Vecoma at the Yellow River Reviews

252 | Snellville, GA

252 Reviews for Vecoma at the Yellow River

Stephanie · Married on 08/10/2013

Our wedding day was perfect! My husband and I (plus some awesome friends & family) planned it without the use of a wedding planner. The whole process was simplified by having it at Vecoma at the Yellow River. We used Caroline for our photography and DJ Kirk handled the music for the service and reception. Both of them had a very professional approach and all the details were covered. And the Vecoma staff was very courteous and helpful before the event and on the day of the wedding. No question went unanswered and we always felt like we were special and that we were working with a vendor that really cared about pleasing us. From the first time we met with Caroline we knew this was the location we wanted to use. It was helpful that they provided a very useful list of suggested vendors to select from for other services too.

And Caroline handled her role as the photographer like a champ. She did her best to keep the wedding party on track to take photos and start the wedding on time. In the end, the photos were amazing!!! She captured so many shots I would have never have thought about. As the bride, the day was a blur to me, but the photos help to bring it all into perspective. We will treasure these memories always!

All-in-all this was one of the most beautiful days of our lives. Everything went better then we expected and we owe a lot of thanks to Caroline and everyone at Vecoma. If you want a stress free solution to planning a wedding, we definitely recommend Vecoma, the venue is gorgeous and they know their business! Thanks for everything, it was a pleasure having our wedding at Vecoma! :)

Sent on 09/18/2013

Vecoma at the Yellow River's reply:

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! We promise that your happiness is our number one concern. You are such a beautiful person to take the time to write this. We appreciate you and all our brides more than you'll ever know.

Sara · Married on 07/13/2013

We had an amazing wedding there! The staff was all amazing and made our night perfect. It rained and so we moved our wedding to the porch and it was even more beautiful then we could have imagined! We used the recommended DJ and florist from the venue and they were perfect as well! I would recommend Vecoma at the Yellow River to anyone!

Sent on 07/27/2013
  • AMY

Amy · Married on 06/22/2013

Our wedding was on Saturday, June 22, 2013 at the Vecoma at the Yellow River, in Snellville, Georgia. It was the best wedding venue ever, hands down! ….

My Dear Caroline, Ms. Judith, Savannah, and all the staff at Vecoma at the Yellow River; words cannot ever begin to express how much we appreciate all that you’ve done to make our special day absolutely AMAZING! From the beginning of planning our wedding to the wedding day, Caroline and her talented staff made our dream come true!

Vecoma is one of the best wedding venues in the state of Georgia! It is surrounded by beautiful wooded forest with a gently flowing river. It is a must see experience, the amazement of this beautiful location will have you in awe… Also, this outside scenery makes for some fabulous and stunning pictures.

The food was absolutely delicious! ALL of our guests are still commenting about how good the food was at our wedding. As the Bride, many people told me that I may not get a chance to eat at our wedding, but Vecoma’s Staff made sure that we ate our dinner! And Boy was it GOOD! The food, drinks, and venue services really, really was a GREAT value!

Lastly, I have tears of joy in my eyes as I write this sentence; My Dearest Caroline Tucker, you captured the most BEAUTIFUL PICTURES of our wedding! God has blessed you with an amazing gift… Photography and Personality is hard to find in many, however you have mastered it all. I am so very thankful for your patience, professionalism, and great personality. As the Bride, I am and will be forever grateful for you and all the hard work you did for us. You will always have a special place in our hearts!

Sent on 08/13/2013

Kd · Married on 06/08/2013

Every wedding should be unique. This can easily be achieved at Vecoma. While the beauty and privacy of the venue speaks for itself, it is Caroline and her staff that made our daughter's wedding day special. From the initial meeting where Caroline asked our daughter what she envisioned for her special day, to the amazing day itself and every answered email and phone call in between, there was a genuine warmth and willingness to make this day everything our daughter wanted. Along with our family and friends we enjoyed a wonderful evening, a delicious meal with a bar and dancing by a DJ that kept things hopping. The entire staff was very personable and extremely efficient and we all look forward to Caroline's photos which we're sure will capture this perfect wedding beautifully.

Sent on 06/18/2013

Jessica · Married on 05/10/2013

Vecoma is a beautiful place to have your wedding. The staff is so friendly and accommodating! Everything went perfect and it was the best night of our lives! Thanks Caroline and staff!!

