VisArts at Rockville Reviews

VisArts at Rockville 4
VisArts at Rockville 5
  • Brianna

Brianna · Married on 09/28/2019

Unique venue in the heart of Rockville

We absolutely loved our venue! We were looking for a venue with a rooftop option, that would be convenient for our (non-DC area) family to travel to, for a price tag we could afford. VisArts covers all the bases! Bonus, it is a nonprofit community art center with artist galleries (which can be opened for your guests to enjoy during your event) and fun classes available (in case you’re looking for a wedding party activitiy). Definitely a unique space.

The rooftop offers views of Rockville Town Square, and had plenty of space to host both our ceremony and cocktail hour (we had 70 guests). Our reception was in the Buchanon Room which boasts floor to ceiling windows and a dance floor. The VisArts team is happy to decorate the ceiling in market lights, or twinkle lights, or japanese lanters, or probably whatever you request! All the tables and chairs were included with our rental, including the lounge furniture on the roof for cocktail hour, which was super convenient.

Not to mention the location! With the Cambria hotel just up the street, and all the restaurants and shops in Rockville Town Square, our guests never had to leave the area. Super convenient, and lots of fun.

Mary was our event manager. She was easy to work with, and happy to lend her expertise to answer all the questions I had along the way!

We can’t say enough good things about it. Go with VisArts and you will be in good hands.

Sent on 10/20/2019

Danielle · Married on 09/16/2018

As a newly wed LGBTQ couple, VisArts made us feel like family. It is an amazing venue with a style all it’s own! Mary gave us a 2 hour tour of the facility and all of the options they offer. Because of the style, things they offer to the community as a non profit, and the personal attention give to our event... VisArts was the ONLY option for us. Mary truly embraced our vision and brought it to life. As our wedding day drew closer, Mary and her staff were in constant contact to place us at ease. As Hurricane Florence came to try to ruin our big day, Mary was the first to let us know that her and her staff would do everything in their power, to include working around the clock, to make sure our wedding was all we envisioned! She was amazing!

VisArts at Rockville 6
    Sent on 09/27/2018

LaShaun · Married on 09/02/2018

Mary is just the best. VisArts has so many amazing spaces we had our ceremony on the rooftop and the view is just amazing. We used the 2nd Floor for our cocktail hour and it was just the right size to have guest mix and mingle. The Buchanan room is where we had our reception and it was perfect the glass windows, the Chinese lanterns, the votives in the windows. Everyone loved our space and it was so easy to take our pictures in the gallery and in the middle of Rockville town center. Perfect place

Sent on 09/18/2018

Gina · Married on 08/18/2018

VisArts was an amazing wedding venue. the size was perfect for our wedding of 145 people, and everyone we worked with went above and beyond to make our wedding day so special. I would highly recommend them for anyone looking for a chic, modern wedding venue!!

VisArts at Rockville 7
    VisArts at Rockville 8
    VisArts at Rockville 9
    Sent on 08/21/2018
  • Alexis

Alexis · Married on 07/21/2018

We found VisArts early in our venue search, got on great with Mary Liniger, and thought that the artsy space with rooftop garden would be perfect, but we wanted to get married in the city rather than the suburbs because we had a lot of overseas guests, and went with a DC venue. However, our experience with that venue turned out to be really unpleasant, and we came hopefully back to VisArts three months before our date wondering whether they were still available. They were, and switching our wedding there was the best decision we made! The location may be in the suburbs, but it was easy to get to via metro and convenient for our many out of town guests, and actually made spending time with them easier than it would have been in the city.

There’s so much we love about VisArts it’s hard to know where to start, but it was really Mary who made our experience so wonderful! She welcomed our queer, unconventional wedding, made us feel like the space was our home, and helped us to create a celebration vision that fit us and our community – making space for book themed decor, Scottish dancing, fan videos, a children’s play area, and gender neutral bathrooms, and using the venue’s resources and her own brilliant ideas to add so much we hadn’t thought of. So many of our friends told us this was the best wedding they had been to, and having it at VisArts was one of the things that made it so great. Mary also kept communication flowing among our vendors during the setup and throughout the wedding. Even though our dreams of a rooftop ceremony were dashed when our wedding day got drenched in a deluge, we can't imagine anything having gone better.

