Vecoma at the Yellow River Reviews

252 | Snellville, GA

252 Reviews for Vecoma at the Yellow River

Amanda · Married on 09/27/2014

My best friend got married here, and I was very uptight going into the whole process. I wanted so badly for everything to be perfect. Her family was flying in from the other side of the country, it was her time to shine as the beautiful bride I knew she would be, and she had put the entire planning process solely on her own shoulders. She was frazzled, and I was worried.

But as soon as we got there, we were taken care of. The rehearsal process was easy, but detailed. We all knew where we needed to be and when. We felt relaxed going into the big day, and things were absolutely beautiful.

They take care of the ins and outs of your wedding with all your special touches. The menu was absolutely delicious, and we felt at home with the banquet hall all to ourselves. The wedding was in mid-July, outside, and the brief outdoor ceremony was met with a long, fun, air conditioned dance party for hours afterwards!

As a bridesmaid, the photography process wasn't drawn out or stressful. A fun break from all the primping and preparation! Caroline actually allowed us bridesmaids (all design students) to art direct some of the shots ourselves! The entire day's photography came out perfect, and Elizabeth couldn't have been happier.

Her family was pleased, all the visitors had a great time, and even after the sendoff, we were all very impressed by the lovely work done by the Vecoma family. You absolutely must see the venue to understand how lovely and secluded it is. Perfect!

Sent on 01/25/2012
  • Melanie

Melanie · Married on 08/09/2014

Savannah and Caroline were awesome, so were the whole staff. My family can get pretty rowdy and they wrangled them in like a champ. Where we were all over the place they kept us together and running, somewhat, on schedule. I couldn't have asked for more! They enabled me to truely enjoy my wedding instead of stressing out about everything. Thank you so much!!

Sent on 08/19/2014

Vecoma at the Yellow River's reply:

Thank you Melanie! We LOVED being a part of your special day! You have a WONDERFUL family and friends!

In this day and age where people just do not seem to meet even the basic of your expectations, it was such a pleasure to have found Vecoma and a business which gives and gives and gives.

When my husband and I (well, when I) decided to have a memorable ceremony to renew our marriage vows, we decided to do this in Atlanta for several reasons: it was centrally located and there is a big airport with lots of hotels. I researched the Internet and found several places and made appointments. I was so impressed with this facility and the wonderful ladies who own/run it. It is impossible to overrate how fabulous this who day turned out for us.

Vecoma is just a magical place to create memories. I will always treasure this day. Amazingly, there was no rain and everything ran smoothly (arrangements had been made in the event there was rain). I had Caroline as our photographer and all the photographs are stunning. I even felt like I looked good, which is unusual.

After interviewing three venues in Atlanta, I chose Vecoma because they, frankly, were the best deal along with having the most beautiful location. The DJ was fantastic and we all danced like fools. You would have thought it was a wedding and not a ceremony for a bunch of old people!!!! The food was delicious and the decor is just elegant and beautiful.

The nicest thing, however, is that you can tell that the staff really care that you have a wonderful day and they make you feel very at ease, depending on them rather than worrying about every detail yourself. I am so happy I took them up on several suggestions. Thank you, Caroline and Judith -- and all the Vecoma staff -- for making this a special day for us and our guests.

Sent on 08/11/2014

Caitlin · Married on 08/01/2014

So Happy with our choice, go with Vecoma and you won't be disappointed.

Sent on 09/22/2014

Robin · Married on 07/15/2014

We were blessed with a beautiful day and were able to have my daughters wedding outside. It was so beautiful!! Kirk and the staff were amazing he had a staff member bring the bride an groom water down during pictures what a blessing it was. As Kirk and Deloris prepared and setup along with staff and my coordinator I have to tell you it couldn't have flowed any smoother. Caroline and Savannah were wonderful and there to answer any questions. I also love the fact that it is kinda secluded down its own little street so the only traffic is your party.