Sent on 05/12/2013

Vecoma at the Yellow River's reply:

Everything went so perfectly. Your wedding was wonderful. Post some photos on our Facebook page. we can't wait to see them. You looked gorgeous.

Tammy · Married on 05/03/2013

I could not have been more happy with my daughter's wedding. The staff at the Vecoma made everything run so smoothly. I was able to relax and have a great time because they were so professional and did everything perfectly. The guests raved about the beauty of the venue, the delicious food, and the awesome DJ. Then when I got the photos that Caroline made, I was over the moon happy! Just gorgeous! In our family photo she got all3 of my sons and, and my husband who never smiles in photos, to smile. It is hands down the nest picture of our family that's ever been made.

Sent on 06/17/2013
  • ThePowells2013

Mary · Married on 03/09/2013

We truly enjoyed working with Caroline and the staff at Vecoma At The Yellow River. They made our wedding day not just memorable but absolutely incredible. Our friends and family are still raving about the wonderful experience they had attending our wedding. The food was delicious, the staff incredibly friendly, and the facility was just perfect for us and our guests. Caroline and Brandon did an awesome job capturing the photographs of our wedding and I smile each time I look at our pictures. Vecoma At The Yellow River definitely made my wedding day an incredible and delightful experience.

Sent on 06/13/2013

Mary · Married on 01/13/2013

Everything was perfect! I HIGHLY recommend this venue! When my husband and I walked in we had drinks and food waiting on our table. Food was delicious. I chose the Cotton Mather's Southern Fare and was well worth every penny! You will not be disappointed!

Sent on 01/18/2013

Elysia · Married on 12/07/2012

Beautiful site for a wedding. You can have your ceremony inside or outside. The decision is yours before or on the date of the wedding. The staff was very accommodating. I would recommend to place to anyone who wants to have a wonderful experience.

Sent on 10/24/2013
  • April

April · Married on 12/01/2012

The ladies at the Vecoma did a FABULOUS job! Our wedding was wonderful and everyone had a GREAT time. We were married Dec 1, 2012 at 6:30pm and we had about 140 guests for a sit down dinner, buffet style. We had the ceremony on the back veranda and the reception inside. My guests commented on how wonderful dinner was and how hospitable the staff was!

This is a beautiful place! The spring and summer is amazing with all the flowers and such blooming, but the winter creates a cozy and magical appearance with all the gorgeous landscape and Christmas lights! :-)

Caroline, the owner, did our engagement and wedding photography... BREATHTAKING! I have received so many wonderful compliments on my wedding album.

Kirk Moten, the DJ.... AWESOME!

Sent on 08/26/2013

Vecoma at the Yellow River's reply:

Thank you for this lovely review. You were also fabulous.

Pamara · Married on 10/27/2012

I am the mother of the bride. My daughter was married yesterday at Vecoma. I cannot say enough about how perfect our day was. The venue was Beautiful!!!! Caroline was our photographer and we cannot wait to see the pictures as we looked at her work when we booked Vecoma. The food was delicious. Kirk the DJ was awesome and really kept me cool, calm and collected. In fact, my daughter just loved Kirk. He was so wonderful to work with. The staff at Vecoma was awesome. Delores and Rosie were so accomodating. There is a blonde hair lady that I cannot remember her name, but she was right in there with them.

And then there is Rhonda. Vecoma provided her as the wedding coordinator. She is the best. She did our rehearsal and then ran the wedding. She let everyone know when it was time for pictures, when to come out for the wedding, when to go during the procession, EVERYTHING. I had nothing to worry about. I truly enjoyed myself and did not have to do anything but be there and truly experience a beautiful wedding and reception.

The day was absolutely perfect and everyone was complimenting me on how beautiful the place was, how great the food was and what a great time they were having.

And finally to my precious Caroline!!!!! She is Vecoma. We had our meetings with her and she was always quick to respond to any questions my daughter and I had. Which brings me to her mother, Judith. She is quick to answer any emails too. That lady is well aware of everything that is going on.

Thank you Judith and Caroline. I am typing this with tears in my eyes as you gave my daughter the perfect day. There is nothing negative I can say about any of this. Ya'll are awesome.

