Vermont Sweet Tooth Reviews

Vermont Sweet Tooth 5
  • Jennifer

Jennifer Conroy · Married on 12/07/2019

Delicious and decorated perfectly

- Marion is phenomenal—I cannot say this enough. When we first met her to have a tasting, we were in awe. This was hands down the best cake either of us had ever tried. The cake was moist and flavorful—the frosting perfect and not too sweet. Marion is such as kind and caring person as well. She was extremely receptive to all emails and requests we had. She responded quickly and kept in contact throughout the planning process. Our cake was far beyond anything I hoped and dreamed for --- it was absolutely AMAZING. The birchbark appearance blended perfectly with our décor and the flowers she sculpted herself were works of art!!! This is something truly unique that Marion does – sculpting the flowers herself from sugar. She cared enough to know what florist we used and what our floral arrangements would look like – and she was SPOT ON. All of the guests thought the flowers were provided from the florist because they matched perfectly and looked so real. They were amazing when we told them that Marion had sculpted them herself! The cake on our wedding night was perfect with every single detail we wanted. It was truly one of the most beautiful cakes we had ever seen at a wedding! The flavors were delectable! We had went with the lemony snicket and vanilla maple bourbon --- BOTH WERE AMAZING. The other flavors we had tried at our tasting were phenomenal too and it was very hard to choose! The best part of our cake was the fact that Marion sculpted our two dogs (two miniature dachshunds) on the cake. They looked amazing --- she took so much time to get the body structure, colors, and markings right on each dog. She sculpted them perfectly! She asked for pictures from every angle so that she can truly sculpt the dogs the way they were. It showed how caring she was to make something we wanted to come to fruition. We described their personalities and she was even able to portray them on the cake in a way that everyone knew which dog was which based on what they were “doing”” on the cake. We are SO HAPPY we went with Vermont Sweet Tooth and would highly recommend Marion for any event you are having – she is a sweet person, her cake is the best we have every had, and her decorating skills are impeccable.

Vermont Sweet Tooth 6
    Vermont Sweet Tooth 7
    Vermont Sweet Tooth 8
    Sent on 12/09/2019
  • laura

laura · Married on 10/23/2019

Marion is the best!!!

Marions cakes are so delicious!! We chose a variety including chocolate chunk, pumpkin spice, carrot cake and almond. They were all delicious and everyone loved them. The tasting was amazing and her house is beautiful! She even created my dog out of sugar to put on the cake. Can’t recommend her enough!!

Vermont Sweet Tooth 9
    Sent on 11/08/2019
  • Hannah

Hannah Hanscom · Married on 10/18/2019

Wonderful experience with Vermont Sweet Tooth

We are so lucky to have had Marion bake and craft such a gorgeous and delicious wedding cake for our wedding a few weeks ago. I don't think I've ever tasted such a delicious wedding cake! Marion crafted a perfect two tier wedding cake for us (along with 4 dozen cupcakes of varying flavors), decorating it with flowers she sculpted from sugar, that perfectly matched the flowers in my bouquet and centerpieces, and even sculpted our puppy to include him on our wedding cake. The sculpture of our puppy looked exactly like him and made it so that we could include our pup in our wedding, even though he could not travel with us for our destination wedding.
    Marion's ability to sculpt such realistic flowers from sugar is absolutely amazing! Now we have the flowers Marion sculpted and our puppy which she sculpted to remember our wedding forever!
    Having a destination wedding and planning from afar, I was nervous about being able to work remotely with all of our wedding vendors. Marion was so responsive to all of our questions and make the process of planning our wedding cake so seamless! Thank you Marion!

Sent on 10/31/2019

Alicia Shaw · Married on 10/06/2019

Absolutely amazing!!

I can’t even describe how happy I am with how our wedding cake turned out. Marion is so incredibly talented and our cake was absolutely stunning and delicious. Incredibly easy to communicate with. The detail of the cake was perfect and tasted sooooo good. Everyone was blown away by her work and creativity. Thank you so so much!!