We are so glad we went back to VisArts and found it a great space for our LGBTQ+ community. Most recommended! Thank you Mary and Vis Arts! ❤️

VisArts at Rockville 10
    VisArts at Rockville 11
    Sent on 07/28/2018

Markia · Married on 05/18/2018

My husband and I, along with our guests, had a wonderful time at our wedding and the space was beautiful! We had our ceremony at our church and had cocktail hour in the concourse outside of the Buchanan Room at VisArts, with the reception taking place in the Buchanan Room.

We were looking forward to accessing the rooftop terrace for pictures and are very glad that Mary was able to help make that possible (and that it wasn't raining too heavily all day.) Her recommendation of the gallery as another place to take pictures (when the rain picked up a bit) worked out great too!

She really helped to make the planning and coordination of our special day go smoothly and it is surely a day that we will never forget!

VisArts at Rockville 12
    VisArts at Rockville 13
    Sent on 06/01/2018

Sheena · Married on 12/01/2017

I feel like nothing I write will be able to truly describe how amazing VisArts was for our wedding reception. It was the perfect choice. We wanted a modern, city feel and we definitely got that there. The artist concourse was great for the cocktail hour. It felt upscale and modern. Mary was nothing shy of amazing and really made the planning process feel easy! We had plenty of space in the Buchanan room for our appx. 120 guests and the band to play. It was especially nice for the winter because we had the holiday decorations and that view of the ice skating rink. We took portraits on the roof before the wedding and got some spectacular shots.
    There is a ton to do around there for out of town guests. We had our rehearsal dinner at La Tasca. We also continued the reception party at Bar Louie after the wedding. It was great to have the guests staying at the Cambria Hotel and it was convenient for them to walk back to the hotel after the reception. In dealing with wedding vendors, it can be hard to know if they have your best interest at heart or if they want a bigger paycheck. With VisArts, there was no doubt they wanted to make sure our day was special. We wish we could do it all over again!

VisArts at Rockville 14
    VisArts at Rockville 15
    VisArts at Rockville 16
    VisArts at Rockville 17
    Sent on 12/28/2017

Leah · Married on 10/20/2017

I held my wedding here on 10/20/17 and hands down believe that choosing this venue was the best decision that I made in regards to planning my wedding! From the very beginning, Jackie Senior was AMAZING! Shortly after inquiring about availability and pricing of the space, I was able to do a site visit and boy was I wowed! The space is unique and absolutely gorgeous! Nestled in the center of Rockville Town Square, you get a downtown feel right in the middle of the suburbs. Jackie was very knowledgeable about the space and the different options that we'd have for our October wedding. We secured the space with the deposit and from there, Jackie was willing to be at our disposal for whatever we needed. She went above and beyond throughout the whole process- even securing pipe and drape for us through a vendor that she has worked with, once she heard that the quote that we received from someone else was 3 times the amount that she knew it should/could be! Jackie is very personable and made our experience with VisArts top-notch! The wedding turned out amazing! All of our guests absolutely LOVED the unique artistic elements of the venue space and the beautiful views of the town center from the reception held in the Buchanan Room! Hands down- VisArts and their team is the way to go if you are looking for a beautiful, unique space to hold your wedding or event. You will not be disappointed! And not to mention they are reasonably priced too!

To the VisArts team and my personal favorite- Jackie Senior, thank you for making the biggest day of my life as amazing as it was! Thank you for everything!

VisArts at Rockville 18
    VisArts at Rockville 19
    VisArts at Rockville 20
    VisArts at Rockville 21
    Sent on 11/09/2017

Christin · Married on 12/03/2016

My wedding was a dream come true! Jackie was so fabulous to work with. She knows the space and what works for it, but also listened to what I wanted and helped to make all that come together. It was a second wedding for both my fiancé and myself and we wanted a unique venue. The ballroom was beautiful, the perfect size and overlooked the town center all filled with holiday lights and the ice skating rink. Our guests had cocktails and apps in the corridor and were able to check out the great work of local artists while we took pictures in the gallery and roof top! Wish I could make it an annual event!!!