So finally in closing, I highly recommend using Vecoma. It is beautiful, it is affordable, and you will not have any worries. This has been the best experience for me.

Sent on 10/28/2012

Vecoma at the Yellow River's reply:

A million thanks to you for selecting Vecoma. The best to you.

Tammy · Married on 10/20/2012

I have nothing but wonderful things to say about Vecoma at the Yellow River. My daughter had her wedding there on October 20 and it was such a beautiful setting by the river, with great dining/setup options both indoors and outdoors on the large deck. Caroline guided us through from start to finish and worked with us on some unique ideas we had. I would highly recommend this venue as they were ALL wonderful to work with! Caroline was also our photographer and did and amazing job!!!

Sent on 11/01/2012

Vecoma at the Yellow River's reply:

We were so happy to be a part of this wedding.

Stephanie · Married on 10/19/2012

We are excited to have the ceremony at Vecoma at the yellow river! All the employees are wonderful and have helped us out evey step of the way! I would recommend them to all my friends who are going to get married soon! Beautiful scenery, a wedding by te river, and amazing reception area with beautiful decorations. Who wouldn't want to go here? I give them a wonderful 5 start rating! Keep up the good work Vecoma!

Sent on 10/24/2012

Jan · Married on 10/19/2012

For outdoor or inside weddings, Vecoma is great. You can bring your own decorations which was a big plus for us. They also have decorations that you can add to your own or use instead. The staff is very helpful and took good care of the guests. Judith was very helpful and had lots of good advice!

Sent on 11/01/2012

Vecoma at the Yellow River's reply:

Everything you did made this wedding very special

Shari · Married on 10/14/2012

Vecoma is truly a hidden gem. We were blessed to find such a beautiful place with an amazing staff for a great value! Judith, Caroline and staff were a joy to work with.
    The food was delicious and my guest are still commenting on the food as well as how beautiful the venue was. A added treat was the beautiful pictures that Caroline took. It was great to have a photographer right there that really knew the venue and could bring photos to life! I am writing this review so that others can benefit from Vecoma. You will not be disappointed!

Sent on 12/19/2012

Vecoma at the Yellow River's reply:

Thank you, Shari. You planned a wonderful wedding! Your day was perfect.

Becca · Married on 09/12/2012

I would recommend The Vecoma for anyone who wants an outdoors wedding on the river. This location is absolutely beautiful! Their reception hall has these beautiful beams with lights and fabric draping through. It gives such a romantic vibe. When you first drive up it looks so welcoming and inviting. It is just absolutely beautiful! I would also recommend an indoor wedding in there reception hall, especially around Christmas!!! They have a huge outdoor deck that is great for the reception party to go in and out of the reception hall when they feel. The view is just beautiful! I would definitely recommend there photographer as well. Her photos are amazing, definitely the best I have seen! This venue has everything you would need. They have a cater they use, a dj, they have the photographer, props, and so on! It is just a wonderful place and very convenient!

If you want a beautiful wedding to remember, I would definitely go here!

Sent on 09/13/2012

Vecoma at the Yellow River's reply:

Becca, thank you for choosing Vecoma. You're a very sweet bride.
  • I

India · Married on 07/20/2012

Beautiful place to have pictures taken at and to get married at i love this place

Sent on 07/20/2012

J. · Married on 06/09/2012

I fell in love with having my wedding reception at Vecoma from the first time I visited. I didn't need to see anywhere else. It gave me the feeling I was looking for when chosing a location and it fit our budget well. The location itself is near Stone Mountain and other retail establishments but it is nestled in the woods and you can't hear or see another light or sound in the area - completely private for your group. I loved the indoor lighting and beautifual ceilings inside. The outdoor deck was fantastic for our guests to hang out if they weren't inside dancing at the reception but the open windows and doors made it so no one was ever disconnected from the indoor activities.

Our actual ceremony was at a nearby church so I can only speak of the reception and the reception prep. I can't say enough about the ladies who work there - Caroline and Kelley were awesome and Judith extremely helpful. I felt as if we were friends from the first day I was there - sharing Pinterest ideas and pictures! My questions via email were always answered promptly.

So glad we chose Vecoma to celebrate our wedding! I would highly recommend the location.