Vermont Sweet Tooth 10
    Vermont Sweet Tooth 11
    Vermont Sweet Tooth 12
    Sent on 10/08/2019
  • Randi

Randi Bennett · Married on 08/17/2019

Vermont Sweet Tooth is the BEST!

We highly, highly recommend Marion at Vermont Sweet Tooth to make your cake for any occasion. She made us a three tier, three flavor birch bark wrapped wedding cake and it was gorgeous! She is a creative mastermind and will follow through with any vision! Her ability to sculpt flowers out of sugar is mind boggling. Thank you Marion for being the best - SO happy we found you!

Vermont Sweet Tooth 13
    Sent on 09/09/2019
  • Lindsey

Lindsey · Married on 07/06/2019

Wedding Day Ease

I found Vermont Sweet Tooth through wedding wire. Our wedding was taking place in Vermont so I needed to find a cake
    Company that would take in our ideas and make a master piece. Are you looking for attention to detail, maybe beautiful flowers, or something that means a lot to you like where you got engaged the scenery. Look no further, you found it! Marion Peer is a talented, compassionate and caring cake designer. I had an envision of whites, ivory and greens and she made that happen. Marion does not use real flowers on food you will be eating, simply due to pesticides. Marion has a gift and a craft that she has mastered over the years. What do I mean? She creates beautiful realistic flowers made from sugar, sugar? Yes sugar! They last forever if cared for properly. Sitting in her kitchen at our taste testing looking at all the beautiful flowers not knowing what was real and what was sugar I questioned how she got such beautiful flowers in the middle of winter. Low n behold to my surprise she placed them in front of me and asked me
    to touch them, like a rock and carefully detailed to resemble the real deal it was surely sugar. I could not believe it, I was so impressed and had to go with flowers on our cake. Just envision what it is that you want, beautiful peony’s, roses, tulips, daisy’s, lily you name it she can make it. We went with all her 3 famous flavors which I won’t spoil for you, because you have to taste them before making up your mind and I’ll tell you this you will be glad I didn’t spoil the experience. Day before our wedding we drove and met up with Marion our truck was like an icebox but our frame of mind was I want my cake to last and its 85 degrees outside in July with increased temperatures with no cloud coverage and I need it to last until I can get it into the temperature suitable fridge at the venue. It lasted we got to share our beautiful cake with our family and friends and the amount of compliments I received was amazing. No one could believe the flowers and the pearl string detail on our cake, Marion even added a little lady bug on there for good luck! Choose her, choose Vermont Sweet Tooth you will not be disappointed.

Vermont Sweet Tooth 14
    Vermont Sweet Tooth 15
    Vermont Sweet Tooth 16
    Sent on 08/26/2019

Maeve · Married on 06/29/2019

Still dreaming of this cake!

Cake is my favorite food, so my wedding cake was extremely important to me! I had high expectations and Marion exceeded them! I went with the vanilla bourbon cake with maple buttercream and it was to die for! It was so delicious that I asked my coordinator to bring the leftovers to the bridal suite for me so that I could eat them the next day! People always say that the guests do not really care about the cake at the wedding, but I received SO MANY compliments about how our cake was the best cake they have ever tasted! Not only was the cake delicious, but it was absolutely stunning! I have no idea how she does it, but Marion sculpted the most beautiful flowers (to match our real flowers) out of sugar. You would have never known that they were not real flowers! It is so special that we get to have them forever as keepsakes. Marion was also so incredibly wonderful to work with! She is the absolute sweetest and I could not recommend her more!

Sent on 08/16/2019

Christina · Married on 09/29/2018

Marion was outstanding! She responded to messages quickly, was always in communication and happy to adjust to our needs, and she did a stellar job. Not only were our cake and cupcakes gorgeous but they were also delicious. No one could believe that the flowers weren't real, and even guests who don't typically like cake just LOVED ours. We highly recommend Vermont Sweet Tooth. Marion made our wildest dreams come true.

