102 Reviews for VG Donut and Bakery

Cupcakes (7)
Gluten Free (7)
Groom's Cake (2)
102 VG Donut and Bakery Reviews

Jeanette is so wonderful and helpful. She took the time to find out what we really wanted and was able to do exactly what we wanted at a very reasonable price. They were wonderful for my daughter's wedding and I'm sure they will be the same for mine.

Profile Picture Pamela, 3/4/18, 1 Review
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Groom's Cake

VG Donuts did the wedding cake & dessert bar for my wedding last weekend and not only was Janet so incredibly sweet and helpful, they were amazing with their presentation & the taste of everything!! Janet also reminded me when I needed to submit my choices for everything so that I wouldn't need to stress over it! So glad that I was able to experience such an amazing gem!! Thank you VG Donuts!! I will definitely recommend you!!

Profile Picture Amy, 12/10/17, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Cookies, Dessert Buffet

We had a variety of donuts from VG as well as a two tier sweetheart cake at our wedding in Temecula and they were all so delicious! Janette was so amazing to work with!

Profile Picture Amber, 11/25/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery

VG's is honestly SO good! We had donuts as our main wedding dessert but also wanted a cake so we could have the cake cutting part too and VG's made all of that so simple and easy! Working with Janette was easy and fun, she is so on top of things and easy to work with and their prices cannot be beat. Not only that, the donuts and cake were INCREDIBLE and people haven't stopped telling me how great they were. My only regret is that i didn't have time to eat more donuts at the wedding!

Profile Picture Anna, 9/9/17, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Pastries, Consultations, Delivery

VG Donut and Bakery was the perfect place for our wedding cake. Their cakes are delicious and all of our wedding guests raved about how good the cake was. The design was beautiful and elegant and exactly what I was looking for. They have so many filling options as well so it's easy to customize the taste. They also were very easy to work and very affordable. I would highly recommend them!

Profile Picture Jacqueline, 7/2/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

We served cake and donuts from V.G. at our wedding, and both the cake and the donuts were a huge hit. Our three-layer cake was decorated beautifully and the donuts were all delicious. Working with Janette at V.G. was easy and she was flexible with different price points and options. I would recommend V.G. Donuts to all the brides out there.

Profile Picture Maggie, 6/23/17, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Dessert Buffet

Amazing cake and donuts! Everyone was excited about the gluten free lemon butter cookies. I highly recommend them! Janette was great!

Profile Picture Kylie, 5/21/17, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Gluten Free, Cookies, Consultations, Delivery

Amazing cakes amazing donut bar. Couldnt be happier with the service.

Profile Picture Jessyca, 4/30/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

VG Donut and Bakery was absolutely lovely to work with on the dessert bar for our wedding! They delivered delicious donuts and cake pops for our guests, and were incredibly communicative in the weeks leading up to the event. Cannot recommend their goodies enough.

Profile Picture Stephanie, 4/30/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations

HIGHLY RECOMMEND!! We used VG Donuts & Bakery for our wedding dessert table and they were awesome to work with! We sent them photos of what we wanted and they made it happen for a very reasonable price. Super professional and always delicious!

Profile Picture Jena, 4/22/17, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Pastries, Consultations, Delivery

VG Donuts was absolutely amazing and we are SO happy we had their delicious desserts at our wedding in February! We wanted to go with a dessert bar for our guests so that our cake could be a little more special for just family and wedding party, and they worked with us to create the perfect spread of donuts, cupcakes, cake pops and brownies galore! Plus our cake was so perfect and beautiful!

Profile Picture morgan, 2/17/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Cookies, Cupcakes, Dessert Buffet, Pastries

We enlisted VG Donuts for our wedding cake - a simple, three-tiered beauty - and a donut bar, and can say without hesitation that both were EPIC! Not only are they so reasonably, but they deliver on the most important aspect - absolute DELICIOUSNESS. Our guests raved about our wedding desserts, and we give these guys two thumbs up!

Profile Picture Becki, 12/11/16, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Dessert Buffet, Consultations, Delivery, Gluten Free

VG Donut & Bakery provided our wedding cake and entire dessert bar (donuts, bars, cupcakes) and people are still talking about how delicious everything was! We actually upped our order from the recommended amount for our headcount and STILL went home without any leftovers! The venue staff had to stash some desserts in our room just to make sure we got some!
Janette was extremely helpful from the start, always responsive to our emails. My husband and I both grew up eating VG donuts so it was extra special to have them at our wedding.
The delivery fee all the way to Temecula was very reasonable and everything arrived in perfect condition.
And two extra perks of using VG's - at the tasting, they literally give you cakes to take home and share with friends and family, which is amazing, AND you don't have to worry about saving the top tier of your cake because they'll give you a free cake on your anniversary! No freezer burn cake!

Profile Picture Caylin, 10/15/16, 12 Reviews
Services Used: Cupcakes, Dessert Buffet, Pastries, Consultations, Delivery

I highly recommend VG Donuts & Bakery for wedding cake services. VG was offered as part of the package at The Crossings, our wedding venue, and while we were able to change if we wanted I'm so glad we used them! Janette, the bakery coordinator, is extremely helpful and easy to work with. You are allowed to try 3 different cakes, and not just tasting bites, you actually take home 3 small (6in round) full-on cakes to try at home. Additional cakes to taste are only $5! There are so many flavor choices between cake flavors and filling flavors it is so hard to choose! She also has a book filled of example cakes so you can choose what type of frosting look you might want. I also loved that I was able to get a small two-tiered cake so I could do the traditional cake-cutting, and then supplement with cupcakes, donut bites, and brownie/blondie bars (I did not want to serve traditional cake slices to guests). There were even gluten-free options, and seasonal pumpkin flavored cupcakes and blondies perfect for my October wedding. Each dessert was seriously a flavor explosion in your mouth! I will be using VG for future events again for sure!