Sent on 07/29/2014

Natalie · Married on 07/12/2014

I loved working with Vecoma from the start. They were incredibly helpful in answering every last question, and thankfully they filled in all the details that I forgot about! Their staff was so sweet and helpful, and I especially loved working with their seasoned photographer. There are so many beautiful spots at their venue, and I especially loved that we could take pictures near the beautiful river. Vecoma took care of us. They made our big day incredibly special at a reasonable cost. I would recommend Vecoma to any of my friends.

Sent on 08/25/2014

Jessica · Married on 07/11/2014

Being the "anal" bride that I am wanting everything to be exactly how I planned it would have been a nightmare if it weren't for Vecoma! This venue provided me with everything I needed and wanted including: tables, chairs, lenins, centerpieces, cerimony and reception space, a beautiful nature surrounding complete with River and deeck, all dishes and silverware, cups, food, beverages (catering), seperate groom and bride space, and they even were able to offer a icy machine! They were very flexible as I had a photobooth, many different activity tables set up, my own decorations though you don't need any bc the indoors is already elegant with neat "christmas" lighting on the celing-see pictures on Vecoma website. The deck was lovely as we were married in July the guests liked having the option to sit inside or out. Complete with dance floor. I also hired a DJ and they are able to hook up a DJ if you have an outside ceremony. And we hired Caroline, the owner, as our photographer and she was excellent. She knows all of the pretty places to go as it is her venue. Would definitely recommend to any bride. ESPECIALLY because it is a great price! I cannot tell you how much I cried over trying to find a venue that was in my price range for 125 guests and still wanting to have a cake, dress, invitations, and every other detail that goes into a wedding. Thank you Vecoma for allowing me to have it all! Perfection!

Sent on 07/13/2015

Brittney · Married on 07/06/2014

Vecoma at the Yellow River is the best all around. Their pricing is straightforward, their venue is GORGEOUS, and their professionalism is unmatched. I can honestly say that my wedding day was perfect and it was because they took care of all the details on my big day, which let me stop worrying and just enjoy one of the greatest moments of my life.

Sent on 09/19/2014

Wow! If I could give higher than a 5 rating, I definitely would. First I would like to comment on a review by "Sasha" who is not even a bride. Truly amazing that someone will trash their own friend's wedding. Well, friend is said lightly here because most friends want to focus on the positive and would never criticIze a place chosen by someone else. I hope that bride ditches this "friend" for trying to ruin her memories of her wedding. I would. Sasha is also blaming Vecoma because her "friend's" wedding coordinator did not show up. Well, as part of my package, I could pay for whatever I wanted and I have high doubts that, at the last minute, a busy facility like this could even get help that had not been planned on. That, my dear Sasha, is why you PLAN weddings in advance. Sasha sounds like a jealous person who is unhappy because she was not the bride.

I had the wedding I had always dreamed of at Vecoma. It is just a lovely, classy place and I was helped every step of the way by the kind and thoughtful people at Vecoma who assured me many times that their goal was to see that my wedding was everything I wanted. (Not what my friends might want, I might add.). The pictures are exactly like Vecoma looks and my wedding photos are to die for. I have two friends who have already called Vecoma to schedule their weddings.

Please forgive me for being so furious about a non-bride trying to trash this place where I had my wedding and where I was 100 percent happy and catered to every step of the way. Yes, I did pay for a set amount of time but I could have paid for double of I felt I would have needed it and it would still have been a reasonable amount. The prices are believable for such an elegant place and, believe me, I called all of them.

Sent on 08/11/2014

Sarah · Married on 07/03/2014

I booked Vecoma as my venue because of the price, the staff, and the venue itself. I had looked through hundreds of websites, and visited several other venues which all failed to catch my eye. As soon as I met with Vecoma the first time, I booked that afternoon and could not be happier. Throughout the entire process, the staff was accommodating and kept me updated. When it came time for the big day, Caroline (the owner and one of the wedding coordinators) was fabulous! She kept things running smoothly and made my wedding even better than I had dreamed of. The ceremony was stunning, with the trees blooming and how perfectly the sun crept over the trees. I was very worried it would be a hot wedding (July 3rd at 7 in the evening) but the ceremony was shaded by the trees making it incredibly comfortable.