Sent on 01/11/2017

Kayla · Married on 10/14/2016

We absolutely loved VisArts! The additional ability to add paper lanterns to the Buchannan room made our reception even more special and magical than we could imagine. They were very accommodating and willing to let us store our alcohol and other supplies for set up with them the day before.

Sent on 10/18/2016

Kim · Married on 09/03/2016

We had the BEST time at the bat mitzvah!! The room looked beautiful. We got so many compliments on the venue--we couldn't have picked a more perfect place! So, thank you for all your help!

Sent on 09/12/2016

Elena · Married on 07/09/2016

We had our daughter's wedding reception at VisArts last weekend (July 2016) for 110 guests. The venue was the perfect location for our daughter and her artist husband. Having cocktails in the Artists Concourse with the artist studios on either side was wonderful. The banquet room was large enough to comfortably seat all guests, with two buffet tables AND a 6-piece band. Lots of room for dancing on the huge wooden dance floor. Their Sales Director, Amy, was terrific in the planning and execution stages -- always responsive and going above and beyond to make sure our event was unique. We paid extra for them to hang the most gorgeous paper lanterns from the ceiling which transformed the room and looked beautiful in all the photos. It was as if we were in a fairy wonderland! They worked with us to order specific colors for the lanterns. I highly recommend this venue!

Sent on 07/17/2016
  • User5205358 · 2+ years ago

Visarts is a unique space, all of our guests remarked on how cool and different it is. Highly recommend doing the cocktail hour in the studio concourse, the art studios provide a wonderful backdrop. We especially loved the spacious dance floor in the event room. The coordinators are responsive and go out of their way to try to live up to your vision. We had about 120 guests, and I felt that was a good number, if many more had come it would have begun to feel more crowded.

Sent on 05/20/2016

Perri · event on: 11/14/2015

I recently had my Bar Mitzvah celebration for my son at Visarts and it was sheer perfection. From the moment I met with the staff at Visarts I knew I had made the right decision. I love the room with all of the glass windows and it worked out perfectly for what I wanted. The staff's responsiveness was top notch and coordinating with all of my vendors worked out well too. I highly recommend this venue for any type of celebration.

Sent on 11/16/2015

Julia · Married on 10/24/2015

Our wedding at VisArts was a wonderful experience from start to finish. The staff was super helpful and especially the day of the wedding, Amy and Jackie went above and beyond to really help things move along smoothly. I found it particularly amazing how smooth planning was considering that I live in Texas. Both Amy and Jackie were fun to work with and were great at keeping things on track with the caterers, etc.

The space itself was awesome with all of the cool art. We pretty much used the entire facility for the wedding, and the wedding seemed to flow much more smoothly than I expected. It was definitely more convenient for the guests to not have to move to another venue. Overall, we thought having our wedding at VisArts was the best choice for us.

Sent on 12/17/2015

Colleen · Married on 10/10/2015

This venue is absolutely beautiful, and bonus you get to provide your own alcohol which significantly cuts down costs. It also required very little decorations, all I added were table settings. The tables and chairs are included which was nice. I agonized over whether to rent nicer chairs, but in the end I went with the ones they had and honestly didnt even notice them. Money well saved. They're all very easy to work with and very responsive. I wouldn't have changed a single thing, it was perfect.

Sent on 10/27/2015

Jeanne · Married on 09/12/2015

We were absolutely thrilled with VisArts for our daughter's wedding on September 12, 2015! What a unique and gorgeous venue! Our guests were just blown away since the venue is so contemporary, fresh and unusual. Amy Wollins was our contact and she was outstanding from the moment I first visited until the night of the wedding. We booked the Concourse for the cocktail hour (unfortunately our rooftop cocktail hour got rained out but the concourse worked really well) overlooking the art galleries, the Kaplan gallery (where we took formal photos -- GORGEOUS!) and the Buchanan Room for the ceremony and plated dinner/party. The Buchanan Room dressed up is simply stunning -- what a gorgeous vibe -- and if you've got the right vendors working with you (and we did), the room could not have been more breathtaking. And -- it overlooks the Rockville Town Square which at night, is just gorgeous. All of our guests were blown away as was the bride and groom -- and this Mama with high expectations was even more blown away. PERFECT! This is a great place to have any function, not just a wedding. And you will get some amazing photos both in the space and in the town square -- unique photos you will treasure for a lifetime. A special shout-out to Omar who was on-site to make sure all went well with the facility.

