Variety Music Reviews

154 | Huntington Station, NY

154 Reviews for Variety Music

• Alyssa

Alyssa Lechner · Getting married on 05/09/2021

a must have at your wedding

We Had Variety music preform at our wedding sept 29th 2019 they were amazing! ray was our MC he had a nice clear voice and was very good at speaking, tom was our dj and he played everything we requested and more! together everything worked out perfect i would definitely recommend them for an upcoming event

Sent on 10/16/2019
  • Catherine

Catherine · Married on 07/20/2019

Highly recommend!

We booked Variety Music for our wedding, and it was the best decision ever. The team was on top of it! If I had any questions, the team was super responsive! Do not hesitate to book Variety Music! All of our guests loved the way they blended all of the music, including the cultural requests! Everything was just so smooth! Thank you for making our wedding memorable! Will definitely book them again for future parties we hold! Highly recommend!

Sent on 08/11/2019
  • Amanda

Amanda · Married on 05/25/2019

Exceeded Our Expectations!

I cannot say enough amazing things about Sal and Tom and the whole company. They were one of my favorite vendors from the first time we sat down with them. The whole process we just felt so comfortable and felt that they truly understood what we wanted for our wedding. The night of they exceeded our expectations. The dance floor was packed all night and they really read the crowd and moved seamlessly through different genres. We couldn't have asked for anything better!

Sent on 06/06/2019

Amanda Gordon · Married on 04/13/2019

Wow!!! Variety Music is the BEST!!!

Best and easiest decision ever. Variety music kept the energy high and everyone on the dance floor!!! You must hire the zap photographer!!! He took incredible photos and you can never have enough pictures of your special day. I also hired strings for the ceremony. Everything was incredible from start to finish. They pay attention to detail and want your day to be just as special as you can possibly imagine. They exceeded all expectations!!!

Sent on 10/09/2019
  • Michele

Michele Kelly Grieco · Married on 11/23/2018

I would highly recommend using variety music for your wedding!

My husband and I had an exceptional experience working with Variety Music. Tom was our DJ and Sal was our MC. Sal was articulate and fun when it came to announcing our wedding party and organizing games with our guests. Tom kept everyone on the dance floor the entire night from my grandparents to my parents friends to our friends. Tom played every song on our list that we provided him prior to the wedding at our last meeting as well as a couple of extra songs that fit with the genres of music that we like. He read the dance floor well and changed the music based on who was dancing at any given time. I would highly recommend using variety music for your wedding!

Sent on 07/14/2019

Kevin Ansel · Married on 11/03/2018

Excellent DJ

Tom and Ray did a fantastic job with our wedding. Tom hit all the music we requested and Ray got everyone up on the dance floor. Our guest were dancing all night and we heard nothing but great things about it from our family and friends. Prior to our wedding Tom was easy to work with and very receptive to all our requests. Ray is a great MC. He got all our family and friends going, even those who never dance got up and danced at least a little. We were very happy with the job they did. No regrets with having Variety DJ our wedding.

Sent on 11/21/2018

Chelsea · Married on 10/27/2018

Best DJ company!!!

Absolutely amazing, still have people raving about them and the percussionist!!! Everyone wants to book them now.

Sent on 10/30/2018

Shelley · Married on 09/29/2018

A night to remember

I cannot put into words how happy I am to have found Variety music. But I’ll try so here it goes...

My journey with Variety music started about a year and a half ago. I was recommended to them by a family friend. She raved about how wonderful her experience was with Variety. The level of professionalism was evident throughout. They walked me through all the steps and exceeded my expectations. They had everyone on the dance floor, even my 85 year old grandmother who walks with a cane.