Vermont Sweet Tooth 17
    Vermont Sweet Tooth 18
    Vermont Sweet Tooth 19
    Vermont Sweet Tooth 20
    Vermont Sweet Tooth 21
    Sent on 10/13/2018

Judith · Married on 09/22/2018

Scrumptious and Beautiful Wedding Cake!

The moment I read Marion's story about Vermont Sweet Tooth, I knew I wanted her to make our wedding cake. The day we both sat down in her kitchen to try 3 heaping pieces of her most popular cakes, I died and went to wedding cake heaven. Not only are Marion's cakes perfectly scrumptious and slightly decadent, her warmth and dedication to creating a truly unique and beautiful cake that represents you is apparent. I couldn't recommend Vermont Sweet Tooth enough! We chose a relatively simple cake with handcrafted sugar peonies, dahlias and garden roses to decorate the top with (which we can save forever!). It was a pleasure to meet and work with Marion and I'm truly grateful for the pleasure her cake brought to us and our guests!

Sent on 12/04/2018

Melinda · Married on 09/15/2018

I can't say enough how wonderful it is to work with Marion Peer on my wedding cake. I've heard many sad stories where B&G's were disappointed with their cakes and I knew the minute I saw Marion's design that my wedding cake is going to be the catering highlight of the night! It was unique, beautiful and delicious! Marion has a way of interpreting your vision and style into the cake she designs - it's just amazing! We received many fantastic comments about our wedding cake and we can't wait to have our anniversary cake! Thank you so so much, Marion! You are so sweet to work with! You are six stars in my opinion.

Sent on 10/07/2018
  • Trey

Trey · Married on 08/11/2018

Marion was an absolute joy to work with. She is a true artist! We could not believe the level of detail that went into our cake. She was super flexible and willing to do whatever we asked. Her sugar flowers are masterpieces. This was the best experience that we could have asked for. Seriously, you can end your search here.

Sent on 09/09/2018

Gabrielle · Married on 06/23/2018

I highly recommend using Vermont Sweet Tooth for your wedding cake. Working with Marion was amazing! I was planning our wedding from Washington state which made finding vendors a little harder, but Marion was kind and responsive from the moment I contacted her. Our cake was absolutely incredible - it tasted delicious, sweet vanilla with fresh strawberries, and it looked like something out of a magazine with beautifully crafted, hyper-realistic blush and white peonies. My husband didn't believe me when I told him the sugar flowers weren't real, he thought I was kidding until he actually touched them and felt that they were made of sugar! Marion is a true artist.

Sent on 07/03/2018

Caitlin · Married on 06/16/2018

Marion made the most beautiful, delicious wedding cake I could have imagined. First off, she welcomed us into her home for a taste testing and was very accommodating. She created my dream wedding cake and made the most beautiful sugar flowers that my guests were convinced were real! She also made my beloved dog out of sugar and her attention to detail is incredible. Not only was her cake stunning and contained so much detail, it was the most delicious cake we had ever had! I usually am a chocolate fan, but we went with her lemon cake which was so fresh and yummy! I highly recommend and couldn't be any happier with our cake and overall experience!

Sent on 06/26/2018

Hannah · Married on 06/09/2018

Marion Peer of Vermont Sweet Tooth is an absolute MAGICIAN!!! From the first correspondence to the final delivery of the most beautiful and delicious wedding cake imaginable, Marion was so helpful, responsive and wonderful to work with every step of the way.
    Our meeting at her lovely home studio/kitchen was so nice; she had three kinds of cake and frosting — with edible sparkles, to add to the magic — ready for us to try, and we were blown away by the flavors and textures. Her cakes are so moist and flavorful, and the icings are such a perfect complement. I’m not usually a fan of vanilla cake, but we ended up choosing two layers of vanilla-bourbon cake with maple buttercream, and one of a very rich chocolate fudge chunk cake. I wish we could have had a 10-tier cake to experience all the flavors.
    Even if there was no decoration at all, the cake would be memorable and totally enjoyable, but Marion’s sugar artistry adds another dimension — a true feast for the eyes. Her blown-sugar flowers are practically indistinguishable from real ones, but they last much longer! We brought in some inspiration photos and our invitation suite, and talked with Marion about the flowers and plants that would be used in our wedding. She PERFECTLY captured the vibe and look of the whole wedding.
    Marion was very communicative and responsive; it was easy to email her, she asked lots of questions, and I felt totally confident that she would bring my dreams to life. She was very clear on instructions to ensure the cake would be served well, from checking on cooler space before arrival to including a box full of foam to protect the sugar flowers afterwards. She knows exactly what her creations need to be transported safely, and while we were lucky to be close to her studio, I’m sure any order would arrive in perfect shape. and she is absolutely just a lovely person as well! I cannot recommend Vermont Sweet Tooth highly enough!

