Vinwood Caterers Reviews

Vinwood Caterers 6
Vinwood Caterers 7

Meg Ciampi · Married on 08/24/2019

Great Experience

Vinwood was an absolute pleasure to work with. My husband and I just had our wedding at the Hellenic Center and are thrilled to have chosen Vinwood. The chef ensured we were taken care of throughout the evening as well as Bridget; who stayed the entire event to ensure things went smoothly. Our guests have not stopped complimenting how delicious the food was. Bridget, specifically, was patient and incredibly helpful throughout the entire planning process. Vinwood has been in the business a long time; making it easy for a bride to trust they know exactly how to make events memorable and delicious. I highly recommend them!!

Sent on 08/26/2019
  • Kevin

Kevin Sweeney · Married on 08/24/2019

Wedding Reception

Vinwood catered my daughter's wedding at Smith Barn in Peabody last Saturday and we couldn't have been more pleased with their service, their professionalism, their attention to detail (e.g. asking each guest to confirm their meal choice before serving), and, most of all, the quality of the food, including the appetizers and the main meal. We had a guest count of 150 and without exception I received upwards of 100 of them tell me how great the appetizers and meal were, especially the fact that both were served very warm, as if made in your kitchen for a small family party. Most of my large gathering experiences usually have the food served, at most, lukewarm. We were especially pleased with the service that Vinwood's on-site coordinator Barbara provided. Barbara and the entire staff were phenomenal, and again, I received numerous exceptional comments from our guests. Barbara provided me the opportunity to speak to the Head Chef and his staff at the end of the evening. While thanking and congratulating Willie for the superb job his team had done for such an important occasion for my family, it was clear how proud Willie was to make sure everything was perfect, telling me how much he loved cooking and how much he loved providing a delicious meal for large numbers of guests. I told Willie that his love of cooking was obvious by how many compliments I received from our guests. I wholeheartedly recommend hiring Vinwood for any important catering event you may have!

Sent on 08/26/2019
  • Kimberly

Kimberly · Married on 08/03/2019

Food was bomb

From the first time I talked with Gary up until our final appointment I knew that my guests were in good hands when I picked my menu choices. The whole night was filled with talk about just how delicious the food was!!! I am amazed with how beautiful each table was set up! Thank you for all your hard work to make my night amazing and my guest filled with yummy food :)

Sent on 08/04/2019
  • Alison

Alison Faulhaber · Married on 08/03/2019

Professional and personal

Vinwood catering is AMAZING! Our coordinators, Gary and Barbara, are professional, personal, experienced and pay attention to every detail from start to finish. During the process of interviewing caterers, Vinwood immediately stood out as heads above the rest. Our first meeting with Gary was relaxed as we discussed options and he provided us with many words of advice as well as ideas! We never felt like he was trying to hit us with a sales pitch unlike other vendors we had spoken with.
    Based upon our interactions with Gary and the array of menu options, we decided to book a tasting and that sealed the deal! The food was amazing!
    Our next meeting included Barbara, who would be the event manager the day of the wedding. She was energetic, supportive and helped guide our decision making when it came to the menu and was never once overbearing.
    The day of the wedding was a dream come true! Barbara and the staff ran everything to perfection all the while relaxed and efficient. The staff was very attentive to our guests, even going so far as to remember their names. The appetizers were served hot, the salads crisp, and the meals quickly.
    EVERY guest at the wedding said the food was delicious and not "generic wedding food" to quote one person.
    Make the right choice and choose Vinwood!

Sent on 08/06/2019

Jade · Married on 07/26/2019

Amazing wedding caterer

My husband and I got married at Smith Barn in Peabody. Barbara and Gary went above and beyond to make our day perfect. Not only with the food but to make sure our day was organized and filled with fun. Our wedding was such a stress free day and a dream come true. I would highly recommend Vinwood Catering for any event.

Sent on 08/03/2019
  • Jennifer

Jennifer Gelineau · Married on 07/26/2019

A++ Service and Food.

