Visage Joli Reviews

55 | Chicago, IL

55 Reviews for Visage Joli

55 Visage Joli Reviews

Linda · Married on 08/25/2018

Would recommend Wendy and Renee for anything- not just weddings. They were perfect - my trial was great however they made adjustments after they reviewed the photos they took. I continually got notes from them, everything was explained as far as costs from the beginning- and no hidden charges. I cannot say enough about the professionalism and I would go back to both of them for any time I want to look amazing. Additionally, they followed up with me after the wedding.

Sent on 09/17/2018
    Visage Joli 1
    Visage Joli 2

Visage Joli's reply:

Thank you so much ! I will add to the photos posted and by the way the 2nd photo is of Diane, Linda's sister and her fabulous Mom whose makeup and hair we also did. We had a terrific time with everyone !

Di · Married on 08/04/2018

What can I say about this team!! Wendy and Renee are superheroes.
    Wendy does TV make up during the week and has applied makeup for many celebrities. People, you’re getting an experienced celebrity makeup artist! Because of that, Wendy has great stories to share and can more than handle wedding day-related drama with no problem. Wendy is truly an artist and helped me achieve a really gorgeous look during the trial and wedding day. I didn’t even know that that kind of “red carpet look” was possible for me! Additionally, my wedding was held in an unairconditioned church on a 90 degree day!! The makeup had no problem making it through not just the hot ceremony, but the ENTIRE day/night— these were conditions that would have easily melted any of my DIY attempts off my face. Wendy did an awesome job with my bridesmaids, who had diverse skin tones and ethnicities— my bridesmaids were not use to having event makeup on, but they looked stunning once they had the complete package with hair and their gowns.
    Renee is an amazing hairstylist, she has an easy-going demeanor and produces some gorgeous hairstyles. She created an updo for me that fit my face and gown, it looked like origami! On the morning of the wedding, Renee had an idea for my hairstyle and she found the time to run over to the beauty store and get an extension;what a generous thing for her to do! For my bridesmaids, she worked quickly on her wedding morning to give them a style they loved.
    If you’re not someone who typically wears a lot of makeup or fancy hairstyles, I definitely recommend doing the trial. It helped me get over the “shock” of having makeup on, get used to the look, and gain feedback from friends that I still looked like me! I still looked like me... it just took me a while to seeing myself in the mirror glammed up like that. Anyway, you won’t be disappointed going with Wendy and Renee at Visage Joli for your wedding or special event! Once I have more photos, I’ll share them!

Sent on 08/23/2018
    Visage Joli 7
    Visage Joli 8
    Visage Joli 9

Visage Joli's reply:

Thank you Diana… What an absolutely beautiful review!

Allison Burns · Married on 07/06/2018

Wendy helped make the biggest day of my life perfect!

From the initial make up demo, to the big day, Wendy had my best interest at heart. She was prepared and spent the time to make sure I looked flawless for my wedding. The entire group that got make up done had nothing but outstanding compliments given to them! My make up lasted all day and evening, theough the tears and sweat! THANK YOU WENDY!!!!

Visage Joli 10
    Visage Joli 15
  • Florenz

Florenz · Married on 04/21/2018

Tom & Flor's Wedding

Having recently came to US way of Fiancee visa, the wedding plans had to be in place soon and having proper makeup was a must. My Fiancee heard of a person who had many years of experience in the field. Wendy Kimmel, a makeup artist for Visage Joli Makeup & Hair Chicago, was very helpful. She is very good in knowing what makeup is best for one's skin and on which portion of the face to highlight. She is very good at seeing all the features in ones face and bringing them together beautifully. She asked me for several pictures of myself and had me view several pictures of others to help zero in on what would work best. Wendy was very accommodating as she was there on site of the wedding with all her equipment until after the ceremony. "With great care and skill Wendy truly made my bride the highlight of the day" says Tom, the groom, " I always get compliments on how beautiful my bride appears when people see the pictures. Thank you Wendy for all you have done to make our day very special."

Sent on 10/19/2018
    Visage Joli 16

Visage Joli's reply:

Thank you so much Flor & Tom ! I lived getting to know you Flor and really enjoyed designing your Bridal makeup.

Tara · Married on 09/01/2017

Wendy and Renee are absolutely fabulous! They even were able to accommodate a last minute hair and make up to my sister in law! They are so talented and easy to work with and will use them in the future and recommend them to anyone. Trust me, when you leave their chair, you will feel like a queen!

