Verbena Designs Reviews

113 | Hicksville, NY

113 Reviews for Verbena Designs

Elizabeth · Married on 05/24/2015

Verbena did the flowers for my wedding and they were amazing!!!! They took all of my ideas and visions although not conventional and brought them to life perfectly!! I worked with Jamie and she was absolutely wonderful! The bouquets were better than I had dreamed and my bouquet was so beautiful!! I would highly recommend Verbena to anyone and everyone! We are so grateful that they were recommended to us. Thank you for making our special day even more beautiful!!

Sent on 09/04/2015

Erika · Married on 03/20/2015

AMAZING!!! The most beautiful flowers I have ever seen for a wedding! People could not stop commented on how unique my flowers were! Jen is the kindest, warmest person and literally takes your ideas and makes them a reality! She calmed all my concerns, helped me work out colors and theme elements and really worked with my budget. Jen is one of the most sincere, genuine business persons I ever met. She goes above and beyond and it truly shows in her work. I would recommend her to anyone and will continue to use her for all my flower needs!!!

Sent on 06/11/2015

Jennifer · Married on 12/31/2014

My friend recommended using Verbena Designs for my New Years Eve wedding. I contacted Jennifer and she was very sweet and professional throughout the planning process. Jennifer worked within our budget and did not compromise elegance or overall look for price. She offered suggestions for alternate flowers so that we could achieve a desired look for a more affordable price. Jennifer also provided great suggestions for other details within our wedding. We used lots of candles and lanterns, which she helped with. She even offered to paint two large vases to hold NYE blowers. Our tasteful high/low centerpieces were perfect and Jennifer’s use of candles and small votives around the venue space really transformed the ambiance of the room. Jennifer even transformed the church in 15 minutes from overwhelming Christmas poinsettias to a warm winter ceremony (thank you again for that!). We appreciate all your hard work and creativity, Jennifer! You and your team really achieved the look we wanted for our wedding day.

Sent on 03/16/2015

Jennifer · Married on 12/05/2014

Jen did a beautiful job on everything! She worked with in my budget and was extremely helpful with great ideas to make everything special!

Sent on 12/16/2014

Karen · Married on 11/08/2014

The Verbana team exceeded our expectations and delivered everything on time. We couldn't have done it without them! They were sensational!! Highly recommend them.

Sent on 11/21/2015

Valerie · Married on 10/25/2014

Verbena Designs helped make our wedding day gorgeous with their beautiful floral design, displays and bouquets. They were extremely friendly and helpful throughout the entire wedding planning process. We met with them one time, have them an idea of our vision and they nailed it PERFECTLY - even better then we expected. I can't thank them enough for their hard work, professionalism and flexibility in helping us achieve perfection for our the most special day of our lives.

Sent on 02/14/2015

Jennifer · Married on 10/10/2014

All I can say was Jen was AMAZING ... She's extraordinarily talented, yet a warm person who understands your needs and wants. Jen was more them willing to sit down with is and discuss all aspects of the wedding on numerous occasion with no problems. She arrived early to my house on the wedding and even brought an extra buttoner for the groom. Our bouquets were breathtaking and the centerpieces made the room glow. All my guests fought over who's taking home the centerpieces and we got comments all night on how beautiful everything was ... Thank you Jen .... Your amazing

Sent on 10/16/2014

Stephanie · Married on 09/12/2014

Jamie at Verbena Designs was absolutely fantastic. She immediately understood our style and vision for our wedding. She created something that fit that style and managed to work with our budget, which can't be said for a lot of other florists that we spoke to. We would definitely recommend that brides check out Verbena Designs.

Sent on 09/30/2014

Michelle · Married on 07/05/2014

I have never seen more beautiful arrangements than the one provided by Verbena on my wedding day this past Saturday, 7/5/14. Please look no further if you have stumbled upon Verbena. You will be so incredibly happy with your decision!

Sent on 07/10/2014

Cassie · Married on 07/05/2014

After visiting multiple florists for our wedding, Verbena was competitively/fairly priced. From the moment we stepped into Verbena Design's shop, we knew we loved their work. We met with Jen and she was so easy to talk to and really listened to what we wanted. She had beautiful, easy to reference photos of different flowers and pictures from other events. She offered great ideas and advice. She was not pushy in any way and made us feel relaxed and at ease. She kept in constant communication and I felt confident in her work. She even offered a free sample centerpiece as part of our contract. She didn't have to change a thing, they were perfect! The day of the wedding, the flowers were exactly what we discussed but even more beautiful. Jen was friendly, honest and punctual. Each time I look at my photos, I just LOVE how my flowers looked! I would highly recommend Verbena Designs Inc. to anyone!

