Vellano Estate by Wedgewood Weddings Reviews

78 Reviews for Vellano Estate by Wedgewood Weddings

3.8
      3.5
      3.0

First off, we fell in love with this venue because it has a great view overlooking the city (especially at night!). It also has the classy simple feel I was going for (come on, it is a country club).

Rose, Madelon, and Whitney were all very helpful in putting this event together. I'm the type of bride that has a very unstable schedule and trying to get a hold of my vendors via phone during business hours is close to impossible. They replied very quickly via email or voice mail with the information I needed.

The day of the wedding, of course not everything goes smoothly, but The Vellano did their best to compensate for it. For instance, our seating chart purposely did not have a table 5 due to guest cancelling on us last minute. However, on the day of the wedding, it was placed and some of our guests were seated at that table. But when The Vellano staff got wind of it, they quickly moved our guests to the correct table. As compensation, they gave our extra hour 50% off -- which I SUPER appreciated since everyone was still tearing up the dance floor.

Sent on 07/01/2014

Jessica · Married on 12/28/2018

1.2
      2.0

Awful experience

Awful experience!. How can I start...well We had our wedding at this place last year. At the beginning we got really excited about the location and all the things included in the package which in our case was the second most expensive which "included" coordination services, minister and some other stuff. We closed the deal with one of the ladies on charge who was very proactive and helpful, the second appointment they changed our coordinator for another young lady who has a really careless attitude, you could feel how the only thing important for her on the meetings were the payments. We chose our food option and my fiancé was very clear when he asked if any of the dishes had pork, they clarified no; at the reception they served one dish that contains pork which was such a big problem for some members of our family who didn't even eat for religious reasons. Every single meeting that we had with vendors we needed to schedule ourselves even tho we paid for a coordination service, besides that we had to informed them every single thing that we arranged with vendors, there was 0 communication between the venue and vendors. About a month later from our wedding they sent some link to give our reviews, in which we were totally honest and exposed all our problems, so far we haven't had no even an apology for all the troubles. They just kept calling us asking nonsense things.Location is beautiful but their service is terrible, really lazy "coordinators". WE PAID FOR A SERVICE THAT WE DIDN'T RECEIVE

Sent on 04/01/2019

Vellano Estate by Wedgewood Weddings's reply:

I am sorry to read that you had a difficult time during the planning of your wedding and want to personally apologize. It appears that we were not clear on what our coordination services included. We pride ourselves on our customer service and take your comments very seriously. We will take this feedback to improve our communication with other booked couples. I personally have not seen other reviews you posted, but if you would like to talk with a regional manager please contact us at events@wedgewoodweddings.com and we will get your contacted with them.

-Carrie K | Customer Feedback Manager

Elle · Married on 06/03/2012

0.4
      0.5

Choosing Vellano C.C. as my venue is one of my biggest regrets. I had both ceremony and reception there. It's hard writing this review having to recollect such a horrible experience. The ceremony went fairly well compared to the reception but it was VERY, VERY windy, the water station that was promised to us in the contract was never set up, we had to rent our own audio, and the location is adjacent to a parking lot (not the best for pictures). The reception was absolute chaos. The cocktail hour room was cramped and uncomfortable for guests who were waiting, sitting, and eating on the stairs. Main course took 40 minutes to be served and wasn't served at the same time at each table. Food portions, taste, and plating were completely different from our food tasting. The food was bland, dry, and unappealing (what our guests said). Apple cider portion was ridiculously small (about 1/4 full). Both coordinators were no where to be found during dinner with parents scrambling to look for them. They didn't even notify us where they went. The kitchen staff had no one directing or guiding them. Servers were unprofessional, disrespectful, flustered and had plates crashing to the ground during dinner startling the guests. Coffee was served at a different time which ran out and was then served in beverage dispensers in a corner instead of served individually. Desserts weren't placed on empty seats when guests were taking pictures in the photo booth and then placed on a table in the corner just like the coffee. Guests returned to their tables with no desserts while other guests at their table were eating theirs. Our golf tickets included in our package were only sent to us 3 months after our wedding and that was AFTER we asked for them.

If you are considering having your wedding here, I would strongly reconsider. Due to room, I can't explain everything in this review. I do have a more specific review on YELP and you can message me there if you have any further questions.

Sent on 09/11/2012