Velveteen Ensemble Reviews

28 | New York, NY

28 Reviews for Velveteen Ensemble

Monica · Married on 10/13/2018

Incredible Experience!

We cannot thank Marcel and Velveteen Ensemble enough for the music, professionalism and joy they brought to our wedding day. We received so many compliments and most, if not all!, were about the quartet. From the very beginning, Marcel was communicative, helpful and listened to all of our million planning questions. He sent us an incredible list of music the ensemble already knew and even learned 3 new pieces because they were special to us as a couple. And when I say the music was gorgeous, I mean GORGEOUS. Definitely check them out on social media; the sound is incredible. We would book them over and over again and are so glad we have video for years to come! Highly recommend them. Thank you a million times, VE!

Anna · Married on 10/11/2018

Amazing ensemble!

Velveteen Ensemble was awesome at our wedding! They were punctual, performed every piece requested (also arranged a couple of special pieces for us,) and overall amazing to work with. Can’t recommend them highly enough!

Kate Franklin · Married on 10/08/2018

Highly recommended!

Marcel and Velveteen Ensemble were amazing at our wedding. They really elevated the whole atmosphere and we can’t recommend them highly enough. If you're looking for the right vendor - it's them! I'm so glad I found them. :) Thank you

Leslie Thomas · Married on 10/01/2018

Breathtaking

They were breathtaking and amazing. My guess and I were completely blown away with the performance of these remarkable individuals. The selection for our first dance was "Perfect by Ed Sheeran" and like the song's title it was played perfectly. I believed it sounded better than the original. All in all they were great and I my wife and I were pleased.

Michael Komito · Married on 09/23/2018

Above and beyond!

Marcel and Velveteen Ensemble were phenomenal. They made our wedding super special and went beyond our expectations. We were all super impressed and everyone from our wedding is still telling us how blown away they were. We are recommending them to everyone we know and hope to work with Velveteen Ensemble in the future!

Angela · Married on 09/08/2018

Great performance and super accommodating! Marcel and his team helped to make our wedding truly magical! As a classically trained pianist myself, having a quartet was a must and they really delivered. They are able to perform a wide number of classical pieces, including traditional Chinese songs at an excellent value. I would definitely recommend them to a friend!

Kristin · Married on 08/11/2018

Marcel and the Velventeen Ensemble are amazing! They are incredible musicians and did a wonderful job performing Dear Theodosia from Hamilton for my walk down the aisle. I highly recommend them!!

Juan Carlos · Married on 05/26/2018

Couldn't have asked for a better wedding string quartet!

The Velveteen Ensemble helped make our wedding an unbelievable experience that we will never forget! From the beginning, Marcel and his team were incredibly warm and attentive. They showed awesome flexibility with music selection, were always available to answer questions, and worked seamlessly with the venue to leave us without a worry. Their most important trait, however, was their unbelievable music talent. The quartet gave our ceremony an amazing soundtrack that no one will ever forget, and their contemporary sound at the cocktail hour made that party unforgettable. We could not have asked for a more incredible experience with the Velveteen Ensemble!

Harriet · Married on 09/30/2017

We hires Velveteen Ensemble for our daughters wedding. Everything we asked, Mr. Marcel Krasner worked with us. The selection of music exceeded our expectations as did the music played. While the music was played, guests arrived and the four string quartet was playing! It wasn't until we heard again on a video did we realize that we made the right choice. We highly recommend the Velveteen Ensemble.

Molly · Married on 08/11/2017

The quartet sounded fantastic and Marcel was great to work with. Thank you, Velveteen Ensemble!

Andrew · Married on 07/29/2017

My wife, the bridal party, both sets of parents, and several guests told me repeatedly how beautiful the music at our wedding ceremony was thanks to this amazing string quartet. We wanted a specially requested song, typically performed by an entire orchestra, for my bride-to-be to walk down the aisle to. The Velveteen Ensemble was not only able to accommodate us with this arrangement when most others I spoke to weren't, but they did so at no additional cost and even sent us a video of them performing their arrangement before we finalized our booking to make sure my bride would love it. They were courteous, professional, punctual (despite having to travel for the event), and incredibly talented. They are absolutely amazing musicians, and I can't recommend them highly enough!

• F

Felipe · Married on 07/17/2017

The Velveteen Ensemble made my wedding day unforgettable! Highly recommended!!

Michael · Married on 07/14/2017

We hired Velveteen Ensemble for the ceremony and cocktail hour and were blown away! We requested some pieces that were not in their catalogue but had the option to have it specifically arranged for us and we are so glad we did. Marcel was super responsive to our emails and calls and I highly recommend you work with him today. The Velveteen Ensemble made our wedding so special!

