Velveteen Ensemble Reviews

Velveteen Ensemble 4
  • Sonia

Sonia Minervini · Married on 10/05/2019

Amazing!!!

Marcel & his team were absolutely amazing!! Great communication, kind, reliable, &super open to any requests/suggestions! I was so excited to have them perform at my wedding so much that Ive expressed saying I wish as the bride if I could just sit with the guests just to watch them, when he afterwards sent me a video of their live performances for me to enjoy! Thank you so so much! Having yall be apart if my ceremony was so special & priceless! Thank you all so very much! My husband kept talking about how great yall were & how perfect it was.. Guests were also super impressed as well!! Again, thank you a million times! Love the new Mrs. & Mr. Minervini

Sent on 10/08/2019
  • Caroline

Caroline L · Married on 09/01/2019

Made all the difference to garden wedding!

We had Velveteen Ensemble for our botanical garden wedding and they made all the difference!

1. Easy to work with, flexible. Always responded promptly to our questions. We decided to have live string music for our ceremony relatively late into wedding and they were able to accommodate

2. Amazing musicians, large repertoire of music to choose from

3. Guests LOVED the music

Sent on 09/28/2019

Anastasia Gablinsky · Married on 12/15/2018

Super flexible ensemble!

Velveteen Ensemble was PHENOMENAL! They were super flexible about learning a few new pieces we requested and they played exactly what we wanted them to play for our wedding day. They have a huge list of repertoire and their pop music is incredible. Thanks so much!!

Sent on 12/22/2018

Monica · Married on 10/13/2018

Incredible Experience!

We cannot thank Marcel and Velveteen Ensemble enough for the music, professionalism and joy they brought to our wedding day. We received so many compliments and most, if not all!, were about the quartet. From the very beginning, Marcel was communicative, helpful and listened to all of our million planning questions. He sent us an incredible list of music the ensemble already knew and even learned 3 new pieces because they were special to us as a couple. And when I say the music was gorgeous, I mean GORGEOUS. Definitely check them out on social media; the sound is incredible. We would book them over and over again and are so glad we have video for years to come! Highly recommend them. Thank you a million times, VE!

Sent on 11/15/2018

Anna · Married on 10/11/2018

Amazing ensemble!

Velveteen Ensemble was awesome at our wedding! They were punctual, performed every piece requested (also arranged a couple of special pieces for us,) and overall amazing to work with. Can’t recommend them highly enough!

Kate Franklin · Married on 10/08/2018

Highly recommended!

Marcel and Velveteen Ensemble were amazing at our wedding. They really elevated the whole atmosphere and we can’t recommend them highly enough. If you're looking for the right vendor - it's them! I'm so glad I found them. :) Thank you

John Lee · Married on 10/06/2018

Amazing string quartet!

You guys made our wedding amazing. Thanks so much. You all sounded great. We received so many compliments!

Sent on 12/22/2018

Leslie Thomas · Married on 10/01/2018

Breathtaking

They were breathtaking and amazing. My guess and I were completely blown away with the performance of these remarkable individuals. The selection for our first dance was "Perfect by Ed Sheeran" and like the song's title it was played perfectly. I believed it sounded better than the original. All in all they were great and I my wife and I were pleased.

Michael Komito · Married on 09/23/2018

Above and beyond!

Marcel and Velveteen Ensemble were phenomenal. They made our wedding super special and went beyond our expectations. We were all super impressed and everyone from our wedding is still telling us how blown away they were. We are recommending them to everyone we know and hope to work with Velveteen Ensemble in the future!

Sent on 11/09/2018

Angela · Married on 09/08/2018

Great performance and super accommodating! Marcel and his team helped to make our wedding truly magical! As a classically trained pianist myself, having a quartet was a must and they really delivered. They are able to perform a wide number of classical pieces, including traditional Chinese songs at an excellent value. I would definitely recommend them to a friend!

Sent on 09/22/2018

Marina Baskharoun · Married on 08/25/2018

Majestic quartet

What an elegant addition to my cocktail hour. I received SO many compliments about the music they played and how well they played the songs. They have such a large selection and very well known songs it’s wonderfuo when it translates into a quartet. They were courteous, professional and on time. The hour went by flawlessly and too fast at that. Would recommended to anyone who wants a special addition on their wedding day.

Sent on 11/21/2018

Kristin · Married on 08/11/2018

Marcel and the Velventeen Ensemble are amazing! They are incredible musicians and did a wonderful job performing Dear Theodosia from Hamilton for my walk down the aisle. I highly recommend them!!

Sent on 08/25/2018
  • Anelise

Anelise · Married on 05/31/2018

They are amazing - book now!!

The Velveteen Ensemble was exceptional. We had the String Quartet for 1 hour. For the first 30 minutes our guests were arriving and we had them playing fun songs - like Jurassic Park and Game of Thrones theme songs, Taylor Swift, Beatles and even Despacito! Our guests absolutely loved it. The quartet moved to our ceremony space and played another 30 minuts for our ceremony. They have a really extensive list of songs with traditional and modern ones. They were totally open to learning new songs for us, which we loved.

The customer service was great. Marcel got back to us right away whenever we needed and we always felt we were in great hands. After doing some price research, we've also found them to be very reasonably priced. The quartet looked very professional and everything went perfectly, according to plan.

We got a lot of compliments from our guests (some of them are musicians themselves!) and even our photographer, who has been to a bunch of weddings, said she was impressed with the quartet. I couldn't recommend them more!

