70 Reviews for Van Rixel Productions

Projector (2)
Liability Insurance (1)
Flat Screen (1)
70 Van Rixel Productions Reviews

We recently got married and used Van Rixel Productions and Hans was our DJ. He was seriously the BEST!!! We’ve had so many people tell us how amazing our wedding was because the dance floor was always full & the music was awesome!! Thank you Hans!!!! I highly recommend this company!!

Profile Picture Monica , 8/18/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We had Jesse as our DJ and he was amazing! Everyone from my grandma to my friends loved him, which is a hard task to do. He went above and beyond what a DJ is supposed to do, and for that I would highly recommend Van Rixel and Jesse.

Profile Picture tricia, 8/18/18, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, MC

When my husband & I first got engaged, we thought we didn’t need a DJ and could just make a playlist and connect an iPod to speakers. My mom convinced us we needed a DJ and found Van Rixel Productions for us; I am SO glad she did! Jesse was our DJ and he was INCREDIBLE! He facilitated the speeches during dinner to keep things moving at a good pace (but never rushed anything). Even though one of them wasn’t in their online request system, he found and played the exact songs we requested for our first dance and father-daughter dance (which doesn’t always happen in the weddings I’ve been to). Most importantly, he ensured everyone had an awesome time dancing the night away! We had guests ranging in age from 4 - 85, and he played a variety of music that everyone enjoyed and had fun dancing to. We made a list of requests beforehand and he played many of the songs we requested as well as several that were definitely popular with our guests that we hadn’t thought of. He didn’t just press play though; he was a wonderful emcee the entire night and sprinkled in the perfect amount of commentary. He also played the songs our guests requested and made sure to get our permission if they were at all explicit (which we appreciated because there were kids there for a good chunk of the dancing). I can’t emphasize enough how well he did at keeping the dance floor packed and the atmosphere fun all night long. We had guests dancing after we left and until the reception ended and the last trolley was there to pick people up. At my mom’s request, he quickly got everyone off the dance floor so they wouldn’t miss the trolley back to their hotels. Jesse was the best DJ we could have asked for and he far exceeded my expectations. He was also incredibly nice and made sure to introduce himself to my husband and I when we got to the reception venue and came and said goodbye after our last dance. I cannot recommend Jesse from Van Rixel Productions more highly, so make sure you book him if you can!

Profile Picture Lauren, 7/14/18, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

David at Van Rixel was AMAZING! During our first meeting, he sold himself as being the "Master of Ceremonies," and we were sold. David went beyond our expectations in planning our playlist and event timeline and had our guests on the dancefloor the whole night. Best of all, we were looking through our wedding photos, and he always had a smile on his face in the background. Thanks David!

Profile Picture Natasha, 4/7/18, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor

We LOVED our DJ! Alec was amazing! He normally works at a dance studio and he offered to teach swing dancelessons at our wedding! ALL of our guests had a blast and were ALL on the dance floor most of the night (which is what we really wanted). We desired to have a unique wedding, and Alec helped make our dream a reality! Alec played MC/Host, and made each and every one of our guests, ages 10-94, feel welcomed. He also did lights for our wedding. The owner, David, replied to my phone calls and texts quickly and was easy to work with. The price was reasonable and well worth every penny! THANK YOU!!

Profile Picture Dorie, 10/22/17, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ, Entertainer, Lighting & Decor, Unique Services (Other)
Services Used: Flat Screen, Microphones, Photobooth, Projector, Sound/PA System, Uplighting, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC

Rolando was amazing! Not only was he a great DJ, but he helped us through everything the day of the ceremony, talked to the kitchen so we didn't have to, helped coordinate people, and even showed us how to cut the cake! Everyone at the wedding could see him working the room and helping with anything he could. High praise from not only the bride and groom, but everyone at the wedding!

Profile Picture Brian, 10/7/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

David and his team were an amazing asset to our beautiful day. He was incredibly thorough and had great ideas to make our day memorable. I highly recommend this company to anyone searching for entertainment for any event.

Profile Picture Ben, 9/30/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We used Van Rixel Productions for our 9/9/17 wedding, and we could not have been more impressed with our DJ, Rolando. He truly went above and beyond what we expected him to do. We loved that he introduced himself to our guests before the dancing began, and many guests commented on how unique that was and how much they liked it. He truly was an integral part of making our night go smoothly, and everything went perfectly! He really was so much more than a DJ- he was continuously checking in with us throughout the night to make sure we had everything we needed and that we were satisfied with everything. We didn't have a huge amount of songs we pre-selected, but he picked up on our music taste so well. Music is a pretty big part of my life, and I was so happy that I could say that I LOVED the music at my own wedding. Highly recommend!

The only small issue I had is that they did not inform us that they changed locations/addresses. We sent a payment check to them and never got any confirmation. I had to reach out to them, and it wasn't until then that they told us they moved locations. I had to write another check, and just kind of felt that we were forgotten. However, they were apologetic about the situation, and our DJ was so wonderful that all is forgiven!

Profile Picture Maja, 9/9/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

David and his team were great. I had no idea how important the DJ, his team, or he light and sound would be for our event. He was the backbone that kept the party going, our guests happy, and me Wiley-free. David is a class act and that made all the difference!

Profile Picture Eric, 7/8/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Van Rixel Productions was great! Our DJ (Hans) was the best and very professional. Highly recommended!

Profile Picture Brian, 6/27/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Alec was our DJ and he did a great job. We enjoyed the planning process, and after our wedding, lots of people were telling me what a great time they had, and that they thought the DJ was fantastic. (June 2017)

Profile Picture Stephanie, 6/17/17, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Uplighting, Do-Not-Play List, MC

Thank you to the entire VRP team! They were amazing to work with and made our wedding entertainment awesome! They really helped individualize our day to exactly what we wanted.

