Verbena Designs Reviews

119 | Hicksville, NY

119 Reviews for Verbena Designs

• User3619692 · 2+ years ago

Simply amazing :) That is how I would describe my experience with Jen and her team at Verbena Designs. Jen has great ideas, is very laid back and wonderful to work with. She turned my centerpiece ideas into beautiful displays that exceeded my expectations! I received a ton of compliments about my bridal bouquet, my bridesmaids bouquets, ceremony decor and the table centerpieces. I am so grateful to have been recommended to her and I will be sure to recommend Verbena Designs in the future. Thank you Jen for making our ceremony and reception so beautiful! :)

Sent on 10/21/2013

Tracy · Married on 08/02/2013

This review is long overdue as Jen is simply amazing!!!! I had met with a few florists before her to explain my vision for our big day, and all seemed to be providing me with cookie cutter suggestions to my ideas, when I was really trying to do a lot of creative things that I had never seen at a wedding before. Upon meeting with Jen, I started to explain various ideas that I had in mind, and we just instantly clicked- she understood exactly what I was looking for. It was clear that she truly loves what she does, and we had so much fun brainstorming different ideas and creative ways to execute them! If it was something that she hadn’t done before, it was obvious that it only inspired and excited her even more. We went back and forth about various ideas, and she was always very patient and there to discuss different options with me. She turned my vision into a stunning reality that was executed with the utmost professionalism, passion and care. She quickly felt like a friend and made our wedding beyond gorgeous. She’s very creative, SO wonderful at what she does, and is truly an awesome person! We would have her as our florist 100 times over again and recommend everyone else to do the same!!

Sent on 10/14/2013

Elizabeth · Married on 07/06/2013

My daughter visited Verbena first with her fiance because we live out of town. After visiting a few other florists, she was immediately put at ease by Jaime and Jen. The shop is small and welcoming. Our daughter felt like they listened to her vision and did not try to push their own ideas. We met with Jen about 6 weeks before the July wedding. The sample centerpiece was not exactly what our daughter had in her mind, and Jen adjusted a few things right then, and it was beautiful. But nothing could compare to our delight when we saw all the bouquets and centerpieces on the wedding day. They were absolutely gorgeous and we were so thrilled with how Jen brought it all together. It was a very hot summer day, and she adjusted to the heat and decorated the outside ceremony site at the very last minute so the flowers would not wilt. Everything looked amazing and it was such a joy to work with Verbena. They also were very professional and specific in their proposal and contract, so there were no issues during the entire process. Verbena was reasonably priced and I would highly recommend their services.

Sent on 07/22/2013

Liza · Married on 06/29/2013

All I can say is WOW! Jennifer was so amazing from the first meeting all the way until the end of the wedding. She listened to every detail that I hoped for in our flowers and followed through perfectly. Her designs are amazing and all of her work is beautiful. My bouquet was the most beautiful I had ever seen and I am still hearing rave reviews about my centerpieces from all of my guests.

Sent on 08/25/2013

Kara · Married on 06/15/2013

Jaime and Jen at Verbena were an absolute pleasure to work with. They also did the flowers for my bridal shower, which were gorgeous as well. I had no knowledge of flowers at all, but they were able to help me put my visions into reality. They created 3 different centerpieces, and beautiful bouquets. I was so thrilled with how everything turned out, it was exactly what I had wanted. They're so sweet, very responsive, and very patient with questions and changes. I highly recommend them.

Sent on 06/25/2013
  • User3020934 · 2+ years ago

Working with Verbena Designs was a dream! They were so responsive and really listened to what we wanted. When we sat down with Jennifer, the owner, she really took her time and went over so many different options. She was also the only florist that emailed us a proposal complete with pictures after our first meeting. We booked with her right away after that! From the time of our booking to our wedding day, someone was always available to answer our questions. They also were very willing to incorporate some personal touches for me. I had my father's wedding ring which I wanted to incorporate into my bouquet. Jaime did this at my house the day of the wedding by attaching it with a ribbon. She didn't want me to feel as though I had to leave the ring with her ahead of time and I really appreciated her flexibility. They also beautifully added flowers from my mother's headpiece into my bouquet. The boutonnieres were exactly what we wanted, as well. Everything was dropped off early and set up as it should be at the venue and church. My only slight unhappiness with them was that I thought the centerpieces would be bigger. When we saw them for the sample they seemed bigger than what was on the table at our venue. This could simply be that they looked smaller on our big venue tables than on the table at their showroom. I am still so happy that we went with Verbena and I would definitely recommend them. Their work is gorgeous!!

