Variety Music Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2011 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2010 Winner
    Victoria Married on 05/19/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Variety Music provided us with nothing but the best for our wedding! They were very flexible and willing to please. Our wedding party was on the dance floor the entire time! (Just like we'd hoped!) They dealt well with accommodating special requests during our speeches portion. Overall, my husband and I were thoroughly pleased with their performance and professionalism throughout our special day!
    Nicole S. Married on 10/29/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Best night ever thanks to the DJ Team!

I just want to share what an absolutely amazing job Serg, Sal and Justin did last night. Completely blown away as were all my guests! The dance floor was packed all night, we never wanted to leave. Music truly makes or breaks a wedding and they definitely made it! I already sent your information over to several of them who asked. The set up was beautiful and exactly what we envisioned for our wedding. Thank you all so much again! Hope to be in touch for any future events!

Thank you!
    Jeff and Nicole
    Kevin L. Married on 10/15/2021

Wedding at Brotherhood Winery 10.15.21

Variety Music was absolutely terrific. They knew how to keep the party BUMPING along with catering to all ages. Our dance floor was packed the entire night. Tom as the DJ and Ray as the MC were a great team! The party was so fun that Tom played for about 15 minutes after the venue turned their lights on to end the night!! HIGHLY recommend!!
  • illustration stars

Did the reviews win you over?

Send a message
  • Delon
    Delon B. Married on 06/25/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Amazing - EASY Recommendation!

We had our wedding on 8/27/21 and our experience with Variety Music Entertainment was phenomenal. Throughout the whole entirety of the planning process from booking to the day of the actual event, this team was nothing less than stellar and professional. They were timely, responsive, and experts of their craft. They gave us the freedom to select songs and they put together our vision of our day perfectly through music and entertainment. We had Ray (MC), Tom (DJ), and James (Photobooth). All three individuals' energy were amazing. We received so many compliments about the MC, DJ, and Photobooth and we would highly recommend them to anyone without a doubt and we are not surprised at all at the other amazing reviews they've received. Our party had sooo much fun and there was never a dead moment on the wedding day and everything flowed so well. Variety Music Entertainment is an easy recommendation from us
  • Alyssa
    Alyssa L. Married on 05/09/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

a must have at your wedding

We Had Variety music preform at our wedding sept 29th 2019 they were amazing! ray was our MC he had a nice clear voice and was very good at speaking, tom was our dj and he played everything we requested and more! together everything worked out perfect i would definitely recommend them for an upcoming event
    J Miller Married on 12/12/2020
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Highly recommended DJ-exceeded expectations!

We found Variety music at Long Island bridal expo. We met Tom, our DJ and Ray, our Emcee who we liked from the start. They are professional, quick to respond to all our questions. On the Wedding day, the music and energy level they provided were on point. We had the true hybrid experience of both DJ music and live music with the added on guitarist, Sinatra singer and saxophonist during different portions of the wedding day. Our guests were entertained and are still commenting on how great the music was on our wedding day. We are so glad we chose Variety Music!
  • Maguire
    Maguire M. Married on 09/18/2020

COVID wedding

Due to the coronavirus, we had to change our wedding plans to be at the home of my now husband's parents. Despite the change in location, smaller party and the need to make things COVID19 friendly, Variety Music really made the party. Having a DJ brought some normalcy back to what I thought was going to be a subpar wedding (because 2020 just sucks) and they made sure all of our guests were enjoying themselves. Thank you to Ray and Tom for an amazing night. You made this 2020 bride very happy!
  • O
    Olivia M. Married on 09/12/2020
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Packed Dance Floor The Entire Night!

