23 Reviews for Lake Oak Meadows Weddings and Events

Limited Bar (2)
Barware (2)
Glassware (2)
Scenic Views (1)
All Inclusive Packages (1)
Outside Vendors (1)
Tables (1)
Tent Accessories (1)
Tents (1)
China (1)

The venue is absolutely beautiful! They are organized and on their game. Very professional and accommodating!!

Profile Picture Cathy, 8/6/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, DJ

I was quickly in contact with the vendor and they did a great job of setting an appointment with my fiance and I. Hayley met us at the entrance and showed us around the entire property. She sat down with us to review our options and packages that they had available, all while enjoying a glass of their wine. I love the different customizing options and upgrades that are available. They have a great value and a beautiful venue. I booked and can't wait to set up my cake tastings!

Profile Picture Andrea, 5/11/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor, Accommodations, Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Lighting/Sound, Set Up, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'Oeuvres, Outside Cake, Server(s), Tastings, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Wine, Limited Bar, Flatware, Linens, Parking

We absolutely loved our wedding venue!! Lake Oak Meadows provides a fairytale wedding and it was completely Pinterest worthy. We couldn't have been happier with our choice of wedding venue. Still today our guests inform us that this was the best and most beautiful wedding they have been to. In the beginning, customer service was a bit difficult as it was hard to get a hold of anyone, but then a new staff team came on and was great to work with. We appreciated this as we were planning our wedding out of state at the time.

The photos of this place do not do it justice, there are many little details that you need to be in person to experience.

I would recommend this venue to everyone!

Profile Picture User4873546, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We were so happy to get married at Lake Oak Meadows! Our wedding was absolutely beautiful and the staff was extremely helpful and attentive! Everything went so smoothly, I had no stress the entire day!

Profile Picture Jessica, 12/2/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Lake Oak Meadows was an absolute DREAM venue! I was just married there on June 8, 2013 and it was absolutely magical!! The venue itself is drop-dead gorgeous! I had originally wanted to be married at the beach, but was not willing to pay the outrageous prices for a so-so venue just to have an ocean wedding. Lake Oak Meadows was an excellent alternative.. I believe much better than a beach wedding! The lake is beautiful, the staff members were super friendly and provided excellent service! The only area that I would suggest they improve is response time. At times, it was difficult to get a hold of someone in the office, but once we did, the office staff were VERY helpful and helped make our dream wedding a reality! Other reviews of Lake Oak seem negative, but I would recommend Lake Oak to my friends and family!

Profile Picture Tracy, 6/8/13, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I love Lake Oak Meadows! So beautiful and peaceful. Perfect for any size wedding, any style, anything you can think of! I can't wait for my wedding here in April!

Profile Picture Brianna, 4/29/16, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Gorgeous Venue! From the time you walk onto the property it is absolutely breath taking. Our day of cordinator Angie, was a life safer! Food was great tasting, heard after words that there was a potato nazi and only wanted to give everyone 1 potato wedge (it was buffet style). In the beginning of booking when you'd try to get ahold of anyone in the office and getting someone to give you a call back was a nightmare, seems they got that fixed before the wedding came and was much better at the end. I would definately have another event there and recommend it to anyone!

Profile Picture Amber, 9/14/13, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Beautiful location and the vendors they provide are amazing; Wedding Coordinator Diana Ross (yes, that's her name), DJ Jason from Good Time Entertainment, and the food was superb! My only negative was that they built an inclosure over the dance floor after we signed the contract and the reason we chose this place was for the outdoor dance floor.

Profile Picture K, 10/9/11, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My new husband and I had our wedding at Lake Oak Meadows this past Memorial Day.
When we first visited the venue a year prior, we were thinking to get married in Denver, where we had just moved.
I thought it would be much easier planning a wedding locally, but when we visited Lake Oak Meadows, we were taken away with the beauty of the site. We had looked at other venues, but nothing quite matched the beauty at Lake Oak Meadows. We booked our date, and we got set on planning all the details.
I was initially worried about the extra complexity of planning a wedding from out of state, but Lake Oak Meadows made it extremely simple. It was so helpful that they worked with a catering company and a coordinator, two less things for us to worry about! Payments were a breeze, and when the day came, we were so lucky to have the amenities in the bridal and grooms suite, that we felt right at home. We were got to do some fun stuff and we brought in a photo booth, a shaved ice vendor, vintage furniture rental, and we even had a drone videographer! All of the things we were able to do added to fun and uniqueness of our event. The venue staff was so helpful, even when the stress and excitement started to build throughout the day. One particular staff member really helped me ease my stress during one point, and later on in the day he helped tremendously with one of our handicapped guests. It's that kind of thoughtfulness and sense of ease that you want to have on a day when there is so much going on, and you want to focus on celebrating with your closest friends and family. All of our guests loved the space, and commented on how beautiful the scenery was. We cannot wait for our photographs to come in, because we know that they will all look stunning against the backdrop of such a beautiful venue. Thank you for such a perfect day!