Sent on 06/14/2013

Jennifer · Married on 06/07/2013

I would highly recommend Verbena Designs Inc.!! Jennifer (the owner) was nothing but wonderful! Planning a wedding can become stressful as we all know, & I felt so comfortable with her & could sense she was extremely talented, creative, & knew exactly what she was doing! Knowing this it put me at ease because I trusted her & I just knew my flowers were going to be beautiful & they were!! I went in there knowing nothing about flowers & she discussed them all with me & put together exactly what I had in mind! My centerpieces & bouquets were absolutely gorgeous & unique, even more beautiful than I even had imagined they would be. I had many friends/family that were commenting on how beautiful the centerpieces/bouquets were. I would definitely recommend using Verbena Designs Inc. for your wedding/event if you want gorgeous flowers!! Thanks Again!
    Jenny
    (Wedding: June 7th, 2013)

Sent on 08/01/2013
  • sk9net

Stacey · Married on 05/10/2013

A friend of mine had used Verbena for her wedding and had highly recommended them. From our initial meeting I knew they were the perfect florist for my May 10, 2013 wedding. Jamie made me feel very comfortable and clearly understood my vision for the wedding day. Her suggestions were spot-on. I was very nervous to see a sample of the floral arrangement. I was completely blown away by what Jamie has created. It was exactly what I had wanted and even more. It was absolutely breathtaking. Jamie, Jen and the team were always available to answer questions and were exceptionally accommodating. My fiance did not want the boutonnieres to have pins on them since he and his groomsmen were wearing suits they had purchased. Jamie immediately made a recommendation to use magnets which worked out perfectly- they stayed on the whole night of the wedding. Jamie and her team arrived early to the reception hall. The bouquets, boutonnieres, cocktail table flowers, and reception arrangements came out beautiful. I highly recommend using Verbena!

Sent on 05/25/2013

Coleen · Married on 04/27/2013

I booked Verbena after booking our venue. We worked on a contract, that I made little changes to up until a few weeks before the wedding. Jaime and Jennifer were very accommodating and made sure to get back to me within 24hrs of sending an email. I will admit that I did not have a large budget set aside for our flowers, but Verbena made such beautiful bouquets and centerpieces! Our guests loved our flowers. And the best part is that they only make arrangements for one event per day, so you know you will have their best efforts at hand.

Sent on 05/04/2013

Lisa · Married on 01/12/2013

Jen and her staff are wonderful. I had an idea for a winter wonderland themed wedding with out being too kitschy and not only did she understand my vision but executed it perfectly. I had guests come to me repeatedly telling me how beautiful it was. Jen and staff were punctual, professional and helped stay on my budget instead of over sell me. I highly recommend this vendor!

Sent on 01/15/2013
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 11/11/2012

Jen and her team were absolutely wonderful. After having a few consultations with other florists we were so lucky and happy to meet with Verbena. Their pricing was extremely reasonable and they really listened to our ideas.

We were able to have two different table designs, and a beautiful chuppah and sanctuary room. Everyone who commented on our flowers loved them.

Our wedding was also two weeks after Hurricane Sandy, so I can not rave enough about how helpful, professional, and reassuring the team was. Even while the office did not have power, Jen made sure that everything went off without a hitch.

I have already suggested Verbena to a few friends who are getting married, and I would highly recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 03/04/2013
  • callabryn

Lisa · Married on 10/12/2012

As soon as I met Jennifer from Verbena Designs Inc, I knew my search for a florist was over. She listened to what I wanted, helped me get the ideas in my out into reality, and took the pictures that I had found and scaled them to my budget. The day of the wedding I never saw their team, but the flowers were delivered to the hotel and the church, church flowers were brought to the reception and set up along with all of the centerpieces, and they were there at 1am to pick up any vases or candle holders that belonged to them. I didn't have to worry about a thing. My flowers were vibrant, fresh and beautiful.

Sent on 11/09/2012

Lauren · Married on 10/07/2012

I can't say enough nice things about my experience with Verbena! From the first time I visited the studio I knew I wanted to book - recommended by a friend who used her for her wedding, I already knew the flowers would be beautiful. When I described what I wanted the centerpieces to look like, and then came back to see my sample, it was like she went into my head and did exactly what I would have done if I was a talented florist ;) I loved the reception decor, and got so many compliments on the beautiful flowers. The bouquets were amazing also - when they were delivered to my house the morning of my wedding I could not believe how gorgeous they were! So happy I chose Verbena!!!

