Vista Events Reviews

20 Reviews for Vista Events

• Dennis

Dennis Casimiro · Getting married on 07/31/2021

Great Ceremony!

Minister Debra helped us create a magical ceremony in only 2 weeks as we decided to not let COVID deter our wedding! She made the time to get to know us so that we could feel that weren't just getting a canned program. We would highly recommend her!

Sent on 10/05/2020

Vista Events's reply:

Thank you, Dennis! Your ceremony was magical in so many ways, and it seemed that everyone contributed to the joy. I'll never forget it, and how we brought so much beauty to a completely scaled-down event during a pandemic year. It was my honor.
  • Kristine Baldwin

Kristine Baldwin · Married on 09/04/2020

September 2020 Wedding

Debra Ann married us on 9/4/20 at Venuti’s in Addison. Throughout the planning period, Debra was always very organized and knowledgeable. She made the ceremony planning easy and fun. The entire ceremony was customized to exactly what we wanted. My favorite part was how she surveyed us separately, and asked us questions about each other. We then heard each other’s responses for the first time during our ceremony. It was a sweet surprise. She also surveyed some of our close family and friends, and asked questions about what they thought of us as a couple. That was also a pleasant surprise!

With Debra everything is personalized to the couple, and nothing is a one size fits all. She is very personable and wants to get to know you and your SO, and she’ll even remember you after your wedding day!

Debra also organized the order of the entrance and the recessional and everything in between. She worked with our musician and other vendors to make sure everyone was in sync. All you have to do is give her their names/contact info and she does the rest.

Several guests at the wedding mentioned after the ceremony how much they enjoyed it. It was exciting and engaging. Some guests didn’t know how we met, and they enjoyed hearing our love story. Others has said it was very personalized and detailed. Even people that knew how we met said they learned something new. When people ask us how we met, we always say “we met at a bar.” However, when Debra shares our love story, you feel like you were sitting at the bar with us watching it all play out.

Everyone could tell our officiant Debra Ann had put a lot of time and effort into writing the ceremony, and it’s was beautifully delivered. The ceremony was fantastic, and set the tone for the rest of the wedding. Our original wedding was planned for March, but was cancelled due to the shutdown.. this ceremony was well worth the wait! Thanks Debra!!

Sent on 09/10/2020

Vista Events's reply:

Kristine, thank you so much for these kind words! I love how your Love Story became one of the highlights of your entire ceremony. It was fun telling it in the intimate space at Venuti's, and I truly could see your guests enjoying it as I told it. I also loved working with all your vendors including your violinist, photographer, and videographer. I am thrilled we accomplished to have a safe and beautiful wedding ceremony during these uncertain times. To feel that your ceremony was "fantastic" and "set the tone for the rest of the wedding," is always our goal; so I am beyond thrilled that we accomplished that for you. Many joys ahead to you and your new husband!
  • Margaret

Margaret B · Married on 09/04/2020

Lovely Ceremony

Debra officiated the wedding for my daughter recently. We were pleasantly surprised by how organized and professional the ceremony was. It was entertaining, light-hearted, and uplifting. It fit my daughter and son-in-law well. Debra was very calm and made me feel at ease as we walked down the aisle. Debra is a very kind and caring. I will recommend her anybody looking for an officiant in the future. Thank you for a memorable wedding!

Sent on 09/10/2020

Vista Events's reply:

Thank you so much for this thoughtful review, Margaret! You and your family deserve the very best. It was my honor to witness all the love and beauty this ceremony contained. So many tender moments remain memorable in my heart as well (along with a few humorous ones). I'm still smiling thinking of it, and I'm so happy that you are as well.
  • Matthew

Matthew Bunn · Married on 08/04/2020

Fun, Humorous, and Genuine

Debra Ann is a very enthusiastic, detailed-oriented, and knowledgeable wedding officiant. She's experienced and knows every angle of a wedding and ceremony. You don't need to know anything going in, which can be very helpful in the bustle of preparing your wedding. Debra Ann is thorough and a hard-worker and will be extremely detailed in the preparation, drafting, rehearsal, and of course the ceremony itself. Her thoroughness is matched by her cheerfulness, kindness, and great humor. She will infuse levity and lightness and humor into your ceremony seamlessly, if that's what you wish. Debra Ann can do whatever you need and help with whatever you need. A very good choice for an officiant and highly recommended.

