Vinwood Caterers Reviews

386 | Ipswich, MA

386 Reviews for Vinwood Caterers

Cathy S · Getting married on 07/10/2020

Not just about the (delicious) food!

Having been on both sides of a wedding as a (frequent) attendee and now a bride, I can honestly say that Vinwood was hands-down the caterer with the BEST wedding food I’ve ever had. Our guests can’t stop raving about how DELICIOUS everything was, which was all cooked fresh on site!! Even though we chose passed hor'dourves and a buffet dinner for 110 guests, nobody went hungry and there was never a line for any stations. They worked closely with us and our other vendors in the months leading up to our big day, and went out of their way to make sure we ate at our own wedding! Harmony even made sure that our food didn’t get cold while we were visiting tables, and she handled surprise guests with professional ease. The quality of food and service we received from Vinwood greatly exceeds their prices, and we are incredibly grateful to have worked with them. We highly recommend them (and their signature butternut squash ravioli)!

Sent on 11/08/2019
  • Mike

Mike · Married on 11/10/2019

Wonderful experience, even better food!

We are so thrilled we used Vinwood to cater our wedding this past November! Gary was more than helpful with suggestions about food but also about general wedding planning. The staff was top notch! Barbara made sure our every need was met. Also, Haley, our personal server, was wonderful! She made sure we got to try all the appetizers and frequently checked to make sure we had what we needed. On top of this the food was AMAZING! We received so many compliments and couldn't have been happier with all the food! I would recommend Vinwood to anyone!

Sent on 12/05/2019

Nicole Parmenter · Married on 11/02/2019

Fabulous Food and Staff

We hired Vinwood for our wedding this fall and they were the best! After sampling the food at one of their wedding tastings, we decided to hire them right away. There were many items to choose from which made it difficult, because everything sounded great. Finally, we decided on our menu and finalized it with Gary, who was nothing but professional and very helpful. On our wedding day, Vinwood did not dissapoint. The food was amazing and all of our guests complimented us (Vinwood) on the food. The staff was awesome and extremely helpful in helping set up some of the decorations I brought in (which they don't always do, due to time constraints). I am so thankful for Barbara and staff for their help. They made the setting look truly amazing...everything was perfect!

Sent on 11/12/2019

Shondra Gardner · Married on 10/31/2019

Halloween wedding

We opted for cocktail style food and it was absolutely perfect for our event. Everyone is still raving about the food! We had a taco bar, slider bar (vegetarian and beef), and a risotto cup bar. Everything was delicious! Thanks again!

Sent on 11/06/2019
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 10/12/2019

You’ll want to make sure you eat your dinner!

It was amazing to work with Vinwood on our big day! Gary was super helpful and organized throughout the planning process. When we went to the tasting it was hard to choose from all the amazing options. We were so happy with the selections we made and were adamant that we would eat our meals during our wedding (and we did) since the food was so delicious. We heard such amazing reviews about Vinwood from others and we are so happy we decided to go with them!

Sent on 11/03/2019
  • Rachel

Rachel Diodati · Married on 09/28/2019

Best wedding food!

Vinwood has the best food! We got married a month ago and we’re still getting compliments on the food. For cocktail hour we got the passed apps and a stationed antipasto platter. The passed apps never stopped and the antipasto display was great. For the main course we got filet and haddock and they were both delicious and the portion sizes were very large. We keep saying we hope someone else we know uses vinwood for their wedding in the future so we can eat the food again! The staff is extremely nice and attentive and Ashley/Bridget were both so easy and nice to work with throughout the planning process. There are so many choices and they’re extremely flexible in your choices. We asked for a fast dinner service and they exceeded our expectations! We would highly recommend.

Sent on 10/21/2019
  • Makala

Makala Crowley · Married on 09/27/2019

Vinwood was Amazing!

Working with Vinwood was a great experience for my husband and I. Ashley and Bridget were very responsive. Bridget followed up with us multiple times to make sure all the selections were accurate. I had some specific requests - such as having a wait staff with us during cocktail hour - and she was right by our side the entire time!!
    Kristen was our coordinator at the event and she was AMAZING!! She came to check in with me when she arrived to the venue and was there with us for the entire event. I could feel that her number one priority was to have the day go smoothly and it most definitely did. It was reassuring to have her by my side.
    Our whole experience with Vinwood made wedding planning less stressful and they were very pleasant to work with. I do not have enough good things to say about them!

