VG Donut and Bakery Reviews

VG Donut and Bakery 6
VG Donut and Bakery 7
  • Mary

Mary · Married on 09/14/2019

Been going to VGs since I was ONE years old!

I remember when VGs was just our local bakery. I have used them for over 20 of my birthdays going up. I am SO excited to be using them for our wedding. I have always had the ability to customize my cakes over the years. They are so easy and pleasant to work with. They have been so flexible with me as we are coming from out of the country now (we live aboard). They will be providing our wedding cake and my bridal shower cake!

Sent on 07/02/2019

Emily · Married on 08/10/2019

Our dessert bar was a hit!

The team at VGs was great to work with! We did all of our communication via email and they were friendly and responsive to all of our emails. My husband and I didn’t want a cake for our wedding but loved the idea of having a dessert bar and were pleased with the variety that VGs offered (including their gluten-free options!) We ordered the cake pops, brownie bites, and 3 types of cookies (Snickerdoodle, M&M, and Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip) - all were delicious! Our guests raved about the desserts and we are very happy with our decision to go with VGs for our wedding day!

Sent on 09/01/2019
    VG Donut and Bakery 8
    VG Donut and Bakery 9

Brittany · Married on 06/29/2019

Oreo Naked Cake

We loved the flavor options and the value at VG. The cake was amazing!

Sent on 07/26/2019
  • Melina

Melina · Married on 06/01/2019

Delicious Cake

Janette was amazing! Was was fun and easy to work with. I sent her a couple of photos of what we wanted our wedding cake to look like and their amazing bakers made our vision come true. The cake was delicious! I even got my shower cake from VG's. I have been going to VG's for over 30 years and they have the best everything!

Sent on 07/11/2019
    VG Donut and Bakery 10
    VG Donut and Bakery 11
  • Carrie

Carrie · Married on 05/25/2019

VG's is the best!

VG's is a staple in the community, so would you expect anything less? Janette was awesome to work with and made numerous changes to our quote, without complaint. They are the best price around if you choose to buy cake, and VG's has the best brownie bites I've ever eaten! We received many compliments from wedding guests on our dessert table.

Sent on 07/07/2019
  • DANIELLE

DANIELLE · Married on 05/11/2019

SO Delicious

OMG VG Donut is OUT OF THIS WORLD!!! All my guests raved about the donuts and cake for our wedding. Janette was so helpful through the entire process. We are huge baseball fans and wanted a baseball on the top tier so Janette came up with a great idea on how to get that look without weighing the top tier down which we were so happy about. She collaborated with the bakers to make it happen and it turned out exactly how we imagined. We opted to get the bigger size cake and we are so glad we did because all of our guests went back for second piece of cake and by the end of the night there was only a few slices left. The donuts are phenomenal!! Although we did not do a donut bar we had 3 of our favorite donuts and our guests could not get enough of how delicious and fresh they were. We couldn’t have been more happy with choosing VG.

Sent on 07/12/2019
    VG Donut and Bakery 12
    VG Donut and Bakery 13

MK BU · Married on 05/11/2019

SO delicious.

VG Donuts did a fantastic job with the desserts for our wedding reception this past May 2019. We went with a selection of donuts, cupcake bites and a small-sized cake just for cutting. The process of tasting and selecting our items was easy and the VG Donuts staff was great about answering our questions and helping us figure out the right quantity to get of our selections. And on the day of, the desserts were simply incredible. Their donuts are honestly some of the best I’ve ever tried, and for me at least one of the culinary highlights of our wedding. We would highly recommend VG Donuts for your wedding or catered event!

Sent on 09/28/2019

Anton Knueven · Married on 04/26/2019

Beautiful wedding cake!

I’m got my wedding cake made along with with donuts and everything was amazing! Janette was so helpful and very easy to work with! The cake was beautiful and tasted amazing! Everyone love the donuts! I highly recommend V.G. Donut & Bakery!