Sent on 10/31/2018

sara · Married on 06/02/2018

We had our wedding on 6/2/18 and I cannot say enough positive things about our experience with Sal and Tom (our DJ's for the night) and the entire company for that matter. They were warm, friendly and had the crowd dancing and having a great time the whole night. They knew how to be involved without being over the top. Their personalities were icing on the cake too, I couldn't have asked for a better set of people to make my wedding so much fun.
    They also provided our lighting (which was perfect!), our videographer (whom was so kind, calming and funny) and our cocktail hour entertainment (a frank sinatra singer). The cocktail hour entertainment blew everyone out of the water- he was incredible and had an absolutely amazing voice.
    Our videographer was always in the right place at the right time (I cannot wait to see our video!)
    Thank you Variety Music!!!!

Sent on 06/05/2018

Jessie · Married on 12/02/2017

To everyone who helped with Alex and I’s wedding. THANK YOU!

The day was perfect thanks to you guys. Andrew was amazing on guitar and we loved it!! We have so many friends asking to hire him!
    Tom and Ray, thanks for coordinating everything! The event was so smooth and sounded amazing!! Everyone was dancing and Alex and i loved ever minute of it!

Drew was amazing on percussion and it totally changed the vibe of the night! If you guys are questioning to use percussion, you definitely should and Drew is the best. My sister used for her wedding as well and he is great!
    Thank you again!!! Overly pleased with your performance!

Sent on 12/12/2017

Gabriella · Married on 11/04/2017

Look no further! We used Variety Music for our November 4th wedding at The Royalton, after my sister and brother-in-law previously used them for their wedding a few years prior - and they again, DID NOT DISAPPOINT! To us, music at our wedding was one of the most important aspects and we are so happy we decided to use Variety Music. Tom & Ray were so easy to work with, very responsive, very reasonably priced and made it a very seamless process. At our final meeting, we went through every single detail, explained the genres of music we wanted, helped us decide the sequence of events throughout the night and everything went off without a hitch. Tom and Ray were AMAZING - they were fantastic at reading their audience and the dance floor was completely PACKED the entire night - this is exactly what we hoped for and our guests are still talking about how much fun they had. We also hired Howi, the percussionist and he was a HIT! He let the guests play around on the drums, and gave the party such an upbeat and exciting vibe. We also used them for lighting and the room looked perfect and exactly what we had envisioned. You will not be disappointed!

Sent on 12/27/2017

Britany · Married on 09/23/2017

I loved working with Ray and Tom on our wedding day! They played all of the songs we requested and had everyone up partying on the dance floor! It was such a fun atmosphere, everything I could have hoped for on my wedding day!

Sent on 10/08/2017

Mary · Married on 08/11/2017

We used Variety Music for our Wedding this past weekend. They were the absolute best. Ray, Tom and the drummer just blew us all away. Every person was on the dance floor. We received so many texts and emails the next day telling us that our wedding was one best they ever went to. Cant say enough about them.
    Thank you guys!

Sent on 08/13/2017

Donna · Married on 07/02/2017

Awesome DJ and MC! Sal was the MC at my wedding a few weeks ago and he was outstanding. Everyone was on the dance floor the entire time and I got so many compliments about the music.

Sent on 07/17/2017
  • Deanna

Deanna · Married on 05/20/2017

100% Variety music is the BEST choice! My MC, Ray & DJ, Tom were above and beyond! At my meetings with both of them they were kind, knowledgeable and funny from the start. I also used them for the photo booth services. So happy my husband and I choose them for our May 20th wedding!

Sent on 06/26/2017

Anna · Married on 10/15/2016

There are so many great things to say about Variety. Tom from the very beginning was so approachable and willing to work with our budget. He gave us a great deal, and I valued his opinion from the start. The entire process from booking all the way up to the night of the wedding was so smooth. He answered my (many) emails so quickly and gave me honest feedback with all of my requests. Tom was our DJ, Sal was our MC and Howie was our percussionist. They all worked so well together to make the music flow from song to song. I still get compliments on how the dance floor was packed all night long because the music was so great. Last but not least, hands down the best part of what Variety did the night of the wedding. They played our last song, and when the lights went on the entire dance floor changed "One more song, one more song" without hesitation Tom played Bye, Bye, Bye and everyone went nuts. I could not have asked for a better DJ to provide entertainment for what was the most amazing night of my life!!!!!

