Vue on 30a Reviews

15 | Santa Rosa Beach, FL

15 Reviews for Vue on 30a

Samantha · Married on 06/30/2017

We had our rehearsal party here. Food, service, everything was excellent! Very professional! We highly recommend!!

Sent on 07/01/2018

Emily · Married on 08/14/2014

Perfect! Great food and service! We couldn't be more satisfied! Perfect for our small reception dinner!

Sent on 08/19/2014

Anthony and Carolyn · Married on 04/25/2014

The Vue on 30A is truly a magical place: Beautiful setting; gorgeous view of the beach; elegant décor; gourmet food; great drinks and the best-ever staff. It was the PERFECT place for our PERFECT wedding. We found The Vue by accident after a wedding planning company let us down. Best thing that ever could have happened.
    Event Coordinator Becky Amacker is absolutely amazing. She was can-do all the way and an absolute joy to work with… calm, cool, collected, yet warm and understanding throughout. The food was unbelievably delicious. How they managed to serve the most delicious steak and lobster hot and juicy to 120 guests, we’ll never understand, but they did. All our guests were so impressed with the venue and said it was the best wedding they’d ever attended. Highest recommendation, four thumbs up, for The Vue on 30A!

• Carolyn and Tony Lentini
    April 25, 2014

Sent on 05/22/2014

Bethany · Married on 04/05/2014

We had our ceremony and reception at The Vue. We were supposed to have the ceremony on the beach, but unfortunately, it rained the day of. However, Becky Amacker and the staff at The Vue did everything to accommodate my husband and me along with all of our guests. We still had a beautiful ceremony and reception at a gorgeous venue. Our day was absolutely perfect, and I know it was because of all the amazing people we had to help us. Becky worked so hard during the days leading up to our wedding and the night of. She was a true joy to work with! I would recommend this venue to anyone.

Sent on 04/21/2014

Kelly · Married on 10/05/2013

Our wedding and reception was held at the Vue. From the moment we walked in I knew this was the place I wanted my wedding to take place at. From the beachy/modern decor inside the Vue I knew that this was the look I wanted to go with for my wedding. We had to use minimum decoration because the Vue was already so beautiful. The staff and the energy in the venue was great!

Sent on 10/23/2013

Becky (the day of coordinator) was amazing! She was so great to work with very professional, always responded to phone calls and/or emails in a timely manner. She kept our reception timeline running smoothly and on-time. Chef and his staff at the Vue did an amazing job, the food was outstanding! Everyone raved about the sushi and bacon-wrapped scallops. The bartenders and wait staff were friendly and so helpful! It's a bit pricey but you can't find a prettier place on the gulf! Loved every minute of it!!!!

Sent on 05/28/2013

SHELLY · Married on 09/29/2012

I had a small family only destination wedding. While we are having our reception in our home town, we still wanted a nice dinner after our ceremony. Vue was perfect. Rebecca did a wonderful job making sure all my expectations were met. She even made great suggestions for our rain plan. Food was great, as was service. Thank you!

Sent on 10/02/2012

Julie · Married on 04/26/2012

The Vue was the most perfect place for my wedding. Not only did I have my ceremony and reception at the same place but it also had the best food I have ever eaten in that area. Everybody at my wedding was blown away on my how beautiful my wedding was. I so glad I had my wedding at The Vue.

Sent on 05/17/2012

Amanda · Married on 04/29/2011

I wanted a beach wedding without having the ceremony in the sand. My ceremony and reception on the terrace at the Santa Rosa Gulf and Beach club was just that. The terrace has an overhang and provided cover from the sun or rain. The view from the terrace was stunning with the natural beauty of the beach as a back drop. The ocean waves were easily heard but did not overtake my ceremony. As afternoon turned to evening my outdoor wedding on the terrace showcased the sunset and then the night stars. The beach club has an all inclusive catering that provided tables, chairs, linens, silverware, and service in the price of the catering budget. I had a reception of only 40 guests and the terrace there was a perfect spot for my wedding.

Sent on 06/25/2011
  • Katie

Katie · Married on 03/12/2011

Perfection!!! We were lucky to be the FIRST wedding to take place after the renovation of the Beach Club into The Vue on 30A. The venue turned out AMAZING! It was truely perfect!!! Christine was awesome to work with! She knows her stuff and is there for you every step of the way. The staff was friendly and their service was impecable!! Everyone is still saying how it was the BEST wedding they had ever been to! My husband and I had an amazing memorable evening. Great bar and food too!!

Sent on 03/29/2011

Maggie · Married on 03/10/2007

We were extremely pleased with having our wedding and reception at this location. We had our ceremony on the beach and our reception inside the clubhouse as well as on the covered patio.

I am certain they host a lot of weeddings, so we were given a couple of different "layouts" they use for the reception. However, we already had a layout in mind. We simply had to ask them to please set it up the way we had envisioned it to be. It was not a problem at all! I would just recommend you let your requests be known because they have coordinated so many weddings that they know what works for them -- but if you have something else in mind, let them know because they are happy to incorporate your ideas.

