Verbena Designs Reviews

114 | Hicksville, NY

114 Reviews for Verbena Designs

Visited a couple of florists but Verbena was very professional and the pictures she showed me of previous arrangements were stunning. Was able to accomodate all my requests and the flowers really complemented my decor. Couldn't of been happier!

Sent on 09/21/2012

Sumera · Married on 08/11/2007

I LOVED LOVED LOVED Jennifer and the job she did for my wedding. I had a Pakistani wedding but was looking for a not too traditional look. Jennifer had experience with South Asian weddings and was able to find the right balance between invoking my culture while keep the look and feel modern. She is EXTREMELY nice which was super important for me. She was always smiling and willing to take my ideas, work with them, and ultimately materialize them into what I had pictured. I had brought tons of fabric and decorations from Pakistan and dropped them off at her studio a few days before the wedding. She took the objects and brought them to life in the way she set everything up. The reception hall on the day of the wedding looked so spectacular that my bridal attendant (who works for the catering hall) walked in to the room and said "woah, I've never seen this room look so good!" I would highly recommend Jennifer for not only her talent and vision but also her personality.

Sent on 01/02/2008

Sari · Married on 07/29/2007

Jennifer at verbena is a talented floral designer and a pleasure to work with. she accomodated many last minute changes within our budget and created beautiful centerpieces, bouquets, etc.

Sent on 11/17/2007

Melissa · Married on 07/31/2016

I absolutely loved what Verbena Designs created for my wedding. From our bouquets to centerpieces everything was a perfect reflection of what I envisioned on my wedding day! Prices were extremely reasonable and they were so knowledgeable and willing to work within our budget and give us plenty of options. I received so many compliments on our flowers and I will absolutely use them again in the future!

Sent on 05/01/2017

Robyn · Married on 04/10/2015

From day 1 Jennifer and her team were very accommodating. They worked within by budget and provided me with the most beautiful flowers for my ceremony and reception. When it was finally decided that my ceremony would be inside they called me to ensure I was ok with the changes they wanted to make to the design of the indoor arch we were going to use. At the last minute I decided that I wanted a flower crown for my flower girl instead of flowers for her hair and they accommodated without a blink. Even more last minute, day of to be exact, one of my bridesmaids decided she wanted flowers for her hair and they added them on no problem. Everything looked amazing including the fresh flowers they put on my cake.

I would recommend Verbena to anyone!

Sent on 04/25/2015

Our experience with Jaime was great! Everyone was raving about how beautiful the centerpieces were at the wedding. I'm happy we used Verbena design.

Sent on 02/19/2014

Best value through the whole wedding planning. Everything was how we wanted it, very affordable, didn't have to worry about returning vases and etc.

Sent on 12/26/2013
  • Jessie

Jessie · Married on 11/24/2012

I knew I wanted to book Verbena the moment after I had a wonderful consultation with Jaime and leafed through the albums of their beautiful work. I only had to give Jaime a few specifics on what I was looking for and she and her team created perfect accompaniments for our Thanksgiving-themed wedding. They united a rich, vibrant assortment of fall-colored flowers and berries for our bridesmaid bouquets and centerpieces. Their color selection was spot on—it almost looked as though the bridesmaid dresses were based off the flowers, not the other way around! Our favorite part, the highlight, were the amazing votives made from carved pumpkins—they truly stole the scene! I adored my bridal bouquet. When I wasn’t able to have a specific flower due to its inability to be used in a bouquet, they procured extremely real-looking silk ones as an alternative—no one ever knew the difference! The bouquet on the whole was stunning; not to mention, the (real) flowers were so fresh that 2 weeks later it still looked incredible: full and blossoming and thriving! Same with the centerpieces...what a joy to be able to enjoy the flowers so long after the party was over! What I liked most about Verbena, above all, was how flexible and accommodating they were. I was able to make changes and even alter sizes and quantity of items within a couple weeks of the wedding. Jamie was always willing to meet my budget. When I realized how much the pumpkin votives were going to be (I needed to have those no matter what!), they were agreeable without a moment’s hesitation to reduce the size and cost of the centerpieces to make room for this new expenditure. Never once did I feel pressure to stick with something I had made a decision on at the time of the contract. It was an incredible value for such exquisite, gorgeous work and an overall pleasant experience. If you want dazzling, perfect flowers for your affair, please consider Verbena!

Sent on 12/31/2012

Debra · Married on 08/02/2009

Planning: Jen was awesome. She gave me input when I needed it but she was never pushy. She knew I was on a tight budget and she never made me feel like she was trying to sell me something or not treat me well since I wasn�t spending thousands of dollars. Our centerpieces were very simple, which is what I wanted. It really kept the cost down. She totally understood where I wanted our wedding to go and she got us there within our budget. She even did the labor of putting up the lanterns and setting up for the ceremony.

The only reason Verbena received a 4.5 out of 5 on responsiveness was because I often emailed and it took a long time to get a response. However, if I called to let them know I emailed- I received a response much more quickly.

Day of: When our flowers arrived I was blown away. I couldn�t believe how stunning they were. I just kept staring at them. I sent our photographer over to them right away because of how amazing they were. I couldn�t believe how many flowers we got in our bouquets. They were beyond stunning. They were my favorite part of the wedding.

Jen made me feel like I was one of her friends. Seeing her the day of my wedding was so comforting because I could tell she truly wanted us to be happy and that she put so much care into everything she did for us. I plan on sending her as many pictures of the flowers as possible because she deserves to be able to show people the fabulous work she does. Another local bride saw my pictures and knew I had gotten my flowers from Verbena just based on their beauty and style. I highly recommend Jen to any future bride.

Sent on 08/21/2009

Lauren · Married on 10/14/2006

We loved using Verbena so much that we recommend them to all of our friends looking for a florist. Jennifer really took the time out to make sure that everything turned out exactly as I wanted it. Even when I changed my colors and flowers three times, she accommodated me promptly and with a smile on her face.

Sent on 04/26/2009

Christian · Married on 05/22/2005

Really I could not have been more pleased with my flowers and Jennifer's service. She does beautiful work, almost as if she's reading your mind, and she is super easy to work with. She even threw in two items, wreaths for the church doors, for FREE as a surprise that I had cut from my list due to budget restrictions. I love Verbena!!

Sent on 10/06/2008

Stephanie · Married on 03/29/2008

3.5

AMAZING
    Jennifer (the owner) did an absolutely stunning job on our arch and personal flowers. She was nothing but helpful the entire time, and the flowers were gorgeous. Everyone commented on them, and my bouquet was awesome! She was so sweet and a pleasure to work with. There's no doubt in my mind that we went with the right person. AND she's very reasonably priced, AND they only do one wedding a day.

Sent on 04/30/2008

sarah · Married on 12/30/2016

3.0

Verbena Designs is a creative, flexible, and high-quality floral design boutique. I used them for my wedding centerpieces and my bridal bouquet, and they did a wonderful job crafting all the components. The team at Verbena set everything up beautifully at the venue and responded quickly to all my questions and changes during the planning process. I would definitely use them in the future.

Sent on 02/02/2017

Michelle · Married on 10/11/2009

Jenn and Verbena was one of the vendors I was most excited about after seeing her work at the shop and at a friend's wedding. My bouquet and the bridesmaid bouquest were gorgeous and guests raved about them. My centerpieces were pretty and added a nice Fall touch to the wedding. Jenn and her staff were very accommodating.

Sent on 11/03/2009