Venue 1223 Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

• Gabby
    Gabby M. Getting married on 01/09/2022

The BEST wedding food!

We are so thankful we went with Downtown Catering Co. Truly the best decision! Food was amazing. And HOT!

Venue 1223's reply:

Thank you Gabby! You were a beautiful bride and a gracious client. Best of everything to you and Patrick!
    Marida Getting married on 11/13/2021

Bat Mitzvah

Maren and her team did an excellent job for my daughter’s Bat Mitzvah. She was very helpful in working within my budget and putting together a menu that both the kids and adults loved. The food was delicious! The venue itself was perfect for our group of about 85 guests. We utilized the outdoor space for cornhole and inside we set up two buffets, a bar, and a dance floor. We even used the “classroom” for a dessert room.

The Downtown Catering team also catered our luncheon earlier that same day. Again, the team was professional and the food was great.

I definitely recommend Venue 1223 and the Downtown Catering team!

• Briana
    Briana W. Married on 10/04/2021

Beautiful Venue!!!

Great venue for weddings less than 100 people. Beautiful reception area, very cute garden area for ceremony, wonderful staff, amazing food, I could go on and on!! I’m so so glad we decided to have our wedding here!! Would DEFINITELY recommend to anyone!
    Lindsey A. Married on 05/22/2021

Weddings, Work Events, Anything Really!!

Maren and the Downtown Catering staff are WONDERFUL to work with for any occasion. We have used Downtown Catering for our work Christmas parties for the last two years and have already booked them for two events we have planned for this year.

Venue 1223's reply:

Lindsey thank you so much for your business and love for Downtown Catering Company! We greatly appreciate your support and taking the time to share your feedback with others. We look forward to serving you again!
    Jeanne M. Married on 11/11/2020

Stress-Free and Wonderful !

We could not have been happier with the catering at my daughters reception. So many people said it was the best wedding food they have ever had. Leah was so helpful and wonderful to work with, and took so much stress off me ! It was the easiest part of the wedding planning!

Mrs. Mariaca!
    Thank you!! We do our best to be sure to remove as much wedding planning stress as possible, and to serve the hottest, freshest food guests will remember. Best wishes to you and your family!
    Leah
  • Alexa
    Alexa B. Married on 03/14/2020

The perfect venue!!

Wow, I couldn’t imagine a better place to have a wedding reception. The space was so beautiful with the floral arrangements from Wimbee Creek Farm. When we arrived, Tiara had a plate of hors d’oeuvres waiting for each of us (the pimento grilled cheese bites were AMAZING...so many guests commented on how good they were.) We had about 80 guests and the space was perfect. We had the bar outside which was really nice for the guests to be able to cool off when they went outside to grab a drink. There was plenty of space for the dance floor, so nobody was bumping into one another or stepping on toes. Tiara brought us our dinner and made sure we had whatever we wanted throughout the night which was so incredibly helpful, especially since we were trying to get around to see all our guests. The food was excellent (we had the southern BBQ buffet). I would highly recommend this venue for a wedding reception for anyone who is considering a Hilton Head/Bluffton wedding!
  • Victoria
    Tori M. Married on 11/22/2019

Perfect Venue for a Southern Lowcountry Wedding

We HIGHLY RECOMMEND VENUE 1223 & DOWNTOWN DELI CATERING! We had our wedding at their location and catering done by them. My new husband has some food allergies and they went above and beyond to accommodate us, as well as the other guests. Maren was or coordinator for the wedding and she made the day so much more special with thinking of the little details we forgot about. She allowed us to be able to just enjoy our special day with friends and family! Couldn't have done it without her and the amazing staff! It was the perfect location for the southern, lowcountry style wedding we were dreaming of. This is a great location for all types of parties and meetings. We will definitely be using them again!
  • Dawn
    Dawn Z. Married on 06/20/2019

Destination Wedding in Bluffton, SC

We visited the venue and met Leah, one of the owner's, while it was still under construction. Leah described the vision as urban meets low country and we booked! We also hired their event specialist, Maren. Since we were coming from Ohio and incorporating a vacation around the wedding day, Maren didn't let us down on taking care of everything so we could enjoy family time, pool and beach, and visiting guests who came down to be with us. We also were without a photographer 2 days before the wedding due to an accident and within an hour Maren had us in touch with another and they were phenomenal. Although we had only met a couple of times, Leah surprised me and came to the venue to give me a hug and say congratulations. That meant alot!
    Kaytie M. Married on 05/04/2019

Downtown catering gave us the wedding of our dreams!

