Vermont Sweet Tooth Reviews

Vermont Sweet Tooth 5
Vermont Sweet Tooth 6
Vermont Sweet Tooth 7

Christina · Married on 09/29/2018

Marion was outstanding! She responded to messages quickly, was always in communication and happy to adjust to our needs, and she did a stellar job. Not only were our cake and cupcakes gorgeous but they were also delicious. No one could believe that the flowers weren't real, and even guests who don't typically like cake just LOVED ours. We highly recommend Vermont Sweet Tooth. Marion made our wildest dreams come true.

Vermont Sweet Tooth 11
    Vermont Sweet Tooth 12
    Vermont Sweet Tooth 13
    Vermont Sweet Tooth 14
    Vermont Sweet Tooth 15

Judith · Married on 09/22/2018

Scrumptious and Beautiful Wedding Cake!

The moment I read Marion's story about Vermont Sweet Tooth, I knew I wanted her to make our wedding cake. The day we both sat down in her kitchen to try 3 heaping pieces of her most popular cakes, I died and went to wedding cake heaven. Not only are Marion's cakes perfectly scrumptious and slightly decadent, her warmth and dedication to creating a truly unique and beautiful cake that represents you is apparent. I couldn't recommend Vermont Sweet Tooth enough! We chose a relatively simple cake with handcrafted sugar peonies, dahlias and garden roses to decorate the top with (which we can save forever!). It was a pleasure to meet and work with Marion and I'm truly grateful for the pleasure her cake brought to us and our guests!

Melinda · Married on 09/15/2018

I can't say enough how wonderful it is to work with Marion Peer on my wedding cake. I've heard many sad stories where B&G's were disappointed with their cakes and I knew the minute I saw Marion's design that my wedding cake is going to be the catering highlight of the night! It was unique, beautiful and delicious! Marion has a way of interpreting your vision and style into the cake she designs - it's just amazing! We received many fantastic comments about our wedding cake and we can't wait to have our anniversary cake! Thank you so so much, Marion! You are so sweet to work with! You are six stars in my opinion.

• Trey

Trey · Married on 08/11/2018

Marion was an absolute joy to work with. She is a true artist! We could not believe the level of detail that went into our cake. She was super flexible and willing to do whatever we asked. Her sugar flowers are masterpieces. This was the best experience that we could have asked for. Seriously, you can end your search here.

Gabrielle · Married on 06/23/2018

I highly recommend using Vermont Sweet Tooth for your wedding cake. Working with Marion was amazing! I was planning our wedding from Washington state which made finding vendors a little harder, but Marion was kind and responsive from the moment I contacted her. Our cake was absolutely incredible - it tasted delicious, sweet vanilla with fresh strawberries, and it looked like something out of a magazine with beautifully crafted, hyper-realistic blush and white peonies. My husband didn't believe me when I told him the sugar flowers weren't real, he thought I was kidding until he actually touched them and felt that they were made of sugar! Marion is a true artist.

Caitlin · Married on 06/16/2018

Marion made the most beautiful, delicious wedding cake I could have imagined. First off, she welcomed us into her home for a taste testing and was very accommodating. She created my dream wedding cake and made the most beautiful sugar flowers that my guests were convinced were real! She also made my beloved dog out of sugar and her attention to detail is incredible. Not only was her cake stunning and contained so much detail, it was the most delicious cake we had ever had! I usually am a chocolate fan, but we went with her lemon cake which was so fresh and yummy! I highly recommend and couldn't be any happier with our cake and overall experience!

Lillian · Married on 12/16/2017

I would recommend you look no further than Marion and Vermont Sweet Tooth when it's time to make your wedding cake decision in Stowe! From our initial tasting in Marion's beautiful kitchen where we were able to taste six different flavors of cake to our wedding day, everything was seamless and delicious. Marion was very responsive and easy to work with over email and the cake was more beautiful and delicious than I could have dreamed. We had 205 guests and decided on a chocolate fudge chunk and vanilla bourbon layer cake with vanilla buttercream frosting. The four tier cake was served to the tables and it was so good that by the end of the wedding, every plate was wiped clean and every guest raved about how great it tasted. The cake's flowers (which matched the flowers on the tables) were all hand-crafted from sugar and we saved them as a keepsake from our special day. Thank you for everything Marion!

Vermont Sweet Tooth 16
    Vermont Sweet Tooth 17

Raquel · Married on 10/13/2017

My husband and I live in San Antonio, Texas and recently got married in Vermont after 25 years. I called Marion 3 weeks before my wedding hoping I could order a special cake for my husband for our special day and stressed how important getting this cake for him was. As busy as Marion was with several wedding orders for the week/weekend, she accepted my order request and made the most beautiful and delicious Bourbon and Vanilla Bean cake with a beautiful peony flower that I was able to keep as a keepsake after. My husband was very Happy, our guests loved the cake and my peony flower made to back to Texas and is beautifully displayed with our wedding portrait. Thank you Marion for helping make our Wedding Day so special and memorable.!!!