Sent on 07/30/2014

Andrew · Married on 07/05/2014

Highly recommended - We were extremely impressed with the flowers and the decor. Great work, very professional and responsive.

Sent on 10/18/2014

Lauren · Married on 06/06/2014

Amazing floral designer! Everything turned out so beautiful, the centerpieces and bouquets were absolutely stunning. They bouquets & boutonnieres went perfectly with the dresses and suits, and it photographed so well. The centerpieces were breathtaking. Couldn't be more happy with how everything turned out. Jen & her team were a pleasure to work with every step of the way and they delivered big time!

Sent on 06/25/2014

Maria · Married on 03/29/2014

Verbena was awesome. I met with them explained what I wanted or more importantly what I did not want and I got exactly what I had pictured. They were up front with me about availability of certain flowers and came through with everything they promised. My guest are still talking about my bouquet, which photographed beautifully. All the flowers were fresh.

Sent on 12/11/2014

Christine · Married on 02/08/2014

OMG the flowers for my daughter's 10/25/14 wedding were absolutely breathtaking! I cant thank Jen enough for her amazing service. Since I live in Florida and my daughter in Boston- all of the coorespondance was over the phone, we only meet with Jen and Jaime 3 weeks before the wedding- When we got there they were spot on with our vision ! The day of the wedding all the flowers were just amazing from the bridal flowers to the center peices - they looked fresh throughout the day and into the night ! When considering a florist- I felt I got better service and advice from this smaller shop than the two larger places I called. You wont regret making a call to them -

Sent on 11/20/2014

ROBERT · Married on 12/29/2013

BEAUTIFUL,Could not be happier with all the flowers. I would highly recommend VERBENA. Price was right, flowers were outstanding and the staff were very courteous, helpful and delivery was right on time. VERY, VERY SATISFIED. THANK YOU VERBENA

Sent on 02/28/2014

Ashley · Married on 12/21/2013

Jenn and Verbena Designs were so wonderful to work with! My bouquet was beautiful and the centerpieces and aisle runners were exactly as I imagined them. Plus the kissing ball/pomander my flower girl held was just so adorable. My now husband purchased a beautiful bouquet of flowers in October for me for my shower which was truly stunning as well. I honestly cannot recommend this place enough. And most importantly Jenn was willing to work with our budget! Go to verbena and you will not be disappointed!!

Sent on 12/28/2013

Jaclyn · Married on 11/10/2013

I loved Verbena designs. They were amazing, everything I explained that I liked she turned into the most beautiful centerpiece displays. The colors were so vibrant. We received so many compliments on our centerpieces and my bouquet was lovely and tasteful, it was not too big or to small, it was just the appropriate amount of flowers. They were so nice and very affordable. I would recommend them to anyone.

Sent on 12/15/2013

Joanna · Married on 10/06/2013

Jamie and Jen were a pleasure to work with! They really understood my vision, as I didn't have traditional centerpieces. Everything was absolutely beautiful, I highly recommend them!!

Sent on 11/05/2013

Kimberly · Married on 10/05/2013

All I can say is...WOW!!!!! Verbena Designs was absolutely fantastic throughout the planning and execution of our wedding day. They decorated the ceremony room and reception as well as provided all of the personal flowers for the wedding party and family. I went through tons and tons of images online to try to figure out what the flowers should look like, I sent them ALL to Verbena and Jaime was able to take what I sent and created a masterpiece. One of the best parts about Verbena is that they created samples of our centerpieces a few months ahead of time (using fake flowers to replace those that weren't in season yet) so we could actually SEE what we were buying. This was SO important and they were the ONLY florists we found that would do this at no extra cost and so far ahead of time. We have gotten so many compliments on how gorgeous the decor was at our wedding and so many people raved about the flowers and took them home after. When the flowers arrived on the big day, we were all just gushing over how fantastic they looked. Throughout the planning process, I was ALWAYS able to contact Verbena at any time and someone would get back to me so quickly, I felt like a priority and like I was in really great hands. They were willing to adjust things to stay within our budget without comprimising the esthetic of our designs. Really, Verbena was a pleasure to work with and worth every penny. LOVE THEM!!

