Variety Music Reviews

146 | Huntington Station, NY

146 Reviews for Variety Music

146 Variety Music Reviews

sara · Married on 06/02/2018

We had our wedding on 6/2/18 and I cannot say enough positive things about our experience with Sal and Tom (our DJ's for the night) and the entire company for that matter. They were warm, friendly and had the crowd dancing and having a great time the whole night. They knew how to be involved without being over the top. Their personalities were icing on the cake too, I couldn't have asked for a better set of people to make my wedding so much fun.
    They also provided our lighting (which was perfect!), our videographer (whom was so kind, calming and funny) and our cocktail hour entertainment (a frank sinatra singer). The cocktail hour entertainment blew everyone out of the water- he was incredible and had an absolutely amazing voice.
    Our videographer was always in the right place at the right time (I cannot wait to see our video!)
    Thank you Variety Music!!!!

Jessie · Married on 12/02/2017

To everyone who helped with Alex and I’s wedding. THANK YOU!

The day was perfect thanks to you guys. Andrew was amazing on guitar and we loved it!! We have so many friends asking to hire him!
    Tom and Ray, thanks for coordinating everything! The event was so smooth and sounded amazing!! Everyone was dancing and Alex and i loved ever minute of it!

Drew was amazing on percussion and it totally changed the vibe of the night! If you guys are questioning to use percussion, you definitely should and Drew is the best. My sister used for her wedding as well and he is great!
    Thank you again!!! Overly pleased with your performance!

Gabriella · Married on 11/04/2017

Look no further! We used Variety Music for our November 4th wedding at The Royalton, after my sister and brother-in-law previously used them for their wedding a few years prior - and they again, DID NOT DISAPPOINT! To us, music at our wedding was one of the most important aspects and we are so happy we decided to use Variety Music. Tom & Ray were so easy to work with, very responsive, very reasonably priced and made it a very seamless process. At our final meeting, we went through every single detail, explained the genres of music we wanted, helped us decide the sequence of events throughout the night and everything went off without a hitch. Tom and Ray were AMAZING - they were fantastic at reading their audience and the dance floor was completely PACKED the entire night - this is exactly what we hoped for and our guests are still talking about how much fun they had. We also hired Howi, the percussionist and he was a HIT! He let the guests play around on the drums, and gave the party such an upbeat and exciting vibe. We also used them for lighting and the room looked perfect and exactly what we had envisioned. You will not be disappointed!

Britany · Married on 09/23/2017

I loved working with Ray and Tom on our wedding day! They played all of the songs we requested and had everyone up partying on the dance floor! It was such a fun atmosphere, everything I could have hoped for on my wedding day!

Mary · Married on 08/11/2017

We used Variety Music for our Wedding this past weekend. They were the absolute best. Ray, Tom and the drummer just blew us all away. Every person was on the dance floor. We received so many texts and emails the next day telling us that our wedding was one best they ever went to. Cant say enough about them.
    Thank you guys!

Donna · Married on 07/02/2017

Awesome DJ and MC! Sal was the MC at my wedding a few weeks ago and he was outstanding. Everyone was on the dance floor the entire time and I got so many compliments about the music.

• Deanna

Deanna · Married on 05/20/2017

100% Variety music is the BEST choice! My MC, Ray & DJ, Tom were above and beyond! At my meetings with both of them they were kind, knowledgeable and funny from the start. I also used them for the photo booth services. So happy my husband and I choose them for our May 20th wedding!

Anna · Married on 10/15/2016

There are so many great things to say about Variety. Tom from the very beginning was so approachable and willing to work with our budget. He gave us a great deal, and I valued his opinion from the start. The entire process from booking all the way up to the night of the wedding was so smooth. He answered my (many) emails so quickly and gave me honest feedback with all of my requests. Tom was our DJ, Sal was our MC and Howie was our percussionist. They all worked so well together to make the music flow from song to song. I still get compliments on how the dance floor was packed all night long because the music was so great. Last but not least, hands down the best part of what Variety did the night of the wedding. They played our last song, and when the lights went on the entire dance floor changed "One more song, one more song" without hesitation Tom played Bye, Bye, Bye and everyone went nuts. I could not have asked for a better DJ to provide entertainment for what was the most amazing night of my life!!!!!

• Stephanie

Stephanie · Married on 10/02/2016

Variety is the best! We used Tom and Ray, they were both awesome!

Jessica · Married on 09/09/2016

Variety Music is the best! My husband and I were very specific with the type of music we wanted played at our wedding. We sat with Ray and went over everything, and the week before we sat with Tom to confirm our playlist. We wanted all "now" music. My guests are HUGE party animals and love to dance, so playing up beat music was crucial. We didn't want a lot of slow songs and wanted to keep everyone moving. Variety 100% listened to us! They played exactly the type of music I wanted. No one sat down! Our DJ had to, literally, tell guests three times that dinner was served because no one was sitting down! It was AMAZING! I am so happy with their service and have already refereed the to my friends!

***We also got the Step & Repeat instead of the photo booth and it was well worth it. Our guests LOVED it. I highly recommend it!

Emily · Married on 09/03/2016

Variety did such a kick ass job on our wedding!! They completely worked within our budget and helped us throw the perfect reception. We had choreographed our first dance to include two songs, and Ray worked everything out smoothly on the day. I would highly recommend using Variety! I will definitely call them for future events.

brittany · Married on 07/23/2016

Variety Music provided the music for our cocktail hour and reception. We had a piano player for the cocktail hour and then a DJ and MC for the reception. They were great! They played the music we talked about and did not play anything we had on the do not play list. The MC got people up on the dance floor and made it a great wedding! I would recommend Variety Music to anyone looking for music for an event!