My husband and I used Variety Music and we were thrilled with them! They were extremely accommodating and flexible to our 2 date changes due to COVID. Ray was very responsive and great with answering all of my questions. As for the day of the wedding, these guys killed it! They tailored the music to our guests so the dance floor was packed the entire night! We had many guests come up to us during the wedding saying how great the music was and even had one guest ask for the playlist so she can use it for her wedding! Highly recommend Variety Music!!
  • Mary
    Mary E. Married on 07/12/2020

the BEST & GO TO for your music/entertainment needs

We hired Variety on a referral and I'm SO glad we did! We would recommend them to anyone planning a wedding or event. Ray was so easy to work with and responsive, as we navigated our COVID wedding date move and up to the fine details of including songs that have great meaning in my family. Aaron our MC and Howie our drummer were the LIFE of our party- and our guests just had the very best time. Easiest choice for any long island wedding.
    Victoria K. Married on 06/20/2020

DJ for wedding

Variety Music, Ray and his team are amazing! From start to beginning they have been awesome to work with! They provide amazing entertainment, and a truly exceptional experience. I would highly recommend Variety Music to all of my friends and family, if I have another event I will be sure to book with this great group again, Thank you!
    Cherylann R. Married on 10/12/2019

Best of the best!

Our MC was Sal, and our DJ was Joey. Sal commanded the room without being overbearing, which is exactly what we were looking for. He was confident and entertaining. The DJ was great; he played a great mix of oldies and new songs that got every generation dancing. I don’t think we had a single song where people weren’t on the dance floor. The photo booth was a great addition for people who aren’t dancers; my guests seemed to really enjoy it. Every time I looked over there were people in it. Sal even played a really funny game to give away the centerpieces that my guests are still talking about. We also added their saxophone player for our cocktail hour. He was so talented and made the cocktail hour memorable. We were absolutely thrilled with them!
  • Catherine
    Catherine Married on 07/20/2019

Highly recommend!

We booked Variety Music for our wedding, and it was the best decision ever. The team was on top of it! If I had any questions, the team was super responsive! Do not hesitate to book Variety Music! All of our guests loved the way they blended all of the music, including the cultural requests! Everything was just so smooth! Thank you for making our wedding memorable! Will definitely book them again for future parties we hold! Highly recommend!
  • Alexa
    Alexa B. Married on 07/12/2019

A+ Experience

They were amazing! We used Sal as our MC & DJ and he was so much fun. He was able to get everyone up dancing and laughing almost the entire time! They were so easy to work with and always available to help with anything we needed.
  • Amanda
    Amanda Married on 05/25/2019

Exceeded Our Expectations!

I cannot say enough amazing things about Sal and Tom and the whole company. They were one of my favorite vendors from the first time we sat down with them. The whole process we just felt so comfortable and felt that they truly understood what we wanted for our wedding. The night of they exceeded our expectations. The dance floor was packed all night and they really read the crowd and moved seamlessly through different genres. We couldn't have asked for anything better!
    Amanda G. Married on 04/13/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Wow!!! Variety Music is the BEST!!!

Best and easiest decision ever. Variety music kept the energy high and everyone on the dance floor!!! You must hire the zap photographer!!! He took incredible photos and you can never have enough pictures of your special day. I also hired strings for the ceremony. Everything was incredible from start to finish. They pay attention to detail and want your day to be just as special as you can possibly imagine. They exceeded all expectations!!!
  • Michele
    Michele K. Married on 11/23/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating

I would highly recommend using variety music for your wedding!

My husband and I had an exceptional experience working with Variety Music. Tom was our DJ and Sal was our MC. Sal was articulate and fun when it came to announcing our wedding party and organizing games with our guests. Tom kept everyone on the dance floor the entire night from my grandparents to my parents friends to our friends. Tom played every song on our list that we provided him prior to the wedding at our last meeting as well as a couple of extra songs that fit with the genres of music that we like. He read the dance floor well and changed the music based on who was dancing at any given time. I would highly recommend using variety music for your wedding!
    Kevin A. Married on 11/03/2018

Excellent DJ

Tom and Ray did a fantastic job with our wedding. Tom hit all the music we requested and Ray got everyone up on the dance floor. Our guest were dancing all night and we heard nothing but great things about it from our family and friends. Prior to our wedding Tom was easy to work with and very receptive to all our requests. Ray is a great MC. He got all our family and friends going, even those who never dance got up and danced at least a little. We were very happy with the job they did. No regrets with having Variety DJ our wedding.
    Chelsea Married on 10/27/2018

Best DJ company!!!