Vermont Sweet Tooth 18

Susan · Married on 09/17/2017

Love Vermont Sweet Tooth!! Marion is great to work with and provided cupcakes for our daughter's wedding. Delicious and Beautiful!! We choose the Bourbon Vanilla Bean with Maple Buttercream frosting. They were presented with a dusting of edible glitter with a maple jelly bean on top! Guests were raving about them!! Luckily, I was able to sneak home a few after the wedding! Yummy!! Thank you Marion for helping make the day so perfect!

Karen · Married on 08/11/2017

We had a cake made for our 55Th wedding anniversary and the guests are still raving about it!! There was not a crumb left! Highly recommended!

D · Married on 06/24/2017

Look no further! You will LOVE Marion at Sweet Tooth Vermont!

Her warmth and genuine interest in our story and wedding wishes came through the moment we entered her charming home for our tasting. The three flavors of cake we tasted were so amazing that we had to incorporate all of them into our cake!

Marion lovingly created an edible treasure which perfectly meshed with our theme of modern elegance with a touch of whimsy. Her flowers - made entirely of sugar paste - are truly works of art and she surprised our guests by adding an adorable sculpture of our french bulldog! As a bonus, we get to have both as keepsakes of Marion’s stunning creation and our wonderful celebration.
    Not only was our cake a gorgeous focal point at our reception but every guest raved about how scrumptious it was!

We cannot recommend Sweet Tooth Vermont highly enough! Marion is a gem and a sweetheart! Her cakes are beautiful, flavorful, personal and memorable!

Chris and Clara · Married on 06/10/2017

Simply the best!! My son and his fiance are having twins. For their tea party themed baby shower we were lucky enough to have Marion create their cake. It was absolutely fantastic in every way!! From our first conversation, Marion took a keen interest in both Chris and Clara and their English sheep dog, Gus! She asked questions about each of them, and even the color of Gus's tail! The cake was just exquisite in both presentation and taste!! A real vanilla buttercream frosting with chocolate filling was so delicious!! Plus, Marion topped the cake off with (a hardened sugar paste ) a delightful teacup, holding twin babies, and, of course, shaggy haired Gus, peering over the top of the cup, garnished with delicate leaves surrounding them. A one of a kind masterpiece - which Chris and Clara are keeping forever in a shadow box to share with their girls for years to come. Priceless!!

Meredith · Married on 06/08/2017

My husband and I recently got married in Vermont but live in Illinois. We had do to most of our planning through email or over the phone. Getting into contact with Marion was so easy, compared to other vendors we had to deal with. She is so personable and knowledgeable to work with through email and on the phone. Since we weren't able to do a taste tasting with Marion in Vermont we requested samples. They were absolutely delicious! We couldn't just choose one flavor. We ended up doing a smaller birch tree wedding cake and two different kinds of cupcakes.
    When time came for us to pick everything up from Marion I was blown away when seeing our wedding cake for the first time. It was so above and beyond what I could ever imagined. Marion put so much detail into everything. She hand crafted flowers to look exactly like our wedding flowers. We are also able to display them after our wedding, which makes it extra special. Everything was absolutely perfect in every way! Our guests also loved every bite too!
    I would highly recommend Marion at Vermont Sweet Tooth!

Lauren · Married on 06/04/2017

We worked with Marion for over a year with our wedding planning. She was extremely responsive, personable, knowledgeable and offered guidance, support and love every step of the way! We live out of state, so my now mother in law went to do our tasting on our behalf and could not have had more fun with Marion and felt very welcomed. Marion was great about sending pictures since we were so far away for planning and went above and beyond to make sure we had the exact cake we wanted. The cake was so beautifully done and was a HUGE hit at our wedding! We had a naked vanilla bean cake with the maple buttercream and fresh berries as garnish. Every single guest raved about this cake....and my dad even went around stealing bites from others because he couldn't get enough! Vermont Sweet Tooth is without a doubt the place to go for your wedding cake if you're anywhere close to Stowe! I would recommend over and over and over. The sugar flowers were the flowers we had in our wedding and they are immaculately made and beautiful to look at. Marion makes sure you can preserve them as memories forever. She also helps us keep celebrating by offering a special anniversary wedding cake treat when we're back in Stowe....which we for sure will be and can't wait to visit Marion! Thank you again Vermont Sweet Tooth and Marion for being such an important part of our special day.

Catherine · Married on 03/11/2017

My only advice is to DO IT! From the initial tasting, to the planning, to the rapid responsiveness, to the genuine caring and interest that Marion showed us, Vermont Sweet Tooth is the absolute best! We were blown away by the work of art that our finished cake was, and it tasted amazing. And, best of all, we get to keep the detailed sugar sculptures as mementos of our special day and the unique creation that Marion crafted for us.