Profile Picture Monika, 5/25/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had our wedding here this past may. The staff was amazing and did an amazing job on our big day. Thank you again for turning our dreams into a reality.

Profile Picture Tammy, 5/8/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I would recommend bringing your own water into the groom and bridal suite, as this was the only thing that I feel was satisfactory. Other than that, this venue is wonderful and had the best wedding I could have ever asked for.

Profile Picture Ashley, 6/4/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This site is beautiful, well maintained, and constantly improving. The caterer they use is amazing, got a lot of positive feedback on the food. The owners aren't super flexible with negotiating or bending when certain requests are made and they have a noise restriction that requires the music to be kept pretty low. If you are looking for loud club music, this isn't the place, but it is what i was looking for.

Profile Picture Nicole, 10/11/08, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I loooved this venue for my wedding! It is so beautiful with the pond, fountains, fire pits, twinkly lights, and well kept grounds. It also included the dj and catering in the price, which was great because it was less decision making for me. The Temecula Catering food was outstanding and the service was great. Diana was my day of coordinator and she was very on top of things.
Overall, I would give this 5+ stars, except for communication with anyone during the planning process between signing the contract and a few weeks before the actual wedding is lacking.

Profile Picture Kelly, 9/6/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The venue was beautiful. I would have rated them higher if they didn't force you to use Once upon a wedding as your caterer. One issue that I had with them was that a month before my wedding they laid off the woman that was in charge of our account and all the details; and somehow all the info of my wedding disappeared. So I was getting calls about all the details and then things we were promised months later weren't being honored. It was a complete headache and stresser. So in short, venue nice but ask for every little thing in writing so they don't go back on their word. Also only use it as you ceremony site because the caterer is awful!

Profile Picture Cynthia, 11/13/10, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The place was absolutely beautiful. The caterer we had was amazing. The staff is really nice but not really good about getting back to you in a timely fashion. Overall we were happy with the location.

Profile Picture User3529283, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Venue is beautiful. Staff is a bit unprofessional, but they get the job done. The assigned wedding coordinator does not help with anything but make sure the ceremony goes off without a hitch. While I was getting ready she brought the pre-planned tips I had assigned to me and said her team needed more money than the catering service. This is while I am literally getting ready for my wedding. Super inappropriate! She also left before the wedding was even over. It ended at 10 and she left around 8pm, while there was still activities on the timeline. So I had to work with the DJ to make sure things got done, but they did not get done well.

Profile Picture Terri, 5/10/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I had been looking at this place for months before my fiancé and I toured it. It had everything I could want and was a gorgeous location. The lake and peninsula sold my fiancé and I. However, the lady who we were in communication with was so pushy and rude. We tried looking past that because we loved this place. However, we attended a Valentine's dinner and the service was awful, the food was cold, portion size was too small to satisfy anyone, and they had us wait 1 hour and 30 minutes to get our food served. The best part about that night was the bartender. He was on top of it. It's been 3 months and I haven't heard from our coordinator. Safe to say we won't be having our wedding there after all.

Profile Picture Baylie, 5/31/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

If you're looking for a beautiful private location and have a limited budget this is definitely your place. However, if you also expect decent service and professionalism on your special day, I'd look elsewhere.

- Beautiful location
- Private setting
- Compared to other venues, fairly inexpensive

- Unorganized staff
- Get everything in writing - what they say is not always what you get
- Lack of professionalism
- Forced to use their vendors (caterer/DJ)
- Day-of-coordinator lacks experience

Profile Picture Kirk, 8/8/09, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This place is Beatiful! However, it seems they are always going through staff members.
Everytime I would call to make a payment, I would be speaking to someone new. They would inform me that the previous person no longer worked there...
I originally fell in love with this place because of their scenery. It's GORGEOUS! I dont want to bad mouth this place but I would like to explain the ratings I gave... I booked this venue for a Ceremony Only.
I was informed that if I did a ceremony only, I would have to be out of there by a certain time, which I completely understood. There was an evening wedding right after mine. However, I feel that I didnt get treated fairly.. I understand mine was a wedding only, but I also paid to use this venue, wether it was for 2 hours or 6 hours. I was a paying customer and should have recieved the same treatment as the other bride. However, everyone was too busy worrying about the evening wedding that I couldnt seem to get anyone to help me. I was supposed to have a golf cart escort me to the top of the hill along with my father, instead I had to walk all the way to the back to try and get someone to do this for me... in high heels!.. I was finally able to find someone, and he was extremely rude. I told him I needed a ride to the top of the hill as my cerermony was about to start and he rolled his eyes in front of me..he didnt even try to hide it... Needless to say, I was at the top of the hill greeting my guests. It was terrible. I was very dissapointed. Also, there was no sound during my ceremony.. I was not informed that there would no sound.. It was just not what I expected, especially for all the money I had to pay...
I would like to point out the Jessica (Customer Service) was very helpful though.