My guests have raved since the wedding about how beautiful the venue was. Everything from the grounds to the food was incredible. If you are looking for an amazing value without having to sacrifice service, then Vecoma is the perfect venue!

Sent on 07/14/2014

Tracey · Married on 06/29/2014

The entire team at Vecoma were very professional, courteous, very flexible, and just all-around a great supportive team for my event. I really enjoyed working with each and every person that works there. The attention to detail was extremely appreciate it.

Sent on 10/06/2014

Jeanine · Married on 06/20/2014

Vecoma was a beautiful venue for our daughter's wedding. All of the staff were helpful, patient, and courteous. Since this was our first wedding, their expertise was very beneficial and helped make the wedding day go smoothly. All of our guests enjoyed the food as well as the ambience of the venue. We would definitely recommend Vecoma at Yellow River as a venue for a wedding.

Sent on 07/03/2014

Joan · Married on 06/14/2014

I am getting married this coming November and Vecoma staff have been going above and beyond to help me plan my dream wedding! It's been such a pleasure working with the staff of Vecoma. They are very flexible and they truly care for their bride. From the moment my fiancé and I saw the venue, it was love at first sight! It is exactly the place I want to celebrate one of the most important day of my life! I have less than six months away til I said I do and I'm so excited! Thank you Vecoma staff for being so helpful and treating me like a family. You all are a blessing to me and my fiancé!

Sent on 06/16/2014

Lisa · Married on 06/08/2014

The venue is really beautiful, the sound of the river flowing while your exchanging vows is absolutely amazing!!!! The food was great!! We had the Italian feast and many guest said the meat lasagna was really good. I thought it was great and the spinach veggie lasagna was absolutely delicious. Caroline was our photographer and let me just say thank you, thank you, thank you.. You captured every moment, every smile, every cry!!!! The pictures were incredible!!!! If I missed special moments during the ceremony/reception she definitely captured them on film. One recommendation..time goes by so quickly..I would recommend extending your time for an extra fee. Our food and drinks were already served when we sat and that was a plus!!! I also must mentioned that Caroline provided the seat covers and bows without a fee because she thought it would bring out the room!!!! she is fair and really great to work with! It was amazing and I am truly blessed to have worked with such great people.

Sent on 09/08/2014

Vecoma was the PERFECT place for my wedding. I only looked at one venue, and was so impressed I stopped right there. They make it very easy to plan your wedding because they offer catering, DJ services, and Photography all on site, so less work to find vendors. My ceremony was held outdoors with the beautiful river running right behind it. Caroline did a great job on photography and was pleasant to work with. The food was excellent- I did the Italian Buffet- and everyone loved it. They coordinate everything so you do not have to worry. Best of all, the value is simply amazing and affordable. Thank you Vecoma for making my day so special!

Sent on 06/17/2014

Alex · Married on 05/18/2014

Vecoma was the perfect venue for our wedding and reception. We were able to plan the outdoor ceremony and indoor reception that we had imagined. Working with Vecoma's staff was a breeze. Unfortunately, the rain robbed us of a ceremony by the river, but our day was still spectacular. Vecoma had our chairs set up for a deck ceremony and then seamlessly flipped the room to flow right into our reception. Overall, I would recommend them again and again. Thank you, Vecoma!

Sent on 05/24/2014
  • LaDonna

Ladonna · Married on 04/19/2014

I recently had my wedding there on th 19th and I can't tell you how beautiful this place is. The staff were all amazing. Caroline is the best. Everything turned out beyond my dreams. Thank you so much.

Sent on 04/21/2014

Erin · Married on 04/12/2014

Vecoma did an absolutely FANTASTIC job! My wedding turned out perfectly and they were great to work with! Would definitely recommend!!

