Vness Photography Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2014 Winner

• Jess
    Jess W. Married on 05/15/2021

Will Cherish Forever

How do I even summarize how amazing Venessa is? She's extremely talented at her craft, super professional, and will easily become your best friend. She was right by my side throughout my entire wedding day, snapping every important moment and checking in with me to make sure I was doing ok through all the hecticness. Venessa has been there though so much with my husband and me; our engagement, our postponement, our mini Covid wedding, and our big celebration. I will continue to use her to capture all of our life's moments because she always does a phenomenal job!
  • Andrea
    Andrea B. Married on 08/08/2020

Perfectly Captured Memories

When we had to move forward with our originally postponed from May wedding in August due to our state being open, one of the things that carried us through was knowing we were going to have the most gorgeous photos to capture our day and oh did they live up to all we hoped for! Venessa was so gracious in working with us as we moved things around and was such a great addition to our wedding team from helping us feel comfortable in front of the camera during our engagement photos, to navigating where and when photos would occur during our walk though, to delivering absolutely gorgeous photos. She is a pro at family portraits, keeping them moving so you can enjoy cocktail hour, and she acted as the kindest enforcer of our masked and socially distant photo rule. While you have to wait a bit for the finished photos, they are well worth the wait. Venessa and our second photographer, Linda, were so positive and personable, even when walking all over the place in the Virginia heat. I cannot imagine finding a better photographer!
    Tiffany Married on 09/28/2019

Professional and amazing photographer

I could not be happier with Venessa’s work. Venessa was the photographer for my friends wedding in which I was part of the wedding party. She did a great job then so I decided to hire her for my own wedding. My husband has a very specific eye for art and photos, so he had very specific style requests for Venessa which she executed on perfectly, but also gave us great instructions and guidance during our photos which was so helpful as we felt awkward never having done any professional shoots before. She has a great eye and got every shot we asked for but also came up with new great shots that we didn’t initially think of. We loved both our engagement photos and the wedding photos.

Aside from just the photos themselves, she has wonderful customer service. She had two assistants who did everything from holding my bouquet for me, fixing my train, and carrying around blotting napkins for me (it was very hot and I was sweating through my make up, but you would never know thanks to them!). I also had a huge wedding party and Venessa did a great job keeping everyone under control without being aggressive. She and her team were also “in the background” but in command, and got photos from every angle. She was also incredibly timely for turning photos around. I asked for a few photos a few weeks after the wedding so that I could order thank you cards, and she actually gave me ALL my photos as a surprise!

Overall loved working with her and her team, and will probably hire her again the first chance I get!
  • Kendall
    Kendall B. Married on 09/08/2019

Fun and professional!

Venessa is a pro! I knew from when we first talked on the phone we were going to work well together. She responded to emails quickly and was super flexible with times and locations for our engagement pictures. She helped with my timeline and offered her suggestions which made a big difference in our day running smoothly. My husband and i loved how she handled our immature wedding party and got the photos done in a fun way, but in a timely manner. She knew exactly how to pose everyone every single time. Whenever i needed a picture taken with friends at our wedding she was always within eye sight. What a relief! I highly recommend her to anyone!
    Britta G. Married on 06/22/2019

Highly recommend!!

Venessa is truly amazing, I cannot recommend her highly enough. She worked seamlessly with our other vendors to make sure that I didn't have to worry about any logistics or about timeline - she made sure there was enough time for any and all photos we wanted. She was seemingly inexhaustible and maintained such a positive high level of energy all day, always keeping an eye open for any photo opportunities or unexpected photo shots. Unlike many photographers, she made sure to include lots of photos of friends and family - not just of us. That did not come at the expense of having beautiful couple shots though - we have so many wonderful photos of the two of us, that it is hard to pick! This is in stark contrast to many of my friends who only ended up with one or two couple photos that they liked. We got a huge variety - not just kissing shots or standard portraits. The quality of the photos is so high, and we have gotten so many compliments from everyone we've shown them to. In addition, Venessa is bilingual (English and Spanish), which was such a major asset for us (my husband and his family are Mexican and Spanish) and helped so much with the photo taking. Finally, we got access to ALL the digital photos she took, and we can download them all, which is just amazing. We didn't have to choose a subset, and we could freely share with friends and family. I cannot speak highly enough of Venessa, she documented every moment of our day with beautiful, high-quality photos.
  • W
    Wendy R. Married on 05/25/2019