The decision to hire Downtown Catering for our wedding was the best one we made throughout the entire thing! From the start, Leah and Nicolette were incredibly helpful, organized, gave us a ton of recommendations for other vendors, and were responsive to helping our vision come to life. We planned a destination wedding with little knowledge of what was available in HHI, and they worked within our budget, helped us think through things that weren’t even on our radar, and had incredible professionalism throughout. This is all even before we got to the day of. The week or two before our wedding they coordinated with all of our vendors, double checked plans and showed up early to set up and bring everything to life. We walked into our venue before our ceremony and both could have cried - everything was perfect and they used their own creativity to make every detail look like a dream (designing the space beautifully through little direction/explanation!). All of my guests commented on the unbelievable food (the entrees were amazing, and I had several people proclaim the crab cakes were the best they’d ever had!), the outstanding service and the awesome attitudes and helpfulness of the staff and planning team. They thought through everything and were so attentive to making it such a wonderful and memorable experience for my husband, me and our families. I couldn’t sing their praises or recommend them any more than I do! They singlehandedly made our wedding dreams come true and I would work with them for any event I could in the future.

Leah & Nicolette - thank you so much for such a wonderful experience! You became like friends to us and we were so thrilled and happy with your work and dedication to our day.
  • W
    Whitney Married on 09/29/2018

Dedicated and Wonderful Team to work with!

Leah and the team at Downtown Catering were amazing! We had a plan A and a plan B for rain but the weather took a turn on us and dropped a substantial amount of rain very quickly putting our venue basically under water about 2 hours before show time. They worked with the Beaufort Inn and within minutes had come up with a PLAN C....and they executed it perfectly. We know it was not easy...they literally moved our entire wedding to another venue two blocks down the road with only two hours to make it happen. Everyone seemed to stay calm and rally together to make it work and allowed me (bride) to stay indoors and hang out with my girls getting ready!:) I barely knew of all the craziness occurring outside because they just made a plan, asked for my ok, then and made it happen. All I can say is how grateful I am that we had Leah and her team that day....it was one of the most incredible days of our life and it didn't matter whether it happened under the Spanish Moss hung trees, in a garden or indoors in a rustic/contemporary space. All we cared about was getting married and having our friends/family together and this team helped to make that happen and to make it beautiful despite the many changes that occurred in a short amount of time. I would highly recommend Downtown Catering if you are looking for a planner/team to work alongside...they made sure the day was nothing short of special and incredible!
    Gayle Married on 06/09/2018

Downtown Catering was Wonderful!

Downtown Catering catered our son's wedding in June 2018 at the Beaufort Inn. The food was wonderful. Starters were passed and were so yummy we ran out quickly! The brisket got rave reviews and everyone loved all of the sides (collards, gouda mac n cheese, garlic mashed)! The cornbread and honey butter is amazing. One of our guests said it tasted like cake! This company is easy to work with and even made some last minute changes on numbers without freaking out! I would highly recommend Downtown Catering for your wedding or party! Maren Rogers (Catering Event Specialist) coordinated everything beautifully! You won't be disappointed!
    Amanda Married on 04/25/2015

Used Downtown catering for 2 events and absolutely outstanding experience!

We have used Downtown catering for 2 events now and both times were blown away at their professionalism, attention to detail, and quality of the food and cake. Would highly recommend and will definitely use for future events. They took the stress away so we could enjoy our time with our guests. First class service all the way!!
    Ashleigh W. Married on 12/11/2018

Special celebration made easy and wonderful

Our company planned a special celebration for top-level management over the holidays and we vetted a few local caterers for the 50-person dinner event. Downtown Catering was a pleasure to work with for menu concepts and service, providing detailed quotes, and working with change requests. They went above and beyond, even dressing up the dinner stations with fresh cut greenery. They are on our short list to call again!
  • Laurie
    Laurie B. Married on 11/01/2018

Consistent Quality

When I plan an event, service and quality are important. I recommend Venue 1223, as the quality of food and service is excellent. I've used their catering services for several of my events as well, and highly recommend them. Good selection of options that fit any occasion.