Sent on 10/28/2019

Bettina Ivanovich Lusk · Married on 09/22/2019

Above and Beyond our Expectations!

Vinwood was absolute perfection! We worked on all the planning with Stephanie and had the best experience. She was easy to reach, able to accommodate to all of our requests and all around helpful with everything. We were lucky enough to have her as our day of coordinator as well, which really helped ease our minds. The food was outstanding, multiple guests commented to us on how amazing everything tasted. It was just the perfect day and we were so happy to have Vinwood be a part of it.

Sent on 10/02/2019
  • Alli

Alli · Married on 09/21/2019

Vinwood was amazing - especially Kristin!

Vinwood was amazing to work with. From the first time we met at the tasting, they were so accommodating and friendly. They allowed us customize absolutely anything that we wanted when it came to our wedding food including changing the fruit in the salad, creating a crispy chicken entree for us, and even making garlic-butter brushed grilled cheese for the late night food (which wasn't even on the menu). I can't say enough good things about catering manager Kristin - who was like a fairy godmother to us the day of the wedding. She had such a calm, cool, demeanor and was a SAINT to have around. Before I walked down the aisle there are photos of her fixing the train of my dress, and positioning my veil (I didn't even notice she was doing that!). When our drinks were low, she would magically appear with new ones. As soon as the grilled cheeses came out, she'd magically appear with sandwiches for us. She just really went above and beyond in all aspects, and I'm so grateful she was there with us that day!

Sent on 10/10/2019
  • Kelly

Kelly · Married on 09/14/2019

Perfect in every way

Vinwood is the exclusive caterer for The Mansion on Turner Hill, where we got married on 9/20/19. We were super impressed from the very beginning of the tasting event, through the planning process, and--most importantly--on the day of the wedding! Kristin, the catering manager on the day of our wedding, was exceptionally attentive. She had appetizers waiting for us in the bridal suite after the ceremony but before we joined the cocktail hour, so that we would not be hungry if we spent too much of dinner time greeting guests. She also offered awesome advice about how and when to greet our guests so that we could maximize our time at dinner, and made sure other parts of the evening such as the cake cutting ran 100% smoothly. All of the wait staff was completely professional, and most importantly, the food was PERFECT! If you get the chance, put the chilean seabass on your menu -- it was a smash hit :).

Sent on 10/11/2019
  • Sara

Sara · Married on 08/31/2019

So happy we worked with Vinwood for our wedding and rehearsal dinner!

We got married at Smolak Farms in North Andover, MA and this was one of their 4 vendors to choose from. We were told that Vinwood was a great vendor for plated dinners, especially given the size of our group (165 wedding guests), so we followed our event coordinator's recommendation and booked with Vinwood. We worked with two coordinators, Ashley (up until the birth of her child, congrats!) and Bridget. Both coordinators were extremely professional to work with and helped put our minds at ease knowing that everything would be executed perfectly. We started by going to a tasting where we got to try a bit of everything we ended up putting on the menu. We used Vinwood for our 30 person rehearsal dinner hosted at our venue, Smolak Farms, and got RAVE reviews on the Western BBQ buffet (the ribs were amazing and fell off the bone). For our wedding, we did passed hors devours (bacon wrapped scallops, philly cheesesteak egg rolls, mini potato pancakes, lobster on brioche, and watermelon feta and mint) and could have filled up on those alone... they were delicious! Our entrees were also fantastic and we got compliments from our guests on each of them (braised short ribs, butternut squash ravioli, and Chilean sea bass). Vinwood exceeded our expectations and we very much enjoyed working with them!

Sent on 09/28/2019

Meg Ciampi · Married on 08/24/2019

Great Experience

Vinwood was an absolute pleasure to work with. My husband and I just had our wedding at the Hellenic Center and are thrilled to have chosen Vinwood. The chef ensured we were taken care of throughout the evening as well as Bridget; who stayed the entire event to ensure things went smoothly. Our guests have not stopped complimenting how delicious the food was. Bridget, specifically, was patient and incredibly helpful throughout the entire planning process. Vinwood has been in the business a long time; making it easy for a bride to trust they know exactly how to make events memorable and delicious. I highly recommend them!!