Vermont Sweet Tooth 22
    Vermont Sweet Tooth 23
    Vermont Sweet Tooth 24
    Sent on 08/27/2018

Lillian · Married on 12/16/2017

I would recommend you look no further than Marion and Vermont Sweet Tooth when it's time to make your wedding cake decision in Stowe! From our initial tasting in Marion's beautiful kitchen where we were able to taste six different flavors of cake to our wedding day, everything was seamless and delicious. Marion was very responsive and easy to work with over email and the cake was more beautiful and delicious than I could have dreamed. We had 205 guests and decided on a chocolate fudge chunk and vanilla bourbon layer cake with vanilla buttercream frosting. The four tier cake was served to the tables and it was so good that by the end of the wedding, every plate was wiped clean and every guest raved about how great it tasted. The cake's flowers (which matched the flowers on the tables) were all hand-crafted from sugar and we saved them as a keepsake from our special day. Thank you for everything Marion!

Vermont Sweet Tooth 25
    Vermont Sweet Tooth 26
    Sent on 01/09/2018

Raquel · Married on 10/13/2017

My husband and I live in San Antonio, Texas and recently got married in Vermont after 25 years. I called Marion 3 weeks before my wedding hoping I could order a special cake for my husband for our special day and stressed how important getting this cake for him was. As busy as Marion was with several wedding orders for the week/weekend, she accepted my order request and made the most beautiful and delicious Bourbon and Vanilla Bean cake with a beautiful peony flower that I was able to keep as a keepsake after. My husband was very Happy, our guests loved the cake and my peony flower made to back to Texas and is beautifully displayed with our wedding portrait. Thank you Marion for helping make our Wedding Day so special and memorable.!!!

Vermont Sweet Tooth 27
    Sent on 11/16/2017

Susan · Married on 09/17/2017

Love Vermont Sweet Tooth!! Marion is great to work with and provided cupcakes for our daughter's wedding. Delicious and Beautiful!! We choose the Bourbon Vanilla Bean with Maple Buttercream frosting. They were presented with a dusting of edible glitter with a maple jelly bean on top! Guests were raving about them!! Luckily, I was able to sneak home a few after the wedding! Yummy!! Thank you Marion for helping make the day so perfect!

Sent on 09/24/2017

Karen · Married on 08/11/2017

We had a cake made for our 55Th wedding anniversary and the guests are still raving about it!! There was not a crumb left! Highly recommended!

Sent on 08/26/2017

D · Married on 06/24/2017

Look no further! You will LOVE Marion at Sweet Tooth Vermont!

Her warmth and genuine interest in our story and wedding wishes came through the moment we entered her charming home for our tasting. The three flavors of cake we tasted were so amazing that we had to incorporate all of them into our cake!

Marion lovingly created an edible treasure which perfectly meshed with our theme of modern elegance with a touch of whimsy. Her flowers - made entirely of sugar paste - are truly works of art and she surprised our guests by adding an adorable sculpture of our french bulldog! As a bonus, we get to have both as keepsakes of Marion’s stunning creation and our wonderful celebration.
    Not only was our cake a gorgeous focal point at our reception but every guest raved about how scrumptious it was!

We cannot recommend Sweet Tooth Vermont highly enough! Marion is a gem and a sweetheart! Her cakes are beautiful, flavorful, personal and memorable!