Gary, Barbara and her team were exceptional the day of the wedding. A couple of months before something had unexpectly happened to our other caterer that we were going with and we got in touch with Gary right after to see if he had anything open for the day of our wedding.After when we met with Gary everything fell right into place. We were so fortunate that he got us in and really helped us with every detail of our wedding. He knows exactly what to do what things work and don't work in weddings as well as what is the best set up. He is so easy to talk to and knowledgeable.
    Our guest are still talking about the incredible food and service that they received at our wedding. Our wedding was just shy of 240 people and I have never seen a more timely fashion of getting the food to our guest and keeping the line moving. They made sure myself and the groom ate too which I have always heard that the bride and groom never eat at the wedding. They also made sure we were taking care of throughout the night. At the end everything was all boxed up for us and cleaned up and we didn't have to thing about anything all night. A+ service and food. I would highly recommend their services to all.

Sent on 08/12/2019
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 07/26/2019

High quality food & great value

Vinwood was the exclusive caterer for Groveland Fairways and we had the pleasure to work with Stephanie. We were able to attend a tasting months before our big day and try some of the offerings they had and see the presentation and service firsthand. Overall we had a great impression and couldn’t wait to design our wedding menu. We chose a simple stationary hor'dourve table of cheese, crackers + fruits and the layout and presentation was impeccable. We also chose a plated meal entree and the list of options to choose from were extensive! From the salad, protein, starch and vegetables - the choices were overwhelming! We were glad to have Stephanie there to guide us with the popular favorites and we curated favorable meal entree selections. Coffee and tea service as well as a small dessert option (on top of our wedding cake!) were also included in our package and it was money well spent. Everyone was very much well-fed!

Sent on 09/05/2019

Briana Kissell · Married on 06/29/2019

Amazing wedding caterer!

We had our wedding on 6/29/19 at Groveland Fairways and Vinwood was amazing! The apps, salad, main course, sides, and late night sliders were all delicious!! All of the Vinwood staff was wonderful and friendly. For planning we worked with Stephanie who was sweet and very helpful and knowledgeable!

Sent on 08/03/2019

Shelly Lane · Married on 06/21/2019

Delicious and so much more

My daughter’s wedding was at The Smith Barn at Brooksby Farm and we used Vinwood as our caterer. The food was amazing, so delicious. We met with Gary and Barbara, wedding coordinator. Gary and Barbara had so many great tips to share with us to make sure the wedding day went smoothly. They setup a time line for everything that would take place during the wedding which helped so much with the planning. Barbara was with us during the wedding and was so helpful. We didn’t have to worry about a thing. We had great food choices and loved the passed hors d’oeuvres. We have had so many compliments on the food . Thank you to Gary, Barbara and the Vinwood staff who helped make the wedding day so special.

Sent on 06/24/2019

Lauren · Married on 06/15/2019

10/10 - Incredible Experience

Stephanie and Ashley did an amazing job with my wedding a few weeks ago. The service was IMPECCABLE - I received a ton of compliments after the wedding on the professionalism of the whole team. The food was delicious and the coordination seamless - overall would highly recommend and would use them again in a heartbeat.

Sent on 08/21/2019
  • Brianna

Brianna · Married on 06/08/2019

Choose Vinwood!

We couldn’t have been happier working with Vinwood as our caterer for our wedding! We primarily worked with Gary throughout the planning process, and he was such a joy to work with. He spends time getting to know his clients and shared so many helpful tips to ensure the day ran smoothly. Our guests raved about the food! Thank you to the entire Vinwood team for helping make our wedding day so special!

Sent on 06/15/2019

Kimberly Darisse · Married on 05/18/2019

Stephanie was amazing!!

Choosing Vinwood Caterers for our wedding day was an excellent decision. They were very responsive to my emails and many questions. The day of our wedding, they set the pace for the entire day. Everything happened on time, and exactly how we wanted. The food was absolutely delicious, and service was great! The best part about choosing this caterer though, I have to say is Stephanie. She was our day of coordinator and she made our wedding day possible. Anything we needed, she provided. We didn't have to ask for a thing, as it seemed she was reading our minds! During the ceremony, she guided the bridal party, instructed everyone on exactly what to do. She helped my maid of honor bustle my dress (as it was extremely complicated). I had brought a pair of comfy shoes to change into during the reception and couldn't remember where I put them. She found them for me and delivered them to me, what a life saver! I could go on and on about how amazing she, and Vinwoods was, but I'll leave it at this : My wedding day wouldn't have gone so smoothly if it wasn't for them.

