Vermont Farms Catering Reviews

Vermont Farms Catering 7
  • Caoimhe

Caoimhe Browne · Married on 09/21/2019

best wedding food ever

My now husband and I love food, and we knew it would be a big focus for our wedding as we have had not-so-great food at weddings in the past. When we booked Riverside Farm we knew that we were going to be using their caterers and we were apprehensive but looking forward to a tasting to see if it would match what we were hoping for. They EXCEEDED any expectations we could have had. They use such amazing ingredients, and create beautiful and interesting seasonal dishes that everyone at our wedding was raving about. We decided to do Family Style as our wedding was quite large and it worked out so perfectly. The food was hot and delicious, and everyone was able to try everything they wanted to! We also had a variety of guests with food restrictions, and they made amazing dishes for them specifically that were also raved about. If you can book them for your wedding, do it. Don't question it. They are the best around.

Sent on 10/09/2019
  • Ashley

Ashley · Married on 08/24/2019

Would hire vermont farms catering again & again - outstanding!

Kevin, Katie and their entire Vermont Farms Catering team were absolutely incredible!! They catered our entire wedding weekend (al fresco rehearsal dinner, wedding day, and Sunday brunch) and every single aspect blew our exceptions away. They were beyond accommodating with all of our special requests & wishes for each event and made them all possible (including mini patron bottles for our signature drinks)! People say you don't eat on your wedding night, but the team made SURE my husband and I (and both of our parents) were given extra attention so we could enjoy all of the amazing food and drinks. Our guests did not stop raving about the food all weekend, and providing family style for over 170 is no easy task! I can not say enough wonderful things about VFC and would hire them over and over if I could!

Sent on 09/03/2019

Daniel · Married on 08/10/2019

Simply the best in the business!

Vermont Farms Catering is spectacular! Our wedding guests were blown away by the quality of the food, service and attention to detail that they brought to the table. We received countless compliments about how delicious dinner was. Prior to the wedding, Katie and Kevin worked with us to create the perfect menu. They were also very careful to ensure that any food allergies or dietary restrictions were well cared for. After our tasting, we couldn't wait until our wedding day - just so all of our friends and family could eat this delicious meal! If you choose Vermont Farms Catering, you will be in wonderful hands.

Sent on 10/09/2019

Alison J Parker · Married on 07/13/2019

Amazing Team, Incredible Food

Run, don’t walk to hire Vermont Farms Catering for your event. Seriously, Kevin and his team are amazing. The food is simply incredible, and they are a dream to work with. Our wedding included foodies to picky eaters and absolutely everyone loved the food. I, personally, find myself somewhere in the middle -- not terribly adventurous and I have foods I generally stay away from. Kevin is so good that he created dishes during our tasting that I never would order on my own but ended up adding to our wedding menu because of how he prepared it. I also can’t say enough about the staff. They were awesome day of – making sure my husband and I ate and that the whole service process went off without a hitch.

Sent on 07/31/2019
    Vermont Farms Catering 12
    Vermont Farms Catering 13
  • James

James Pinkham · Married on 06/22/2019

An amazing part of our day

So many people told us that their tasting was the favorite part of their wedding planning because of the food. We loved it because of the food AND the people. The team was fantastic, super responsive, and it felt like we were chatting with friends who cared about us and wanted our day to be perfect. The food was perfect, the service was top tier, and I can't think of too many of my friends who took time out of their wedding day to pop into the kitchen just to say hi to the caterers because they treated us like extended family from day one. We would recommend Vermont Farms Catering to anyone at any time!

Sent on 07/29/2019
  • Susannah

Susannah · Married on 06/01/2019

Delicious Doesn't Even begin to Cover It

I am not sure how to even begin this review as there are so many things I want to say about how wonderful Vermont Farms Catering is. We used VT Farms for food, drink, and even our cake! They delivered on all fronts. Kevin and Katie are a dream team. They are responsive, accommodating, and some of the nicest people you will meet. They worked with us to create a menu that was unique to us and represented who we are as a couple. They created a custom grilled cheese bites with tomato soup shooters for us as well as late night pretzel bites (because we love pretzels).

Their wait staff was incredibly friendly and professional. They brought us our own plate of all of the appetizers to make sure that we didn't miss out due to photos and getting caught in conversation. Various members of the waitstaff also kept checking in with us to make sure that we had gotten enough to eat and to offer to bring us whatever we needed. I felt so taken care of.

Now on to the food. Bottom line: I have never had better food at a wedding, or really anywhere, for that matter. I still dream about the short ribs and the miso bacon. We had our meal served family style. The meals were all served around the same time and everything was the perfect temperature. The cake they made for us was charmingly rustic as well as delicious and was far cheaper than hiring a baker. The late night pretzel bites were a huge hit and one of my favorite moments was watching the server dance her way through the crowd offering pretzel bites to people!

