Vermont Farms Catering Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2018 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2017 Winner

Stephen S. Married on 07/31/2021

Outstanding!

Kevin and Katie were incredible. They were so great to work with, provided recommendations and options that suited our tastes perfectly. Their food is fantastic, their staff was wonderful, and everything was perfect on our wedding. Highly recommend VT Farms Catering!
    Emily S. Married on 07/24/2021

Guests went back for thirds!

Kevin & Katie are the best caterers in the Upper Valley! We came to them with a menu idea -- an elevated summer picnic to match our barn wedding venue -- and they executed it perfectly. Our stationary appetizer spread was a thing of beauty and featured delicious local cheeses and meats. Our guests raved about the meal, especially the succotash, during the reception and afterwards many divulged they went back for seconds and thirds! The waitstaff was also so, so kind and attentive. When a guest had to leave before dinner due to a health issue, the Vermont Farms Catering team packed up a to-go box for them. If you want happy and well-fed guests, hire Vermont Farms Catering!
  • Amanda
    Amanda C. Married on 07/17/2021

Best wedding food I’ve ever had

I cannot say enough about VT Farms Catering. We’ve had EVERYONE from our wedding comment about how much they loved the food, many people even asked for contact info after the fact. The dinner was absolutely amazing, the desserts were out of this world, and Kevin and Katie and there entire team are so kind and easy going and made everything perfect. We have a lot of allergies in our family and they accommodated everyone without blinking an eye. We had dairy free gluten free nut free desserts and entrees that our guests with allergies said was some of the best they’ve ever had. The prices are phenomenal, and Katie and Kevin even put together sliders, fries and pretzels with dipping sauces for our after party. I cannot recommend them enough!!!! The cost included appetizers, dinner, multiple dessert options, and a full bar for the entire night!
  • Megan
    Megan G. Married on 05/22/2021

VFC Wedding Reception Catering/Bartending

We used VFC for catering and bartending at our wedding reception 5/22/21. From start to finish, Kevin and Katie were exceptional to work with. We started our wedding planning just as COVID hit and all email communications were prompt, thorough, and professional. When COVID forced us to cancel our large reception at an inn and plan one within state guidelines, they were flexible and adventurous as they adapted to our new plan - which involved cooking and serving at a small private venue in the woods up a class 4 road! They were conscious of our budget and even helped me plan tableware (we used both rentals and compostable plates, reusable cups). They arrived at the venue eager to help with set up. Presentation of the bar, charcuterie station, appetizers and meals were detailed and beautiful. Chef Kevin was attentive to those with dietary restrictions. Their staff were beyond attentive - without even asking, we had our own personal appetizer plate and on multiple occasions someone brought me a drink when they noticed it was empty. And then, to top it all off, the food was AMAZING! Nothing but positive comments from all our guests. I would highly recommend them for wedding events.
    Victoria T. Married on 11/21/2020

Absolutely AMAZING!!

My husband and I had to cancel and re-plan our wedding multiple times because of COVID and we ended up having a small and somewhat last minute wedding with our immediate families. I found Vermont Farms Catering from wedding wire and decided to have them cater our cocktail hour, reception dinner, and desert. Kevin was so easy to work with. He was extremely responsive, honest, and flexible. They were absolutely AMAZING!!! It was by far the BEST food we ever had at a wedding and one of the best meals we’ve ever had. Vermont Farms Catering completely blew our expectations. Everything was SO delicious and everyone was awesome to work with. They were so flexible and willing to modify anything so our day was perfect. We 100% would work with Kevin and his team again. Our families are still talking about how delicious the food was and how impressed they were. Kevin and his team are so talented! The food was incredible and the service was also amazing! They definitely went the extra mile and had everything covered. Kevin even brought out some of the hor dourves to my husband and I during pictures since we were running all over the place! They also helped with our set up and made sure all of the candles were lit when we got back from pictures. Everything was perfect. I cannot say enough good things about the food, desert, and service. VT Farms made our day even better than we ever imagined. Highly highly recommend!!
  • Kirsten
    Kirsten H. Married on 10/03/2020

Absolutely freaking amazing!

Katie and Kevin were the most amazing people to work with. If you want simply delicious food you need to hire them for your wedding. We had to reschedule or wedding 2 times because of COVID and they were so understanding and flexible. When it came to the wedding the food was absolutely to die for. All of our guests could not stop talking about the apps and entrees that were served. I’m so happy that we got the chance to work with them. Great people and great food!
  • Cassandra
    Cassandra D. Married on 10/03/2020

Simply Amazing Food!