Danny · Married on 06/18/2016

Marcel and his quartet played our ceremony with beautiful, soft string music. Marcel was also very responsive to us over email and was very patient with us on the wedding day. Highly recommend! -Danny & Ara

Absolutely amazing quartet. My friends took videos of the quartet while waiting for the ceremony to start and posted them on Facebook bc they were so impressed! Marcel was extremely responsive to both emails and phone calls. The group was flexible as I made changes along the way. I was unsure if we would have flower children walk down the stairs alone or with maid of honor and if I would walk alone or with parents and they let me make the decision the day of (which affects the music). They were great with both classical and covers. If they didn't have a cover in their song list, they learned it even though I asked last minute. I can not thank Marcel and the rest of the group enough. They were true professionals and one of the vendors that made everything totally stress free and smooth.

We got married at the Botanical Gardens on 12/18. The Velveteen Ensemble truly made my wedding dreams come true. I have always been a Smashing Pumpkins fan, and I always wanted to walk down the aisle to "Tonight, Tonight". They played the song beautifully, and while our guests were waiting, they played so many great songs that our friends and family really enjoyed (Game of Thrones theme, Superman theme, Star Wars theme, etc). They were great to work with, being responsive and flexible. Everyone was talking about how cool our music was, and how it added to the atmosphere. I would highly recommend The Velveteen. They truly helped us to personalize our wedding, thus making it very special.

Jen · Married on 09/06/2015

Amazing String Quartet!

I used Velveteen Ensembles for my outdoor wedding ceremony this past September, and I was thrilled with them! They were extremely professional and easy to work with throughout the wedding planning process. They also have a HUGE repertoire of songs to choose from- so many that it was hard to choose our favorites! They play all of your standard classical songs, as well as more current songs (everything from Coldplay to Dave Matthews to Passion Pit!) They are also very reasonably priced. They are wonderful musicians and I would use them again in a heartbeat. I can't recommend them highly enough!

Anthony · Married on 07/02/2015

Marcel and the rest of the Velveteen Ensemble were competently accommodating with my numerous requests. They were able to successfully raise the caliber of our wedding up to the level that we were aiming for and more.

Gino · Married on 06/06/2015

Marcel and his team were beyond excellent. Marcel was very responsive and accomodating throughout the entire process. His ensemble is incredibly talented and I highly recommend them for any type of function. They made my ceremony and cocktail hour extremely memorable and I thank him and his team for same.

The Velveteen Ensemble played before and after our wedding ceremony. They were extremely professional throughout the booking process and on the day of as well. Our guests were very impressed with their talent and loved the uniqueness of having a quartet play during the ceremony time. I accidentally started the walk down the aisle earlier than we told them to be prepared for because I couldn't wait any longer and they were extremely adaptable in switching over to the correct entrance song. I would highly recommend the quartet to all for a variety of events. I hope I have another event to utilize their talent for soon!

Jenny · Married on 04/11/2015

The Velveteen ensemble played at our outdoor wedding in Central Park Conservancy. I was a little nervous in case it rained but Marcel couldn't be more helpful. They gave us info about deposits, ideas for alternate plans in case of bad weather etc.. He also provided excellent resources in the form of song lists and was accommodating of additional requests. My husband and I had a very happy afternoon listening to their songs, planning our intro and outro songs and also music covering the period while the guests arrived- I was only sorry that as the bride I missed some of that! On the day they were smartly dressed and really looked the part- they had a great sense of occasion and we have some charming photos of us with them playing in the background. I am leaving the best till last- their music is simply exquisite and moved the guests to tears- they really made the day special for us and we are truly grateful- highly recommend!

• F

Felicia · Married on 11/08/2014

The Velveteen Ensemble was great. They provided music for our ceremony, and everything went so smoothly. Marcel was extremely responsive throughout the whole pre-wedding process and even provided extra music samples when I was debating between two different processional songs. They were extremely flexible and sat outside during our chilly fall ceremony without complaints! The price is extremely reasonable - don't be skeptical because they are not charging a ridiculous amount like all the other ensembles. They are just as great as the other quartets charging 3-4 times as much! The music was perfect. High recommended!

Amanda · Married on 09/13/2014

This ensemble was top notch. They were the utmost professionals, extremely talented and flexible with adjusting their location throughout my event to deal with weather and last minute changes. They also played exactly the songs I requested even a special request song at exactly the right moment. I wish there wasn't a whole party going on so I could have just appreciated their beautiful music by its self. Highly recommend this group! They made my wedding so special.

James · Married on 10/10/2015

Having a string quartet play at my wedding was the one special thing I always wanted for my wedding, especially coming from a musical background myself. My (now) wife and I booked the Velveteen ensemble for our October wedding and we could not be happier with the result. The ensemble was very flexible with the selection of music we chose and required very little instruction for smoothly integrating into our wedding ceremony. I was also pleased with the music we didn't choose as we didn't have all of the selections planned out for the cocktail hour. Our guests had nothing but compliments for this ensemble and my experience with them was one of the least stressful parts of organizing our wedding.