Sent on 10/12/2012
  • Flor

Flor · Married on 07/21/2012

We booked a florist a year in advance, but he dropped us two months before the wedding! Apparently, he wasn’t welcomed at the wedding shop anymore. I went nuts! I started to ask for help on Facebook and went online to find a florist. My friend Lindsay told me about Verbena. That Monday, May 7th, I emailed about 10 florists with budget and availability to meet. Jen McKeon, the owner of Verbena was the first one to answer me. I told the florists who responded if we could meet asap, coming from NYC we would only be able to meet on a weekend. This was Mother’s day week and a lot of florists were very busy; Jennifer was too, but she was able to set up a meeting with us ON Mother’s day afternoon. At our meeting she was very nice and a happy person, she was able to work with our budget and she immediately got my wedding vision. We had a meeting that day with another florist but she canceled while we were meeting with Jen, so we took this as a sign and booked Jen right away. We made the right choice.

On the day of the wedding she brought the flowers to my hotel and they were fresh and wonderful. My bouquet had little crystals that I mentioned I wanted and she remembered! My bouquet is definitely one of my favorite things of my wedding day. The ceremony flowers were radiant and the reception décor and centerpieces so beautiful. She did a great job arranging everything and my vision came true, it was a beautiful rose dream.

Sent on 08/16/2012

This was one of my favorite vendors. Jennifer is absolutely great. She is very talented and has a great personality that made this process fun! Our centerpieces were more beautiful than I thought possible. Our bouquets were gorgeous. She was so helpful setting up our bows at the church and was always accessible when I had to contact her. I highly recommend this company- they were awesome!

Sent on 08/02/2012

Kristen · Married on 07/19/2012

Jenn did such a fabulous job! The centerpieces looked gorgeous and when there were things that couldn't be changed with decoractions at Fox Hollow (at the alter) she acted quickly to update the alter to make it fit my theme a little better. She did such an amazing job! All the flowers looked absolutely gorgeous and I couldn't have been happier.

Sent on 08/13/2012

Upon meeting with them, I just got a good vibe. Jen was down to earth and made me feel comfortable - these were very important elements for me. Jen was AMAZING! My flowers were absolutely stunning - everything that I had dreamed of. When I told my friends that the owner personally came to my home to deliver my flowers and then went to my venue to set up, they are shocked. Not many florists do this - however, I think it is amazing. It shows you how she is there with you every step of the way and her level of dedication.

Sent on 02/18/2015

Katherine · Married on 06/30/2012

During the wedding planning process you have to make lots of decisions. Make your life a bit easier and tick off an item from the long to do list and book Verbena Designs. I cannot say enough nice things about Jennifer McKeon and her team. She is AMAZING and is a wealth of information about flowers. She went above and beyond to create the vision I wanted for church and the reception and worked like crazy to execute the day. Jen was so patient dealing with the conflicting ideas that my mom and I had and pieced everything together to create the most stunning floral arrangements. I received rave reviews for every detail that Jen created. I LOVE Verbena!

Sent on 07/25/2012
  • Katya

Katya · Married on 05/13/2012

I had a very unusual vision for my wedding centerpieces. Combine old books, found pewter objects, distressed iron + glass lanterns and you'll have an idea of what I was thinking. (The original intention was to save money by minimizing the amount of flowers.) I had no clear idea of colors (at least initially) and kept changing my mind from jewel-tones to this and that and was most likely the most scatterbrained bride in May 2012.

Jaime and everyone from Verbena was such a dream -- they understood my ideas and brainstorming together really cemented my faith that they understood what I had in mind.

On the day of, they delivered probably the most beautiful bouquets with the textures, the muted sherbert colors, and the slight quirkiness I only imagined existed in magazines for triple the price.

I went to 3 other florists (all highly recommended) before Verbena and no one understood the spirit of what I wanted to display or had prices that were astronomically high. Verbena was by far the most reasonably priced (better than a local flower stand/supermarket even) and I can't tell you how pleased I am with the outcome! People are still coming up to me weeks after the wedding and complimenting the decor. It looked as if it cost a royal sum, but Verbena was compassionate and understood the budget constraints of a bride/groom paying for their own wedding.

Highly, highly recommended!

