend the venue without hesitation!

Wadsworth Mansion's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words, Danielle! It was such a pleasure hosting your wedding at the Mansion and helping you plan the day of your dreams.
  • Melissa
    Melissa R. Married on 05/18/2019

Spring Wedding

They have a great team at Wadsworth, I can't praise them enough. They were incredibly responsive and able to answer every question I had (and there were many- this was my first wedding after all!) and guide me through what I needed to consider based on what they've done in the past, which was so helpful in allowing me to make my own choices, knowing what is possible and pushing the bounds! They were right on board when I said we wanted to have pool tables, for example, and seemed so happy to see us happy!

Wadsworth Mansion's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words, Melissa! Your wedding was truly a unique reflection of you two and we were honored to host it at the Mansion. We wish you years of happiness!
    Emily Married on 08/24/2018
    Amazing venue and staff. Made my wedding perfect ❤️
  • Melissa
    Melissa Married on 08/05/2018

A day we will never forget...

Being married at the Wadsworth Mansion was an easy decision once we walked the grounds and saw how stunning the mansion came to life. The grounds are kept up in perfect condition and added a perfect backdrop for our wedding ceremony and reception. Working with Deb, Jess and Meg was simply perfect. From the welcome packet which explained all of the little details to the communication to ensure everything was lining up was seamless. All three ladies were there to ensure we had the most perfect and flawless day. What makes the mansion unique is having the building to yourself. There are no two weddings on the same day. We very much enjoyed using both ballrooms for our friends and family. Trust them when it comes to designing your layout. They are very much experienced with all things weddings and if we could do it all over again, we would!! Thank you again, Wadsworth for making this a day we will never forget!
  • Evan
    Evan Married on 07/06/2018

Stunning Venue & Rockstar Management Team!

The Wadsworth Mansion is simply a one-of-a-kind venue; especially for wedding celebrations! From its awe inspiring drive up to the entrance, gorgeous grounds, beautiful ballrooms, and wonderful management team!

If you’ve begun your search for the perfect venue for your special day, please consider Wadsworth. As a wedding planner, it is the type of venue that is a joy to work at! It’s unique and offers a great canvas for different color palettes, different flow of events, etc.

The management team onsite is professional, thorough, and a great resource for their couples! Shout outs to Catie, Rachel & Jess! Thank you for all you do!
    Jennie Married on 06/24/2018
    I had my wedding at Wadsworth Mansion and it was the perfect venue. It is absolutely beautiful and in the middle of the woods, so you are the only wedding there and you have the whole place for you and your guests! The staff was amazing, you are assigned a day of wedding coordinator that takes care of everything! I was planning my wedding from CA and was able to FaceTime the staff for meetings and to see the venue spaces!

Wadsworth Mansion's reply:

Thank you for your kind words, Jennie! It was our pleasure to host your special day and we wish you a wonderful life together!
    Shannon S. Married on 06/15/2018

Stunning Wedding Venue, Wonderful Team

The Wadsworth Mansion is nothing short of a dream wedding venue. From the moment my (now) husband and I set foot on the property, we knew there was no other place we would rather get married. From the stunning architecture, to the beautifully maintained grounds and the peaceful, quiet nature of the surroundings, there is not one thing missing from this location. And perhaps most importantly, Deborah, Jessica, and the rest of the Wadsworth Mansion team were incredible to work with for our wedding. They went above and beyond to make sure that our day was everything that we had imagined. The venue itself was the perfect size for our approximately 170 guest wedding and was equally accommodating to all of our vendors. We loved being able to make our wedding personal and our own by bringing in all of our own vendors, and the Wadsworth team was helpful in providing us with lists of vendors that they enjoy and have successfully worked with in the past. Deb and Jess were communicative from the very beginning, and always took the time to thoroughly answer our questions and requests. Our guests still talk to us about how breathtaking the venue was, and how the layout of the mansion and the grounds encouraged a beautiful, well-organized wedding. Lastly, my husband and I love that, now that we are married, we can return to the mansion for events such as the summer concert series and local artisan fairs and relive our wedding day while making new memories together. We absolutely recommend the Wadsworth Mansion as an elegant wedding venue that still feels intimate and comfortable for all in attendance - we will be forever grateful to have had our wedding and celebration at this timeless venue!
  • StokedToBeASaucier
    Sara Married on 09/09/2017
    We booked the Wadsworth two years before our wedding date. From the moment we toured the Wadsworth, we knew that we needed to get married there. The grounds and mansion are absolute perfection.

