Vermilion Strings Reviews

57 | Lafayette, LA

57 Reviews for Vermilion Strings

Anya Burgess · Married on 03/09/2019

Perfect Experience

Vermilion Strings played an acoustic event at my violin shop, Sola Violins. They were easy to work with, had a wonderfully varied repertoire to suit the audience (from gorgeous Classical pieces to jazzy/pop standards), and of course the music was top-notch, world-class. Many listeners remarked on how incredible it was to hear such professional musicians up close, like listening to a dream! Highest recommendation!

Sent on 03/31/2019

Vermilion Strings's reply:

Thank you for this great review! We had a blast playing at your beautiful shop and hope to do it again, soon.

Kristin Carbo · Married on 01/26/2019

Wish I would have called them first

After a few failed attempts to secure a pianist on our own for a cocktail party, we were directed towards Lauren at Vermilion Strings. Within hours of speaking, Lauren was able to find us exactly what we were looking for and our pianist really made our party perfect. Our pianist was on time, played beautifully and the cost was very reasonable. I will definteiy use Vermilion Strings for my next event and recommend them to anyone who needs to book talent.

Dear Kristin,

Thank you so much for this lovely review! It was a pleasure working with you, and if you ever need live musicians in the future, please do call on me.

All the best,

Lauren

Kacee Thompson · Married on 01/24/2019

It was great experience from start to finish!

Vermilion Strings is professional, punctual, and best of all, extremely talented. I would highly recommend them. They set the tone for the evening, and were just perfect!

Vermilion Strings's reply:

Thank you, Kacee, it was a pleasure working with you. Please keep us in mind for any future events!

Emma Guidry

Jean-Paul Lançon · Married on 01/18/2019

Wedding 1-18-19

Very helpful and knowledgeable.

Alicia · Married on 01/18/2019

Sounded like Heaven

Finding beautiful, traditional music for the ceremony was very important to us. And we are so glad we came upon Vermilion Strings. They were so good at keeping in contact with us and making sure they had prepared everything just as we wanted. They definitely surpassed our expectations and helped make the ceremony feel like a dream. It was lovely, and we had many of our guests raving about how much they loved the strings. Beautiful beautiful work.

Sent on 02/03/2019

Julie F · Married on 12/28/2018

Great experience with Vermilion Strings

Vermilion Strings played at my wedding ceremony and did an amazing job. They were super easy to work with and made great recommendations regarding the possible ensembles. We went with a piano and violin-- it was beautiful!

Sent on 02/04/2019

Vermilion Strings's reply:

Thank you so much, Julie, for taking the time to write this kind review. Im so very glad you were pleased 👍!

Victoria Heinen · Married on 12/21/2018

Wedding music

Fabulous to work with! Extremely helpful in music selections. Worked great with singers. Highly recommend! Very talented.

Sent on 01/02/2019

Vermilion Strings's reply:

We are so glad you were pleased, Victoria! Thank you for including us in one of the most important days of your life, and thank you for taking the time to write this review!

Cyndi Simmons · Married on 12/01/2018

Wonderful!

I can't say enough about Vermilionville Strings. The whole process was impeccable. From the reservations to the actual wedding. The music was absolutely beautiful. Thank you for making my daughter's day so special!

Sent on 12/04/2018

Vermilion Strings's reply:

Thanks, Cyndi - I'm so glad everything went smoothly for you! We were pleased to be a part of the big day.

Mariea · Married on 10/20/2018

A m a z i n g

We couldn’t have picked a better group to do our ceremony music. They were so nice and patient and extremely helpful. They answered every question and never made us feel stupid for not knowing an answer. They even helped us pick music when we were stumped. The music at the ceremony was played flawlessly. They weren’t expensive but definitely worth every single penny!

Sent on 10/29/2018

John B Bertucci · Married on 10/19/2018

Highly recommend

On October 18 and 19, 2018, we were very fortunate to have Mrs. Lauren Baker and the Vermilion Strings group play at both our rehearsal dinner and our ceremony. Having them play both venues was special, because the group was able to play some really fun and beautiful pieces at the rehearsal. Such contemporary songs could not be played in this particular church for the ceremony, so hearing those selections at the rehearsal dinner was a treat. They truly are the best of the best in terms of performance both during the event and before the event (the planning phase etc). Top notch all around. If you plan on having the best string ensemble, I recommend calling ASAP as they will book up quickly.

Sent on 10/26/2018

Vermilion Strings's reply:

Thank you so much for this wonderful review, Barret! We very much enjoyed playing contemporary things at your rehearsal dinner and then the classical selections for the wedding. Such a nice mix for a wonderful couple and I'm so glad you were pleased.

Lauren · Married on 09/15/2018

We chose to have a solo violinist play for our wedding ceremony. The music for the ceremony was absolutely beaitiful and the perfect touch to our small, intimate wedding :). Lauren Baker is such a talented musician and so great to work with! Response time is quick. She’s very knowledgeable and helpful when it comes to making song selections for your ceremony as well. Thank you Lauren for helping make our day so special and beautiful!

