Van Rixel Productions Reviews

84 | Milwaukee, WI

84 Reviews for Van Rixel Productions

1 User photo

John H. · Getting married on 07/10/2022

The dance floor was never empty

Van Rixel Productions were amazing. They take the time to sit down with you and review music choices that you want. They help fill in gaps where some genres need to be added. They even will do some sound effects to songs to make them more dramatic. We had Ralf as our DJ and the dance floor was never empty. Thanks Van Rixel for making our day extra special.

Sent on 11/17/2020

Mitch B. · Married on 06/05/2021

Couldn't have asked for anything more

From the start our most important part of our wedding was the dancing. We never wanted the floor empty and we didn't want slow songs, only fun party songs. The dance floor was always packed and we had multiple friends and family tell us how awesome the DJ was. Thanks Rolando!

Sent on 07/21/2021

Van Rixel Productions's reply:

Thanks so much for having us at your event! We had a great time and wish you all the best in your life together!
  • Z

Zach H. · Married on 10/10/2020

Lock them in and let them go to work!

We had the pleasure of dealing with Van Rixel Productions for our entertaining on our day and Luke was our DJ. Luke and David paid very close attention to detail. There was very little we had to go over on the wedding day and everything went exactly how we planned after going over final details a week prior to the wedding. We had our wedding in Green Bay and they were on time and had everything ready to go with ease, even with all the traveling they had to do! We will be recommending Van Rixel Productions to everyone we know that has events coming up.

Sent on 10/21/2020

Van Rixel Productions's reply:

It was our pleasure! Thank you for having us as part of your day, Luke, and best wishes to you and Bobbie!
  • Charissa

Charissa D. · Married on 09/12/2020

Wow! Could not have asked for a better DJ or company!

Van Rixel did an outstanding job at our wedding! Unfortunately 3 days prior to the wedding, the DJ we had been working with was exposed to COVID. Immediately the company owner, David, had a replacement DJ for us. Chris was incredible. We had an hour long phone meeting with him the night that he was assigned our wedding. It was an hour because we were very picky on what music we wanted for our wedding but he just went with it. He made me feel much more relaxed after having to work with a brand new DJ so close to the wedding and having to get him up to speed on our songs, special dances, and special requests. Chris exceeded our expectations!! He played all of the songs that we wanted, at exactly the right times. He didn’t play any of the “do not play” list songs (which was long). And he would ask my husband or I if we could play certain requests, as I said, we were picky. We didn’t want any of the “typical” songs you hear at weddings, we wanted something different, so he also picked great music that matched our taste for the rest of the night. During the ceremony it was pretty windy and our pianist’s sheet music was not staying put, Chris came over and held it for her while she played. Honestly I cannot say enough good things Chris as our DJ. There isn’t one thing I would change. We had such a great time dancing the night away. I would HIGHLY recommend Van Rixel Productions for your event, you won’t be disappointed.

Sent on 10/21/2020
  • Madison

Madison C. · Married on 08/08/2020

Great experience!

My husband and I were excited to work with Van Rixel Productions after they were recommended by several couples we knew. All staff were very polite and responsive to our needs. Our DJ was Ralf and we were so glad he was there to make sure our big day ran smoothly!

Sent on 08/21/2020

Van Rixel Productions's reply:

Thank you, Madison; we are happy to help and we are glad your friends shared our name with you! Congratulations again to you and Brandon!
  • Brooke

Brooke W. · Married on 08/10/2019

Van Rixel Productions was great!

Really great company & very accommodating when we had a few last minute changes just before the dinner. I loved that they were able to give us a choice for "must play" songs & "never play" songs/artists!

Sent on 08/30/2019
  • Sam

Sam Z. · Married on 08/10/2019

Absolutely Perfect!

Van Rixel Productions was the perfect choice for our wedding! David made the process of planning our DJ extremely easy. Our DJ was amazing and helped us throw the perfect party on our big day. Many of our guests came up to us and told us they had never had so much fun at a wedding before. I would highly recommend Van Rixel Productions to anyone in need of a DJ!

Sent on 10/05/2019

Tessa R. · Married on 07/13/2019

Our Best Decision!