Sent on 07/03/2019

Nicole · Married on 05/11/2019

Amazing!!!

Gary and Barbara absolutely saved our wedding! We had our wedding at Hammond Castle, and they knew the ins and outs of everything. They were knowledgeable about detailed things we hadn't even thought of, and were enthusiastic about sharing what they knew with us. On the day of, they were on top of not just the catering, but helping us with coordinating/supporting wherever they could. They were an absolute pleasure to work with, and we couldn't recommend them more!

Sent on 07/07/2019
  • Y

Yvanka de Soysa · Married on 01/05/2019

I had a fantastic wedding thanks to Vinwood Caterers

We can't stop thinking about our amazing wedding day. This was due in no small part to the wonderful Vinwood Caterers staff. The food was delicious; I especially loved the spinach salad and the salmon. The passed hors d'oeuvres were exquisite and the food stations were beautifully set up; many of our weddings guests commented on how yummy the food was. Notably, Kristin Smith, our dining staff director, was amazing! She made sure that we had a chance to eat as well as have enough time to have meaningful interactions with every one of our guests. I was so impressed by how she kept us on schedule during the night's events - we didn't have to worry about a thing! Thank you so much, Kristin and Vinwood for an amazing night!

Sent on 01/24/2019

Cassie Costa · Married on 12/08/2018

Incredible food and service

Vinwood caterers were an incredible choice for my wedding catering. The food was incredible, service was spot on, and I am pretty sure they employ the most talented dining room manager in the business, Kristin Smith. Everything from accommodating some serious food allergy requirements, to finding a vendor to make an ice bowl custom made for a shrimp cocktail station (at the demand of the high expectations of an italian dad - insert crying laughing emoji here), to creating the cutest hot cocoa station and passed apple cider with cinnamon sticks for our dream winter wedding. The food was delicious and everyone is still raving about the filet. Kristin runs a tight ship; she was there to walk us through every step of the way (from cutting cake to saying hellos), and always made sure my husband and I had everything we needed. She was so kind and attentive. I can't thank Vinwood enough for a smoothly run Turner Hill wedding.

My step mom is gluten free and they were overly accommodating and thoughtful about providing her with options she could eat. Every single food station looked incredible. Only feedback I could give is that the tastings need to have more variety of food to try. At the tasting we went to, we didn't get to try a lot of the things on the menu. I feel like it was a big decision and a lot of faith we had to put in them to trust that we were making the right choices on the entrees. Also, a good chunk of my guests had no idea there was dessert/coffee/tea in another room at the reception; it would have been helpful for the servers to let the people at the tables and bars know about that so they could also enjoy- womp. Besides that, everything else was flawless.

Sent on 01/26/2019

Ellen · Married on 11/03/2018

The Absolute BEST

I don't know where to begin with Vinwood. They seriously made our wedding picture perfect. HUGE shout out to our coordinator, Stephanie - if you have the option to work with her, DO IT. Stephanie was beyond amazing. She was so organized, thoughtful, calming, answered every single one of my crazy questions with grace and made us feel comfortable and excited for the big day. On top of that, their food is DELICIOUS. All of our guests complimented the food from apps to dessert. We also had Vinwood serve our alcohol and I couldn't be happier making that choice. The staff was extremely tentative and worked really hard. If you're going to splurge anywhere in your budget, it should be the food (in my opinion). Your guests will remember the food, and with Vinwood it will only be great memories. THANK YOU!
    - Ellen and Brendon Douglas

Sent on 12/14/2018

Laurie · Married on 09/30/2018

Had our first appointment with Ashley and I know already she is going to be great to work with. She knows the venue we are having our wedding at inside and out so it was easy explaining things to her about what we are looking for. I have experienced Vinwood at someone else's party in the past and they where excellent.

Sent on 04/24/2017

Nicholas · Married on 09/30/2018

My son and daughter in law just had their wedding at the Carriage House at Lynch Park Beverly with Vinwood. From the start Jessica from Vinwood was the most responsive of any caterer we contacted. She was very professional and easy to work with. As the wedding date approached we also worked with Gary who was great to work with and was a wonderful day of the wedding manager. He took the worry out of anything before it became a concern. They were both awesome to work with.

