Victoria's Wedding & Reception Hall Reviews

18 | Somerset, OH

18 Reviews for Victoria's Wedding & Reception Hall

Joy Fisher 路 Getting married on 10/17/2020

Highly Reccomended

Dave is very helpful and knowledgeable with a beautiful venue an amazing price

Sent on 12/09/2019

Joy Fisher 路 Getting married on 08/29/2020

Excited to have my wedding here

I know I already have one review on here, but I should have said a few more things regarding this venue. Other than the affordable cost, the cabins and the venue are so beautiful. Dave is also very helpful and has made my wedding planning so much easier.

Sent on 12/10/2019

Victoria's Wedding & Reception Hall's reply:

Thank you, Joy! We are looking forward to helping you make your special day as stress free as possible and memorable.

Dave and Victoria 馃挒
  • Sierra

Sierra 路 Getting married on 06/13/2020

Reception hall was a great size and we are looking forward to having our special day there! Great price and it will be great having the cabins to stay in after the Reception! Very pleased they are going to order the linens to match my color scheme!

Sent on 09/08/2018
  • Danielle

Danielle Spires 路 Getting married on 06/06/2020

Save the Date

Dave was awesome showing us the site. We are so excited to have our wedding there. It is beautiful onsite, and the price is phenomenal.

Sent on 07/08/2019
  • Courtney

Courtney Peterson 路 Getting married on 04/18/2020

Not married yet but will be 4鈥18鈥2020

Dave and Victoria are very nice and generous. They accepted us last minute and have worked with us on everything. They are flexible with everything. Also gave us some very decently priced referrals on our vendors. I'm am so very excited to be celebrating our wedding at such a beautiful place with some amazing people. I cant wait!!

Sent on 03/06/2020

Honesty Jansen 路 Married on 10/19/2019

Great experience

Dave was so easy to work with while showing us the location. It was an easy decision to hire them.

Sent on 01/02/2019

Victoria's Wedding & Reception Hall's reply:

Thank you, Honesty. We are looking forward to working with you. Dave said you were a joy. Can鈥檛 wait to meet you.

• Cortney

Cortney 路 Married on 07/27/2019

Such a Beautiful venue!

This place is amazing! Dave is so kind. The lane is back off the road and secluded which makes things very nice. They have a beautiful gazebo over looking the pond for the ceremony part that I just fell in love with! Walking inside the building i was shocked at how big the room was, plenty of room to hold the reception, he gave us so many options with the dj, and a bartender, the food, the colors schemes for the tables, its just amazing. I cant express how excited I am to be having my wedding here. The prices are great and I am so happy to be working with him and his wife. I know they will make my wedding day wonderful and stress free experience!

Sent on 01/24/2019

Victoria's Wedding & Reception Hall's reply:

Thank you, Cortney. Dave and I were just sitting here talking about your wedding. Dave is excited about the uniqueness of your wedding and reception. I鈥檓 looking forward to meeting you.

Karen Young 路 Married on 07/13/2019

Beautiful Hall and Setting

Looking forward to celebrating my parents 60th Anniversary at this beautiful banquet hall. Lovely country setting. Lots of options available to consider to make your day or event special.

Sent on 12/17/2018

Victoria's Wedding & Reception Hall's reply:

Thank you, Karen. It's truly an honor to help you celebrate such a glorious milestone in your parents' life together.

Mike 路 Married on 12/18/2018

90th Birthday Surprise event

We just found this gem located in the village of Somerset, Ohio. We celebrated our mother's 90th birthday here. I was impressed by the facility and the owner's (Dave) support. All our needs were met and the event center and grounds were beautiful.

Sent on 12/18/2018

Victoria's Wedding & Reception Hall's reply:

Thank you, Mike, for your kind words. Dave loved being involved in such a special occasion.

Ashley 路 Married on 06/30/2018

This venue was perfect. Very beautiful inside and out. The owners are absolutely the most generous people ever. They we're willing to work with us on the price to keep it affordable but still have a beautiful wedding. I highly recommend them for your special day or event.

Sent on 02/01/2018

Victoria's Wedding & Reception Hall's reply:

Ashley, it's proving to be a blessing to work with you. Thank you for your generous words.

Kaye 路 Married on 05/26/2018

Simply amazing! Dave and Victoria are offering all one could possibly ask for when planning one of the most important days of their life. I couldn't be happier or more excited to work with them on my big day!!!

Sent on 03/24/2018

Victoria's Wedding & Reception Hall's reply:

We are excited to work with you, also. Thank you for the kind review, Kaye.

Nathan 路 Married on 05/04/2018

Victoria's is located at 3250 US Hwy 22 NW in Somerset, Ohio on 40 secluded, scenic acres. It seats 250 guests conservatively (up to 600) for special and corporate events, conferences, reunions and of course wedding parties. The large and well appointed reception area includes a banquet hall with warming kitchen, bridal dressing room, built in DJ and a bar. There are also a dozen cabins around the property being built for camping or honeymooning, new gazebo over the crystal blue pond with lighted fountain and bench seating for ceremonies, as well as large patio and lawn for tents and stages.

Mr. Marsh has been as hard at work on the property, as he has for his party guests. The interior decorating is custom to the event and really sets Victoria's apart from the competition in it's quality and attention to detail. The exterior lighting and flowers can be ordered to design as well. It is a beautiful, modern place to get everyone together.