If you are looking for a caterer in the VT/NH area, look no further! They are worth every penny (and are reasonably priced), and your belly and guests will thank you.

Sent on 06/15/2019

pam · Married on 10/06/2018

highly recommend!

The best! If you are considering using VFC do yourself a favor and book them. Kevin and Katie were very easy and enjoyable to work with. The food and service were amazing. Guests are still raving about the food at our wedding. Thanks VFC!!

Sent on 10/22/2018
  • Shelby

Shelby · Married on 10/06/2018

Amazing Bar service

I hired VT Farms Catering for my bar service for my wedding and couldn't be happier. The staff was friendly and fun. We did a cash bar and the prices were very reasonable and we were able to pick local beers and cider to have there. They were also able to fulfill my request to have warm apple cider. Very flexible and helpful. Highly recommend!!!!

Sent on 10/25/2018
    Vermont Farms Catering 14
    Vermont Farms Catering 15
    Vermont Farms Catering 16

Alison · Married on 09/29/2018

SO GOOD. We got married at Riverside Farm so we had to use VFC but they were SO GOOD I can’t imagine how a caterer could get any better. My husband works in food so he was apprehensive about not getting to hand select a caterer, but after our tasting he was smitten and he said the food the night of our wedding was even better than the tasting! We got compliments constantly from welcome dinner, to cocktail hour, to dinner and then brunch- people were obsessed, including us. Plus, we went to their store (Pittsfield General Store) as much as we possibly could while we were in town bc the sandwiches are amazing.

Katie was so great to work with - she’s clear, concise and responsive. She made planning a breeze and was super flexible with headcount and meal counts, giving us way more time to finalize than I thought we’d get. Our cakes were made by a friend and Katie let us drop them off at her store on Friday and she delivered them without us doing a single thing on Saturday.

Delicious!!!

Sent on 10/04/2018
  • krissy

krissy · Married on 08/11/2018

Best food we've ever had at a wedding!

Vermont Farms is exactly what you dream of when you think of an event in Vermont - high end fresh delicious farm to table food, country with just the right amount of fancy! We had three events (welcome BBQ, reception and farewell brunch) , and the entire weekend our guests RAVED about the food! Kevin and Katie were wonderful to work with from start to finish - we had a blast at the tasting and they even let us bring a few friends, they incorporated all of our food requests into the menu, including requested signature drinks and specialty cocktails/beers, as well as took into consideration all of our guests needs from kids meals/vegetarian/vegan requests to food allergies, and even served special sauces I requested for certain tables (sriracha/hot sauce...) . Katie is an incredible baker and made us a wedding cake cheesecake )in the style I wanted with the design I asked for.... (uhmmm literally the best cheesecake I've ever had!! not just saying that!) For the rest of the guests they put out an incredible dessert table. Everything was not only delicious, but the presentation was beautiful. Its amazing that they can serve up such amazing food for a large crowd, but they do! And its nothing short of exceptional. Thank you to Chef Kevin and Katie and their amazing team!

Sent on 11/08/2018

Lauren · Married on 05/26/2018

We cannot rave enough about this company. Their food is amazing - we ordered the tartar and taco station for the cocktail hour and our guests kept telling us that they loved these options so much they didn't even need dinner afterwards. We especially recommend the tartar station - insanely good. The buffet dinner was definitely worth waiting for however - every single item was delicious. We only wished afterward that we were hungrier to eat more! The cake and pie bar were also much praised by our guests. There was plenty of food for all our guests. We were also thrilled with the bar services and appreciated their help beforehand choosing local VT beers. However, as grateful as we were for the food, we were completely blown away by how far above and beyond they went to help us out with the organization, set up and tear down of the venue. They brought all the linens and glassware for us and set these up beautifully after setting up the tables in our barn-like venue. Throughout the event, they were constantly setting up areas like the cocktail hour and tearing them down to set up something else, like the buffet. In among all of this, they also managed to bring us food and drinks during the cocktail hour when we were taking pictures. They then tore down some of the tables so we could have an area to dance after dinner and plated extra food for us for afterward. They did this all so smoothly I don't think our guests really realized anything was happening. We absolutely cannot recommend VT Farms Catering enough.

Sent on 06/01/2018

Kate · Married on 10/08/2017

YES! if you are shopping around for a caterer in the stowe/burlington area.....stop looking. Go with Vermont Farms. Katie and Kevin not only made a menu that fit the "fall theme" i was looking for but also made it entirely gluten free for me. They were so fantastic to work with, had incredible waitstaff, the food was amazing.. all of my guests RAVED about the food. And the price..cant beat it! Vermont Farms is simply amazing...nothing even remotely negative to report. I am so happy with our choice in caterer!

