Verbena Designs Reviews

Verbena Designs 6
Verbena Designs 7
  • Andrea

Andrea · Married on 09/14/2019

The most wonderful experience with a florist that brought our vision to life

We had the most wonderful experience with Verbena Designs. From the initial consultation, Jen (the owner and manager of the shop) was extremely friendly and helpful. She walked us through everything she thought we would need for our wedding day, making sure we didn't forget anything. She listened carefully to our vision for the day. Jen had amazing suggestions for flower types we could use for our arrangements that were within our budget. She also made some suggestions of color combinations that would work with our basic color scheme. She made an amazing suggestion to add flowers with a raspberry color to our arrangements in order to add a pop of color, which made all of the difference and brought the arrangements to another level.

Verbena had worked at our wedding venue countless times, which was great because they all knew exact numbers of tables and measurements they needed for some of the arrangements we requested. It made planning so much easier and less stressful.

After signing our contract, the Verbena team was very patient with us as we made a few changes, such as adding new floral arrangements, changing the number of centerpieces we needed, or making changes to certain designs/colors. They were very flexible scheduling a visit to see a sample of our centerpieces and were always quick to respond to our emails and questions.

On our wedding day, they arrived promptly with all of our flowers, delivering to two different locations, as we had requested. They even brought a few loose flowers (at my request) for the photographer to use in styling photos. All of our florals were absolutely amazing - even better than we could have imagined. Verbena really brought our vision to life. Everybody had amazing things to say about our florals, particularly the bouquets and the beautiful arrangement in the ceremony pergola. I highly recommend them!

PC: Amy and Jordan Photography (Scottsdale, AZ)

Sent on 10/12/2019
    Verbena Designs 13
    Verbena Designs 14

Marta R. · Married on 09/13/2019

Best florist!

Over the course of planning my wedding I learned that not a lot of people had heard of Verbena Florists in the wedding circuit, and I was absolutely SHOCKED. Do not sleep on them, they are hands-down the BEST florist I’ve ever encountered and I whole-heartedly recommend them.
    The people who work at Verbena are some of the kindest, nicest, and talented people I’ve ever worked with. When you have your consultation they give you all of their attention and time, and you can look through samples of their amazing work. They also have lots of nice flowers and sample pieces (like bouquets and such) in their store, so it’s incredibly easy to find inspiration and ideas. During the consultation they give you great feedback on what is possible, which flowers are in bloom during which season, which flowers to use to make your centerpieces look more full if you’re on a budget, and which would look best with your color palette. They truly are professionals and know their flowers inside-and-out.
    I also over-estimated how many centerpieces I would need. I figured I’d have to pay for it, because it was in the contract, but they very kindly told me that it was OK and they lowered the number! How amazing is that! I feel like everything about wedding planning is trying to avoid getting price-gouged and taken advantage of, and here is this amazing company that actually wants to work with you and help you.
    The flowers were delivered exactly on time, in nice boxes with plenty of water, and guests were raving about how beautiful they looked! ALL of the centerpieces were gone by the end of the wedding by guests who took them home (which is what we intended, so they don’t go to waste) and my mom took two of them and told me that they only started wilting two weeks later. I think that’s amazing and speaks to the quality of their stock and how well they work.
    I know that Verbena is the preferred vendor to a few catering halls, but honestly they deserve to be the preferred vendor for all of Long Island! They’re a wonderful group of people to work with, who produce beautiful results. 10/10, highly, highly recommended!

Sent on 10/17/2019

Kaitlin Monda · Married on 09/07/2019

Verbena helped me create my dream wedding.