Sent on 05/11/2019

Vista Events's reply:

I am humbled by your high praise, Matthew. I appreciate your sharing these kind words, and I continue to smile whenever I think of so many wonderful moments during your ceremony. We all worked so well together, and I thank you for the privilege of being at your side to witness it all.
  • Shawn

Shawn Beach · Married on 07/26/2020

Personalized Love Story

Debra was an amazing officiant. She is anything but run-of-th-mill; she really took her time to cater the ceremony to our beliefs and created a personalized “Love Story” that was the center of the ceremony. She was flexible with our working schedule and took her time to make sure we had the ceremony of our dreams. Our guest loved the flow of the ceremony; the love story was personable, funny, and detailed giving our guests a snapshot of our lives as a couple. Debra truly goes above and beyond and we would highly recommend her to anyone who wants an elegant yet personalized ceremony.

Sent on 07/28/2020

Vista Events's reply:

Shawn, these words mean so much to me. It is very special to have written your ceremony as if it were as important as my own, and then to have you and Brooke acknowledge my efforts with these beautiful words of your own. Thank you so much! ~ Debra
  • Krystal

Krystal · Married on 05/16/2020

The Most Creative Officiant

We are so thankful for Debra to be our officiant for our special day! We met with her and she customized everything to what we have dreamed of for our wedding ceremony. She is very creative and thoughtful which provides a touching wedding ceremony! We would definitely recommend her and her creative service! If you want someone who really puts the time and customizes the wedding the way you want it, pick Debra!!
    -Krystal

Sent on 01/18/2020

Vista Events's reply:

Krystal. I love working with you and Luke! Thank you so much for this kind review, which means so much. ~ Debra

Randee Flynn · Married on 03/07/2020

Warm, friendly, creative and supportive

Debra Ann listened to what we wanted to make our ceremony unique to us and our family. She provided thoughtful and creative guidance and was tremendously supportive along the way. Highly recommend!

Sent on 03/20/2020

Vista Events's reply:

Your ceremony was so special, and such an honor to be a part of. I'll never forget you and your wonderful family. Such a beautiful photo of all of you! Thank you so much, Randee.

Tara Flores · Married on 09/15/2019

Rev Deb made our day even more special

We decided on a whim to get married over the weekend. With 3 days notice, Minister Deb customized the most beautiful, loving, and perfectly executed ceremony. She listened to what we wanted and performed the ceremony exactly how we had hoped. We can't thank her enough for the warmth, attention to detail, and love that she brought to our special day. Her inclusion of our children and guests into the ceremony was the icing on the cake. Her husband came along and took a few photos for us too which was awesome. Thank you Rev Deb and Vista Events!

Sent on 09/18/2019

Vista Events's reply:

It is amazing how well and wonderful everything turned out! Thank you for making the experience so delightful in every way. Congratulations to you and your loving husband and family!
  • Brendan

Brendan Concannon · Married on 08/02/2019

Beautiful Ceremony

Debra created a beautiful personalized wedding ceremony that my wife and guests loved. She is full of energy and ideas. Thank you, Debra!

Sent on 10/08/2019

Vista Events's reply:

Thank you for choosing me to officiate your beautiful wedding! May your marriage be the greatest of blessings.
  • gretavolkiene

Greta Volkiene · Married on 08/02/2019

My daughter's wedding was wonderful. Debra is very kind and everyone loved her.

Sent on 10/08/2019

Vista Events's reply:

Aww, this is so touching, Greta. You are such a gifted and talented mother, so your review means the world to me. Thank you!
  • W

Wenmei Li · Married on 07/20/2019

Professional, Personalized, and God-Centered Minister

Minister Debra Ann orchestrated a personalized, warm, and memorable ceremony today for my groom Eric and me. She spoke about us with such charm and detail that it seemed like we have known each other for a lifetime. Her graceful and elegant style along with her God-centered approach helped make today the best day of our lives so far. If you are looking for someone who will approach your ceremony as if it were her own, don't look further than Minister Debra Ann.

Sent on 07/23/2019

Vista Events's reply:

Dearest Wenmei, I am so thrilled everything turned out so perfectly for you and Eric. You both deserve every happiness, and it was my great honor to serve as your officiant.

Eric Englert · Married on 07/20/2019

Friendly, Detail-oriented Minister

Debra Ann is the consummate professional. Her attention to detail combined with her affability and kindness make her the ideal minister. We just had our initial wedding consultation meeting with Debra, and my fiancee and I feel like we have known her all of our lives. She made us feel so comfortable and took the time to make the ceremony unique and special. I highly recommend Debra Ann!

Sent on 07/23/2019

Vista Events's reply:

Thank you, Eric. It was a true joy, start to finish, working with both of you and your families! I am so grateful you chose me, and that I was able to provide the perfect tone for your special day.

Annie Gowens · Married on 07/20/2019

Debra Ann !

She is an amazing lady !! I would recommend her to everyone!