Sent on 12/10/2016
  • Stephanie

Stephanie · Married on 10/02/2016

Variety is the best! We used Tom and Ray, they were both awesome!

Sent on 12/07/2016

Jessica · Married on 09/09/2016

Variety Music is the best! My husband and I were very specific with the type of music we wanted played at our wedding. We sat with Ray and went over everything, and the week before we sat with Tom to confirm our playlist. We wanted all "now" music. My guests are HUGE party animals and love to dance, so playing up beat music was crucial. We didn't want a lot of slow songs and wanted to keep everyone moving. Variety 100% listened to us! They played exactly the type of music I wanted. No one sat down! Our DJ had to, literally, tell guests three times that dinner was served because no one was sitting down! It was AMAZING! I am so happy with their service and have already refereed the to my friends!

***We also got the Step & Repeat instead of the photo booth and it was well worth it. Our guests LOVED it. I highly recommend it!

Sent on 10/26/2016

Emily · Married on 09/03/2016

Variety did such a kick ass job on our wedding!! They completely worked within our budget and helped us throw the perfect reception. We had choreographed our first dance to include two songs, and Ray worked everything out smoothly on the day. I would highly recommend using Variety! I will definitely call them for future events.

Sent on 10/25/2016

brittany · Married on 07/23/2016

Variety Music provided the music for our cocktail hour and reception. We had a piano player for the cocktail hour and then a DJ and MC for the reception. They were great! They played the music we talked about and did not play anything we had on the do not play list. The MC got people up on the dance floor and made it a great wedding! I would recommend Variety Music to anyone looking for music for an event!

Sent on 08/11/2016

Jackie · Married on 07/15/2016

Tom and Ray are the absolute BEST! They made our wedding a GIANT dance party, which was exactly what we wanted!!!! All of our guests told us that our wedding was one of the best they had ever been to because of the food and the music! During the planning process before the wedding, both Tom and Ray were also SO helpful in selecting songs that fit us perfectly throughout all parts of the ceremony/wedding celebration. They were so patient and kind and informative, and we can't wait to book them for another party in the future! This company may be viewed as expensive by some, but you get what you pay for---- nothing but the highest quality! :)

Sent on 08/10/2016

Jennifer · Married on 06/20/2016

Variety Music rocked it at my wedding. The MC Sal was out of this world. The photographer and the Zip Zap photographer were awesome. They were a pleasure to work with. Hands down recommend them.

Sent on 07/03/2016

nina · Married on 05/28/2016

Im so happy I choose Sal he was a life saver I wasn't able to complete the forms I was suppose to and he did an amazing job for my Playlist at my wedding.He is extremely helpful and professional everyone loved my amazing mc and dj we had.Thank you guys for making my day special.

Sent on 06/03/2016

Lauren · Married on 04/30/2016

We hired Variety Music to DJ our wedding and it was a great decision! We came to them a little late in the game as our original DJ canceled on us and they were extremely helpful, accommodating and their price was very reasonable. We met with Ray, who was great. He answered all of our questions and did a great job letting us know all of the options we had. We ended up choosing to have their steel drum player, Howie, for our cocktail hour and he was awesome! Sal was our DJ for the night and he kept the dance floor full all night long. All night long people were commenting on how good our DJ was and said the music was awesome! We had an amazing wedding and they were a huge part of that. Thank you!

Sent on 05/13/2016

Ashlee · Married on 04/16/2016

Ray and Tom did our wedding on 4/16/16 and they were amazing, we couldn't have asked for a better DJ and MC!! They were both so flexible and made sure that we got everything that we wanted in order to make our wedding perfect!! They were extremely friendly and always answered my emails and phone calls in record time. They are a true pleasure to work with and we would recommend them to anyone!! Thank you both for helping us make our wedding perfect!

Sent on 04/22/2016