Vestals Catering Reviews

24 Reviews for Vestals Catering

• Casey

Casey Youngblood · Married on 10/23/2020

Dream Vendor

Vestals was our dream vendor for our destination wedding at The Emerson! The team was quick to answer any questions during the planning process. The food was delicious! Our guests have not stopped complimenting the dinner and cocktail hour. Don't hesitate to book Vestals!

Sent on 10/26/2020
  • Holly

Holly Turpin · Married on 09/10/2020

Hire Vestals!

Vestals was amazing! They arrived early, with an army of people, to our family home for a 40 person wedding. They made sure that everything was perfect for our guests. The food was amazing and the portions were huge. All of our guests were so full! The bartender was awesome and fun. She mixed up some delicious cocktails for us all! And without asking, Beverly followed the Bride and Groom around to hand us fresh cocktails and ensure we were eating the food. We absolutely adore her and appreciate her anticipating our needs. The whole crew cleaned up and left the house spotless. Can't wait to use Vestals for a dinner party or a future celebration. Thank you!!

Sent on 10/19/2020

Julie Sutton · Married on 07/11/2020

The Catering company you want during a pandemic

We used Vestals Catering from a recommendation from 2 separate co-workers. We could not recommended them more highly, they were the best! We got married during the pandemic and they were the most flexible vendor that we used and used all the precautions for make it a coronavirus-free event. They were professional, quick to respond, and so friendly! We absolutely recommend them for your wedding!!

Sent on 08/02/2020
  • Jordan

Jordan Miller · Married on 07/11/2020

Thank you vestals!

11/10 would recommend! The Vestals team was absolutely amazing. We had to change our wedding plans due to Covid. We went from a large reception to an intimate dinner with family and friends and Vestals helped us make the best night still happen. Aubrey was very responsive and helped us stay within budget. Not to mention, the food was SO GOOD! We are so thankful!

Sent on 08/10/2020

Laura · Married on 09/14/2019

Still getting compliments on our wedding food!

Overall we had a wonderful experience with Vestals! We tried multiple food tastings with preferred vendors at our venue, the Hickory Street Annex. Vestals was by far the best food that we tried and they had an amazingly affordable price for the quality provided. They were extremely responsive responding to messages. I was a little nervous, because the sales person we worked with for our tasting left before our wedding but it was a seamless transition to the new associate and they still got everything we ordered perfecting correct. I am vegetarian and my husband loves steak, so our menu was a little more challenging than most. Vestals was extremely accommodating and offered some delicious vegetarian options. They also accommodated other dietary restrictions. I had some very specific requests as to timing and the food and Vestals accommodated everything. The food was so delicious and felt more elevated than traditional wedding food. We did a buffet and had plenty of food the whole night. When I've been seeing guests in the months after our wedding I swear one of everyone's first comments is that it was the best food they've ever had at a wedding. To me that is a huge win because normally people do not remember the wedding food. They were very friendly in all our conversations leading-up to the wedding. And the staff actually at the event provided very high customer service. The bartenders were quick, but made our signature cocktails perfectly. They plated a beautiful meal for us to eat before entering the reception and even surprised us with leftovers at the end of the night which we really enjoyed at the hotel afterwards. At one point during the night, the lead team member even waited outside the bathroom to bring me my favorite drink! Overall exceptional service and quality of food. I highly recommend Vestals for a wedding and any other event!

Sent on 01/05/2020
  • Kyndall

Kyndall Hunt · Married on 07/04/2019

Wedding 7.4.19

Omg.... they were the best. THE BEST. I still get so many compliments on the food, the custom cocktails, how professional they were , just everything. They were so so sweet to my husband and I. Made sure we were okay and had everything we wanted. Saved our drinks for us. Checked on us. They made sure my family was good. They did everything so perfect. I changed my food vendor 3 times before finding them bc I was wanting exactly what they gave us. And the other vendors weren’t going to do that for us. I’m so happy we went with Vestals and spent the extra money bc trust me it was worth it. Thank y’all so much for making our dream day perfect! Y’all were the best!! Hands down. 100% recommend.

Sent on 07/31/2019

Hi Kyndall!

Thank you so much for your kind words - they mean more to us than you know. It was our pleasure to serve you and your kind families on your wedding day. We are so grateful to have been a part of such a rockstar vendor team! Congratulations again on your amazing wedding!