Sent on 07/24/2017

Chris and Clara · Married on 06/10/2017

Simply the best!! My son and his fiance are having twins. For their tea party themed baby shower we were lucky enough to have Marion create their cake. It was absolutely fantastic in every way!! From our first conversation, Marion took a keen interest in both Chris and Clara and their English sheep dog, Gus! She asked questions about each of them, and even the color of Gus's tail! The cake was just exquisite in both presentation and taste!! A real vanilla buttercream frosting with chocolate filling was so delicious!! Plus, Marion topped the cake off with (a hardened sugar paste ) a delightful teacup, holding twin babies, and, of course, shaggy haired Gus, peering over the top of the cup, garnished with delicate leaves surrounding them. A one of a kind masterpiece - which Chris and Clara are keeping forever in a shadow box to share with their girls for years to come. Priceless!!

Sent on 07/27/2017

Meredith · Married on 06/08/2017

My husband and I recently got married in Vermont but live in Illinois. We had do to most of our planning through email or over the phone. Getting into contact with Marion was so easy, compared to other vendors we had to deal with. She is so personable and knowledgeable to work with through email and on the phone. Since we weren't able to do a taste tasting with Marion in Vermont we requested samples. They were absolutely delicious! We couldn't just choose one flavor. We ended up doing a smaller birch tree wedding cake and two different kinds of cupcakes.
    When time came for us to pick everything up from Marion I was blown away when seeing our wedding cake for the first time. It was so above and beyond what I could ever imagined. Marion put so much detail into everything. She hand crafted flowers to look exactly like our wedding flowers. We are also able to display them after our wedding, which makes it extra special. Everything was absolutely perfect in every way! Our guests also loved every bite too!
    I would highly recommend Marion at Vermont Sweet Tooth!

Sent on 07/26/2017

Lauren · Married on 06/04/2017

We worked with Marion for over a year with our wedding planning. She was extremely responsive, personable, knowledgeable and offered guidance, support and love every step of the way! We live out of state, so my now mother in law went to do our tasting on our behalf and could not have had more fun with Marion and felt very welcomed. Marion was great about sending pictures since we were so far away for planning and went above and beyond to make sure we had the exact cake we wanted. The cake was so beautifully done and was a HUGE hit at our wedding! We had a naked vanilla bean cake with the maple buttercream and fresh berries as garnish. Every single guest raved about this cake....and my dad even went around stealing bites from others because he couldn't get enough! Vermont Sweet Tooth is without a doubt the place to go for your wedding cake if you're anywhere close to Stowe! I would recommend over and over and over. The sugar flowers were the flowers we had in our wedding and they are immaculately made and beautiful to look at. Marion makes sure you can preserve them as memories forever. She also helps us keep celebrating by offering a special anniversary wedding cake treat when we're back in Stowe....which we for sure will be and can't wait to visit Marion! Thank you again Vermont Sweet Tooth and Marion for being such an important part of our special day.

Sent on 06/14/2017

Catherine · Married on 03/11/2017

My only advice is to DO IT! From the initial tasting, to the planning, to the rapid responsiveness, to the genuine caring and interest that Marion showed us, Vermont Sweet Tooth is the absolute best! We were blown away by the work of art that our finished cake was, and it tasted amazing. And, best of all, we get to keep the detailed sugar sculptures as mementos of our special day and the unique creation that Marion crafted for us.

Sent on 03/15/2017

Julie · Married on 11/01/2016

I had heard Marion's cakes are as tasty as they look and quite simply, they taste as spectacular as they look. I've never tasted a cake as yummy as her's in all of my 51 years. (My cake was a birthday treat.) The sweetness didn't overwhelm the taste and my husband and I kept looking at each other as if we were tasting heaven on earth! Unfortunately, for me, I'm dreaming of how I can have this cake weekly now but I am resisting the incredible urge to do so. You won't regret working with her either. I know her personally and she is a special person. World Class!

Sent on 11/03/2016

Sue · Married on 10/22/2016

Cake was so very beautiful! Even better than we had expected! The flavors were wonderful. Thank you so very much Marion!

Sent on 10/25/2016