Sent on 05/30/2012
  • Alyssa

Alyssa · Married on 04/27/2012

I could not have asked for a better florist! Jenn and Jamie are fantastic at what they do and are wonderful people to work with. Everything they did was done to perfection. I had a clear vision in mind for what I wanted and they made every detail of my vision come to life. I love peonies and my bouquet was the most beautiful arrangement of white and pink peonies I have ever seen. I couldn't believe they were actually real when Jamie got to my house. They decorated our reception hall (de Seversky Mansion) to perfection. They added little touches all over the place that we hadn't even discussed, but just made the entire vision come together. They were such a pleasure to work with as well. I had a lot of decorations that I made myself and I asked Jamie and Jenn to put them out at the mansion because I knew they would do it perfectly and sure enough they did.

I did a decent amount of research before booking with Verbena and though the prices were extremely reasonable and helped in my overall decision, I really just got the best feeling after meeting them. I knew that my wedding day would be perfect and they did not disappoint. I cannot even count the number of guests that complimented the flowers! I've given Verbena's name out quite a bit after my wedding!

Definitely a good choice! You won't regret it!

Sent on 07/13/2012

Classie · Married on 11/05/2011

Jen was easy to work with and very flexible with my ideas. At first, I thought I knew what I wanted and then my mind changed a few times. I saw a sample centerpiece of what I wanted and I still wanted to make changes. Jen took my concerns into account and on the day of my wedding the centerpieces & bouquets looked amazing! I loved my wedding flowers. You will get a personable & understanding florist if you work with Jen.

Sent on 03/22/2012

Maria · Married on 10/15/2011

Thank you Verbena Designs! They took my ideas and a limited budget and gave me beautiful flowers and sprigs of rosemary for our traditional Croatian themed wedding. Loved my bouquet, it was just as pink as I wanted it to be. Flowers were delivered at my house before time.

Sent on 10/28/2011

Aj · Married on 05/29/2011

I wish I could give Jen, Verbena and Jamie more stars!!! They are absolutely fantastic. Easily one of the BEST vendors from our wedding.

Jen and Verbena was a very easy choice. There was no pressure at all when we met initially. She did not try to sell us things we could not afford. Her prices were excellent and I think she really understands the people she's working with(and of course floral design!). They also only do one event a day, so no mix ups.

Their centerpieces and bouquets were beautiful. On top of that,they are extremely professional and responded to messages almost immediately (or within a day). We never had to send a follow up message or remind them about anything. We also really didnt know much about flowers. We picked out flowers we liked and then trusted Verbena to make the arrangements. Everything turned out perfectly.

I cannot recommend them highly enough!!! Stunning flowers, owner and staff that are nice as can be, helpful and just a total pleasure to work with. I would use Verbena for any event requiring flower arrangements in a heart beat!

Sent on 06/22/2011

Kelly · Married on 04/30/2011

Amazing from start to finish! All good things to say :)

Jen and Jaime are so sweet, helpful, professional, and talented. I am clueless when it comes to flowers, so in the beginning I only wish Jaime had given me more suggestions! I think they are so nice they don't want to be pushy! ALL of the flowers, especially my bouquet, the girls' bouquets, the pew bouquets, and the centerpieces were exactly what we wanted and better than we imagined. Jen personally delivered everything on the morning of the wedding, on time and with a smile. All the flowers got to the right places between my husband's house and mine. And everything was labeled so we knew whose corsages were whose! That was my favorite touch :) Verbena is a small business and they only do one wedding per day - CHOOSE THEM! Without a doubt. Prices are great, too.

Sent on 09/21/2011

Kate · Married on 12/03/2010

I LOVE JEN! I actually had to switch vendors with about 3 months until my wedding. I came across Verbena's website and called up Jen for an appointment. Luckily, she was free (she does one wedding a day!), I met up with her, and was quickly sold. Her work is beautiful, lush, and Jen herself is a creative genius and a doll to work with. Her quote was very reasonable and she was very flexible. We decided to add a mantle piece only two weeks before the wedding and decided to have her put tulle up on our banisters in the last week. She was so accommodating! I had given Jen a picture of my dream bouquet and she recreated it better than I really had every imagined. She even tracked down a beautiful substitute flower the day before when she didn't like the shade of the original flower she was going to use. Our centerpieces were gorgeous as well and the bouts last well into the evening. My bouquet was so fresh that I decided to get it preserved and even that company couldnt believe the quality of the flowers 4 days after my wedding! Use Jen; I promise you won't regret it!

Sent on 12/29/2010