Verbena was one of my favorite wedding vendors, along with our photographer. We found them through our venue– they did all the flowers and decor at the showcase and I absolutely loved everything. We got their contact info that day and I reached out to them the next day. We scheduled a meeting with Jenn, where we went over their questionnaire, shared with her a pinterest board of what I liked, and basically told her I loved everything from the showcase. From there, we sat down and hashed through all the rough details we had at that point and she drew up a proposal. They do 2 weddings a day and were available on our date, so we booked right away, without hesitation. Once I got home, I had a full proposal with all the details laid out and pictures of all the flowers that would be included (what normal person knows the names of all these flowers?). As the wedding got closer, our budget got tighter. We talked to Jenn about tweaking it to get the price down to a part where we were comfortable, without compromising too much and she helped discuss our options. When I walked into my venue that day, I was blown away. Everything was even more beautiful than I ever could've envisioned myself. Jenn and her team took what was already an amazingly beautiful venue and brought it to an unworldly level. Even guests who pay little attention to those kinds of things asked us who did our flowers and decor. I tell everyone who asks (and maybe even some that don't ask) to choose Verbena. You will not be disappointed.

Sent on 10/08/2019
    Verbena Designs 15
    Verbena Designs 16
    Verbena Designs 17
    Verbena Designs 18
    Verbena Designs 19
    Verbena Designs 20

Emily Delaski · Married on 08/24/2019

made the image in our heads come to life

My wife and I went into planning with a vague idea of what we wanted the decor at our wedding to look like. Jenn took our ideas and turned them into something better than either of us ever expected. The highlight of the decor was the breathtaking arbor her and her team created. It was all so stunning. Her and her team made the image in our heads come to life and she made the process effortless. From the start we were confident in her ability to create what we wanted. After we went to see a sample of the centerpieces I couldn't wait to see how she would transform our venue. Verbena did not disappoint!

Sent on 09/25/2019
    Verbena Designs 21
    Verbena Designs 22
  • Jessica

Jessica Japngie · Married on 05/31/2019

Amazing experience and gorgeous product

I started following Verbena on social media. I could not help notice how consistent their work was and always so stunning. A friend of mine used them for her wedding and the next day I booked an appointment to meet with Jamie. Their work was so beautiful. I showed Jamie some pictures and the vibe I wanted and she did the rest. They were so accommodating with my budget and able to create the look I wanted with everything in season. They flowers lasted so long after the wedding and I had the most stunning pergola to get married in front of. Truly so happy I have recommended to everyone I know because I loved working with them. Jamie personally delivered our flowers and was even 15 minutes early. Truly awesome!

Sent on 06/18/2019
    Verbena Designs 23

Rachel · Married on 05/18/2019

Beautiful Tropical Flowers

I cannot say enough amazing things about Jen and Jaime! My flowers came out beautiful and were everything I could have wanted! I do not have the creativity to come up with the beautiful designs they did and I am so glad to have put my trust in such an amazing team of people for my wedding flowers!

Sent on 06/16/2019

Kathleen · Married on 05/11/2019

Amazing!

We used Verbena designs for a few Wedding related events. My sister and mother used them for my bridal shower. Jaime is BEYOND talented! She, along with the vision of my sister and mother, created the most beautiful Bridal shower I think anyone had ever been to. Jaime also created centerpieces for my mom’s house for the day of the Wedding that were absolutely breathtaking. Finally, Jaime created the most beautiful and perfect centerpieces for the venue at Sea Cliff Manor. She also created bouquets that would take your breathe away, as well as boutonnieres that were just perfect! My husband and I loved the flower, anemone, but since it was out of season, Jaime put together two other types of flowers to mimic them. No one knew and they were some of the favorite flowers amongst them all! The church was also decorated perfectly. Jaime was SO easy to communicate with and so flexible for all our meetings. She was perfectly on time for all the events. Verbena designs, Jaime in particular, was AMAZING. We would recommend this florist for ANY event you may have. Do not look anywhere else, just choose them!!

Sent on 05/27/2019
  • W

Wendy Lou · Married on 02/16/2019

Verbena Designs is the Best in the Business!

Verbena Design provides excellent quality service and extremely easy to work with. Jen is a consummate professional and brilliant at her trade. She made wedding planning easy and stress-free with her creative ideas and positive attitude. I really enjoyed working with her. I was in awe when the flowers arrived at how big and beautiful the bouquets were, they exceeded my expectations. The table arrangements were lovely, and she also designed our cake, which was stunning. Highly recommended!