Profile Picture Soila, 5/14/11, 8 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

When we went to visit this location for our December wedding, my husband and I thought we found the perfect wedding location. We were told they would work with us on budget and extras. We were allowed to bring in our own dj but had to use their catering company which we had no problem with. We signed the contract and from there on out they did not care about you. I have no complaints about their catering company whatsoever. They were wonderful and we had lots of compliments about the food and desserts they provided. On the day of the ceremony I was less than thrilled. The site looked beautiful but we were treated less than wonderful. The ceremony went ok but at the reception that all changed. We paid for space heaters outside for the dj (who had to set up outside the tent) which did not work. They would not refund us on the cost of those. Then after the main dances they removed their speakers from tent so the guests had no background music. The music that was still playing outside had to be kept so low you could not even dance to it. The owners kept coming over saying the music was too loud (but you couldn't even hear it in the test that was 10ft away). They came back started unhooking our djs equipment. When our dj asked them to not touch his computer and equipment the owners started cursing and dropping the "f" word to our dj (infront of the little kids who were trying to dance to the
music). We were told we had to pack up and leave even though we still has almost 2 hrs of reception time left. They said they could not risk getting a fine for the music being too loud. We did not get an apology or refund for the lost time. I would not let the beauty of lake oak meadows fool you. All I can say is you have been warned. Good luck.

Profile Picture Kristine, 12/19/08, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Only asset is the beautiful venue. Beyond that, customer service falls off a cliff. Business is more into making money than customer service, especially if they can make money from your misfortune. They tell you they work seamlessly with the caterer, but when you complain to either one, they bifurcate their responsibilities and blame each other. We had teenagers serving the guests, like Ronins without a leader. Working hard, but obviously on minimum wage and inexperienced. I tipped everyone including the kitchen staff twice the maximum amount suggested. Not their fault. In fact, the caterer actually shot back at me with an argumentative tone, as if the bad service was my fault !! The bride's mother didn't get her plate until 10 minutes after all the other 9 people on our table had received theirs. Never has a service oriented company talked to me like that. My credit card must have gone through! The venue's response email to any flexibility starts with "as per your contract". It's all about squeezing as much money out of you on this special occasion when you are vulnerable.

Profile Picture Juzer, 4/24/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Lighting/Sound, Set Up, Parking, Bartender(s), Cash Bar, Limited Bar, Uncovered Outdoor, Barware, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Tastings

We recently had our wedding at Oak Meadows and there are definitely some good things about the venue and then some not so good things.

We will start off on a positive note about the good things:
-beautiful venue- the grounds are kept very nice, lots of amazing places to take pictures, friends said it was the most beautiful wedding they had ever been too.
- Our day of coordinator Angela was beyond amazing! She was our saving grace as far as their staff went

and unfortunately thats about it for the positives.

The Negatives:
- AWFUL CUSTOMER SERVICE, I cannot even stress how awful their customer service is. As soon as you sign your name on the dotted line their attitude towards you totally changes. We had several billing problems with them, I reported these issues to their staff by email and phone and never heard back until I sent an email threatening to cancel our wedding at their venue. The owner Lisa called after I sent the email and assured me I would have no further issues and then the very next billing cycle we had the same issue. When you go on your tour they tell you that you will become best friends with the office staff and they are there to help you, but that is a joke! I had the hardest time ever getting a hold of anyone. Had I done my research a little more I would have found that several other brides have had the exact same experience with their customer service. Its shocking to me that there are several reviews about their horrible customer service and they do nothing to make it a better experience for brides and grooms. One of the vendors I used stated that she had heard from several brides that had the same venue as us that they had the same experience as I did.

All in all my wedding was the most amazing day of my life. The day of staff was great. I just really wish that I had a better experience in the planning of the wedding . They definitely left a sour taste in my husband and I's mouth. I have a hard time recommending this venue, it was an amazing day but the months leading up could have been less stressful. This place has the potential to be to 5 stars.

Profile Picture Rachael, 5/20/12, 7 Reviews