Villa Chanticleer Reviews

19 | Healdsburg, CA

19 Reviews for Villa Chanticleer

19 Villa Chanticleer Reviews

Gia H. · Married on 11/11/2018

Fantastic venue and staff!

I coordinated a wedding at Villa Chanticleer and it is a fabulous location with excellent staff. Jennifer and Leilani answered all of my questions throughout the planning process and were there every step of the way on the wedding day. The location is beautiful and the venue has a very natural flow. I would highly recommend the venue and hope to coordinate another event there in the future.

Melinda · Married on 05/19/2018

From beginning to end this was the best experience. Leilani and Jennifer were both so attentive and so easy to work with They are wonderful. We had our ceremony in the Villa garden and it turned out to be amazing. I could not have asked for a better place to have our special day. Absolutely amazing location and wonderful people. All of guest had such a good time and commented on how beautiful this one amazing place is.

Sent on 06/19/2018
    Villa Chanticleer 1

Villa Chanticleer's reply:

Thank you, Melinda! You were STUNNING on your special day and we were so happy to host your wedding.

Cammie · Married on 04/21/2018

I loved my experience with Villa Chanticleer! Their staff is very responsive and dedicated to a successful event, which gives so much peace of mind knowing that they are committed to doing whatever is needed to ensure a successful and memorable wedding day. It’s a beautiful year-round venue and one where you feel like you are getting a lot of value for your investment. Love that it has a lot of character, but also has the versatility to easily be transformed. You won't be disappointed putting your wedding in their hands!

Arianna · Married on 02/17/2018

I had both my wedding ceremony and reception at Villa Chanticleer. It was the first place my husband and I looked at and we fell in love with it. We looked at other places and kept an open mind, but nothing could compete with the price and setting of the Villa Chanticleer. Leilani was absolutely amazing. She definitely went above and beyond and we appreciate her so much for all of her help! We had our ceremony in the garden and it was beautiful! We had our dinner on one side of the Villa and the dancing on the other side and it worked out great. There is also a hollow tree that makes for a great background for pictures. The staff are very flexible with a lot of things and on such a short notice. My husband and I planned our wedding in a month and two weeks and the Villa Chanticleer made our dream wedding come true. Thank you all again so much!

Villa Chanticleer 2
    Villa Chanticleer 3
    Villa Chanticleer 4
    Villa Chanticleer 5

Cheri · Married on 06/17/2017

We rented the Healdsburg Clubhouse for my son and fiancé's wedding rehearsal dinner and Leilani Martin who also manages The Villa was wonderful and attentive to all our needs. The venue is quite affordable and a special place to relax and enjoy your special occasion. Thanks, Leilani and company for all your help!

Alexa · Married on 10/09/2016

I absolutely loved this venue. It had that rustic charm that we were looking for! I loved all the charming accents to the place.

• Haley

Haley · Married on 06/25/2016

What a beautiful venue!!! There was so much that I loved about Villa Chanticleer. We got married there in June and the ceremony site was so lush and green. What I loved most about this venue is how large it was. Between the outdoor areas, the dining room, the bar, and the ballroom, our guests had plenty of space to spread out. I also loved how we were able to have our entire event, outdoor ceremony and indoor reception, onsite, so we didn't have to worry about our guests traveling from one place to the next. You forget that the property is in the middle of a neighborhood, it is so well secluded and shaded by big oak and redwood trees. This venue was perfectly suited for what we were looking for. Many other venues we looked at in this area required events to be finished by 9-9:30 pm, whereas Villa Chanticleer lets you party it up until after midnight! We had an absolute blast and received many comments through the evening about how much our guests loved the venue and how beautiful they thought it was!

• Kelly

Kelly · Married on 06/09/2016

Becca and Villa Chanticleer are great! Becca is there to answer all of your questions, no matter how silly you think that they may be. And the Venue is gorgeous. Becca does a great job! Throughout the entire year and a half long process Becca was there for any questions and responded within 24 hours if not less. The day of the wedding she was fantastic, checking everything out and making sure that everything was great. After we were officially married, Becca met us at the gate of the garden with Champagne from the bar and it was exactly what we needed. So perfect! The venue is such a great deal and was the perfect price range for me in the realm of venue, alcohol and more. Perfect location in Healdsburg, it was far enough away from the main drag of the middle of town that it was not loud but close enough that you could get to the center of town within 5 min or less. Would totally recommend.