Sent on 04/04/2019
    Verbena Designs 24
  • Emily

Daniel Terrani · Married on 12/06/2018

Creative, Stunning, Abundant, Fresh Flowers

All I can say is wow!!! Jen and her team provided me with the wedding flowers of my dreams. We had a massive wedding with a very diverse group and Verbena delivered us the most abundant, full and fresh flowers. They were absolutely stunning, unique and exactly what I had envisioned. They really were able to transform my vision and direction into the most gorgeous arrangement of flowers. The flowers were also so incredibly fresh that the whole room smelled like we were standing in a garden/field of flowers. I also want to thank Jen and her team for how patient and accommodating she was for me and my family. I had so many questions, changed my mind a bunch of times and vented wedding anxiety to her. Every time she calmed me down with such patience and love. I still am obsessing over the awesome job she did and my bouquet is the background of my phone - every time I look at it it makes me smile. Thanks Verbena!!!

Sent on 12/17/2018
    Verbena Designs 31
    Verbena Designs 32

Caitlin A Meuser · Married on 10/14/2018

Amazing Florist from Start to Finish

It's simple - Verbena is the best! When I started looking into florists for my October 2018 wedding, I really didn't have any idea where to begin. Verbena was 1 of 3 florists I met with, and after meeting with Jaime and Jen the decision became a no-brainer. All I told them was I wanted to incorporate sunflowers and some greenery into my centerpieces and bouquets, and they created the most BEAUTIFUL sunflower and eucalyptus combination I have ever seen. My bouquet had white roses as well and I am still being complimented about my flowers! Many guests told me it was the most beautiful bouquets they had ever seen. During my final meeting with them, they gave me a sunflower to bring home to my grandmother who is suffering with dementia - I will never forget their thoughtfulness. They are a pleasure to work with and I highly recommend to all brides!

Sent on 10/30/2018
    Verbena Designs 33

Brianna · Married on 09/01/2018

Verbena did an AMAZING job on all my flowers for my wedding. I had a difficult time finding a florist who understood my vision, and Verbena nailed it. I wanted a special flower piece in my hair and they created a beautiful one for both my trial and day of. They also created beautiful baby's breath flower crowns for my bridesmaids. I had many compliments on my flowers, and the price was very reasonable. I highly recommend Verbena!

Sent on 09/04/2018
    Verbena Designs 34
    Verbena Designs 35
    Verbena Designs 36
    Verbena Designs 37

Alyssa · Married on 08/25/2018

Verbena designs is simply amazing!!! They were the only florist recommended by my venue and I can now see why. I am beyond happy that I went with them. I worked mostly with Jamie and also met once with Jen and they were both a dream to work with. I really did not know much about flowers, except for the colors and centerpiece style that I wanted, when I first called. I sent Jamie a few photos from pinterest and she literally brought my vision to life. I cried when I first received and read her proposal. She is truly a master at what she does!! Jamie was so professional each step of the way and I felt like I was in the best hands during the entire planning process. Everything was perfect and on time the day of the wedding and everyone wanted to take our centerpieces home at the end of night. Highly highly recommend Verbena Designs!!!

Sent on 09/01/2018

Kerri · Married on 07/30/2018

I chose Verbena Designs for my July wedding and I couldn't have been happier with the way everything looked. Jen and her team were so professional and everything was placed perfectly. My flowers were absolutely gorgeous, and my friends still comment about how beautiful our beach wedding was! Thank you for doing such an amazing job!

Sent on 01/22/2018
    Verbena Designs 38
    Verbena Designs 39

ashley · Married on 07/03/2018

I used Verbena for my wedding on 7/3/18. Meeting with Jen and Jaime was fun and easy!! They both really listen to what you want and are very patient. My flowers came out BEAUTIFUL and I would totally recommend using Verbena to anyone!