With Love,

The Vestals Catering Team
  • Ashley

Ashley Heid · Married on 06/04/2019

Truly professionals

Vestals has this wedding thing down!

Vestals catered for my sister's wedding and the food was fantastic! So, when my husband and I got engaged and started planning, we KNEW we had to talk to them. At our first meeting, we were not only blown away by the food (obviously), but the service. Vestals knows what they are ding and will steer you in the right direction when planning, but they are also very open and flexible to accommodating any request you could come up with - which is definitely not true with other caterers. After meeting with Vestals, we though we should meet at least one more, just for good measure and it was leaps and bounds off of the experience with Vestals. We had absolutely no choice not to go with Vestals. Every meeting, email, phone call was just as organized, fun, and pleasant throughout.

The little touches the Vestals goes the extra mile to incorporate into each experience with them is what makes them true rockstars. I mean, freshly baked, right out of the oven cookies, just because??? Done.

Trust me, you have no choice other than Vestals when you plan your wedding.

Sent on 04/27/2019

Ashley,

Thank you so much for your kind words! You and Ryan were such a joy to work with, and we are so grateful you chose Vestals to cater your big day. Congratulations!

With Love,

The Vestals Catering Team
  • Katie

Katie Lynch · Married on 10/20/2018

So Delicious! Guests Loved It!

Working with Vestals Catering was such a great experience. From the food tasting, to menu creating, to the actual event. They were very communicative in emails and answered all questions. And value was great. All our guests raved about the food and how they all went back for seconds at the buffet. On the day, Beverly was so attentive to me as the bride. She made sure we always had water and went way above and beyond making sure I was comfortable all night. We had a flight theme and the whole staff dressed up as flight attendants and made the event perfect!!

Sent on 11/02/2018

Sydnie · Married on 10/13/2018

Such a great decision

We had a tasting with Vastals and one other company, but cancelled the other immediately after trying Vestals.

Jordan and his team were great to work with, very flexible, and put together an amazing menu.

We were unsure about going with a chicken dish as usually at weddings, the chicken can be dry. But it came out perfectly and we got so many compliments on the food. My husband and I even took leftovers and the food was just as amazing the next day!

We also used their bartender and she was great as well. Very friendly and engaging. We would definitely recommend Vestals!

Sent on 10/20/2018

Tiffani · Married on 11/05/2017

Vestals was great to work with and their food was AMAZING for our wedding reception! We got so many compliments from our friends and family! They provided great service and the food was delicious- our guests loved all the stations and extra brownies and cookies! From the start, Vestals was very responsive and attentive. They helped us pick the perfect menu that matched our personality and tastes. We were so happy to work with them for our reception and we would highly recommend the Vestals team to anyone looking for superb catering in Dallas!

Sent on 11/15/2016

elizabeth · Married on 04/08/2017

Excellent. They had us hooked at the tasting - it was set up as an intimate date night dinner with Jordan, the founder and owner, coming out with each course to explain and discuss options. His passion for cooking was apparent, and we loved it! They accommodated suggestions and guided decisions per their expertise. And of course, the food at the reception was just as delicious as the tasting prepared for just the two of us. Couldn't have been more pleased.

Sent on 04/25/2017

Britney · Married on 02/18/2017

We just used Vestals to cater our wedding and they were outstanding. The service was excellent, they based the menu on our tastes, and continued to tweak things until they were just right. The thing we liked best about Vestals is that the food tasted like food we would order in a restaurant and was very different than standard wedding fare - all of our guests were raving about it. Jordan (the owner) attended our event in person to ensure that everything ran smoothly the entire night. I HIGHLY recommend them.

Sent on 02/21/2017

Hayley · Married on 04/16/2016

We are so glad we chose to work with Vestals for our wedding on April 16th. To be honest, food was not one of our top priorities but we were having trouble finding a caterer in our budget with good quality choices. Through a recommendation, we contacted Jordan and scheduled a tasting. I was so pleased with all of the options he presented and had no doubt he was the best choice for us. The day of wedding I was completely blown away with how wonderful the food was! I received many compliments from guests throughout the night. Not to mention, there was a moment when Jordan himself fetched me a glass of wine (much needed immediately following family photos). With Vestals, you get high quality food, exceptional service and it won't break your budget. I HIGHLY recommend working with Vestals!