Sent on 05/04/2019
    VG Donut and Bakery 14
    VG Donut and Bakery 15
  • Kati

Kati Vervack · Married on 04/12/2019

Dessert Bar of our DREAMS!

The team at VG are so amazing to work with, and their dessert options are the BEST! Our guests loved our dessert bar and the variety of options we had - donut bites, cake pops, eclairs, lemon bars - it was SUCH a hit!

Sent on 04/16/2019
  • Erica

Erica Noelle · Married on 03/23/2019

Wedding desserts 3/23/19

We used VG Donuts for our dessert table at our wedding and for our cake! It was so amazing and very professional. The tasting was fun and we got to take home 2 whole cakes (so fun!) We got donuts, cookies, cupcakes and donut bites from them for our dessert table. Everything was delicious and several people mentioned this! We were able to take leftovers home! Yummy!!! Thank you and would definitely recommend them for any event!

Sent on 06/14/2019
    VG Donut and Bakery 16
  • Shannon

Shannon Campbell · Married on 11/03/2018

Pumpkin Cupcakes and Piped Succulents

As soon as we got engaged, the decision to have cupcakes from VGs as our dessert was an unspoken, mutual decision made by both my fiance and myself (hopefully a good omen for a lifetime of mutual decisions to come). We reached out to Janette at VGs, and within about a week of signing the contract with our venue, we had our cutting cake and cupcakes decided upon too. Janette set up a tasting for us including a small version of our cutting cake and all of their cupcake flavors (except for Pumpkin which is only available seasonally). We loved everything we tasted, so the hardest part about the whole process was deciding on the breakdown of the different flavors that we wanted.

About a month before our wedding, Janette got back in touch with us to finalize our numbers, and set up a tasting of the Pumpkin cupcakes that were now available. Once we tasted our Pumpkin Cupcake, which was THE. BEST. CUPCAKE. either of us had ever tasted, we changed the majority of our cupcake breakdown to them! Janette also worked with me to get an idea of what we wanted on our cutting cake (simple, piped succulents) and helped include some of those designs on a few of our cupcakes, which made our cupcake display look wonderful.

The day of our wedding, everything was delivered on time and in one piece, and nearly all of the cupcakes were devoured by our guests (and we bought extras). VGs was the perfect addition to our wedding day! It is a known and celebrated staple in the Cardiff/Encinitas community, and will definitely be a place we frequent for a Pumpkin Cupcake as we celebrate our anniversaries and family milestones.

Sent on 11/30/2018
  • courtney

courtney · Married on 09/29/2018

Great Dessert Bar!

VG Donut catered our dessert bar and we couldn't have been happier! We had donut bites, cake pops, brownie bites and a selection of cookies and everything was to die for. Our guests raved about the desserts and many took some home with them at the end of the night.

We also got our wedding cake done by VGs and it was exactly what we were looking for. We sent over a pictures of different cakes that we liked and that matched it EXACTLY. We couldn't have asked for a better desset station!

Sent on 10/21/2018
    VG Donut and Bakery 17

Dani · Married on 09/14/2018

VG Donuts catered the donuts for our wedding (9/14/18) and we could not have been happier! From the beginning, VG donuts was AWESOME in helping us plan. They provided plenty of suggestions and answered our 5,000 questions that we had. They delivered the donuts to our wedding venue on time, it was all reasonably priced, and their communication was awesome. Thank you to the VG donut team for helping make our wedding day so special!

Sent on 09/16/2018
  • Leigh

Leigh · Married on 08/02/2018

We hired vg donut to make our two tier naked cake and donuts for a donut bar at our wedding. The cake was absolutely delicious and the donuts tasted amazing. They were very responsive and on top of it the entire time. Thanks VG!

Sent on 08/15/2018
  • Sara

Jen Manuel & PT Staff · Married on 07/28/2018

Donuts equal Love

We got donuts instead of wedding cake for our wedding. Perfect Choice, and VG didn't disappoint. I definitely over ordered, so venue staff got a nice little surprise. haha!! Donuts, Cookies and Cream Puffs...oh so good.