Sent on 07/24/2018
    Verbena Designs 40
    Verbena Designs 41
    Verbena Designs 42

Jill · Married on 06/02/2018

Verbena did a beautiful job, and worked with us so well to bring our vision to life! I would just describe the vibe of the wedding day and they were able to come up with the most beautiful flowers on the spot that fully matched our taste. For the men, the boutonniere's were succulents which both matched all of our flowers and were a huge HIT and totally different. I was obsessed with my bouquet and the bridesmaids bouquets which were ethereal and stunning and unique. Everyone is also so kind and I loved working with them!

Sent on 06/21/2018

Alyssa · Married on 05/26/2018

My Husband and I were very discouraged when it came to picking a florist. Each meeting we had went poorly and we didn't feel we were ever going to agree on a florist.. until we met with Jamie and Jen at Verbena. I cannot even explain how amazing they were. They were so professional and on top of everything every step of the way. After our first meeting, they provided a formal proposal with pictures of potential flowers and color schemes, which I loved. We told them our color was coral and we wanted to match that as best as possible. I provided them with a swatch of my bridesmaids dresses and they rolled with it. We were able to see a sample centerpiece a few months prior to the wedding which was incredibly helpful (and the sample was beautiful). EVERYTHING went smoothly the day of the wedding. They did our centerpieces, bouquets, boutonnieres, flowers for my hair, and our ceremony decor. For the ceremony, we had an archway, petals down the aisle, and bouquets on every few rows. The archway was more perfect and beautiful then I pictured. For a couple who did not think we cared at all about the flowers, we were so pleasantly surprised how much we loved them. I would recommend Verbena in a heartbeat.

Sent on 06/10/2018
    Verbena Designs 43
    Verbena Designs 44
    Verbena Designs 45
    Verbena Designs 46

Victoria · Married on 05/26/2018

My wife and I got married in May of 2018. Our venue had recommended Verbena due to their exceptional reputation. We are incredibly thankful that they did so! We knew nothing about flowers. We called various popular local florists in the area, and it always felt like a sales pitch. When we met at Verbena, the staff took the time to teach us about flowers, color schemes, and what complimented our venue. We were not rushed by any means! They are SO organized. Prior to the wedding they provided samples of our center pieces. Our contract was immediately printed with photos depicting the flower styles and colors we had chosen. The florist worked with our budget and our flowers were stunning. On our wedding day, the Verbena crew worked diligently to make everything perfect. We 100% recommend going in for a consultation meeting, you will be SO pleased!!

Sent on 06/11/2018
    Verbena Designs 47

Sage · Married on 05/19/2018

I cannot even begin to explain how Jen at Verbena Designs made all my wedding dreams come true. I actually had a lot of trouble finding a florist—I met with many people and I just didn’t feel that they understood my vision—until I met Jen. A couple things that drew me in:
    1. She listens—she REALLY listens. She doesn’t want to sell you on anything, she wants to hear what you envision and then she brings it to life.
    2. She smiles and laughs—this is important. You want your vendors to be people that you WANT to see on your wedding day—Jen is one of those people. I walked into my wedding venue, took one look at the chuppah that she BUILT FOR ME FROM SCRATCH and we embraced in a big hug!
    3. She is insanely organized—she has her business down to a science. She had me “try on” different bouquets for size (never saw this done anywhere else!) andddd her contract was seriously a work of art!!! Now I’m not one to study a contract, but when I opened it I immediately called my mom and said: “I just received the most brilliant contract I’ve ever seen!” Jen keeps it organized in a way that makes sense, along with VISUALS!! I was seriously sold.
    4. She doesn’t stop working ever—she always has her clients visions in her head. She saw a fallen branch on a persons property, thought of me and what I wanted for my chuppah, rang the persons doorbell and asked for the fallen branch—she used it to create my EXACT vision.
    5. She communicates very well—she was always quick to respond and flexible with my decisions (as I did make some changes along the way, including ON my wedding day!).
    6. Oh and did I mention her office/studio!? Organization queen to the max, amazing staff, and overall an unbelievable experience!!
    Thank you Jen and Verbena Designs!!

