Virginia Living Museum Reviews

8 Reviews for Virginia Living Museum

• Shannon

Shannon M. · Married on 05/11/2019

Magical Night at the Living Museum

The staff and volunteers at the Living Museum are so wonderful. From the first walk-through to the final song and beyond, they were professional and accommodating. We had planned for an outside ceremony, but it posted. Jennifer and her team didn’t even blink. Enough space for weddings from small to big (ours was about 80 people. Our vendors enjoyed working with the museum team, and I had the flexibility to bring in my own vendors and my own alcohol (with proper licensing). We had lots of kids at our wedding and they had a blast (as did all of the adults). I was unsure when my planner suggested it, but one visit sold me. Our wedding was awesome and the Living Museum made it so.

Sent on 06/08/2019

Leonard · Married on 08/12/2017

The living museum was the best venue we could have ever picked. The staff was great. They have a lot of experience hosting functions. Every time we found something to stress about they had answers and solutions. The venue itself looked beautiful the day of the wedding. Our guests loved walking around the museum taking pictures. We were also able to rent the classrooms downstairs. We hired babysitters to watch all the children at the wedding. I would 100% recommend this venue. Just a side note. They had volunteers bring out animals ( baby alligator, skunk, large lizard) during cocktail hour for our guests to touch and look at. Everyone loved it.

Sent on 08/26/2017

Chelsey · Married on 11/19/2016

Choosing to have our wedding at the Virginia Living Museum was the best decision we made! Jennifer Turlington and Someeka Greene are an amazing duo. Planning the ceremony and reception was a breeze because they made sure to figure out a way to do everything we wanted. They gave great advice and let us explore lots of options with the benefit of their experience. I felt confident from our very first meeting that this was the best fit for us. The pictures they showed did not do justice to just how beautiful the venue is when set up for an evening event. We were completely blown away and our guests had the best time! You will not regret going with this venue; it's unparalleled.

Sent on 11/21/2016
  • F

Lindsay · Married on 11/05/2016

Our reception is being held at the Living Museum November 2016. Jennifer has been so very helpful with all my questions and letting us bring vendors by to see where everything is going to go. I'm so excited to continue working on my reception at the VLM!!

Sent on 12/30/2015

Jeff · Married on 09/11/2016

Jennifer from the museum has been very accommodating with us. She allowed us to bring the vendors by many times to get the feel of the place as well as her assistant showing us around some times as well. The venue was a special surprise to our guests as many were from out of town. We had our ceremony outside by the lake in the amphitheater and even had help getting it ready after the huge downpour an hour before. The guests had a blast wandering the place while enjoying the cocktail hour downstairs and had a few animals come out to be petted. The upper floor was transformed into our reception complete with tables, chairs and the center admission desk turned into a wonderful bar. Overall, the museum looked amazing and the staff was truly a great help. And just to give another special shout out to Jennifer Turlington for all of her help!

Sent on 09/21/2016

Brittany · Married on 12/27/2014

The Virginia Living Museum was the perfect place for our reception. We had a very funky science theme and they were more than accommodating. They even let us fire up a tesla coil! They provide so much that it makes for a very cost effective venue and that also means there's less odds and ends to worry about. Everyone loved being able to see the animals and the kids loved having full run of the museum. Jennifer was so helpful throughout the entire process!

Sent on 01/12/2015
  • Nichole

Nichole · Married on 01/19/2013

This location was our fist pick the day we got engaged and a HUGE hit with all our guest. This was the perfect atmosphere for a fun and lively wedding and our guest LOVED roaming the museum. By far the best location ever!

Sent on 01/28/2013

Cassie · Married on 05/05/2012

Absolutely amazing experience at the VLM. This has been one of my favorite places since I was a kid, so I was thrilled to have my wedding here. Jennifer Turlington, our contact, was an amazing help start to finish, and answered every question I had (sometimes more than once! Oops!) She told me she'd done hundreds of weddings and never had one get rained out... until mine! Yes, we broke the no-rain streak, but we threw together a rain plan at the last minute (literally) and it was perfect! Instead of getting married in the Amphitheater, we said our vows beneath a shark! (You think Shark Week is awesome - Shark Wedding is even better!) I honestly wouldn't change a thing. Out-of-town guests enjoyed the museum, locals marveled at how pretty it looked "all dressed up". Several guests thanked me for the "kid-friendly" atmosphere... and EVERYONE had a great time. I wonder if we can renew our vows here every year?

Sent on 05/07/2012