VFC was wonderful to work with. Katie did such a great job crafting our menus and making sure that my husband had all the craft beer that he wanted. When COVID threw a wrench in the way things were served, Katie came up with creative solutions including table tasting plates and trays for the rehearsal dinner and cocktail hour, our reception late night snack wrapped to go, and single serve sandwiches, breads, and pastries for the farewell brunch. The quality and deliciousness of the food can not be understated. Every single one of our guests finished everything on their plate at the reception and said it was the best wedding food they had ever had! Further, the staff were really wonderful throughout the entire weekend.
    Kirsten E. Married on 08/15/2020

Hire them! Unbelievable experience!

We worked with VFC for our wedding reception. We originally had planned to get married in 2020. Our initial venue fell through, and we had to change the date. Katie and Kevin were extremely accommodating and easy going regarding our new plan. We knew from the moment we met them at our tasting in Pittsfield, that they would take great care of us. They brought Doug and I an individual appetizer plate to make sure we ate. Also, I was busy making the round, they boxed up my meal for me and wrote the sweetest note on top! I ended up devouring it on the dance floor! Not only are they extremely kind and generous, but the food was unbelievable. My husband and I had so many people tell us it was the best food they have ever had at a wedding. Definitely a highlight of our wedding! We can't wait to visit them again at the Backroom.
  • Caoimhe
    Caoimhe B. Married on 09/21/2019

best wedding food ever

My now husband and I love food, and we knew it would be a big focus for our wedding as we have had not-so-great food at weddings in the past. When we booked Riverside Farm we knew that we were going to be using their caterers and we were apprehensive but looking forward to a tasting to see if it would match what we were hoping for. They EXCEEDED any expectations we could have had. They use such amazing ingredients, and create beautiful and interesting seasonal dishes that everyone at our wedding was raving about. We decided to do Family Style as our wedding was quite large and it worked out so perfectly. The food was hot and delicious, and everyone was able to try everything they wanted to! We also had a variety of guests with food restrictions, and they made amazing dishes for them specifically that were also raved about. If you can book them for your wedding, do it. Don't question it. They are the best around.
  • Ashley
    Ashley Married on 08/24/2019

Would hire vermont farms catering again & again - outstanding!

Kevin, Katie and their entire Vermont Farms Catering team were absolutely incredible!! They catered our entire wedding weekend (al fresco rehearsal dinner, wedding day, and Sunday brunch) and every single aspect blew our exceptions away. They were beyond accommodating with all of our special requests & wishes for each event and made them all possible (including mini patron bottles for our signature drinks)! People say you don't eat on your wedding night, but the team made SURE my husband and I (and both of our parents) were given extra attention so we could enjoy all of the amazing food and drinks. Our guests did not stop raving about the food all weekend, and providing family style for over 170 is no easy task! I can not say enough wonderful things about VFC and would hire them over and over if I could!
    Daniel Married on 08/10/2019

Simply the best in the business!

Vermont Farms Catering is spectacular! Our wedding guests were blown away by the quality of the food, service and attention to detail that they brought to the table. We received countless compliments about how delicious dinner was. Prior to the wedding, Katie and Kevin worked with us to create the perfect menu. They were also very careful to ensure that any food allergies or dietary restrictions were well cared for. After our tasting, we couldn't wait until our wedding day - just so all of our friends and family could eat this delicious meal! If you choose Vermont Farms Catering, you will be in wonderful hands.
    Alison P. Married on 07/13/2019

Amazing Team, Incredible Food

Run, don’t walk to hire Vermont Farms Catering for your event. Seriously, Kevin and his team are amazing. The food is simply incredible, and they are a dream to work with. Our wedding included foodies to picky eaters and absolutely everyone loved the food. I, personally, find myself somewhere in the middle -- not terribly adventurous and I have foods I generally stay away from. Kevin is so good that he created dishes during our tasting that I never would order on my own but ended up adding to our wedding menu because of how he prepared it. I also can’t say enough about the staff. They were awesome day of – making sure my husband and I ate and that the whole service process went off without a hitch.
  • James
    James P. Married on 06/22/2019

An amazing part of our day

So many people told us that their tasting was the favorite part of their wedding planning because of the food. We loved it because of the food AND the people. The team was fantastic, super responsive, and it felt like we were chatting with friends who cared about us and wanted our day to be perfect. The food was perfect, the service was top tier, and I can't think of too many of my friends who took time out of their wedding day to pop into the kitchen just to say hi to the caterers because they treated us like extended family from day one. We would recommend Vermont Farms Catering to anyone at any time!
  • Susannah
    Susannah Married on 06/01/2019

Delicious Doesn't Even begin to Cover It

I am not sure how to even begin this review as there are so many things I want to say about how wonderful Vermont Farms Catering is. We used VT Farms for food, drink, and even our cake! They delivered on all fronts. Kevin and Katie are a dream team. They are responsive, accommodating, and some of the nicest people you will meet. They worked with us to create a menu that was unique to us and represented who we are as a couple. They created a custom grilled cheese bites with tomato soup shooters for us as well as late night pretzel bites (because we love pretzels).