Sent on 11/09/2013
  • User3619692 · 2+ years ago

Simply amazing :) That is how I would describe my experience with Jen and her team at Verbena Designs. Jen has great ideas, is very laid back and wonderful to work with. She turned my centerpiece ideas into beautiful displays that exceeded my expectations! I received a ton of compliments about my bridal bouquet, my bridesmaids bouquets, ceremony decor and the table centerpieces. I am so grateful to have been recommended to her and I will be sure to recommend Verbena Designs in the future. Thank you Jen for making our ceremony and reception so beautiful! :)

Sent on 10/21/2013

Tracy · Married on 08/02/2013

This review is long overdue as Jen is simply amazing!!!! I had met with a few florists before her to explain my vision for our big day, and all seemed to be providing me with cookie cutter suggestions to my ideas, when I was really trying to do a lot of creative things that I had never seen at a wedding before. Upon meeting with Jen, I started to explain various ideas that I had in mind, and we just instantly clicked- she understood exactly what I was looking for. It was clear that she truly loves what she does, and we had so much fun brainstorming different ideas and creative ways to execute them! If it was something that she hadn’t done before, it was obvious that it only inspired and excited her even more. We went back and forth about various ideas, and she was always very patient and there to discuss different options with me. She turned my vision into a stunning reality that was executed with the utmost professionalism, passion and care. She quickly felt like a friend and made our wedding beyond gorgeous. She’s very creative, SO wonderful at what she does, and is truly an awesome person! We would have her as our florist 100 times over again and recommend everyone else to do the same!!

Sent on 10/14/2013

Elizabeth · Married on 07/06/2013

My daughter visited Verbena first with her fiance because we live out of town. After visiting a few other florists, she was immediately put at ease by Jaime and Jen. The shop is small and welcoming. Our daughter felt like they listened to her vision and did not try to push their own ideas. We met with Jen about 6 weeks before the July wedding. The sample centerpiece was not exactly what our daughter had in her mind, and Jen adjusted a few things right then, and it was beautiful. But nothing could compare to our delight when we saw all the bouquets and centerpieces on the wedding day. They were absolutely gorgeous and we were so thrilled with how Jen brought it all together. It was a very hot summer day, and she adjusted to the heat and decorated the outside ceremony site at the very last minute so the flowers would not wilt. Everything looked amazing and it was such a joy to work with Verbena. They also were very professional and specific in their proposal and contract, so there were no issues during the entire process. Verbena was reasonably priced and I would highly recommend their services.

Sent on 07/22/2013

Liza · Married on 06/29/2013

All I can say is WOW! Jennifer was so amazing from the first meeting all the way until the end of the wedding. She listened to every detail that I hoped for in our flowers and followed through perfectly. Her designs are amazing and all of her work is beautiful. My bouquet was the most beautiful I had ever seen and I am still hearing rave reviews about my centerpieces from all of my guests.

Sent on 08/25/2013

Kara · Married on 06/15/2013

Jaime and Jen at Verbena were an absolute pleasure to work with. They also did the flowers for my bridal shower, which were gorgeous as well. I had no knowledge of flowers at all, but they were able to help me put my visions into reality. They created 3 different centerpieces, and beautiful bouquets. I was so thrilled with how everything turned out, it was exactly what I had wanted. They're so sweet, very responsive, and very patient with questions and changes. I highly recommend them.

Sent on 06/25/2013
  • User3020934 · 2+ years ago

Working with Verbena Designs was a dream! They were so responsive and really listened to what we wanted. When we sat down with Jennifer, the owner, she really took her time and went over so many different options. She was also the only florist that emailed us a proposal complete with pictures after our first meeting. We booked with her right away after that! From the time of our booking to our wedding day, someone was always available to answer our questions. They also were very willing to incorporate some personal touches for me. I had my father's wedding ring which I wanted to incorporate into my bouquet. Jaime did this at my house the day of the wedding by attaching it with a ribbon. She didn't want me to feel as though I had to leave the ring with her ahead of time and I really appreciated her flexibility. They also beautifully added flowers from my mother's headpiece into my bouquet. The boutonnieres were exactly what we wanted, as well. Everything was dropped off early and set up as it should be at the venue and church. My only slight unhappiness with them was that I thought the centerpieces would be bigger. When we saw them for the sample they seemed bigger than what was on the table at our venue. This could simply be that they looked smaller on our big venue tables than on the table at their showroom. I am still so happy that we went with Verbena and I would definitely recommend them. Their work is gorgeous!!

Sent on 06/14/2013