Sent on 10/13/2017

Justin · Married on 10/08/2017

Katie and Kevin are great. They provided great food, great service, and a great day for us. Their place in Pittsfield is really cool, I highly suggest you stop in and get acquainted with them. They're good people who run a great business. Can't recommend them enough!

Sent on 10/16/2017

Abigail · Married on 09/16/2017

The incredibly talented duo from Vermont Farms Catering are simply phenomenal! Kevin and Katie wow’ed us, our parents, and all of our guests with a delicious and unique farm to table experience. Katie and Kevin catered our Welcome BBQ, Cocktail Hour, and Reception (with desserts) – as well as the plethora of guests that visited their adorable and beautiful General Store throughout the weekend! We continue to receive compliments that it was the best food they have had at a wedding and many have even said it was the best meals they have ever had!

Before the big weekend, we spoke to 2-3 couples who worked with VFC and they all RAVED about the food as well as their experience working with Katie and Kevin. VFC pays impeccable attention to the details and presentation of everything they serve. Everything they offered was a visual delight and tasted even better than it looked. They listened to all of our ideas and feedback. They went out of their way to get to know us as a couple which, in turn, translated into a truly personalized catering experience. From the beginning, they made it clear that they wanted our wedding to be filled with the foods and drinks that we loved and helped us to create our perfect menu. We knew they had an extremely busy schedule – especially since our wedding was during prime wedding season – however they were dedicated to making your day perfect and were always available to answer questions or offer suggestions/advice – and their staff was extremely professional, attentive and friendly. I never had to wait or look for someone if I needed something or had a question, someone was always right there, ready and eager to help in any way. Our guests were very impressed with their ability to tend to every need and request. I can’t say enough about VFC but can PROMISE you, you won’t be disappointed! They made our wedding weekend one we will NEVER forget!!!

Sent on 10/17/2017

Benjamin · Married on 09/03/2017

Kevin and Vermont Farms Catering provided the food not just for my wedding reception, but for several other meals for my guests throughout our long holiday weekend destination wedding in Vermont. My friends and family can't stop raving about how good the food was. The food was amazingly delicious, plentiful, beautiful to look at, and different from boring options I have seen elsewhere. Kevin and Katie will help work with any food allergies or restrictions to make the most wonderful menu you could dream of! I could not have been any happier. Thank you so much for the amazing food, service, and job you did!!!!! If you are looking for a caterer - HIRE THESE PEOPLE NOW!!!

Sent on 09/13/2017

Tyson · Married on 07/01/2017

We had torrential rains and major changes for the dining and cocktail service at our wedding. Katie and Kevin were ready to make it all work. VT Farms catering and their team are easy to work with, very accommodating, and were critical in helping us pull off a soggy but fun filled wedding. Thanks so much for all their efforts and hard work!

Sent on 10/05/2017

abbey · Married on 08/06/2016

Everything was amazing! My guests are still raving about the delicious food, beautiful presentation and friendly staff. I highly recommend them!

Sent on 08/18/2016

Amy · Married on 08/06/2016

Vermont Farms Catering is a highly professional company with a family atmosphere among the entire staff. Their attention to detail every step of the way makes planning a wedding completely stress free. They are incredibly nice, incredibly hard working, accommodating, friendly, competent, and thorough. Kevin, Katie, and Jess were involved every step of the way and did not let a single detail fall through the cracks. Our wedding was not an easy one. The space was very large and spread out, there was only a rustic barn for prep and the servers had to walk a very long distance (down an uneven, dark grassy path) to the dining tent. When faced with this challenge, Kevin and the entire staff of servers did not flinch. They were all smiling throughout the entire evening making their hard work look easy. The food was also fantastic, from the amazing selection of cheeses during cocktail hour, to the mini cheeseburgers, lobster club, and the ahi poke passed appetizers, to the beautifully presented and totally delicious entrees. As an event planner myself for a large San Francisco catering company, I can say with great confidence that Vermont Farms Catering has to be the best catering company in Vermont.

Sent on 08/23/2016

Christopher · Married on 05/21/2016

We recently had our wedding at Riverside Farms in Pittsfield, VT. Katie and Kevin were so easy and fun to work with! Laid back, professional, and made all the stresses of a wedding not stressful at all. The food for all of our events was excellent! It's been a month, and we are still hearing that not only was the food at our wedding the best "wedding food" some of our guests ever had, but the best FOOD they have ever eaten! So so delicious! Thanks guys to you and your staff for being part of the best weekend of our lives!