Profile Picture Jacquelyn, 6/3/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

David was so great to work with from our initial consultation through the end of the reception. He was really helpful in making suggestions to our timeline and made sure things were running smoothly. We got SO MANY compliments on our DJ from all age range of guests, and the dance floor was truly never empty. We also used their photo booth services and their props and everything was so well organized and guests had a ton of fun. I highly recommend Van Rixel Productions!

Profile Picture Kristin, 5/27/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

They made the whole planning process a breeze. And when it came down to dancing our dance floor was never empty. Best night of our lives

Profile Picture Samantha, 5/19/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

David is great at making the sound of the wedding customized to the preferences of both the couple and the guests who attend. After seeing him at several other weddings he was an easy choice for my wife and me.

Profile Picture David, 1/28/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Hans was THE BEST DJ EVER! I am a professional radio DJ , so the music at my wedding had to be good, had to reflect our personal style, and had to get the majority of 450 people dancing. Hans was perfect in every way, attentive , efficent, on top of everything , he listened to our requests before the wedding, our specific playlist needs, kept the flow going for speeches and dinner, honestly , a dream dj. . One of the best choices I made in planning my wedding. Thank you Hans!!!!

Profile Picture kelly, 10/15/16, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

Rolando is amazing! He made sure to talk to us about what we were looking for, and gave us some great ideas that we never would have thought about. The anniversary dance was such a cute idea! He also walked around at the reception before my husband and I arrived to see what people wanted to hear and what would get them on the dance floor. He made sure my husband and I had food too, which helped a ton! Thank you so much!!!

Profile Picture User4858825, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

Van Rixel Productions was amazing to work with for our wedding from start to finish. Our DJ Sammy was incredible and kept the party going all night long.

Profile Picture Monique, 9/17/16, 7 Reviews
Category: DJ

Look no further. I selected David Van Rixel based off his reviews on this website and others and he completely knocked it out of the park. After our initial phone consultation I decided to book David himself for our wedding and he was so easy to work with and made the whole process flow very smoothly. He was very helpful in guiding us through the timeline and choosing music for the different stages of the night.

One of the main things we wanted was to ensure we had the dance floor full all night and David delivered big time. I still have friends and family telling us how much fun they had and how much they enjoyed David. David played all of our requests, even the last minute selections I had texted him.

David is a fantastic DJ that will keep the party going and is so easy to work with. So happy that we had David DJ our wedding!

Profile Picture Ryan, 9/17/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC, Microphones, Sound/PA System

As a former Dance Team-er, MUSIC at my wedding was my #1 Priority, and my husbands too! I needed my guests and especially all of my dance friends to be hitting the floor all night long! We wanted someone with energy to get our crowd going, and a DJ who had all the latest hits. Well, we got exactly what we wanted from Van Rixel. Tyler was our DJ for the night, and he played all of the beats we were looking for! Our dance floor was busy all night long! If our venue would have not cut us off at midnight, we would have been dancing til the sun came up. Extremely impressed by Van Rixel responsiveness and eagerness to meet us, HEAR US, and develop a game plan for the evening. HIGHLY RECOMD.

Profile Picture Jessica, 9/17/16, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Be ready for real professionals. David and his staff know what they're doing so we'd definitely recommend them to anyone in the market for a DJ.

Profile Picture User7335554, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: DJ

A year ago I called around to five different area DJs and my conversation with David was so pleasant that his meeting was the only one I kept. I knew immediately he would do a great job. Through all of our interactions he was professional, relaxed, and an incredibly good and active listener. David is obviously very comfortable with DJing weddings and helped Molly and I piece together an evening that ran seamlessly. Molly and I were lucky enough to have David DJ our wedding and we told him that we wanted a busy dance floor all night- and he delivered! The night flew by and there wasn't a moment that the dance floor wasn't full. Among all of the positive feedback of the evening was that the DJ knew exactly what to play to keep the party going, and that the night had more dancing than many of our guests have ever seen at a wedding. David and Van Rixel Productions gets ALL of our DJ recommendations!

Profile Picture Bryan, 9/3/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Book with Van Rixel Productions - you won't be disappointed!! They are more than just an excellent DJ service - they provide planning and timeline management. I was at ease throughout my entire wedding.

Profile Picture User7288792, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor

My husband and I would like to thank David and Van Rixel Productions for helping us have the best wedding ceremony and reception we could ask for. We planned our wedding from across the country and David made it very easy to communicate with him and made sure we were on the same page even when it came to all of the small details. His team did an amazing job on every aspect of the day, from the up-lighting in the reception hall, the lighted tables in the cocktail room, the special touches on the photo booth printouts, being right on cue with every hand-picked song we chose for each special moment, making it possible to use a custom design for the wall projection, and even keeping us on schedule throughout the whole day. We received so many complements on every feature of the ceremony and reception that Van Rixel Productions helped with, and all of the hard work they put in really made our day extraordinary. If you want to have a beautiful wedding with incredible special touches, and work with people who genuinely care about making your day or party one of a kind, we would strongly recommend Van Rixel Productions. You will not be disappointed.

Profile Picture Megan, 8/26/16, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

From the beginning of our planning to the wedding, David were there every step of the way. A lot of our friends said their own DJs didn't see them until their wedding day, but not David! He met with us twice before the wedding to make sure every one of our needs were met, as well as occasional email conversations. On the night of the wedding, he and his assistant helped to orchestrate everything beautifully (even doing things that he didn't have to do!), which really made us feel his passion for his business and people. If we have another event where a DJ would be needed, we wouldn't go to anyone else! So great at reading the crowd, playing outstanding music, and making us and our guests dance the night away! Highly highly recommend!!!

Profile Picture Alissa, 7/30/16, 5 Reviews