Wonderful person and beautiful photos

We did engagement photos and wedding photos with Venessa, and she was wonderful to work with. We haven't seen final wedding photos left, but we loved our engagement photos, so I have no doubt we will love the wedding ones as well. Venessa did a great job navigating the wedding to get a variety of pictures, but it never felt intrusive. She was communicative before the event and met me at the venue the week before so we could have places in mind for different photos. She is super-friendly and easy to work with, and I would recommend her to anyone else for their wedding as well.
    Elaina Married on 09/29/2018
    Nothing but 5 stars for Venessa, she and her team are the BEST! She did my engagement pictures and her assistants Alex and Raiza did my wedding pictures and they were all absolutely amazing and she got them back to me in a very timely manner. My guests are all raving about how great our pictures are!
    Melissa Married on 06/09/2018
    I am the kind of person who does their research before doing anything. I met with at least two vendors for every aspect of my wedding. I can confidently say that I made the right choice with Vanessa. She is communicative, prepared, calm, knowledgeable, and positive! Her services are a great value for all that you get! She knows exactly what shots to get and she is flexible when it comes to trying new shots! I would highly recommend her!
    Lauren Married on 06/02/2018
    Where to start?? Venessa and her team were absolutely AMAZING! From the engagement shoot to the wedding day - her work is just beautiful and captured all the special moments that we want to have and cherish for years to come. Right from the start, Venessa was a pleasure to work with and it felt like we were out with a friend rather than our photographer. She was kind enough to drive to Delaware for our engagement photos and was wonderful with directing our poses and finding beautiful backdrops. She has a wonderful easy-going and fun spirit that it really was just fun being out with her. Just after a couple photos, you can tell that she has the eye and experience to capture beautiful moments and photographers. On the day of our wedding, rain was in the forecast and she took the initiative to modify our timeline to ensure that we could get as many photos outside as possible before the rain, which I can't thank her enough for! Through the humidity and rain, Venessa went above and beyond to get all the shots that we were looking for. When it was raining for our family photos, she was kind and flexible enough to figure out a way to take the photos in the tent, which ended up working out well. If you're looking for someone who takes beautiful photos, captures natural moments, and has fun at the same - Venessa and her team are for you!!
    Natasha Married on 11/19/2017
    Venessa has been photographing my family for a few years now, and I cannot express how much we all love her! She is attentive, open to trying any of our crazy ideas, and somehow captures beautiful portraits despite freezing weather! That’s a big deal considering we have young children! Affordable, great quality, great communication, and such fun! Highly recommended!
    Julia Married on 11/11/2017
    I am so happy with everything Venessa did for us. We had two ceremonies spread over two days and she worked with us to design a custom package to cover everything we needed. At our engagement session, she really spent a lot of time getting to know us and what we wanted. She worked seamlessly with our other vendors on the day of and captured everything we want and more. One of the best things was we got access to digitally download all the photos she took so we didn't have to choose! She's also just an incredible person and we loved getting to know her. I am so happy we used her and will look for any excuse in the future to book her for another event!
    Emily Married on 10/28/2017
    Venessa was an absolute pleasure to work with! She has an eye for detail and puts incredible time into each picture she works on. You will also have a blast with her as she is very down to earth and will absolutely make your special day even more special! You will not find a more talented photographer. Venessa did both our engagement and wedding photos. We were absolutely thrilled with the results, and will continue to use her for other important life events that we want to remember forever. I have, and will continue, to refer all my family and friends to her. Thanks Vness Photography!
    Jessalyn Married on 10/13/2017
    UPDATE: Venessa was incredible on our wedding day! She captured everything we could have hoped for and even asked me if I thought she got everything and stayed to take some additional photos I requested even when our time was up! The photos are so beautiful and I could hardly pick favorites!
    So far, we have only had our engagement session with Venessa, but that is enough to let me know how incredible she is! I have a fiance who loves to make goofy faces in photos and is certainly not one for professional, posed, romantic photos. Venessa put us both at ease, laughed with us, and gave us photos more beautiful and true to our relationship than I could have imagined. Beyond her skill and great personality, she is flexible and so easy to work with. We are getting married in DC but currently live elsewhere, and she was willing to come to our current city to do the engagement session! I am so happy we found VNess Photography and will be referring everyone with weddings in the area to use her!
    Jillian Married on 10/06/2017
    We loved working with Venessa! It was important to us to get photos on the national mall and Venessa knew exactly where to go to get the best ones as well as the right permits to have to ensure a hassle-free day. The photos were beautiful, fun and perfectly captured our day. Our friends and family love the pictures at the Lincoln Memorial, and we do too. There are also some awesome candids of our friends dancing.
    Katie Married on 08/26/2017
    AH, Venessa is a dream photographer! Leading up to the wedding she is a pro. She has a plan and is accommodating to what you want but will keep you in line when things aren't realistic. This is so important! Her and I instantly connected during our pre-wedding phone calls. I didn't meet Venessa until the day of but I felt like she was my best friend, photographer and fairy godmother all at the same time. She was great with guests, handled our large wedding party with ease and captured all the beautiful moments. Our pictures are breathtaking! Our wedding was a dreamy fairy tale but being able to look back and see it the way we envisioned is amazing! We are so thankful for Venessa and her team. Hire her for your wedding! You will not regret it!