Sent on 04/25/2016

Vestals Catering's reply:

Thank you so much for your honest and glowing review! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your wedding experience. High quality food and customer service are the foundations of Vestals, and we're enthralled that our clients can recognize our devotion. We look forward to working together in the future. All the best, Jordan.

Simone · Married on 12/31/2015

Jordan and his team completely blew me away. Food was one of our top priorities and we wanted to provide our guests a high quality, inspired sit down meal. Everything Vestals catering delivered was so beyond our expectations. We felt as if we were dinning at a five star restaurant and not eating anything that remotely resembled "wedding food." Our guests couldn't stop talking about how great the food was. This is not your typical assembly line catering company but rather a boutique, personable, chef-inspired, quality-driven team that will take your vision and execute it perfectly!

Sent on 01/26/2016

Vestals Catering's reply:

Hi Simone. Thank you so much for taking the time to talk about your experience with Vestals. Your review perfectly describes our service goals. Your vision of quality, restaurant inspired food is on point, as we strive to provide personalized attention to all events we do--big or small. All the best, Jordan.

Jordan and his team made my special day one to remember! From planning to day of, Jordan helped me out from the food to thinking through how to create the energy I wanted at the wedding. The food was FANTASTIC and the service was incredible. As a bride, food was the last thing I was worried about because I knew from the start Jordan and his team was taking care of absolutely everything! They are a full service company so he helped me out with more than just the food which was a major blessing. Book today!

Sent on 01/13/2016

Vestals Catering's reply:

We really appreciate you taking the time to comment on your experience with Vestals! One of our goals is to create a stress-free environment for the bride to place her trust in our hands. It means a lot to hear that we succeeded in allowing you to enjoy your special day. All the best, Jordan.

Janie · Married on 10/24/2015

Jordan and his company were absolutely AMAZING! Everything was so stress-free with them and everything turned out perfect! I couldn't have asked for a better vendor!

Sent on 11/02/2015

Adriana · Married on 04/12/2015

Absolutely loved having Jordan and his team at our wedding. OMG! He did such an amazing job helping through the whole process. And he was also so patient. Loved loved loved the food and the final result. All the guests left the wedding talking wonderful things about the food, everyone absolutely enjoyed every bite of it. We kept asking Jordan that we wanted different and that is exactly what he provided. The flavors are amazing, he just has a wonderful gift for it and God really blessed us by having him as our cater for our wedding. Cannot say anything bad about Vestals food, the service, the attention, the flavors, everything was there! Please, if you are going to have your wedding and looking to have the most amazing dinner for it do not hesitate to call Jordan you will not regret it. Thank you so much Jordan for doing an excellent job and helping make this day absolutely perfect. God bless your business always.

Sent on 04/20/2015

Sarah · Married on 01/17/2015

Literally cannot say enough great things about Vestals Food!! Working with Jordan, Sheila and their team was so easy and we knew instantly we could trust them to execute exactly what we wanted. Jordan helped every step of the way from picking menu options, drink ordering, linens, dishes, etc. All of our guests were so impressed with the delicious food and the beautiful presentation of everything. At one point we saw people drinking the soup from their coffee cups…safe to say they really liked it!!!

On the day of our wedding the servers and bartenders were so attentive and professional. Sheila handled every second of the reception making sure everything was perfect and no small detail was forgotten!

We would (and have) recommend Vestals Food to our friends with 100% confidence that they will do an excellent job. Our wedding reception was absolutely perfect because of them!!!

Sent on 02/04/2015

genevieve · Married on 11/01/2014

Jordan and his team are AWESOME! My husband and I are big on food so we wanted to make sure the food at our wedding wasn't "banquet-ey" or super traditional. Vestals created an Italian feast for us! Amazing pasta dishes, sausage and beef with an insane cheese board.

The best part was that Jordan was so involved - not like a larger catering company where we would have dealt with someone other than the chef/owner. He even cooked my husband and I dinner before we booked him instead of an impersonal tasting.

His staff and bartenders were so kind and helpful.

And I'm still craving that pasta!