Absolutely amazing, still have people raving about them and the percussionist!!! Everyone wants to book them now.
  • Shelley
    Shelley Married on 09/29/2018

A night to remember

I cannot put into words how happy I am to have found Variety music. But I’ll try so here it goes...

My journey with Variety music started about a year and a half ago. I was recommended to them by a family friend. She raved about how wonderful her experience was with Variety. The level of professionalism was evident throughout. They walked me through all the steps and exceeded my expectations. They had everyone on the dance floor, even my 85 year old grandmother who walks with a cane.
    Sara Married on 06/02/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    We had our wedding on 6/2/18 and I cannot say enough positive things about our experience with Sal and Tom (our DJ's for the night) and the entire company for that matter. They were warm, friendly and had the crowd dancing and having a great time the whole night. They knew how to be involved without being over the top. Their personalities were icing on the cake too, I couldn't have asked for a better set of people to make my wedding so much fun.
    They also provided our lighting (which was perfect!), our videographer (whom was so kind, calming and funny) and our cocktail hour entertainment (a frank sinatra singer). The cocktail hour entertainment blew everyone out of the water- he was incredible and had an absolutely amazing voice.
    Our videographer was always in the right place at the right time (I cannot wait to see our video!)
    Thank you Variety Music!!!!
    Jessie Married on 12/02/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    To everyone who helped with Alex and I’s wedding. THANK YOU!

The day was perfect thanks to you guys. Andrew was amazing on guitar and we loved it!! We have so many friends asking to hire him!
    Tom and Ray, thanks for coordinating everything! The event was so smooth and sounded amazing!! Everyone was dancing and Alex and i loved ever minute of it!

Drew was amazing on percussion and it totally changed the vibe of the night! If you guys are questioning to use percussion, you definitely should and Drew is the best. My sister used for her wedding as well and he is great!
    Thank you again!!! Overly pleased with your performance!
    Gabriella Married on 11/04/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Look no further! We used Variety Music for our November 4th wedding at The Royalton, after my sister and brother-in-law previously used them for their wedding a few years prior - and they again, DID NOT DISAPPOINT! To us, music at our wedding was one of the most important aspects and we are so happy we decided to use Variety Music. Tom & Ray were so easy to work with, very responsive, very reasonably priced and made it a very seamless process. At our final meeting, we went through every single detail, explained the genres of music we wanted, helped us decide the sequence of events throughout the night and everything went off without a hitch. Tom and Ray were AMAZING - they were fantastic at reading their audience and the dance floor was completely PACKED the entire night - this is exactly what we hoped for and our guests are still talking about how much fun they had. We also hired Howi, the percussionist and he was a HIT! He let the guests play around on the drums, and gave the party such an upbeat and exciting vibe. We also used them for lighting and the room looked perfect and exactly what we had envisioned. You will not be disappointed!
    Britany Married on 09/23/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    I loved working with Ray and Tom on our wedding day! They played all of the songs we requested and had everyone up partying on the dance floor! It was such a fun atmosphere, everything I could have hoped for on my wedding day!
    Mary Married on 08/11/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    We used Variety Music for our Wedding this past weekend. They were the absolute best. Ray, Tom and the drummer just blew us all away. Every person was on the dance floor. We received so many texts and emails the next day telling us that our wedding was one best they ever went to. Cant say enough about them.
    Thank you guys!
    Donna Married on 07/02/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Awesome DJ and MC! Sal was the MC at my wedding a few weeks ago and he was outstanding. Everyone was on the dance floor the entire time and I got so many compliments about the music.
illustration stars

Did the reviews win you over?

Send a message