Sent on 08/26/2019
  • Kevin

Kevin Sweeney · Married on 08/24/2019

Wedding Reception

Vinwood catered my daughter's wedding at Smith Barn in Peabody last Saturday and we couldn't have been more pleased with their service, their professionalism, their attention to detail (e.g. asking each guest to confirm their meal choice before serving), and, most of all, the quality of the food, including the appetizers and the main meal. We had a guest count of 150 and without exception I received upwards of 100 of them tell me how great the appetizers and meal were, especially the fact that both were served very warm, as if made in your kitchen for a small family party. Most of my large gathering experiences usually have the food served, at most, lukewarm. We were especially pleased with the service that Vinwood's on-site coordinator Barbara provided. Barbara and the entire staff were phenomenal, and again, I received numerous exceptional comments from our guests. Barbara provided me the opportunity to speak to the Head Chef and his staff at the end of the evening. While thanking and congratulating Willie for the superb job his team had done for such an important occasion for my family, it was clear how proud Willie was to make sure everything was perfect, telling me how much he loved cooking and how much he loved providing a delicious meal for large numbers of guests. I told Willie that his love of cooking was obvious by how many compliments I received from our guests. I wholeheartedly recommend hiring Vinwood for any important catering event you may have!

Sent on 08/26/2019
  • Amanda

Amanda · Married on 08/16/2019

Delicious full service meals!

Gary and his whole staff at Vinwood Catering made our wedding planning experience SO EASY! they have very clear menu options, and they've made everything full service, that means you don't need to worry about plates, tablecloths, silverware, cutting the cake...nothing! it's all included and taken care of! the food is absolutely delicious and there are SO many options, we guarentee you'll find something you love, and it's very reasonably priced in terms of northshore boston weddings, espeically for being so full service. The staff is so professional, and amazing at their jobs! Everything is planned in a way where if you're doing a seated meal like we did, it only takes 10 minutes for every person at every table to get their meal! seriously, you cannot go wrong with vinwood! THANK YOU GARY!!!

Sent on 10/01/2019
  • Marissa

Marissa Binnall · Married on 08/10/2019

Amazing service, phenomenal food!

Vinwood catered our wedding at Misselwood. It was the best decision! They include everything in one cost per person based on the which was helpful. I was so excited we got to pick so many appetizers, and they serve them until people don't want them anymore- they don't limit to an amount based on guest list. The appetizer choices were extensive and the 8 we chose blew everyone away. Everyone also complimented Vinwood in terms of getting platted dinners to all 132 guests in a matter of minutes, and that the food was phenomenal. Vinwood includes nice touches such as chocolate dipped fruit dessert, coffee and tea, and complimentary seasonal beverages pre-ceremony for guests such as fancy lemonade or iced teas. Hands down an amazing experience- Gary was so great to work with and made sure everything ran on time day of. I can't recommend them enough!

Sent on 09/19/2019
  • Kimberly

Kimberly · Married on 08/03/2019

Food was bomb

From the first time I talked with Gary up until our final appointment I knew that my guests were in good hands when I picked my menu choices. The whole night was filled with talk about just how delicious the food was!!! I am amazed with how beautiful each table was set up! Thank you for all your hard work to make my night amazing and my guest filled with yummy food :)

Sent on 08/04/2019
  • Alison

Alison Faulhaber · Married on 08/03/2019

Professional and personal

Vinwood catering is AMAZING! Our coordinators, Gary and Barbara, are professional, personal, experienced and pay attention to every detail from start to finish. During the process of interviewing caterers, Vinwood immediately stood out as heads above the rest. Our first meeting with Gary was relaxed as we discussed options and he provided us with many words of advice as well as ideas! We never felt like he was trying to hit us with a sales pitch unlike other vendors we had spoken with.
    Based upon our interactions with Gary and the array of menu options, we decided to book a tasting and that sealed the deal! The food was amazing!
    Our next meeting included Barbara, who would be the event manager the day of the wedding. She was energetic, supportive and helped guide our decision making when it came to the menu and was never once overbearing.
    The day of the wedding was a dream come true! Barbara and the staff ran everything to perfection all the while relaxed and efficient. The staff was very attentive to our guests, even going so far as to remember their names. The appetizers were served hot, the salads crisp, and the meals quickly.
    EVERY guest at the wedding said the food was delicious and not "generic wedding food" to quote one person.
    Make the right choice and choose Vinwood!