Sent on 01/20/2019
    Velveteen Ensemble 5
    Velveteen Ensemble 6
    Velveteen Ensemble 7
    Velveteen Ensemble 8

Juan Carlos · Married on 05/26/2018

Couldn't have asked for a better wedding string quartet!

The Velveteen Ensemble helped make our wedding an unbelievable experience that we will never forget! From the beginning, Marcel and his team were incredibly warm and attentive. They showed awesome flexibility with music selection, were always available to answer questions, and worked seamlessly with the venue to leave us without a worry. Their most important trait, however, was their unbelievable music talent. The quartet gave our ceremony an amazing soundtrack that no one will ever forget, and their contemporary sound at the cocktail hour made that party unforgettable. We could not have asked for a more incredible experience with the Velveteen Ensemble!

Sent on 11/01/2018

Harriet · Married on 09/30/2017

We hires Velveteen Ensemble for our daughters wedding. Everything we asked, Mr. Marcel Krasner worked with us. The selection of music exceeded our expectations as did the music played. While the music was played, guests arrived and the four string quartet was playing! It wasn't until we heard again on a video did we realize that we made the right choice. We highly recommend the Velveteen Ensemble.

Sent on 11/07/2017

Molly · Married on 08/11/2017

The quartet sounded fantastic and Marcel was great to work with. Thank you, Velveteen Ensemble!

Sent on 08/19/2017

Andrew · Married on 07/29/2017

My wife, the bridal party, both sets of parents, and several guests told me repeatedly how beautiful the music at our wedding ceremony was thanks to this amazing string quartet. We wanted a specially requested song, typically performed by an entire orchestra, for my bride-to-be to walk down the aisle to. The Velveteen Ensemble was not only able to accommodate us with this arrangement when most others I spoke to weren't, but they did so at no additional cost and even sent us a video of them performing their arrangement before we finalized our booking to make sure my bride would love it. They were courteous, professional, punctual (despite having to travel for the event), and incredibly talented. They are absolutely amazing musicians, and I can't recommend them highly enough!

Sent on 08/01/2017
  • F

Felipe · Married on 07/17/2017

The Velveteen Ensemble made my wedding day unforgettable! Highly recommended!!

Sent on 07/31/2017

Michael · Married on 07/14/2017

We hired Velveteen Ensemble for the ceremony and cocktail hour and were blown away! We requested some pieces that were not in their catalogue but had the option to have it specifically arranged for us and we are so glad we did. Marcel was super responsive to our emails and calls and I highly recommend you work with him today. The Velveteen Ensemble made our wedding so special!

Sent on 08/01/2017

Hai · Married on 08/20/2016

The Velveteen Ensemble performed at our wedding ceremony this past August. From the start, Marcel was amazing to work with - he was very responsive on email and very flexible with our requests in picking music. The Ensemble's repertoire is expansive (you can see every song they can play on their website). The best part, though, was that we had a couple special requests, and they easily learned the songs and played them without any hitches during the prelude and actual ceremony. Our guests were delighted and very impressed with the performance. I cannot recommend Velveteen Ensemble enough - beautiful service, music and professionalism, and they made our special day even better!

Sent on 08/31/2016

Danny · Married on 06/18/2016

Marcel and his quartet played our ceremony with beautiful, soft string music. Marcel was also very responsive to us over email and was very patient with us on the wedding day. Highly recommend! -Danny & Ara

Sent on 06/23/2016

Absolutely amazing quartet. My friends took videos of the quartet while waiting for the ceremony to start and posted them on Facebook bc they were so impressed! Marcel was extremely responsive to both emails and phone calls. The group was flexible as I made changes along the way. I was unsure if we would have flower children walk down the stairs alone or with maid of honor and if I would walk alone or with parents and they let me make the decision the day of (which affects the music). They were great with both classical and covers. If they didn't have a cover in their song list, they learned it even though I asked last minute. I can not thank Marcel and the rest of the group enough. They were true professionals and one of the vendors that made everything totally stress free and smooth.

Sent on 04/30/2016

We got married at the Botanical Gardens on 12/18. The Velveteen Ensemble truly made my wedding dreams come true. I have always been a Smashing Pumpkins fan, and I always wanted to walk down the aisle to "Tonight, Tonight". They played the song beautifully, and while our guests were waiting, they played so many great songs that our friends and family really enjoyed (Game of Thrones theme, Superman theme, Star Wars theme, etc). They were great to work with, being responsive and flexible. Everyone was talking about how cool our music was, and how it added to the atmosphere. I would highly recommend The Velveteen. They truly helped us to personalize our wedding, thus making it very special.

Sent on 12/19/2015

Jen · Married on 09/06/2015

Amazing String Quartet!

I used Velveteen Ensembles for my outdoor wedding ceremony this past September, and I was thrilled with them! They were extremely professional and easy to work with throughout the wedding planning process. They also have a HUGE repertoire of songs to choose from- so many that it was hard to choose our favorites! They play all of your standard classical songs, as well as more current songs (everything from Coldplay to Dave Matthews to Passion Pit!) They are also very reasonably priced. They are wonderful musicians and I would use them again in a heartbeat. I can't recommend them highly enough!

Sent on 10/01/2015

Anthony · Married on 07/02/2015

Marcel and the rest of the Velveteen Ensemble were competently accommodating with my numerous requests. They were able to successfully raise the caliber of our wedding up to the level that we were aiming for and more.

Sent on 02/04/2016