Ali · Married on 08/26/2017

I cannot recommend Wendy and Renee enough! They did hair and makeup for myself, 4 bridesmaids, and my two moms for my wedding day. Everyone looked absolutely incredible and I appreciated how Wendy and Renee really captured everyone's unique style and aesthetic so everyone looked and felt their best. I'm a professional actor so I'm used to getting my hair and MU done. Hands down, this was the best hair/MU experience I've ever had.

Jeanne · Married on 07/15/2017

Wendy Kimmel is the best of the best! Truly a class act!!! I treated my step-daughter (and myself) on her wedding day to a princess/movie star experience with a TRUE professional. Emily (never had experience with a professional tv makeup artist) had the opportunity to work with Wendy before her wedding day during the trial and get a sense of the experience to come and hence, one stressor of her wedding day was alleviated. She left Wendy's initial consult elated. She was very happy. Wendy took ample time to get to know Emily and her likes and preferences. Wendy's goal is to enhance your natural beauty. Wendy's team allowed the bride and the bridal party to sit back, relax and enjoy the pampering and avoid the wedding day jitters/anxiety of primping oneself.
    Brides, honor yourselves: Treat yourself to the exquisite pampering Wendy and her crew can offer to you.

Rachel · Married on 09/24/2016

Wendy is amazing! She did the makeup for my whole bridal party and everyone looked flawless! Wendy is a true professional and a real delight to work with. I was also in need of a hair person, and she recommended Renee, who was also great to work with and did a great job. If you are looking for an amazing makeup artist, Wendy is your lady!

Sent on 12/10/2016

Visage Joli's reply:

Thank you Rachel...we loved working with you !

Andi · Married on 06/11/2016

Wendy did an amazing job on my makeup - it lasted all day (about 14 hours) with no touch ups needed. She is extremely knowledgeable and skilled. She even worked with me when I changed my mind on the original lip color we tried. I was so pleased that I will likely book some time with her to discuss 'everyday' make up. She recommended a hair stylist, Rene, and she was awesome, too! I showed Rene a picture of what I wanted and she made it happen. We did outdoor pictures and my hair stayed perfect throughout the night even though it was 93F and humid and I have very curly hair. My hair looked good and felt good, too - not stiff or overly hair sprayed. Both ladies made me feel comfortable and made sure my day started out right - and they made sure my bridesmaids looked great, too.

Rana · Married on 09/05/2015

Wendy was a delight to work with. She absolutely has the brides best interests at heart. She's up to date on current bridal and fashion trends and can tailor perfectly to the bride. I had an ethnically diverse bridal party and she was able to make us all look our best.

Andrea · Married on 03/28/2015

Wendy is a very talented make up artist. She understands her craft well and made sure to personalize every little detail to fit me perfectly. I had never gotten my make up professionally done before, but Wendy made me feel very comfortable. My make up stayed on flawlessly all day long, through tears and hours of non-stop dancing. I received so many compliments from Wendy's work on me and my other bridesmaids. She made me look and feel beautiful from the inside out!

amy · Married on 11/01/2014

Wendy did a wonderful job, highly recommended.

Tabitha · Married on 10/04/2014

Wendy is so incredibly knowledgeable at what she does. She is extremely meticulous and will make sure you look absolutely perfect on your wedding day. I did online research of my own and discovered Wendy and her business. Her prices were reasonable and she traveled out to my venue and did my makeup on site the morning of my wedding. I had my makeup airbrushed on and it lasted from early in the morning, and looked flawless late at night. Wendy is truly a joy to work with and she made sure to listen to what I wanted. She understood what I was explaining and she made sure to cater to my needs. I felt so incredibly beautiful on my wedding day and I highly recommend Wendy to anyone looking to have their makeup done.

I never looked more beautiful in my life than on my wedding day ! Wendy and Renee took such good care of me and my entire party. We felt relaxed and the Moms loved their hair and makeup. I would recommend Visage Joli to anyone !

Wendy (make-up) and Renee (hair) were great to work with. They were professional, flexible, and clearly really love what they do! I would highly recommend Visage Joli.

Joy · Married on 06/14/2014

If you're looking for exquisite service and exceptionally talented people to make you ABSOLUTELY stunning on your wedding day then Visage Joli is the place to go! Wendy and her staff are wonderful people. So patient, knowledgeable, funny and sweet! Wendy is truly the best at what she does. My makeup was flawless and lasted through my entire ceremony AND reception! Thank you to you and all your staff for making what was already a memorable day that much more memorable!