Please visit his websites for more information about the property and events and check out all of the hosted seasonal activities as well. Google Victoria's Wedding and Reception Hall for more information or to book a party or call Dave at 740-673-3354 to schedule a visit.

If you are a resident of North Reading Township please vote "Yes" this November 2018 to approve alcohol sales at this location. Victoria's is a fine example of what Somerset's businesses have to offer and is poised to become a major destination for groups who want to get a taste of how good small town hospitality is for private events and parties.

Sent on 05/06/2018

David 路 Married on 12/11/2017

I own a civil infrastructure company specializing in sewer Rehabilitation.
    Our company rented the venue for a lunch and learn for local municipalities and engineers.
    The people who own and operate the facility were extremely gracious and welcoming.
    I would highly recommend and use this venue again

Sent on 12/24/2017

Jonathon 路 Married on 08/05/2017

I attended a wedding at Victoria's and was very impressed with the facility! The staff was courteous, professional and very accommodating! I would definitely recommend Victoria's to anyone looking for a wedding or event hall.

Sent on 01/10/2018

Gary 路 Married on 08/05/2017

Hi my name is Gary Greene , I am a DJ with Star Entertainment (find us on Facebook) for over 20 years I have been providing music for newly weds. Although I use too do a lot of wedding I am selective of the ones I do now, Victoria's is located in my old hometown of Somerset Ohio and I enjoy traveling back there to do weddings. Of all the wedding that I have done in the past I would have to say that Victoria's is one of the best (if not the best) reception halls I ever played in. the Dance floor lighting is the Best that will set your event off big time. Victoria and Dave are two of the greatest host I have ever met and I look forward to a time that I will get to provide the music for another couple in Love. The Hall is beautiful and very cozy.

Sent on 10/24/2017

Thank you, Gary.

bobby 路 Married on 08/05/2017

i went to my friends wedding.It was a beautiful place to have one.The people that ran the place were always accommodating and pleasent.I think i will go back to rent one of thier cabins some day soon.

Sent on 11/17/2017

Thank you, Bobby.

Megan 路 Married on 08/24/2019

1.2
      2.0
      1.0

Poor customer service. Very unprofessional.

Everything was going good with this venue until the Wednesday before my big day.

I was told 4 days before my wedding that my out of town guests ( whom already paid for 2 cabins for 2 nights) were unable to stay in the cabins because they were not finished and ready to be rented.

The venue did say that for our inconvenience they would give us a complimentary night stay in their cabin when they were ready to be rented. I have yet to get a phone call, nor will I be taking them up on their offer.

While decorating the hall, I noticed the head table linens had large stains and wrinkles on them. The venue stated that would fix this and this never happened amongst many other issues.

During the ceremony and pictures the venue continually drove in and out with a truck and 4 wheeler disrupting my ceremony and pictures.

During my wedding the venue chose not to turn on the air conditioner until everyone was inside even after many requests were made. My guests were very uncomfortable due to the heat inside.

We had given the venue our two choices of beers for the reception, the venue decided that they would just use what they had on hand instead of honoring our request.

This venue did not honor many of my requests. This venue was not accommodating. This venue was very unprofessional at times. This venue was not customer friendly. This venue made me feel as if they were inconvenienced by my wedding.

There was no misunderstanding here. Very unprofessional venue.

Sent on 09/11/2019

Victoria's Wedding & Reception Hall's reply:

I鈥檓 so sorry your day seemed so miserable. We are not a bar and do not keep stock of alcohol. Your choices were purchased for your event alone. And we were quite clear about you and your guests bringing in their own alcohol and remaining in the building, not roaming outside with their drinks. We had to police the parking lot the entire event. The AC wasn鈥檛 turned on Friday evening for obvious reasons, but was on Saturday morning. The reason the hall wasn鈥檛 as cool as normal was the doors being opened and closed constantly, so we brought out an industrial fan. Your head table linens were replaced with brand new linens, out of package. We were texted at 7:00 am, the day of the wedding, to remove the chair sashes, and my wife was told, by you, to iron the chair covers. It鈥檚 unfortunate that you were so unhappy with our services and personal attention. Finally, it was your caterer, that you hired, that drove past your wedding site. Again, I apologize you feel that your needs were not met.

Dave
  • Hayley

Hayley 路 Married on 04/25/2009

1.0

We paid extra to have the place Friday at 9am to Saturday 9pm. To decorate and have the rehearsal. Friday Dave comes up and says we have to leave 2:30-3:45 because a camera crew was coming in to take pics of our decorations and the hall. Which we never said or signed anything saying we wanted our day posted publicly. We didn't leave but they still found ways to get pics and post them publicly without permission. The place was a mess Friday, blood in the bathroom, mold in fridge, mud globs everywhere. We took pics because we had a feeling they would try to use something to keep our deposit. They charged us an ungodly amount but he said he was throwing in all this free stuff. Not! It wasn't free! He heard we had 155 people so he was going to charge us an extra $500 more for 5 people. Which we only had 145. They were going to charge $200 more for every hour after 9pm. We had a huge group of people clean up and it was cleaner when we left then when we got there, but they still tried to blame us for the things that were there Friday. They should be there for the bride and groom when really they are there for themselves. I also think Victoria should do the business part she might be better off, dealing with Dave was a huge mess. Please remove our pics from your sites!

Sent on 11/06/2017

Victoria's Wedding & Reception Hall's reply:

Hayley had a beautiful wedding and we were not aware of her displeasure until several days after her wedding day. There are some misunderstandings on contractual issues. We are very disappointed in our failure to please this bride.