Leading up to the day, Jessica was so attentive responding to my endless e-mails regarding everything you could possibly imagine. The day of our wedding, Natalie was our coordinator and she was beyond sweet, accommodating, and calm! She listened to all of our wants and made our wedding day perfect.

We had so many guests come up to us and tell us it was the best wedding that they had ever been to. We are so grateful to the Wadsworth for making our special day VERY SPECIAL! We can't wait to return in the future for public events.
    Craig Married on 09/01/2017
    The Wadsworth was gorgeous, and we got lucky to have a beautiful day for the event. The flowers were in, the view was beautiful and everyone had a wonderful time.
    Renee Married on 07/22/2017
    We used the Wadsworth Mansion for both our ceremony and reception for our wedding this past July. I can not recommend this venue enough! The mansion is beautiful and the staff take excellent care of it. It was the perfect setting for our special day and had the exact vibe we were going for. The staff are so nice and help you every step of the way through the planning process, and you have a coordinator assigned to you the day of the wedding who makes sure everything runs smoothly. I also really loved that they organized a pre-wedding walk through along with our caterer a few days before the wedding. At the end of the event, they had everything cleaned up, packed and ready to go. And even though we didn't need it, I really loved and appreciated that they had a good back up weather plan too. Definitely had a fantastic experience here.
    Brittany Married on 06/03/2017
    My husband and I have nothing but wonderful things to say about the Wadsworth Mansion. The venue itself is beautiful, private, well maintained, and provides you with so many wonderful backdrops for photos! We held our summer ceremony on the vista, cocktail hour on the patio, seated dinner in the dining rooms, and dancing back out on the patio. It was just PERFECT! Our guests continue to tell us it was the best wedding they've ever been to, and we truly feel it's because of how spectacular our venue was. Not to be outdone, the mansion staff are equally amazing! Director of Events, Jessica, was such a pleasure to work with from start to finish – she was organized and always answered my questions quickly which was extremely comforting when planning our wedding cross-country. Day of Coordinator, Natalie, was wonderful on our wedding day and made sure everyone was in the right place at the right time. She even fluffed my train right before the big walk down the aisle! If you're looking for a unique, elegant wedding venue with exceptional client service - look no further than the Wadsworth Mansion!
    Meredith Married on 06/02/2017
    My wedding at Wadsworth Mansion in June was nothing short of spectacular. Guests who attended said it was the best wedding they had ever been to and were mesmerized by the building and grounds of Wadsworth. The planning process was exceptionally easy - as a bride juggling graduating med school and moving to a new house, I needed a venue that was easy to work with and responsive. When you book at Wadsworth, included in the price are wedding planners who are extremely professional and experienced. They know the grounds and the vendors to a tee. The mansion provides a list of vendors they prefer to work with which was really appealing to me so I didn't have to call countless and request quotes from various vendors. The actual day was so magical and the weather was perfect. Everyone who attended said they had the absolute best time and my fiance and I couldn't be happier. We went into planning the wedding wanting a celebration, a party that was about our guests and wanting them to have a great time. Wadsworth far exceeded our expectations and besides picking my groom, it was one of the best decisions I made!
    Ariane Married on 04/08/2017
    We were so happy with our choice to have our April 2017 wedding reception at the Wadsworth Mansion. It is a beautiful blank canvas that we were able to customize to our taste. Deb, Jess, and Natalie were all so pleasant to work with and helped us to find wonderful vendors and design a floor plan to make our dream wedding a reality!