Sent on 10/03/2015

The wedding at VisArts was fantastic and the service was exceptional. I almost broke down into tears as I saw how beautiful the reception room was decorated. My family kept thanking me for having exotic and fresh wedding while maintaining the values we hold dear.

Sent on 09/01/2015

Catherine · event on: 03/12/2015

This is a beautiful venue in the heart of Rockville. The room overlooks Rockville Towne Square with floor to ceiling windows in the southwest corner of the building! We were fortunate enough to see the ice skaters having fun on the outdoor ice rink during the winter season. The room is tastefully decorated with a projector and screen available. Although it is a large room, the acoustics are fantastic, so we didn't even need to use the provided microphone! It is an added bonus to walk past active artist studios and see various stages of beautiful artwork. The staff at the VisArts are wonderful to work with. They are cheerful and accommodating. They are a pleasure to work with!

Sent on 03/13/2015
  • User4875282 · event on: 03/12/2015

We held a swim team banquet at VisArts that included senior recognition. This space worked very well for us. The facility is clean, spacious and beautiful. The staff supplied all the tables, chairs, event signs, and AV needs. We had food delivered, brought our own decorations, and in no time had a wonderful banquet. You can't beat this central location and the amazing views of Rockville Town Square.
    The staff worked with us to immediately reschedule our event due to a snowstorm on our original date. They made us feel well cared for.
    Thanks VisArts. We will definitely be back!

Sent on 03/13/2015

Janine · event on: 01/24/2015

VisArts at Rockville is a unique and beautiful location for an event. The pictures on the website don't do it justice, you must visit to see how special an event can be here. From the artist-lined hallway to the walls of windows providing natural light and street views from Rockville Town Center, it is better than a hotel and will have people talking. The staff is well-versed in what works, what vendors they recommend, and how to use the space to its greatest advantage. In particular, Amy Wollins was especially helpful in making my birthday party an event to remember. It was well worth the price.

Sent on 01/27/2015

Susan · Married on 12/27/2014

This venue is gorgeous. Our bar mitzvah celebration had a crowd that was heavily 13 years old but included a number of seniors who wanted to get away from the noise--this beautiful center has a large foyer area next to the event room that is beautiful and quiet--it is the main corridor off of which various artist studios open, and glass windows show the artists' work in progress. The main room has large windows overlooking the new Rockville downtown area, including the skating park--lovely given our late December event. Staff is professional and easy to work with; kitchen is large and professional.

Sent on 12/31/2014

Tina · event on: 12/18/2014

Amy, many of our colleagues were duly impressed and had no idea of the VisArts "goldmine" in our own backyard. We heard rave reviews of the venue, the room looked spectacular and of course, the food was delicious. Thanks for your great service in accommodating our needs. We will be back and I'll contact you early next year to book again for Christmas 2015. Tina Kalil

Sent on 12/19/2014

Sandra · Married on 11/29/2014

Highly recommend this space! I am in the industry and have done many events here. Now ...I add my own wedding to the list. Jackie, Amy and Omar and rest of team are fabulous and go well above and beyond to make things work for you! I had my dream wedding at this venue and all my clients have had wonderful things to say! Can't thank you enough!!

No matter if your a summer wedding and doing rooftop ceremony or winter wedding all indoors, this space has so much potential to add your own décor personal touches! Thank you!!!

Sent on 12/15/2014
  • User4575358 · event on: 11/21/2014

The event managers at VisArts-Rockville Town Center provided us with a great value for the price we paid to hold our annual celebration. All of the details were taken care of, and the Buchanan Room was a warm and inviting space for our guests. VisArts set up the room to our specifications, they worked with the caterer, and they provided ample space for our entertainment to perform for our guests. As stated, Amy and Jackie took care of all of the details and any last minute details that came up so that we were able to host a seamless event. Our staff were able to focus on and enjoy our guests in addition to the the festivities being held. Thank you again VisArts for a job well done and for making our event a memorable evening for our guests and our staff.

Sent on 11/28/2014