Julie · Married on 11/01/2016

I had heard Marion's cakes are as tasty as they look and quite simply, they taste as spectacular as they look. I've never tasted a cake as yummy as her's in all of my 51 years. (My cake was a birthday treat.) The sweetness didn't overwhelm the taste and my husband and I kept looking at each other as if we were tasting heaven on earth! Unfortunately, for me, I'm dreaming of how I can have this cake weekly now but I am resisting the incredible urge to do so. You won't regret working with her either. I know her personally and she is a special person. World Class!

Sue · Married on 10/22/2016

Cake was so very beautiful! Even better than we had expected! The flavors were wonderful. Thank you so very much Marion!

Kirsten · Married on 10/22/2016

I can't imagine working with any other vendor. Our cake was exactly what we wanted, and everyone commented on how realistic our birch tree cake looked! It is another level of artistry. Often times I assume beautiful cakes can't possibly taste good...but Marion's cake is actually the best I've EVER had. We got the lemony snicket and chocolate fudge chunk, and they're simply the best flavors on the planet. I'm lucky enough that we had some leftover cake, and I've been eating it every day! She is so thoughtful and personal with her cakes, too. She is giving us a free anniversary cake topper when we come back up to the area for our anniversary, too. I couldn't be more pleased. We had looked at a couple others in the area before we found Marion, and i won't mention names, but they were pretentious and not very tasty. Marion's cakes check every box. Even the sugar flowers on the cake look completely real! Hands down - work with Marion.

Nada · Married on 10/06/2016

Don't even hesitate and do not bother looking elsewhere. Just get your cake here. Marion is AMAZING. Sweet, thoughtful, and she makes the best cakes in the state. I did cake tastings elsewhere and was charged anywhere from $25-$40 for mediocre cake I would not even serve at a child's birthday party. Then, we happened upon Vermont Sweet Tooth. First of all, it speaks volumes in my opinion, that Marion does not charge for a cake tasting. I assume this is because she knows that once you taste her cakes, there is nowhere else you would even consider ordering from. She was lovely and extremely helpful and responsive through the entire process. The cake she made us was perfect and exactly what we had asked for and the price was way lower than what we had anticipated when we first budgeted for our wedding cake! I wish I did not live out of state, or else I would come to Marion for every cake-worthy event! Do not waste your time going anywhere else.

Marion is the absolute BEST. My husband and I had the very best time at our tasting with Marion and truly enjoyed getting to know her. She is so sweet and generous! Marion made us a beautiful cake, incorporating sugar flowers based on our wedding flowers. We had carrot, chocolate chunk, and lemon cake and they went SO fast! If I can recommend anything, it is to make sure you have enough because Marion's cakes are so good that even those guests who aren't necessarily "dessert" people will want to have some too. You can't go wrong working with Marion!

Jacob · Married on 09/17/2016

Marion at Vermont Sweet Tooth is an absolute artist. Her cakes are not only delicious, but they the most beautiful i have ever seen. She works with the couple to make it 100% unique, and the flowers and details she is able to construct out of sugar (yes ALL the flowers in the photos above are made out of sugar, and not real flowers!!) are simply incredible.

Carolyn · Married on 09/10/2016

My Husband and I were married in Waitsfield, VT in September, and were SO LUCKY to have Marion and VT Sweet Tooth create our cake! We met with Marion in January, and she gave us a hearty sampling of her top 3 flavors- Vanilla Bourbon, Lemon, and Double Fudge Chink. Oh my goodness! We both agreed that it was by far the best cake we have ever had! We loved the flavors so much that we actually ordered sheet cakes in each flavor, as well as a very unique 3 tiered wedding cake (It resembled Birch slabs). Which brings me to my next rave- Marion’s cakes aren’t just… cakes. She is a true artist. We worked with her for months leading up to the wedding so that she could design (out of 100% edible sugar paste) sugar flowers, and toppers of myself and my husband in our wedding gear along with our 2 cats. They looked INCREDIBLE! Everybody was talking about how much the toppers looked like us… she even got my husband’s beard right! People often talk about how wedding cake doesn’t taste good, but Marion’s cakes are truly out of this world.

Marion was the best! The cake was so beautiful! She makes all the sugar flowers by hand and is so attentive to detail, working with my florist to make sure they matched. She is a pleasure to work with and was so sweet through the whole process. Our cake did end up melting before we cut it (it was hot and she doesn't use fondant - which means it tastes better) but we didn't care because we got the photos we wanted and it still tasted great! The next day everyone was raving about how delicious our cake was.

Lara · Married on 08/06/2016

Marion is a true artist and a gracious professional. She created a work of art exactly how we envisioned our perfect cake. And her sugar flowers belong in a museum. AND the cake was delicious!!! She generously and professional made the wedding day coordination very easy and went the extra mile.