Hettie · Married on 11/14/2015

The Villa Chanticleer is a wonderful and affordable place to have your wedding. I was on a budget and I was able to get everything I wanted from this venue. Its very naturally beautiful up there, so I didn't have to do much decorating, which saved a lot of money. Its easy to get to and easy for guests of all ages. Its nicely paved and has easy access to the building, Beautiful places to take pictures on the grounds as well. Becca Hughes is the coordinator up there and she is amazing and does a great job helping you plan. She was available and there to answer my questions. She makes good suggestions and lets you know what will work and will not. They let you bring in your own caterer and other vendors. I would recommend this place to anyone else getting married!!

Kristen · Married on 10/10/2015

I had both my ceremony and reception at Villa Chanticleer, and cannot say enough great things about it! First, it is gorgeous. The garden was gorgeous and needed very little decor because of the natural beauty, and the reception venue was just as great - spacious and elegant. The staff was great to work with as well. We had an incredibly positive experience, and are still riding our wedding high because it was all so great!

Lucine · Married on 08/27/2015

The Villa Chanticleer is an amazing wedding venue to get married at. I choose the Villa Chanticleer to gt married because it was local and affordable. I absolutely loved working with Becca she was so kind and accomodating. She was on top of everything and was a pleasure to work with.
    She took care of me and was tentative to all of my needs. I really appreciated working with her and if you are looking for an amazing venue to get married at this would be it.

Chris · Married on 06/18/2015

Villa Chanticleer was a hidden gem in wine country wedding sites. After searching around we found several sites which were topping our budget but once we found and toured the Villa we knew we found our wedding and reception site. The price was well below what we expected and the grounds and hall were beautful (and almost too large for our smallish wedding of about 50 people). Becca was amazing and able to work with us and our various vendors along the planning process. There was a minor mixup on the day of the wedding with delivery of our rental equipment (apperently the rental company sent over our items plus another weddings itmes in the same shipment) but Becca straightened it out and had her staff assist with removing the other parties items.

Patricia · Married on 06/16/2018

All of the staff at the Villa were more than helpful during the entire planning process and even stayed the entire day of the wedding to make sure everything went smoothly. Leilani took care of all of mine and my moms calls and emails without fail. The grounds were so beautiful and we are still getting compliments about the wedding everyday. I highly recommend this venue for anyone getting married in the area.

Becca was great. I had tons of questions and she got me timely answers to everything. Having our ceremony and cocktail hour at Villa Chanticleer was the perfect way to kick off the celebrations. Our guests loved the venue!

• O

Jessica · Married on 05/25/2010

The Villa is owned by the City of Healdsburg, and I dealt with Rachel in their office. Rachel was fantastic to work with; all of my inquiries received a timely response and she was very professional, flexible and acommodating. We had reserved both the Villa itself for our Reception, and the Garden area for our Ceremony. Our rain back-up plan was to hold the Ceremony inside the Villa, and it did, indeed, rain on our wedding day. We switched the set up to the Villa and are receiving a complete refund on the Garden area, even though we technically cancelled on the day of!

The only problem that I ran into is that Rachel only works 11-3, Monday through Friday, which is no fault of her own. Any emails or phone calls that I put through to her during her non-business hours were returned the next time she was in the office.

Fantastic!

Jessica · Married on 04/09/2016

The space is truly one-of-a-kind and a local "institution" in Healdsburg! It's perfect for events, and has glorious grounds!

Ellen · Married on 08/01/2015

3.5

Love the Villa! Had such a good experience here. One of the only places you can fit 200 people in Sonoma County!

• Kat

Kat · Married on 09/26/2008

3.4
      3.0
      3.5
      3.0

The Villa is such a beautiful place to get married! The wedding garden is really peaceful tucked into a grove of redwood trees and has so many plants and flowers that it almost decorates itself.

Since the site is through the city there are a lot of strict rules that were a little frustrating but it was worth it because we really liked the site and the cost wasn't out of our budget. Elizabeth was really nice and helpful and made it a little easier as we went through the process.

The bar HAS to be through the American Legion so we weren't able to buy our own alcohol and have the bartender we wanted to serve also American Legion was pricey but it seems that every event site had one area that would cost more even if everything else seemed cost effective.