Sent on 10/26/2018
    VG Donut and Bakery 18

Haley · Married on 07/14/2018

VG did an amazing job with our cakes! Their prices can't be matched, and you definitely don't sacrifice taste! We had a 3 tier wedding cake, as well as a small 2 tier chocolate grooms cake with peanut butter buttercream and chocolate ganache drip with peanut butter cups on top (my husband's favorite)! It looked and tasted great! As a busy bride, I only wish I would've gotten to eat more at the wedding!

Sent on 07/29/2018
    VG Donut and Bakery 19

Holly · Married on 07/07/2018

VGs Donuts has been a fixture for my family for years and deciding to use them for the donut bar and wedding cake was easy. The tasting process is unique in that we were able to bring sample cakes home and we had the guests at our our engagement party.vote for the flavors of the wedding cake. Janette was very responsive and everything tasted amazing. The edible flowers on the cake were a great touch that made it that made it that much more special. Thank you VGs!!

Sent on 07/21/2018
    VG Donut and Bakery 20
    VG Donut and Bakery 21

Sandra · Married on 06/30/2018

We worked with Janette and she was so pleasant to work with. We felt very comfortable at the Tasting. She was also very communicative and responsive to questions. All our guests loved the desserts and we would definitely recommend VG Donut & Bakery to anyone!

Sent on 07/02/2018

Alexandra · Married on 06/23/2018

Beautiful and Delicious Cakes

We decided to book VG Donuts to make our wedding cake after trying several other bakeries and not finding one we liked. Our friends recommended VG Donuts and we are so glad they did. Our cake was as delicious as it was beautiful. Our guests raved that ours was the best wedding cake they had ever tasted, and we couldn't agree more. Janette was easy to work with and VG's talented bakers created our dream cake based only on a photo I provided and it was everything we could have wanted. We highly recommend VG Donuts and can't wait for our anniversary to taste our cake again.

Sent on 01/13/2019
    VG Donut and Bakery 22

Tiffany · Married on 05/25/2018

My cake inspiration image from pinterest actually turned out to be a cake from VG! Cake was delicious!!!!! The way they do tastings is that they give you a whole cake with your selected flavor / filling. You can also select different flavors/fillings for each layer of the cake. Janette is a pleasure to work with as well!

Sent on 06/03/2018

Megan · Married on 05/05/2018

We worked with Janette at VGs for our wedding cake and really appreciated the high level of service and professionalism. We were planning our wedding from across the country and Janette was helpful with cake selection and gave us the confidence that everything was taken care of. Our guests loved our cake! Thank you VGs!

Sent on 07/08/2018

Pamela · Married on 03/04/2018

Jeanette is so wonderful and helpful. She took the time to find out what we really wanted and was able to do exactly what we wanted at a very reasonable price. They were wonderful for my daughter's wedding and I'm sure they will be the same for mine.

Sent on 10/30/2017

Amy · Married on 12/10/2017

VG Donuts did the wedding cake & dessert bar for my wedding last weekend and not only was Janet so incredibly sweet and helpful, they were amazing with their presentation & the taste of everything!! Janet also reminded me when I needed to submit my choices for everything so that I wouldn't need to stress over it! So glad that I was able to experience such an amazing gem!! Thank you VG Donuts!! I will definitely recommend you!!

Sent on 12/16/2017

Amber · Married on 11/25/2017

We had a variety of donuts from VG as well as a two tier sweetheart cake at our wedding in Temecula and they were all so delicious! Janette was so amazing to work with!

Sent on 12/27/2017
    VG Donut and Bakery 23

Anna · Married on 09/09/2017

VG's is honestly SO good! We had donuts as our main wedding dessert but also wanted a cake so we could have the cake cutting part too and VG's made all of that so simple and easy! Working with Janette was easy and fun, she is so on top of things and easy to work with and their prices cannot be beat. Not only that, the donuts and cake were INCREDIBLE and people haven't stopped telling me how great they were. My only regret is that i didn't have time to eat more donuts at the wedding!

Sent on 09/16/2017