Sent on 11/19/2014

Carl · Married on 09/06/2014

Jordan at Vestals Foods handled catering for our daughter's wedding. Let me skip to the punchline: fabulous! Now some details: we asked Jordan to come up with a menu that would satisfy the traditional beef and chicken eaters as well as the gluten free and vegan attendees. He came up with a brilliant approach that integrated the menu - no one felt as though they were given a special menu, and everyone got a terrific meal. The cooking felt light and healthy, and was completely filling. Got comments on how great people felt about the food (even the beef eaters). Also: Jordan put together a signature cocktail for us that everyone loved; many happy comments at the cocktail hour. Also: all the servers and bartenders on his team are professional - pleasant, cheerful, outgoing. We had only positive comments on the terrific catering. Finally: the entire process of working with Jordan was a delight, never stressful and never a hassle. We'd recommend Vestal Foods 100%.

Sent on 09/09/2014

Ashley · Married on 07/03/2014

I felt very taken care of by Jordan and his team at Vestals throughout the whole wedding planning process. He is easy to communicate with, he will work with your budget and he will give you great ideas that you never thought of! They not only make your wedding amazing, but make it more cost effective and efficient. His wife was able to take care of the wedding party organization and day-of coordinating, which was a huge load off of my shoulders as the bride.

Vestals has been in the industry for a while and knows the ins-and-outs. Not only did we receive great information and help from him for catering, but for all aspects of our wedding.

I've already used Vestals twice for two big events, my own wedding and a University ball. You definitely can count on NOT being disappointed. Vestals is high quality and great service.

Sent on 08/21/2014

Ashley · Married on 04/19/2014

Jordan Swim is a complete master and I am absolutely in awe of him! First of all, the tasting for his company was so incredibly professional and delicious. My husband and I felt like we were on an amazing romantic date! Jordan was so easy to work with and did everything he could make our idea come to life. The food at the wedding was outstanding! I have been told by EVERYONE at the wedding that our food was by far the best they have ever had at a wedding. My dad has already said that he will be using Jordan next year for his annual office party (even though he has been using the same caterer for years). And trust me...my dad is hard to please! Even better than the food is the service. Wow...I can't even express how impressive his staff was. We had servers and bar tenders all night and they couldn't have been better. Jordan is a top notch guy and is running an amazing company. We even tried to convince him to open a restaurant, but he said this is truly his passion :) I would HIGHLY recommend Vestals for any event you have catered. He is the only one we will be using in the future.

Sent on 05/28/2014

michelle · Married on 12/31/2013

I am a little overdue in writing this review; Jordan Swim and his team catered our NYE 2013 wedding, and we STILL get compliments on how delicious the food was. His pesto mac and cheese is legendary. Seriously, we get, "Aww, man, that macaroni and cheese!!!" pretty regularly.

Jordan was one of our favorite vendors to work with. He was one of the caterers our venue recommended, and we were not disappointed! During the planning process, we attended a wedding catered by a more well-known caterer (one we considered using for our wedding), and while the food was delicious, the bride and groom said working with them was a nightmare once the contract was signed.

He was incredibly patient with us throughout the entire process. My now-husband kept changing his mind about the menu, and we honestly had no idea what theme or 'feel' we were going for. Each time we wanted to change something, Jordan was ready with another idea. We probably wore him out a bit. Sorry!!

Jordan's team also provided our bar service, which was excellent! I believe I didn't order enough booze for our NYE bash, but it's probably for the best overall.

Jordan was very professional in each meeting and email, and worked seamlessly with my coordinator and venue rep on the wedding day. There was a miscommunication with loading up all the dishes/rentals at the end of the night, but in the end, that kind of stuff doesn't matter. Everything got to where it needed to be, so no harm no foul.

He provided a great service, with a smile on his face, and we always recommend him and his team.

Sent on 03/01/2015
  • Kenzie

Kenzie Clarke · Married on 07/12/2020

Food Restrictions? Not a problem for Vestals

Vestals catering worked with my wedding planner and the list of crazy food restrictions to make a tasty tex-mex buffet that everyone enjoyed! You got gluten free people? How about vegans? How about nut allergys - like the ones that require an epipen or a body bag? I had ALL of those at my wedding. And vestals handled it like pros! I especially loved their southwestern salad. I would recommend them for anybody's event where food is important!

Sent on 07/28/2020