Profile Picture User5598988, 1+ year ago, 12 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Cupcakes, Gluten Free

VGs donuts was amazing! They did our entire desert bar and our Wedding Cake! We absolutly loved it, not only was it yummy they are amazing to work with and very cost effective. Love you guys

Profile Picture alexa, 9/24/16, 9 Reviews
Category: Catering, Wedding Cake
Services Used: Gluten Free, Delivery, Cookies, Cupcakes, Dessert Buffet, Pastries

Why would you go anywhere else? VG is the best!

Profile Picture Susan, 8/6/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Fantastic pricing! Using them for a dessert bar at our wedding. their price came in much lower than other bakeries. they also gave us 2 free cakes to try. the carrot cake was delicious, and that is what we are going with for the wedding!

Profile Picture User6375772, 1+ year ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Cookies, Cupcakes, Dessert Buffet, Pastries, Consultations, Delivery

My in-laws used VG Bakery for their wedding cake 25 years ago. They ordered their cake in advance and had some friends pick it up in the morning on the day of their wedding. When their friends arrived to pick up the order, the order seemed to have been lost in the system. With a sincere apology, the bakery ensured that they would have a cake made by the time the event was held that afternoon. The wedding took place and when my in-laws cut the cake they raved about how delicious it was. Their friends looked at them and said "it's veryyyy fresh." Our joke about their wedding cake will always be known for it's freshness.
When my husband and I got married, we wanted to keep the tradition going. VG's was very easy to work with. They are hard to get a hold of because they are a popular bakery. But be persistent, because it is worth it! They delivered our cake and cupcakes to our venue. It was so moist and flavorful, and at such a great price! Thank you!

Profile Picture Jessie, 7/17/16, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Cupcakes, Consultations, Delivery

JANETTE AT VG BAKERY WAS FANTASTIC TO WORK WITH! FROM THE VERY BEGINNING UP UNTIL THE DAY OF THE WEDDING, SHE WAS PROFESSIONAL, HELPFUL, AND A JOY TO WORK WITH! THE CAKE WAS NOT ONLY BEAUTIFUL, BUT DELICIOUS! EVERY LAYER WAS EXQUISITE! WE RECEIVED MANY COMPLIMENTS DURING THE WEDDING RECEPTION ABOUT HOW DELICIOUS, MOIST AND BEAUTIFUL THE CAKE WAS! WE OF COURSE HIGHLY RECOMMEND VG'S TO ANYONE WANTING A BEAUTIFUL AND DELICIOUS CAKE FOR ANY OCCASION!! THANKS JANETTE!!

Profile Picture Stormy, 6/25/16, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery

Worked with Janette. She is awesome! Told her what our vision was and she made it happen. Our dessert was gone in minutes. Not to mention, it was delicious!!!

Profile Picture Lauren, 6/24/16, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Dessert Buffet

My husband & I ordered our wedding cake & "donut bar" items from VGs for our wedding this past June. Everything was delicious, and working with Janette for the tasting & the order was easy & smooth! We had a small two-tier cutting cake and sheet cake for guests, in two flavors: chocolate cake with chocolate Bavarian cream and white cake with Bavarian cream with fresh strawberries. For our donut bar, we had cake & raised donuts in a 4 flavors, donut bites, doissant bites and cookies. Janette predicted the donut & doissant bites would be the most popular, and she was right - we should have ordered more of them! We did taste with two other bakeries, and one had slightly tastier cakes, but we chose VGs since they were about as good, but for a much less price, and had friendlier service to boot. We highly recommend VGs!

Profile Picture Gina, 6/19/16, 8 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Dessert Buffet

We worked with Janette who was awesome- tastings were great! A whole cake! She was very speedy in response time with emails, very helpful with picking out a cake/ design and size to best fit our needs. The flavor was amazing and it turned out beautiful! Very happy!

Profile Picture Jamie, 6/11/16, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery

Janette at VG helped us design a beautiful and delicious cake that was so affordable. Definitely recommend!

Profile Picture Amanda, 4/1/16, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery

From start to finish, our wedding cake process was so easy and (BY FAR) the most affordable that we found. Janette was always very quick to respond to any questions or concerns. Our "tasting" was also pretty amazing because we were given 7 inch rounds of two cake flavors to TAKE HOME!!! (Any others were just a mere $5 per cake). My husband had never been given so much free cake!!

The day of the wedding went off without a hitch. I never even saw VG Donuts, the cake just magically appeared (on time) out of thin air and it was as beautiful as I had dreamed. Each layer was a different flavor so our guests could have their choice of cake. Our personal favorite? Chocolate cake with Bavarian cream.... Mmmmm. Can't wait to go back for our one year anniversary and get it again.

Profile Picture Michelle, 3/26/16, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery

They were extremely helpful and the cake tasted just as good as it looked.

Profile Picture Leticia-Ann, 3/20/16, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Gluten Free, Cookies, Cupcakes, Dessert Buffet, Groom's Cake, Pastries, Consultations, Delivery