Sent on 07/20/2012
  • Kimberli

Kimberli · Married on 05/12/2012

Our May wedding and reception at The Vecoma at the Yellow River turned out perfect. The staff was so helpful with every detail allowing for a less stressful wedding day! The grounds are very nice with the ceremony site outside just by the river. The food was very tasty. Caroline did an absolutely beautiful job with the photos. We used the house DJ Kirk and he did a great job. Everyone was up dancing! We are so glad we chose the Vecoma for our wedding venue. It couldn’t have turned out better! I would recommend the venue to anyone.

Sent on 06/05/2012

Vecoma at the Yellow River's reply:

yes, your wedding was perfect! Thank you for posting. Much happiness

Colleen · Married on 05/05/2012

The Staff at Vecoma is very accommodating and friendly. We loved the outside setting, it's beautiful and perfect for outside weddings.

Sent on 05/15/2012

Vecoma at the Yellow River's reply:

Vecoma's staff thanks you. Your wedding was special to us as well.

Nancy · Married on 03/24/2012

Vecoma was the best decision that we made for our wedding. Caroline and the entire Staff made the whole day stress free and easy. Everyone was so helpful and accomidating. They took care of every detail, and even remebered things that I did not. We used Kirk the house DJ and he was great. We also used Katrina the house florist and she did an amazing job. We used Caroline for the Photography, and can not wait to see what an amazing job she did. It was everything I could have hoped for and more.

To have everything all in one place and have the whole process from beginging to end mapped out on one sheet of paper was amazing. I did not have to worry about different companies and figuring out details with a whole bunch of people. The fact that all of the vendors have worked together for so long, everyone knew what they had to do and I was never needed for questions. I was able to focus on MY wedding day and spending time with my guests.

The food was great, and there was never a need of mine or any of my guests that was not met. I have and will continue to recommend Vecoma to anyone and everyone I can. What a magical expierence it all was.

Nancy & Scott

Sent on 04/05/2012

Vecoma at the Yellow River's reply:

Thanks Nancy! It was a fantastic wedding - beautiful and lots of fun!
  • Kesha

Kesha · Married on 12/10/2011

If you are looking for a wedding venue that is both beautiful and affordable, Vecoma at the Yellow River is definitely that spot. Vecoma's staff is by far the best in the Atlanta area. Owners Caroline and Judith are both accommodating and easy to work with. They were more than happy to work with any requests that I had and were very good about responding to last minute requests.

Vecoma made my wedding dreams come true, delivering more than imagined! Both my husband and I are thrilled that we decided to begin the rest of our lives at Vecoma.

Thank You Vecoma.
    Kesha Briley Young

Sent on 01/08/2012

Luci · Married on 10/23/2011

My daughter Ashley got married on Oct. 23, 2011, and it was WONDERFUL. We couldn't have been more pleased. To start off the cake and flowers were late (almost had a breakdown!) and Caroline was right there assuring me that everything would be perfect. They got right in full swing to take care of things if they didn't show. Everything arrived and the day couldn't have been any better. The whole staff was there to help with every little detail and so polite. You couldn't find a place as great as Vecoma. I strongly urge people to use them. I have already told all my friends about it. The guests were very pleased also. The food was delicious and the way it was presented was beautiful. We had the DJ from Vecoma (Kirk) and we had a great time dancing. We also used Caroline for the photos and we can't wait to see them. If I could give them a 10 I would. I just can't say enough great things about them.

Sent on 11/13/2011

Kelly · Married on 10/22/2011

Vecoma was the best place to get married. It is beautiful. The people are so nice and helpful. I did not have to worry about anything. They took care of every detail that I did not even think of. Everything ran so smoothly. The food was wonderful. The dj was the best that works with Vecoma. Their photographer/owner was amazing. She was so nice and the pictures turned out better than I would have imagined. I loved Vecoma and so did all of my guest. I would recommend having a wedding here.

Sent on 12/06/2011
  • W

Catherine · Married on 10/08/2011

We had only the reception here, not the ceremony. The reception was absolutely wonderfuly...amazing since they only had about 1.5 hours of turn-around time between the afternoon event and our reception. The venue is lovely, the food is great, the bartenders were awesome....everything was set up just like we wanted it to be when we got there that night. I would absolutely recommend Vecoma to anyone looking for a beautiful spot for a wedding reception. I should say that I was not the bride, but the bride's mother....

Sent on 11/02/2011