Richelle · Married on 12/07/2013

Wendy was absolutely incredible to work with. She not only made me feel beautiful on wedding day but kept me cool and calm the whole time. In the months leading up to my wedding she was so helpful, she even did a second trial for free because I was so indecisive. I cant say enough great things about her. Having Wendy do my makeup was one of the best decision I made and I would recommend her 100 times over to anyone looking for makeup artist, because she truly is an artist. By the end of the entire experience I not only consider her a professional I worked with but a real friend.

Lizzette · Married on 10/06/2013

I hired Wendy to do my makeup for my wedding on October 6, 2013, and I'm so happy I did. I first heard of Visage Joli after checking out an awesome You Swoop deal earlier this year. In all honesty, I would have paid full price and more for her makeup services. She is a ROCKSTAR. She has a ton of talent, she is creative, organized, and so very patient. She made me look and feel beautiful. Wendy has over 20 years of makeup experience, and her work is showcased on news anchors at a Chicago TV station- how awesome is that!

I wanted a natural look that would compliment my brown hair and brown eyes, and she knew exactly how to bring forth that natural beauty. Since she used an airbrush applicator, my makeup lasted all day (despite sweat and tears!). Wendy did my sister's makeup as well, and she looked absolutely gorgeous. I had two trials with her, since I'm so picky, but she was so professional the whole time. She really listened to what I wanted. On the day of my wedding, she brought her notes and my comments and executed my look exactly how I wanted it.

Thank you again, Wendy!

Sent on 11/23/2013

Visage Joli's reply:

I absolutely adored Lizzette. She is super sweet & very organized. Thank you Lizzette !
  • Mila

Mila · Married on 09/29/2013

Should have done this a while ago! Wendy and Renee did an absolutely lovely job on my makeup and hair for my wedding day. They were able to work in a trial for me at a time that was convenient even though it was peak wedding season. On the day of, they were completely prompt and professional. Renee dealt super nicely when I started freaking out that my hair was to one side (as we'd agreed and I wanted) and calmed me down. Wendy adapted my makeup from the trial as I requested and the result was even better than the trial or than i could have expected. She was a completely calm and calming presence throughout the time and wasnt fussed when I needed to get dressed halfway through her finishing my mom's makeup. Overall, highly recommend.

Emily · Married on 08/10/2013

I was so bless to have Wendy and her staff do the hair and makeup for my Wedding at the Omni Hotel in Chicago. They were incredibly professional, had great attitudes, and were able to make not only me, but my mother and bridesmaids look flawless. I couldn't have asked for a better pair! The atmosphere in the room while we were getting our hair and makeup done was enjoyable and entertaining - I almost forgot about the wedding nerves! I am hoping to work with Wendy again for future events! If you are looking for a great group of people to have make your special day special, I'd highly recommend them.

Sent on 11/19/2013

Visage Joli's reply:

Renee & I had a wonderful time with Emily & her maids. We felt very welcome ! Plus working a wedding at the Chicago Omni is always a pleasure.

Christine · Married on 06/29/2013

We all looked beautiful and very pleased with our makeup. It was the best makeup job we ever had.

Pamela · Married on 05/19/2013

So easy to work with and excellent eye for color and makeup style. Did a wonderful job with the wide variety of skin tones and personal styles of our wedding party. Truly an artist.

• W

Wendy · Married on 05/04/2013

So professional! Did exactly what I asked for and made the service fun!

• gabmarie1029@gmail.com

Gabrielle · Married on 03/16/2013

My makeup looked great for my wedding, I was really happy that picked Wendy for the job. Thanks, Wendy!

Wendy is phenomenal--friendly and professional. She did the makeup for my wedding in August. Most importantly, she showed up. She showed up on time. She worked quickly. And she did a great job. My hairstylist also happens to be a makeup artist, and I overheard her telling her assistant how fantastic Wendy is--she said she could learn a thing or two from her. She did very natural makeup that showed up in photographs without looking garish in person. Our makeup lasted (in some cases) from 7am to 11pm. My bridal party was complicated--we had two dark skinned black women, two medium skinned black women, a light skinned black woman, a Latina, and a South Asian and Wendy matched each of us flawlessly. I still email her to ask what products she used.