The entire staff at the wedding were great. The chefs, waiters and waitresses as well as the bus boys and clean up crew to the bartenders were all professional, friendly and extremely helpful.

The food, what can I say about the food...The kids wanted a bbq and Vinwood offers various buffet themed events. We went with the Western BBQ which included salad, bread, steak tips, ribs, sausage, chicken, corn and potato salad. All were excellent and our guests were raving about the food. There was something for everyone which was great. Prices for the buffet were very reasonable and lower than some that we looked into.

All in all we expected great food with professional service and Vinwood delivered. We are very glad we went with them, they made the wedding very special.

Sent on 10/03/2018

SUSAN · Married on 09/29/2018

I had the pleasure of using Vinwood for my daughters bridal shower this weekend the food was amazing the entire experience was perfection,All of the waitstaff were extremely friendly and couldn't possibly have been any nicer it was like being with family. I would never use anyone else for an event.Cant thank you enough for taking such good care of me and my family you are simply the best

Sent on 04/23/2018
  • MarryMeALittle

FJ · Married on 09/29/2018

Our guests keep telling us how much they liked the food at our wedding, and I am so glad!
    As a vegetarian I felt the options presented to use were beyond what I expected when we met for a tasting, and they accommodated all of the allergies and gluten free and dairy free we had to adhere to for guests. They also made sure we got to eat during cocktail hour AND dinner, which I so often hear from my married friends was a struggle for them. We had more than enough! The price per person for the amount of food was very fair and better than other vendors we reviewed out, and they made the bar situation as easy and affordable as possible.

Sent on 10/01/2018

cathy · Married on 09/29/2018

Gary and his staff at vinwood caterers just catered the most delicious food, setup , and service for our daughter Renee and son in law Timothy at misselwood.It was beyond perfect, I cannot say enough great things about them. Everyone at the wedding complimented the food as being delicious and not traditional wedding food. The cocktail hour had enough food to make you feel full even before the main course. Then came the ice cream bar fresh fruits dipped in choc and the wedding cake! I have been getting nothing but compliments and saying her wedding was over the top , thanks to these great caterers! Oh yes, by the way Gary was there that night to make sure all was ok. I would definitely recommend them.
    you made us all very happy! Thank you from the bottom of our hearts
    The Winkler family

Sent on 10/10/2018

Kayla · Married on 09/29/2018

Vinwood Caterers were absolutely amazing! The food was perfect and we actually got to eat on our wedding day! Barbara and her staff took such great care of my husband and I the day of our wedding. They made sure we had something to eat during cocktail hour and that we were able to eat our meal during dinner. The tomato soup shooters were a guest favorite!!

Sent on 10/14/2018

Shannon Merenda · Married on 09/29/2018

Delicious food

We had Vinwood Caterers for our wedding and it was absolutely delicious! Our guests are still talking about how great the food and service was. Highly recommend!

Sent on 11/11/2018

Tamara · Married on 09/28/2018

Vinwood is by far the best caterering company around! I would recommend them to anyone! The food is incredible and prices are totally reasonable! We selected the Filet Mignon and Chicken Marsala. The filet was honestly the best we have ever had and all of our guests are still raving about how good all the food was!

It was to our surprise that Kristin from Vinwood would be taking care of my husband and I all night! She introduced herself to us when we arrived and laid out the entire plan for the night to make sure we were on time to optimize our party time and dancing with our guests! She went above and beyond for us all night! It began with me forgetting my bouquet as I was about to walk down the aisle. Kristin quickly ran back inside and had my bouquet to me in time before even all my bridesmaids had walked down the aisle! She made sure during cocktail hour we had our own apps and drinks while taking pictures and one of the other staff from Vinwood even made us our own plate and put it in the bridal suite so we wouldn’t miss out of trying everything! All night we had drinks handed to us, we never had to ask for anything! Kristin kept us on track in the tent while we greeted all our guests and even showed us how to cut the cake! They also don’t charge a cake cutting fee which is amazing!

We had a family emergency during the wedding and Kristin called for EMS and quickly got the help that was needed! Happy to say our family member is doing well and if it weren’t for all the staff from Vinwood it could have been a very different outcome! Kristin and the Vinwood staff were unbelievable and we cannot say enough great things about them! They made the night seamless from start to finish!

Sent on 10/02/2018