Their wait staff was incredibly friendly and professional. They brought us our own plate of all of the appetizers to make sure that we didn't miss out due to photos and getting caught in conversation. Various members of the waitstaff also kept checking in with us to make sure that we had gotten enough to eat and to offer to bring us whatever we needed. I felt so taken care of.

Now on to the food. Bottom line: I have never had better food at a wedding, or really anywhere, for that matter. I still dream about the short ribs and the miso bacon. We had our meal served family style. The meals were all served around the same time and everything was the perfect temperature. The cake they made for us was charmingly rustic as well as delicious and was far cheaper than hiring a baker. The late night pretzel bites were a huge hit and one of my favorite moments was watching the server dance her way through the crowd offering pretzel bites to people!

If you are looking for a caterer in the VT/NH area, look no further! They are worth every penny (and are reasonably priced), and your belly and guests will thank you.
  • Shelby
    Shelby Married on 10/06/2018

Amazing Bar service

I hired VT Farms Catering for my bar service for my wedding and couldn't be happier. The staff was friendly and fun. We did a cash bar and the prices were very reasonable and we were able to pick local beers and cider to have there. They were also able to fulfill my request to have warm apple cider. Very flexible and helpful. Highly recommend!!!!
    Pam Married on 10/06/2018

highly recommend!

The best! If you are considering using VFC do yourself a favor and book them. Kevin and Katie were very easy and enjoyable to work with. The food and service were amazing. Guests are still raving about the food at our wedding. Thanks VFC!!
    Alison Married on 09/29/2018
    SO GOOD. We got married at Riverside Farm so we had to use VFC but they were SO GOOD I can’t imagine how a caterer could get any better. My husband works in food so he was apprehensive about not getting to hand select a caterer, but after our tasting he was smitten and he said the food the night of our wedding was even better than the tasting! We got compliments constantly from welcome dinner, to cocktail hour, to dinner and then brunch- people were obsessed, including us. Plus, we went to their store (Pittsfield General Store) as much as we possibly could while we were in town bc the sandwiches are amazing.

Katie was so great to work with - she’s clear, concise and responsive. She made planning a breeze and was super flexible with headcount and meal counts, giving us way more time to finalize than I thought we’d get. Our cakes were made by a friend and Katie let us drop them off at her store on Friday and she delivered them without us doing a single thing on Saturday.

Delicious!!!
  • krissy
    Krissy Married on 08/11/2018

Best food we've ever had at a wedding!

Vermont Farms is exactly what you dream of when you think of an event in Vermont - high end fresh delicious farm to table food, country with just the right amount of fancy! We had three events (welcome BBQ, reception and farewell brunch) , and the entire weekend our guests RAVED about the food! Kevin and Katie were wonderful to work with from start to finish - we had a blast at the tasting and they even let us bring a few friends, they incorporated all of our food requests into the menu, including requested signature drinks and specialty cocktails/beers, as well as took into consideration all of our guests needs from kids meals/vegetarian/vegan requests to food allergies, and even served special sauces I requested for certain tables (sriracha/hot sauce...) . Katie is an incredible baker and made us a wedding cake cheesecake )in the style I wanted with the design I asked for.... (uhmmm literally the best cheesecake I've ever had!! not just saying that!) For the rest of the guests they put out an incredible dessert table. Everything was not only delicious, but the presentation was beautiful. Its amazing that they can serve up such amazing food for a large crowd, but they do! And its nothing short of exceptional. Thank you to Chef Kevin and Katie and their amazing team!
    Lauren Married on 05/26/2018
    We cannot rave enough about this company. Their food is amazing - we ordered the tartar and taco station for the cocktail hour and our guests kept telling us that they loved these options so much they didn't even need dinner afterwards. We especially recommend the tartar station - insanely good. The buffet dinner was definitely worth waiting for however - every single item was delicious. We only wished afterward that we were hungrier to eat more! The cake and pie bar were also much praised by our guests. There was plenty of food for all our guests. We were also thrilled with the bar services and appreciated their help beforehand choosing local VT beers. However, as grateful as we were for the food, we were completely blown away by how far above and beyond they went to help us out with the organization, set up and tear down of the venue. They brought all the linens and glassware for us and set these up beautifully after setting up the tables in our barn-like venue. Throughout the event, they were constantly setting up areas like the cocktail hour and tearing them down to set up something else, like the buffet. In among all of this, they also managed to bring us food and drinks during the cocktail hour when we were taking pictures. They then tore down some of the tables so we could have an area to dance after dinner and plated extra food for us for afterward. They did this all so smoothly I don't think our guests really realized anything was happening. We absolutely cannot recommend VT Farms Catering enough.
    Justin Married on 10/08/2017
    Katie and Kevin are great. They provided great food, great service, and a great day for us. Their place in Pittsfield is really cool, I highly suggest you stop in and get acquainted with them. They're good people who run a great business. Can't recommend them enough!
    Kate Married on 10/08/2017
    YES! if you are shopping around for a caterer in the stowe/burlington area.....stop looking. Go with Vermont Farms. Katie and Kevin not only made a menu that fit the "fall theme" i was looking for but also made it entirely gluten free for me. They were so fantastic to work with, had incredible waitstaff, the food was amazing.. all of my guests RAVED about the food. And the price..cant beat it! Vermont Farms is simply amazing...nothing even remotely negative to report. I am so happy with our choice in caterer!
    Abigail Married on 09/16/2017
    The incredibly talented duo from Vermont Farms Catering are simply phenomenal! Kevin and Katie wow’ed us, our parents, and all of our guests with a delicious and unique farm to table experience. Katie and Kevin catered our Welcome BBQ, Cocktail Hour, and Reception (with desserts) – as well as the plethora of guests that visited their adorable and beautiful General Store throughout the weekend! We continue to receive compliments that it was the best food they have had at a wedding and many have even said it was the best meals they have ever had!