Sent on 07/24/2019

Vista Events's reply:

Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to recommend me here, Annie! I enjoyed working with your entire family, including the children, who were all so delightful.
  • Ausra

Ausra · Married on 07/15/2019

A breathtaking ceremony

Where do I start!! To begin with, Debra is one of the most vibrant, sweet and thoughtful women I have ever met.
    Our first meeting was more than just a discussion about the wedding. It was a session full of caring, advice, and compassion. My husband and I left inspired to love and we felt stronger than ever as a couple.
    Every single detail was discussed and thought out. You will get what you wished for and MORE. She suggested things that I did not even think myself which made our ceremony unique and unforgettable. One of those that swept our mothers away was the rose ceremony. During the ceremony, we both went over to our moms, hugged them and handed them a rose as a sign of unity and appreciation. Our mothers cried of happiness and it left them speechless. This is just one small detail of this ceremony. We were also able to choose our desired level of religion, as well as what feeling we wanted to show, for example intimate, humorous or uplifting. We were able to plan the perfect ceremony for us. My husband is Irish, so she kindly added some Irish blessings that his guests loved. Another sweet detail that she suggested was making little scrolls that had a poem on all of them and they were placed at the dinner table. What a sweet detail! And everybody loved them. They were gorgeous. Her company is more than just officiating. She will help with other things as well.
    Did I mention she was an English teacher and she KNOWS how to write really well? She even helped me correct my vows to make them sound smooth and even more loving.
    We grew so close to Debra that she feels like my second mother. She will care for you with limitless love. I highly recommend to choose her with no doubt. Love you, Debra!

Sent on 08/08/2019

Vista Events's reply:

Oh, this is the sweetest thing ever, Ausra! It truly makes me want to marry you two all over again! I am so blessed to have such great couples and their families to work with. You and yours will always be special to me. Even your grandmother and your guests from Ireland were so kind to me. Thank you! And please, thank all of them for me, too.
  • Kayla

Kayla · Married on 05/04/2019

So excited to work with Debra!

We were definitely running behind in terms of finding an officiant, but we truly lucked out! Debra was very responsive and is just the right person for what we want for our special day. We clicked immediately, and I could tell she would be a wonderful presence at our wedding. We are both looking forward to getting to know Debra and the beautiful ceremony she will be writing for us!

Sent on 02/22/2019

Vista Events's reply:

I have so many wonderful memories of you and Tyler. Thank you for all the fun we had working together. I wish you both immeasurable joy, every success, and a lifetime of happiness together.
  • Christina

Christina Demarco · Married on 11/10/2018

Mother of the groom

My son was just married by Minister Debra Ann, she was very professional, and very friendly, She makes everyone feel that they are part of the ceremony. The ceremony was beautiful and very moving. She made sure everything was perfect for their special day. I loved how she told their love story and she also gave them an infinity heart that was very special. My son told me he really liked her he found her to be very spiritual. Minister Debra Ann is wonderful and I would recommend her to anyone getting married or renewing their vows!!

Sent on 11/13/2018

Vista Events's reply:

Dear Christina, you are so kind to share these delightful memories of your son's wedding day! You raised a very special man, and I remember thinking early on he must have had wonderful parenting. You did an outstanding job, and you should be very proud. It was my honor to work with your family and the newlyweds. I'm so pleased that you loved the ceremony, which was highly personalized. Thank you.

Steve Kemnetz Jr · Married on 11/10/2018

Mr & Mrs K

My wife and I loved our first meeting with Minister Debra Ann. We both walked out of there knowing we were going to pick her. Then we thought to ourselves, maybe she picked us. From the moment we started working with the Minister, we realized she cared so much about our special day. We are extremely happy with Vista Events and Minister Debra Ann will always be apart of our lives.

Sent on 02/22/2019

Vista Events's reply:

'Love being a part of the Kemnetz circle! You two are special and always will be. Keep loving each other well, and thanks for a truly meaningful connection.
  • Kristin

Kristin · Married on 06/23/2018

Debra is amazing!!!! She really created an amazing love story for my husband and I.

Debra from start to finish was completely invested in our ceremony and truly wanted to give us exactly what we wanted. She was so patient and willing to do whatever it took to make us happy. For Valentine’s Day she sent us a fun game to play as a couple before our wedding day! 😊

Sent on 11/21/2018

Vista Events's reply:

So many happy memories with you two lovebirds! We had lots of fun together, and I truly enjoyed serving as your wedding officiant. I have many fond memories of your rehearsal and ceremony. Thank you, Kristin and Keith!

Kate · Married on 05/27/2018

Guest at wedding

Debra is absolutely amazing at what she does!! I attended a wedding that she officiated and she not only made it cute but also threw some humor in as well. I loved that because it really keeps the guests entertained. She makes everyone feel so comfortable and welcomed! I would 10/10 recommend!!! You will NOT be disappointed !

Sent on 05/07/2019

Vista Events's reply:

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this kind review! I always enjoy chatting with guests before and after the wedding. Your insights are much appreciated.