Sent on 01/24/2008

Michelle · Married on 03/25/2017

4.2
      3.5

Kristi, the event coordinator, was absolutely wonderful to work with throughout the planning process. She was very responsive and professional. I have nothing bad to say about her or the venue itself. The beach was beautiful. We rented out the terrace for our 70 guest wedding. It was plenty big enough for all the tables as well as a dance floor. (Ella Floral and Design did an amazing job decorating the tables and ceiling). We chose to have the sit down meal with guests choosing between Ribeye, Chicken Marsala, and Blackened Grouper. It also came with dinner rolls and a side salad. We added on 2 appetizers, the caprese salad, and the fried mac and cheese balls. When we went for our initial tasting, we had trouble deciding on our favorites because everything was sooo good. Chef Gio really impressed us. However, at the wedding, our food was the biggest disappointment. Everyone seemed to like the salad and the blackened grouper. We knew going into it that all the steaks would be prepared to Medium with guests having the option to send them back to be cooked more. Apparently the servers never told the guests this was an option, so we had a lot of people who didn't hardly eat their steak. The chicken reviews were 'just okay'. The rolls were hard as a rock and I couldn't even break one in half. The Mac and Cheese balls were good, but they were half the size of our tasting ones and definitely not worth the price per person we paid. Our guests were allowed to have Coffee/Tea/Soda, but none of them knew that because the servers never offered. Since 75% of our guests didn't drink alcohol, we had asked if the 25% that did drink could utilize the bar inside, in which we were told no, and that it would take away from the dining guests. Our guests went to the bar anyway, luckily the dining room was dead and the bartenders actually thanked us for giving them something/someone to serve. Overall, we loved our wedding at the Vue and thought it was a perfect venue.

Sent on 09/04/2017

Emily · Married on 08/14/2010

3.4
      3.0

I have nothing but good things to say about the catering at the Santa Rosa Golf & Beach Club. We had several vegetarians in our party, and the Santa Rosa Beach Club was most accomodating. The food was amazing, and the presentation was stunning. People were raving about the bacon wrapped scallops. Also, don't forget to order the Mushroom Risotto - you won't regret it!
    We had our wedding reception at the beach club, and we had 2 complaints:
    1. Though we were paying handsomely for gratuity in our fee, the bartenders put out tip jars - which we thought was tacky.
    2. We were told that we would be alerted when we were approaching a certain spending limit, and we didn't know until weeks after the wedding that we had exceeded that limit by several thousand dollars.
    Otherwise, I think it was a big success.

Sent on 09/07/2010

2.8
      2.5

The venue is gorgeous, food is great, service staff is nice, but management is terrible. At the end of my wedding, I actually said (aside from the wedding itself) it was one of the worst experiences I've ever gone through. Half way through my planning, they hired a different coordinator. My original coordinator continued working with me and she was great. However, anytime the newly hired coordinator was mentioned, she was wanting more money, outside of what I had already established in my contract. The Vue was trying to "make their business more corporate" is what I was told. So I was asked to pay $500 tables/chairs, WHICH WAS IN MY CONTRACT AS INCLUDED. I said no, that was two weeks before the wedding. The week of the wedding, they call saying they lost my two check receipts toward my balance and my father and I had to spend hours on the phone/scanning/sending with our banks to track this down because it was over the 90 days since we wrote the checks and they were cashed. They asked for a credit card to have on file for any further expenses the night of the wedding (mainly drinks) okay no problem, but my stepmom had to physically call and get an update on this balance multiple times because it took them weeks to actually run the card. It did not sit well with my dad and stepmom that the Vue just had their credit card number lying around and weren't using it as intended. Then I had an arrangement set up with the chef to use his arbor, asked multiple times if he wanted me to pay for it, said that we would pick it up, put it together, take it down, and deliver it back to him. My groom and groomsmen put it together, and as my new husband and I were WALKING OUT THE DOOR THE NIGHT OF OUR WEDDING, I was approached saying that chef wanted $150 for the arbor. Like I said, the venue was beautiful, the food was great, but I think this establishment is just trying to get as much money as they can out of their customers.

Sent on 03/09/2015

0.5
      1.5
      2.0
      0.0

This place is very beautiful. The view is great and it worked well for my ceremony and reception. The food is amazing. However, the entire management staff is horrendous. The wait staff and bartenders are great! The venue tried to increase prices by over 30% 5 months before the wedding without my knowledge until I called with other questions. It takes days to get any kind of response back from anyone. The wedding coordinator was helpful in the beginning. However the last 2 months it was like pulling teeth to get any information and every time I spoke with her it was as if I were bothering her. On the day of my wedding she actually had such an attitude that more than 25% of my guest commented to me about her attitude. She was snappy and rude the entire time. For future brides just remember, it's not just about the looks. Talk to management and make sure they are a fit for you. My wedding day was 10x more challenging because of the management. I will never do another event here because of both the coordinator and general managers treatment.

Sent on 06/29/2011