Sent on 07/27/2018

Daniela · Married on 04/28/2018

Verbena has the most beautiful work and I was dying to book them the minute I saw some of their photos on social media. They were recommended to me by The Inn at New Hyde Park and given the rustic feel I was going for, my event planner told me they would probably be the perfect fit. Jaime and Jen were so easy to work with - always answering me and giving honest advice on what would work best with the venue and my vision. They reviewed all our details each time I asked and were so accommodating of my changes. We used them for boutonnieres, bouquets, centerpieces, decor walking down the aisle, flowers above the alter and decor for our place card table. I was in complete awe when I walked into our venue and saw how beautiful they made our tables and centerpiece table look, including during the ceremony when I walked down the aisle. Everything shocked me and exceeded my expectations. They also made mine and my bridesmaids bouquets better than I ever could have imagined. When I was initially shopping around for other florists, they were able to match the price and their customer service was perfect. I highly recommend Verbena for any event.

Sent on 05/15/2018

Randi · Married on 11/05/2017

Jen and the Verbena team did an amazimg job with my wedding flowers! I went in with some pictures but I was alittle all over the place. Jen was wonderful. She took what I wanted and what she knew would work best for the venue and season and put together a storyboard that was perfect! She has such a talent! Everything came out beautiful and I could not be happier. I would highly recommend!! Thank you for everything :)

Sent on 11/22/2017
    Verbena Designs 48

Rocio · Married on 10/05/2017

I wish i can give this company more stars. They WERE AMAZING. You get what you pay for. She was amazing. All i wanted was trees for my center pieces and thats what i got. I dealt with Jenn and she was a dream. So understanding. She took everything i said in consideration and went above and beyond. I didnt want the conventional flowers for centerpieces. I asked for trees and wood and vines. She created the most amazing centerpieces for me. She even went extra and decorated more on the walls and made sure everything looked top notch. I gave her artistic freedom to do whatever the hell she wanted. That's how much faith i had in her. She was THE MOST pleasant vendor i dealt with. If you are looking for someone creative, understanding, giving, genuinely giving a hoot about your event this is the person to deal with. Her staff were amazing. They all cared, they all wanted this to look its best and i am so impressed by her hands. You have to book with this company, by far easiest pay, loving staff...i can go on for days! I cant give more stars because its not an option!

Sent on 10/13/2017

Johanna · Married on 09/23/2017

Jaime was a dream to work with! I don't know much about florals but she totally took my vision and went to town with it! My bouquets and centerpieces were so pretty and I received so many compliments for my black tie wedding.

Sent on 10/07/2017

Christine · Married on 09/23/2017

Verbena Designs was absolutley wonderful to work with! I met with Jenny and told her my vision and she was absolutely wonderful in executing it! Throughout the process I had a few changes and they were able to accommodate without a problem! The centerpieces, corsages, boutonnieres, and bouquets were absolutely beautiful. They also make one complementary centerpiece so that you can see what it would look like and make any changes, which absolutely puts your nerves to rest. I highly recommend using Verbena as your florist!!!

Sent on 10/09/2017

Allison · Married on 09/17/2017

verbena florist was truly an amazing florist to work with. I do not have knowledge regarding arrangements and flowers but jen and her team handled everything perfectlyand patiently and put together the floral vision I wanted. The team is very receptive and truly takes your ideas and brings them to life. The flowers at my wedding were stunning! I would recommended verbena to everyone and anyone looking for a florist.

Sent on 10/05/2017

Jessica · Married on 09/09/2017

From the first sit down with Jen I knew we had to go with Verbena for our florist. She was thorough, extremely kind and detailed from the beginning, much more than any other florist I met with. Throughout the months leading up to it both Jen and Jamie answered my emails and questions in a timely fashion and brought my dreams to life day of the wedding. Our archway was stunning, I am obsessed with the pictures but their creativity amazes me. Our bouquets, boutonnières and corsages were also made with beautiful flowers and arranged perfectly. Don't hesitate, go with Verbena!

Sent on 09/29/2017