Sent on 10/01/2018

Vermilion Strings's reply:

Thank you so much, Lauren, for this lovely review! I truly enjoyed playing for your wedding :-).

Katelynn · Married on 09/15/2018

Everything was absolutely beautiful. They were even able to accommodate short notice changes to the music. Great musicians!

Sent on 10/02/2018
  • F

Frances · Married on 06/22/2018

Very professional musicians. The music was beautiful and sounded just as I had imagined. A wonderful experience. Lauren was so easy to work with. Her suggestions were very helpful.

Sent on 08/16/2018

Vermilion Strings's reply:

Thank you so much, Frances! We very much appreciated the opportunity and I'm so glad you were pleased.

Dara · Married on 06/02/2018

I hired vermillion strings for my daighters wedding ceremony. Emma, the coordinator, was responsive, answered all of my questions, and coordinates with the church organist. This made my job as mother of the bride/ wedding coordinator much easier. The pricing was competitive. We had 3 musicians, violin cello and trumpet. They were professional,and the music was great. My guest who arrived early said the prelude music was lovely. I would definitely hire Vermillion Strings again.

Sent on 06/23/2018

Katie · Married on 05/26/2018

We loved working with Vermillion Strings! They were quick to respond and flexible with what my husband and I wanted for our wedding ceremony. I would recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 08/14/2018

Hi, Katie,
    Thank you so much for this great review! We had a lot of fun playing for your wedding. It was beautiful.

Braylin · Married on 04/21/2018

I was very pleased. Although I was too nervous to hear most of the music what I did hear sounded great. They were very accommodating
    And willing to work FOR me

Sent on 05/01/2018

Vermilion Strings's reply:

Thanks, Braylin! I'm glad everything turned out the way you wanted!

Anne · Married on 04/21/2018

Vermillion Strings has performed at numerous events for us and has always done a beautiful job. We highly recommend them!

Sent on 05/01/2018

Alyssa · Married on 04/21/2018

We used Vermilion Strings for our wedding ceremony music and had a fantastic experience! Emma from VS was always very quick to respond during the planning process, answered my many questions and helped me with music selection. We hired a solo cellist and couldn’t be happier with our decision! The music was beautiful! We received many compliments from family & friends. Vermilion strings helped make our wedding day special- we would definitely recommend!

Sent on 05/12/2018

Ben · Married on 03/31/2018

Vermilion Strings work with our Sacred Music Program this Easter Vigil past (2018). The musicians are some to finest musicians that I have had the pleasure of working with at St. Peter's. Their attention to detail and professionalism is of the highest standard; they were truly a pleasure to work with in making beautiful music. I highly recommend Vermilion Strings for your string quartet needs. A wonderful experience!!

Ben L. LeBleu, F.G.S.M. Director of Sacred Music
    St. Peter's Church, New Iberia, Louisiana

Sent on 05/25/2018

Vermilion Strings's reply:

Thank you so much, Ben! We are looking forward to working with you, again!

Brian · Married on 03/24/2018

Great vendor, music was great!

Sent on 04/06/2018

Cathleen · Married on 03/17/2018

Emma was responsive to my emails and was able to bring beautiful music to our Daughters Wedding!
    We would use this group again!

Sent on 03/25/2018

Lauren · Married on 03/10/2018

When I first booked Vermilion Strings, I was tentative because they were above the price range that I had hoped to spend for ceremony musicians. However, I could not be happier with my choice to go with them! Lauren and her fellow musicians could not be more responsive or professional. Simply put, they are a pleasure to work with. Above this and all other points, from the moment I was rushed into the bridal suite in our church, I could not believe my ears. I could never have dreamed that music so beautiful would be playing at our wedding. Lauren has built at team who is above all others in Louisiana! She event went above and beyond to play the "Game of Thrones" theme song for one of our prelude songs. This was a new song for Vermilion Strings, so her willingness to do that for us is extremely appreciated! She made our day more than we could have ever dreamed it would be!

Sent on 04/04/2018

Hi, Lauren,

Thank you so much for this wonderful review! We really did have fun playing for your wedding and enjoyed adding "Game of Thrones" :-).

Lauren · Married on 01/20/2018

The music for my wedding was sophisticated and elegant. It was exactly what I envisioned and more! We received many compliments from our guests. Lauren was extremely helpful during the process and made sure everything went smoothly. Her list of song suggestions were excellent and also made my job very easy. I highly recommend the Vermilion Strings for any event!

Sent on 02/11/2018

Vermilion Strings's reply:

Thank you so much, Lauren, for asking us to play for your ceremony and for the lovely review!

Elizabeth · Married on 01/12/2018

Vermillion strings provided us with the most lovely ceremony music. Made planning our ceremony so much easier on us. I’ll use them for all of my children’s weddings.

Sent on 02/07/2018