Before the big weekend, we spoke to 2-3 couples who worked with VFC and they all RAVED about the food as well as their experience working with Katie and Kevin. VFC pays impeccable attention to the details and presentation of everything they serve. Everything they offered was a visual delight and tasted even better than it looked. They listened to all of our ideas and feedback. They went out of their way to get to know us as a couple which, in turn, translated into a truly personalized catering experience. From the beginning, they made it clear that they wanted our wedding to be filled with the foods and drinks that we loved and helped us to create our perfect menu. We knew they had an extremely busy schedule – especially since our wedding was during prime wedding season – however they were dedicated to making your day perfect and were always available to answer questions or offer suggestions/advice – and their staff was extremely professional, attentive and friendly. I never had to wait or look for someone if I needed something or had a question, someone was always right there, ready and eager to help in any way. Our guests were very impressed with their ability to tend to every need and request. I can’t say enough about VFC but can PROMISE you, you won’t be disappointed! They made our wedding weekend one we will NEVER forget!!!
    Benjamin Married on 09/03/2017
    Kevin and Vermont Farms Catering provided the food not just for my wedding reception, but for several other meals for my guests throughout our long holiday weekend destination wedding in Vermont. My friends and family can't stop raving about how good the food was. The food was amazingly delicious, plentiful, beautiful to look at, and different from boring options I have seen elsewhere. Kevin and Katie will help work with any food allergies or restrictions to make the most wonderful menu you could dream of! I could not have been any happier. Thank you so much for the amazing food, service, and job you did!!!!! If you are looking for a caterer - HIRE THESE PEOPLE NOW!!!
    Tyson Married on 07/01/2017
    We had torrential rains and major changes for the dining and cocktail service at our wedding. Katie and Kevin were ready to make it all work. VT Farms catering and their team are easy to work with, very accommodating, and were critical in helping us pull off a soggy but fun filled wedding. Thanks so much for all their efforts and hard work!
    Amy Married on 08/06/2016
    Vermont Farms Catering is a highly professional company with a family atmosphere among the entire staff. Their attention to detail every step of the way makes planning a wedding completely stress free. They are incredibly nice, incredibly hard working, accommodating, friendly, competent, and thorough. Kevin, Katie, and Jess were involved every step of the way and did not let a single detail fall through the cracks. Our wedding was not an easy one. The space was very large and spread out, there was only a rustic barn for prep and the servers had to walk a very long distance (down an uneven, dark grassy path) to the dining tent. When faced with this challenge, Kevin and the entire staff of servers did not flinch. They were all smiling throughout the entire evening making their hard work look easy. The food was also fantastic, from the amazing selection of cheeses during cocktail hour, to the mini cheeseburgers, lobster club, and the ahi poke passed appetizers, to the beautifully presented and totally delicious entrees. As an event planner myself for a large San Francisco catering company, I can say with great confidence that Vermont Farms Catering has to be the best catering company in Vermont.