    Erica Married on 06/03/2017
    Venessa did an incredible job! She captured every moment, we have fantastic shots that we didn't even know occurred on the whirlwind of a day! She was super organized, wonderfully responsive and so much fun too! We can't recommend her enough!
    Julie Married on 04/30/2017
    Venessa is a wonderful photographer, and I highly recommend her. She captured our personalities so well, and she is so easy to work with.
    Chelsea Married on 04/29/2017
    Venessa was fantastic! The photos she took were beautiful. She made my bridal party, family, and all of our guests super comfortable. She was very organized and efficient.
    Brittney Married on 11/18/2016
    Venessa is such an amazing photographer!
    She was able to capture our personalities and our treasured moments from our wedding. She is so easy to talk to and was very flexible!
    We absolutely loved working with her!!! :)
    Hillary Married on 10/15/2016
    We had an absolutely fabulous experience with Venessa. I’m not a huge fan of taking photos and didn’t really have too many opinions on where or how they got done but she helped me feel comfortable, took great photos and left me to worry about nothing the day of the wedding. She even helped us create a special now introducing picture that we had talked about in front of an old theatre by our venue. I recommend Venessa to everyone and can’t wait to use her as we expand the family. Thank you for a great experience!
    Kelli Married on 10/14/2016
    We had a blast working with Venessa as our wedding photographer. I found out about her when I asked an acquaintance who did their wedding photography - I had seen their engagement pictures online and loved the natural style and the way the photographer captured the couples personalities. My friend told us it was Venessa and that they had an amazing experience with her so we reached out. We knew it was a good fit right away as she was so warm and friendly during our first meeting, she has a great sense of humor and was easy to work with from the start. She helped us choose a photography package that was affordable and within our budget. We did our engagement photos with her last year and they turned out absolutely gorgeous. We felt totally comfortable being ourselves around her and in front of the camera. We just got married a couple weeks ago and can't wait to see our wedding photos! She is extremely talented and it is so obvious she loves what she does. We will definitely be using her again in the future. We highly recommend her for your engagement/wedding photography!
    Jessica Married on 10/07/2016
    Venessa is absolutely incredible! My husband & I cannot say enough wonderful things about our experience. We had a particular request to have our engagement photos done in Baltimore. She had no problem at all traveling for us and for our wedding in Frederick. Our photos for both events turned out better than I could have hoped for. She was professional, fun, sweet, and understanding! I cannot wait to frame all the beautiful pictures around our house. We will be using her for years and years to come! : )
    Jessica Married on 09/10/2016
    Venessa has been an absolute pleasure to work with throughout our wedding planning and execution. We could not be more happy with the photographs from our wedding! Venessa was intimately familiar with our venue and the surrounding area, and we loved the locations and poses she placed us in - our photos looked like they belonged in a bridal magazine. Venessa also made sure to include all the shots I specifically asked for. Venessa is professional, accommodating, and went above and beyond for us; we would recommend her without hesitation.
    Margaret Married on 08/06/2016
    I first met Venessa when she did my sisters wedding in 2015, and knew I had to have her when I got married in August of 2016. She did both our engagement and wedding, and both times the photos turned out beautifully!! She really did capture every single moment on our special day and when I look back to those pictures, I start crying all over again. Venessa is that type of person where you feel like you have known her all your life. It is that friendship where you can give her a look and she knows exactly what you are thinking. She makes things entertaining during your time with her. I always felt weird when people were taking pictures of me, but with her I never felt uncomfortable because she makes it that easy. She will tell you how to pose and what she expects, but never be mean about it. I cannot count how many times we all started cracking up from laughing trying to get that serious shot, or start tearing up because of how special that moment is. She is very professional and a great person to work with. She emails back quickly. Fast with getting your photos back to you. Always texting back when I had some type of idea or question, and never seemed annoyed with me. She was on board with all my crazy Pinterest ideas :) On my wedding day, she really helped to calm me down by coming early because it was supposed to rain and I was nervous we wouldn't be able to get some of the photos I wanted. She was able to make me laugh in times I wanted to break down and cry. Venessa is worth everything because she offers more than just awesome photos. I would pick her over anyone else in a heartbeat because she is that great! You will not be disappointed!!
    Marisa Married on 05/28/2016
    Don't hesitate to have Venessa photograph your event! Venessa has a lot of experience under her belt and it shows in her portfolio. We loved her style and the moments she captures. From the first meeting with Venessa we really clicked. Finding the perfect photographer for our wedding was very important to me because the photos are what lasts forever. Planning a wedding is stressful enough as it is, and having full trust in Venessa eased the stress a lot. We met ahead of time so she could see the venues and we could discuss the shots I knew I wanted. On the day, Venessa was extremely efficient and captured everything we had talked about and more! I honestly don't know how she was so many places at once! Our photos are beautiful and the books we had made for us and our families are a wonderful keepsake of the day. Thank you, Venessa!