Your Wedding DJ can make or break your event! Ralf was our assigned wedding DJ and we were so pleased with his professionalism and the way that he was able to make the room feel connected and intimate, although we had 250+ guests. I loved Van Rixel’s digital portal that organized all of our wedding information (bridal party list, timeline documents, important phone numbers document, do not play list, play only if requested list, must play list, etc. ). I felt secure knowing that Ralf had the information he needed ahead of time to make the reception run smoothly. Reviewing all of these documents with Ralf at our pre-wedding meeting put me at ease and allowed me to be present during the entire reception. So many people commented on how warm Ralf was, how the evening progressed fluidly with his guidance, and how great the music was! Would highly recommend Van Rixel Productions and all of their DJs!

Sent on 10/17/2019

Van Rixel Productions's reply:

You brought the party, glad we just got to be a part of it! :) Had so much fun with you and your guests.
    -Ralf-

Amanda K. · Married on 10/20/2018

Awesome DJ

From the beginning David was great to talk to. He got to know us and what we needed for our wedding day. He kept in touch with us and made the process very easy. When the big day came we were both extremely impressed with our DJ, Rolando. He was always asking us what we needed or if he could do something. He kept the dance floor packed until the very last song and had turn people away when it was time for the night to end. He made our day a party that everyone will continue to talk about. The up lighting was beautiful and everything looked complete. We couldn't be happier with the services!!

Sent on 12/14/2018

John A. · Married on 09/29/2018

Stress free and very accommodating

They worked with our crazy planning schedule, and provided us with excellent service. If you want a stress free reception, definitely go with Van Rixel Productions.

Sent on 10/16/2018

Lauren · Married on 09/21/2018

Absolutely perfect!

I wish I could give more than 5 stars!!! David was our dj and he kept the dance floor packed the whole night. On the day of, he was super organized and punctual. He had to set up outside for our ceremony and inside for the cocktail hour/reception and he did so without there being any “dead time” where no music was playing. He also didn’t have to ask me a single question which is a life saver for a bride who has a million other things going on! I would highly recommend Van Rixel Productions!

Sent on 10/19/2018

Monica · Married on 08/18/2018

We recently got married and used Van Rixel Productions and Hans was our DJ. He was seriously the BEST!!! We’ve had so many people tell us how amazing our wedding was because the dance floor was always full & the music was awesome!! Thank you Hans!!!! I highly recommend this company!!

Sent on 08/26/2018
  • tricia

Tricia · Married on 08/18/2018

We had Jesse as our DJ and he was amazing! Everyone from my grandma to my friends loved him, which is a hard task to do. He went above and beyond what a DJ is supposed to do, and for that I would highly recommend Van Rixel and Jesse.

Sent on 08/30/2018

Lauren · Married on 07/14/2018

When my husband & I first got engaged, we thought we didn’t need a DJ and could just make a playlist and connect an iPod to speakers. My mom convinced us we needed a DJ and found Van Rixel Productions for us; I am SO glad she did! Jesse was our DJ and he was INCREDIBLE! He facilitated the speeches during dinner to keep things moving at a good pace (but never rushed anything). Even though one of them wasn’t in their online request system, he found and played the exact songs we requested for our first dance and father-daughter dance (which doesn’t always happen in the weddings I’ve been to). Most importantly, he ensured everyone had an awesome time dancing the night away! We had guests ranging in age from 4 - 85, and he played a variety of music that everyone enjoyed and had fun dancing to. We made a list of requests beforehand and he played many of the songs we requested as well as several that were definitely popular with our guests that we hadn’t thought of. He didn’t just press play though; he was a wonderful emcee the entire night and sprinkled in the perfect amount of commentary. He also played the songs our guests requested and made sure to get our permission if they were at all explicit (which we appreciated because there were kids there for a good chunk of the dancing). I can’t emphasize enough how well he did at keeping the dance floor packed and the atmosphere fun all night long. We had guests dancing after we left and until the reception ended and the last trolley was there to pick people up. At my mom’s request, he quickly got everyone off the dance floor so they wouldn’t miss the trolley back to their hotels. Jesse was the best DJ we could have asked for and he far exceeded my expectations. He was also incredibly nice and made sure to introduce himself to my husband and I when we got to the reception venue and came and said goodbye after our last dance. I cannot recommend Jesse from Van Rixel Productions more highly, so make sure you book him if you can!