Jackie · Married on 07/15/2016

Tom and Ray are the absolute BEST! They made our wedding a GIANT dance party, which was exactly what we wanted!!!! All of our guests told us that our wedding was one of the best they had ever been to because of the food and the music! During the planning process before the wedding, both Tom and Ray were also SO helpful in selecting songs that fit us perfectly throughout all parts of the ceremony/wedding celebration. They were so patient and kind and informative, and we can't wait to book them for another party in the future! This company may be viewed as expensive by some, but you get what you pay for---- nothing but the highest quality! :)

Jennifer · Married on 06/20/2016

Variety Music rocked it at my wedding. The MC Sal was out of this world. The photographer and the Zip Zap photographer were awesome. They were a pleasure to work with. Hands down recommend them.

nina · Married on 05/28/2016

Im so happy I choose Sal he was a life saver I wasn't able to complete the forms I was suppose to and he did an amazing job for my Playlist at my wedding.He is extremely helpful and professional everyone loved my amazing mc and dj we had.Thank you guys for making my day special.

Lauren · Married on 04/30/2016

We hired Variety Music to DJ our wedding and it was a great decision! We came to them a little late in the game as our original DJ canceled on us and they were extremely helpful, accommodating and their price was very reasonable. We met with Ray, who was great. He answered all of our questions and did a great job letting us know all of the options we had. We ended up choosing to have their steel drum player, Howie, for our cocktail hour and he was awesome! Sal was our DJ for the night and he kept the dance floor full all night long. All night long people were commenting on how good our DJ was and said the music was awesome! We had an amazing wedding and they were a huge part of that. Thank you!

Ashlee · Married on 04/16/2016

Ray and Tom did our wedding on 4/16/16 and they were amazing, we couldn't have asked for a better DJ and MC!! They were both so flexible and made sure that we got everything that we wanted in order to make our wedding perfect!! They were extremely friendly and always answered my emails and phone calls in record time. They are a true pleasure to work with and we would recommend them to anyone!! Thank you both for helping us make our wedding perfect!

Meg &Tommy · Married on 10/23/2015

We are so happy that we chose Variety Music as our DJ. Almost a month after our wedding and we still have people telling us how much they loved our DJ and how great the music was. Variety read the crowd perfectly and kept the dance floor packed the whole night. Our MC spoke just enough to make sure our guests were having a good time but not so much that it felt overwhelming. We also had a drummer play steel drums during cocktail hour and percussion during the reception both of which went over really well with our crowd! Thank you Variety for doing such an amazing job and for keeping the party going all night!

Maria · Married on 09/20/2015

Tom and Ray were so great!! They kept the party going all night. All our guests raved about how good they were, so much so that at the last dance they ALL chanted "one more song". They didn't want it to end. Thank you guys for making our day so fun!

Heather · Married on 09/19/2015

I used Variety Music for my wedding on 9/19/15 at Raphael Vineyard and I was extremely happy with everything! We booked a string duo for our ceremony, their acoustic guitar player/singer Andrew Gabriel for our extended cocktail hour, a photo booth, and had Tom as our DJ and Ray as our MC. Everyone did a great job and we have been getting nothing but rave reviews about all of the music-the ceremony music was beautiful, Andrew is very talented, and thanks to Tom and Ray the dance floor was full the whole time! Variety listened to what we wanted and made sure to follow through with all of our requests on our wedding day. Everyone we dealt with at Variety (we mostly spoke with Tom and Ray) was professional and we never had to wait for appointments to meet with them or answers to our many questions. They also had no problem accommodating us with wonderful music for the entirety of our wedding, which was longer than your typical 5 hour wedding. I would 100% recommend Variety Music (especially Tom, Ray and Andrew!) for any event you are planning -you will not regret it, and you will have peace of mind knowing that you are dealing with professionals who know how to throw a great party.

Hans · Married on 08/22/2015

Tom, the person I booked the event with couldn't have been more accommodating. He even provided us with a music mix in advance of the event for our first dance. Harry the DJ was phenomenal. Personable, professional and kept the dance floor full for the entire event.

DJ Variety music was the best!! The Dj and the Emcee did a fantastic job! They are very professional and really know how to read the crowd. They honored to our music choices to the T!

Michele · Married on 08/07/2015

Our family and friends have been using Variety Music for over 10 years so when we got engaged we knew exactly who to go to. We requested Ray as our MC and had Tom as the DJ. We could not have been happier with the both of them. Before the wedding we met with Tom and after 5 minutes he knew exactly what we wanted. Everyone at the wedding was dancing the whole time. We also had a pianist and saxophone for the cocktail hour, then we had the saxophonist stay for and hour into the reception along with a percussionist till the end. They did the uplighting also which added the perfect touch to the room. Everything Variety brought to the wedding was amazing!

Ashley · Married on 07/24/2015

They did an amazing job at our wedding. They had everyone up and dancing including people who I know don't really dance. They played a great mix of music. We would highly recommend them

Kathleen · Married on 07/10/2015

Variety was a great company to work with for my wedding! I found them online by looking through reviews because none of my friends could honestly recommend their DJ to me! I am so glad I took that route and found this company. They listened to us and played exactly the kind of music that we wanted to hear. I couldn't have picked out a better playlist if i tried. So happy I found them, and i highly recommend them!!