Sent on 06/17/2014

Rebecca · Married on 11/22/2013

I had my wedding reception at Vecoma in November of 2013. Everything was perfect on my wedding day. The staff at Vecoma are very pleasant and go the extra mile to make sure everything is perfect for your big day. The Food was AMAZING! All my guests agreed it was some of the best food they ever have had at a wedding. I had the BBQ dinner and Vecoma let me switch some things around and customize the menu to my taste. Vecoma really made my day very special and worry free. They also were very flexible with letting us come early and set up are own decorations and allowed us to take picture there before the wedding so I could have daylight because my wedding was at night. The best part is Vecoma is very affordable with a lot of bang for your buck. The venue is beautiful and feels very intimate. I HIGHLY recommend Vecoma for your wedding or any kind of reception.

Sent on 04/17/2014

Monica · Married on 11/08/2013

I wasn't the bride, however, I was a bridesmaid. This venue was really something special. My sister was the bride and her photographer pulled a no show! I couldn't believe it. Poor thing, she handled it like a champ though! Once informed of the dilemma, the venue quickly responded and grabbed their camera. They got some really cute poses and lots of great shots! The pictures couldn't have turned out better! I was so impressed at how they responded. They really made the situation a lot less stressful on her.

The overall look of the place was truly stunning. From the cake table(s) to the food display, it all came together beautifully.

My sisters wedding couldn't have turned out better. It was simply beautiful, and she looked like an angel!

Sent on 11/26/2013

Vecoma at the Yellow River's reply:

You're an angel, too..for taking the time to write this lovely review.

Candy · Married on 10/25/2013

Vecoma at Yellow River made my dream wedding come true! I never could have imagined that my day would be so perfect, but Caroline and staff made the day beautiful, memorable, and absolutely perfect!

Sent on 11/07/2013

Vecoma at the Yellow River's reply:

Thanks Candy! It was a fabulous wedding and you did an outstanding job with the centerpieces and décor! You and Justin are a great couple!

Dina · event on: 10/19/2013

My wedding was absolutely perfect and beautiful. Thanks for all staff that helped make our special day so amazing.

Sent on 11/09/2013

Vecoma at the Yellow River's reply:

Thanks Dina! You had a great wedding and we loved being a part of your special day!

Andreaetta · Married on 09/14/2013

I just wanted to send a little note to say thank you for your help with our wedding. Caroline and the staff at Vecoma at the Yellow River were absolutely amazing on our wedding day and everything ran pretty smoothly. Vecoma is such a magical place and it created memories I will treasure forever and all our guests were stunned with the location and venue it was well worth every dollar spent towards a beautiful day. The scenery is gorgeous which made our photos amazing photographed by Caroline ( I wish I could share with everybody you have to see them to believe me Stunning!!!!) . My Top five reasons why I'm glad I chose Vecoma at the Yellow River:

1. Luxury service and professionalism at an affordable price ( best deal in Atlanta area)
    2. The house DJ was wonderful
    3. The photographer was awesome
    4. The food was delicious
    5. The décor was beautiful

Service with a smile all the time !!!!

Sent on 11/07/2013

Vecoma at the Yellow River's reply:

Thanks so much Andreaetta! We loved being a part of your special day! You planned a fabulous wedding from so far away! Best wishes!

Hannah · Married on 09/02/2013

Vecoma was more than helpful and flexible when it came to our special day. They made planning a weddin affordable and easy. This venue was the ideal setting for my outdoor wedding and the flowing river behind my fiancé and i was a magical setting for our wedding

Sent on 09/02/2013

Hannah · Married on 08/27/2013

I cant believe how amazing this venue was for the price! The location was perfect for our outdoor wedding and the professionalism was impeccable. Vecoma at the Yellow river is the best bang for your buck. they understand that planning a wedding is expensive, but that doesn't have to sacrifice quality. The flowing river behind us as we said our vows was like something out of a fairy tale. The reception was beautiful too. I thought I was going to be so stressed before, but vecoma made it easy on me and the entire party. thank you!!

Sent on 08/27/2013