Sent on 08/18/2018

Natasha · Married on 04/07/2018

David at Van Rixel was AMAZING! During our first meeting, he sold himself as being the "Master of Ceremonies," and we were sold. David went beyond our expectations in planning our playlist and event timeline and had our guests on the dancefloor the whole night. Best of all, we were looking through our wedding photos, and he always had a smile on his face in the background. Thanks David!

Sent on 05/03/2018

Van Rixel Productions's reply:

Thank you for the kind words and happy to hear I was always caught smiling :) Easy to smile at such a fun wedding. Congratulations to you and Johnny!

Brian · Married on 10/07/2017

Rolando was amazing! Not only was he a great DJ, but he helped us through everything the day of the ceremony, talked to the kitchen so we didn't have to, helped coordinate people, and even showed us how to cut the cake! Everyone at the wedding could see him working the room and helping with anything he could. High praise from not only the bride and groom, but everyone at the wedding!

Sent on 10/18/2017

Maja · Married on 09/09/2017

We used Van Rixel Productions for our 9/9/17 wedding, and we could not have been more impressed with our DJ, Rolando. He truly went above and beyond what we expected him to do. We loved that he introduced himself to our guests before the dancing began, and many guests commented on how unique that was and how much they liked it. He truly was an integral part of making our night go smoothly, and everything went perfectly! He really was so much more than a DJ- he was continuously checking in with us throughout the night to make sure we had everything we needed and that we were satisfied with everything. We didn't have a huge amount of songs we pre-selected, but he picked up on our music taste so well. Music is a pretty big part of my life, and I was so happy that I could say that I LOVED the music at my own wedding. Highly recommend!

The only small issue I had is that they did not inform us that they changed locations/addresses. We sent a payment check to them and never got any confirmation. I had to reach out to them, and it wasn't until then that they told us they moved locations. I had to write another check, and just kind of felt that we were forgotten. However, they were apologetic about the situation, and our DJ was so wonderful that all is forgiven!

Sent on 10/22/2017

Eric · Married on 07/08/2017

David and his team were great. I had no idea how important the DJ, his team, or he light and sound would be for our event. He was the backbone that kept the party going, our guests happy, and me Wiley-free. David is a class act and that made all the difference!

Sent on 07/19/2017

Brian · Married on 06/27/2017

Van Rixel Productions was great! Our DJ (Hans) was the best and very professional. Highly recommended!

Sent on 06/27/2017

Stephanie · Married on 06/17/2017

Alec was our DJ and he did a great job. We enjoyed the planning process, and after our wedding, lots of people were telling me what a great time they had, and that they thought the DJ was fantastic. (June 2017)

Sent on 07/02/2017

Jacquelyn · Married on 06/03/2017

Thank you to the entire VRP team! They were amazing to work with and made our wedding entertainment awesome! They really helped individualize our day to exactly what we wanted.

Sent on 07/28/2017

Kristin · Married on 05/27/2017

David was so great to work with from our initial consultation through the end of the reception. He was really helpful in making suggestions to our timeline and made sure things were running smoothly. We got SO MANY compliments on our DJ from all age range of guests, and the dance floor was truly never empty. We also used their photo booth services and their props and everything was so well organized and guests had a ton of fun. I highly recommend Van Rixel Productions!

Sent on 07/31/2017

Samantha · Married on 05/19/2017

They made the whole planning process a breeze. And when it came down to dancing our dance floor was never empty. Best night of our lives

Sent on 05/31/2017

David · Married on 01/28/2017

David is great at making the sound of the wedding customized to the preferences of both the couple and the guests who attend. After seeing him at several other weddings he was an easy choice for my wife and me.

Sent on 01/30/2017

Kelly · Married on 10/15/2016

Hans was THE BEST DJ EVER! I am a professional radio DJ , so the music at my wedding had to be good, had to reflect our personal style, and had to get the majority of 450 people dancing. Hans was perfect in every way, attentive , efficent, on top of everything , he listened to our requests before the wedding, our specific playlist needs, kept the flow going for speeches and dinner, honestly , a dream dj. . One of the best choices I made in planning my wedding. Thank you Hans!!!!

Sent on 10/18/2016

Van Rixel Productions's reply:

Thank you for choosing Van Rixel Productions! Glad you had an amazing night.