Sent on 08/06/2019

Jade · Married on 07/26/2019

Amazing wedding caterer

My husband and I got married at Smith Barn in Peabody. Barbara and Gary went above and beyond to make our day perfect. Not only with the food but to make sure our day was organized and filled with fun. Our wedding was such a stress free day and a dream come true. I would highly recommend Vinwood Catering for any event.

Sent on 08/03/2019
  • Jennifer

Jennifer Gelineau · Married on 07/26/2019

A++ Service and Food.

Gary, Barbara and her team were exceptional the day of the wedding. A couple of months before something had unexpectly happened to our other caterer that we were going with and we got in touch with Gary right after to see if he had anything open for the day of our wedding.After when we met with Gary everything fell right into place. We were so fortunate that he got us in and really helped us with every detail of our wedding. He knows exactly what to do what things work and don't work in weddings as well as what is the best set up. He is so easy to talk to and knowledgeable.
    Our guest are still talking about the incredible food and service that they received at our wedding. Our wedding was just shy of 240 people and I have never seen a more timely fashion of getting the food to our guest and keeping the line moving. They made sure myself and the groom ate too which I have always heard that the bride and groom never eat at the wedding. They also made sure we were taking care of throughout the night. At the end everything was all boxed up for us and cleaned up and we didn't have to thing about anything all night. A+ service and food. I would highly recommend their services to all.

Sent on 08/12/2019
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 07/26/2019

High quality food & great value

Vinwood was the exclusive caterer for Groveland Fairways and we had the pleasure to work with Stephanie. We were able to attend a tasting months before our big day and try some of the offerings they had and see the presentation and service firsthand. Overall we had a great impression and couldn’t wait to design our wedding menu. We chose a simple stationary hor'dourve table of cheese, crackers + fruits and the layout and presentation was impeccable. We also chose a plated meal entree and the list of options to choose from were extensive! From the salad, protein, starch and vegetables - the choices were overwhelming! We were glad to have Stephanie there to guide us with the popular favorites and we curated favorable meal entree selections. Coffee and tea service as well as a small dessert option (on top of our wedding cake!) were also included in our package and it was money well spent. Everyone was very much well-fed!

Sent on 09/05/2019

Lauren & Greg · Married on 07/18/2019

The food was to die for and the service was amazing

Ashley was the best! She helped us create a custom menu for our wedding and it was very well received by all of our guests, from age 3 to 93!

Sent on 01/13/2020

Briana Kissell · Married on 06/29/2019

Amazing wedding caterer!

We had our wedding on 6/29/19 at Groveland Fairways and Vinwood was amazing! The apps, salad, main course, sides, and late night sliders were all delicious!! All of the Vinwood staff was wonderful and friendly. For planning we worked with Stephanie who was sweet and very helpful and knowledgeable!

Sent on 08/03/2019

Shelly Lane · Married on 06/21/2019

Delicious and so much more

My daughter’s wedding was at The Smith Barn at Brooksby Farm and we used Vinwood as our caterer. The food was amazing, so delicious. We met with Gary and Barbara, wedding coordinator. Gary and Barbara had so many great tips to share with us to make sure the wedding day went smoothly. They setup a time line for everything that would take place during the wedding which helped so much with the planning. Barbara was with us during the wedding and was so helpful. We didn’t have to worry about a thing. We had great food choices and loved the passed hors d’oeuvres. We have had so many compliments on the food . Thank you to Gary, Barbara and the Vinwood staff who helped make the wedding day so special.

Sent on 06/24/2019

Lauren · Married on 06/15/2019

10/10 - Incredible Experience

Stephanie and Ashley did an amazing job with my wedding a few weeks ago. The service was IMPECCABLE - I received a ton of compliments after the wedding on the professionalism of the whole team. The food was delicious and the coordination seamless - overall would highly recommend and would use them again in a heartbeat.

Sent on 08/21/2019
  • Brianna

Brianna · Married on 06/08/2019

Choose Vinwood!

We couldn’t have been happier working with Vinwood as our caterer for our wedding! We primarily worked with Gary throughout the planning process, and he was such a joy to work with. He spends time getting to know his clients and shared so many helpful tips to ensure the day ran smoothly. Our guests raved about the food! Thank you to the entire Vinwood team for helping make our wedding day so special!

Sent on 06/15/2019