Sent on 06/21/2016

melissa · Married on 05/21/2016

The dynamic catering couple that own Vermont Farms Catering are simply phenomenal! Kevin and Katie will wow your guests with a genuine farm to table experience. Our wedding utilized Vermont Farms Catering for our Welcome Party/Rehearsal Dinner, Reception (with desserts), and Sunday Brunch- our guests (even the pickiest and most difficult to please) continue to rave about the food. We have genuinely not heard one complaint or negative comment. We continue to receive compliments that not only was this the best wedding food our guests had ever eaten, but many have confessed it was the best meals they have ever eaten. Vermont Farms Catering pays impeccable attention to the details and presentation of everything they serve. The appetizers were a visual delight and tasted better than they looked. As a bride, you always hear that you don't have enough time to eat at your own wedding. I refused to leave the head table until my entire steak and mashed potato plate was gone. Book a tasting with them, and I promise you will not regret it!
    Katie and Kevin are a young, down to earth, creative pair that are very easy to work with and always willing to meet with us whenever we felt it was needed. They wanted our wedding to be filled with the foods we love and helped us to create our perfect menu. They are extremely flexible with accommodating food allergies, kids menus, special diets, and most importantly your budget. They are dedicated to making your day perfect. They were even able to fulfill my husband's wishes to have local craft beer served- our guests couldn't believe variety of beer, wine and liquor (that we were able to choose) that was served.
    I would also like to compliment the staff of this catering service. The entire weekend the ladies and gentlemen in their staff were professional, very attentive, fun and friendly. Our guests were very impressed with their ability to tend to every need and request without ever being intrusive. Simply perfection!

Sent on 06/25/2016

Polly · Married on 04/02/2016

Book these guys! You won't regret it! EVERYTHING was top-notch!

Sent on 06/30/2016

Colleen · Married on 10/17/2015

We had our wedding this past weekend at Riverside Farm and Vermont Farms Catering did an absolutely amazing job. Katie and Kevin worked with us from day one on creating a menu for the entire weekend that would wow our guests. They paid attention to every single detail and made sure everyone was taken care of. People have been commenting non stop on how its not only the best wedding food they have ever had, but a once in a lifetime experience and some of the best food they have ever tasted. We were thrilled with the presentation, the quality of the food and the entire package that they provided of a farm to table meal. Fresh, local and excellent. Not only was the food delicious, but they catered to the needs of guests with special requests. My good friend who is gluten free/dairy free and had requested a special meal said its the best she has eaten in months. Katie and Kevin do not only provide an amazing catering experience, but they go above and beyond to make the whole entire presentation of food a beautiful part of the wedding. There are no words to really describe the unique gift that they bring to the table (no pun intended) but they did not just cater our wedding, they really made the wedding special. I feel as though after planning the wedding and searching high and low for good service and vendors who have passion for what they do and CARE about what product/service they provide it wasn't just a breath of fresh air but I felt like we won the lottery when we met Katie and Kevin because I feel their passion came through on every plate they made. Thank you so much for being such an integral part of the wedding and we can't wait to see you at The Backroom. --- Colleen and Alex

Sent on 10/19/2015

Tony · Married on 09/19/2015

My son and daughter in law recently got married at Vermont's Riverside Farm and the catering by Katie and Kevin of Vermont Farms Catering throughout the entire wedding weekend was outstanding! From Friday's rehearsal dinner and welcome reception thru Saturdays wedding reception and Sunday's closing brunch, the catering was perfect! Delicious food and drink, all themed and prepared very well, with ample portions and all served professionally and beautifully. We would highly recommend Vermont Farms Catering. Thank you Kevin & Katie! Tony & Janice DiBona

Sent on 10/07/2015

Marsh · Married on 08/22/2015

We could not have been happier with these guys. Kevin (chef) was super helpful and easy going as we decided on a menu and the whole process was totally stress free. My wife and I are both foodies and have pretty high standards and we absolutely loved the food. We had a meat and cheese station that was gorgeous and super tasty followed a buffet-style dinner. The 'House Made Gnocchi with Fresh Corn and Summer Truffle' was the hit of the evening. The staff was super friendly and happy and everyone that attended was impressed all around. We hired these guys based on reading their bios here: http://www.vermontfarmscatering.com/our-team/. Given their pedigrees I wasn't surprised that they could deliver but they exceeded my expectations! Highly recommended.

Sent on 08/28/2015

Jon · Married on 08/08/2015

You don't get much better than the team at Vermont Farms Catering....the food, the service and the entire team are outstanding! If you're having a wedding or an event in the Vermont area, VT Farms Catering is as good as it gets.

Jon & Molly