Van Dickson Ranch Reviews

55 | Skull Valley, AZ

55 Reviews for Van Dickson Ranch

• Megan

Megan L. · Married on 07/03/2021

Couldn’t have been a more perfect day

The Van Dickson Ranch was an amazing and professional experience from start to finish. They were very responsive and allowed us to tour a few times to show family and friends. The day of the wedding we unfortunately had some heavy rains, but they were so on top of everything and we were still able to have our ceremony out under the trees! Their wedding coordinator was super sweet and very communicative. We truly couldn’t have had a more perfect day, everything ran so smoothly! Not to mention due to the rain Carolyn offered for us to come back another time and reshoot photos if needed, she wanted to make sure we truly got everything out of the day. I would highly recommend for anyone looking for beautiful scenery and with so many amenities at such a great price.

Sent on 07/26/2021
  • Kylie

Kylie S. · Married on 06/12/2021

Excellent communication and hospitality

The Van Dickson Ranch is a timeless venue with stunning greenery and a "homey" feeling. Carolyn and Paul, the owners, are incredibly welcoming and kind as well as flexible when it comes to last-minute wedding changes. Upon booking the Van Dickson, you'll be given a packet of suggested vendors that she has worked with before in the area to make the wedding planning as painless as possible. They even have horses and dogs on the property! This venue was the perfect spot and memory for my husband and I.
    Love,
    Kylie and Joshua

Sent on 06/20/2021
  • Carissa

Carissa · Married on 05/01/2021

Magical Venue

We could not have picked a more perfect venue for our wedding ceremony and reception. Carolyn was fabulous and attentive from start to finish. Her staff is amazing. The food was fantastic, the scenery impeccable, you will not regret having your special day here! The grooms suite and bridal suite are perfect. The pavilion was gorgeous. We just LOVED this whole special day!

Sent on 05/17/2021
  • Kaitlin

Kaitlin V. · Married on 04/30/2021

Absolutely amazing venue

Oh my goodness. I cannot even put into words how much I LOVED the Van Dickson Ranch. We got married here April 30th, 2021. The whole day was so much more perfect than I could ever imagine. The bridal suite and grooms suite was so nice to have to get ready in. Carolyn herself is such a sweetheart and is there throughout the whole day to help make sure everything goes perfectly. I live in another city so Carolyn was wonderful with communication and making sure everything was set and ready to go for the day. The staff was so wonderful and directing guests, helping me and my husband, and helping set up. The venue is absolutely breathtaking and beautiful. Every guest I had could not stop talking about how gorgeous it was. I didn’t even add decorations to my ceremony because the landscape itself is breathtaking. The reception was wonderfully lit and comfortable. The food was AMAZING. If you are looking at getting married in Arizona, I highly recommend this venue 100%. This was the first venue my husband and I toured and we cancelled all other tours and booked the Van Dickson on the spot because we fell in love with the scenery and the owners.

Sent on 05/01/2021
  • Bradley

Bradley R. · Married on 02/10/2021

Couldn't have asked for anything more!

The venue was great. The ambiance was perfect for our wedding in late October. The food got multiple compliments, even weeks later. Would definitely recommend.

The staff was super helpful and looked great. The owners are super responsive and helpful in their recommendations.

Sent on 11/13/2019
  • Melanie

Melanie · Married on 10/19/2019

Great venue ran by great people!

We couldn’t have asked for a better place to be married. Van Dickson Ranch was everything we wanted and more. The owner, Carolyn Harris, went over and beyond expectations for us before the wedding and the day of the wedding. She made us feel comfortable and at peace with everything about our wedding. She responded in a timely manner to every panicked message I would send about little details regarding our wedding. Living two hours away from the venue made something’s difficult to plan but Carolyn was always there when you needed something. The food her husband smokes and cooks the day of was delicious! All their staff from the cowboys to the food servers were friendly and pleasant people. I would recommend this venue to anyone looking to get married outside on a beautiful property. We love Van Dickson Ranch!

Sent on 11/03/2019

Jay · Married on 06/01/2019

Amazing and gorgeous

When I began looking around for wedding venues it was a little overwhelming, especially once you begin to look at the pricing of venues. I explored my options down in the valley as well as the outskirts and found Van Dickson Ranch, and I am so grateful I did! This venue really stood out to me because of its natural beauty alone, as well as how private it is being on a 600 acre ranch. This venue is absolutely beautiful! The price and package that they offer was also another one of my favorite things. This venue is the most decently priced venue option and they include DELICIOUS food in their package that is a great variety and option for everyone, even gluten free besides the rolls and so delicious! Throughout the year I had to plan my wedding Carolyn was very communicative and responsive during my planning whenever I had any questions or anything she was there with a quick response and an answer to my questions. When my big day arrived it was absolutely perfect. We had the whole day to set up all of our decorations and to get ready at the venue. Carolyn has a beautiful casita for the bride and bridesmaids to get ready in, and a little house for the groom and groomsmen. The day went so smoothly and Carolyn was very helpful throughout the day. Once the ceremony began the cowboys had everything set up and ready to go perfectly. Carolyn is great at capturing meaningful behind the scenes photos of my father and I before walking down the aisle. The whole ceremony, reception, and wedding went beautifully and perfect. The cowboys are so responsive, helpful, and such pleasant good men. They help set everything up and ensure all guests are where they need to be and happy. I am so grateful and happy that I chose to have my special day here and would not have it any other way. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS VENUE! Especially if you want a natural and private, open wedding. I was able to keep my decor simple with just lace, burlap, and wood decor made by my husband and it was PERFECT and with all of the natural outside beauty here you do not need a lot of decorations because it is just beautiful itself! Thank you so so much Van Dickson Ranch team! :)

Sent on 06/17/2019
  • Victoria

Victoria · Married on 09/14/2018

Beautiful, Friendly, A Dream Come True

Van Dickson Ranch was a dream come true. Green grass, weeping willow trees, amazing food and all the friendly staff are just a few things that made Van Dickson Ranch the perfect venue. Carolyn, the owner, is the sweetest person my husband and I have met. She took time to get to know me and my husband and by the end of the night all the guests and staff felt like family to one another. Carolyn also went over and beyond to make sure that all the table and chairs were set up correctly and gave us recommendations on who to contact for photographers, or flowers and so on. Van Dickson Ranch truly is one of the most beautiful places ever and we will cherish our day there and the people for the rest of our lives.

Sent on 10/25/2018

Jessica · Married on 08/18/2018

Van Dickson Ranch was the perfect place for our wedding. Every one of our guests commented on how beautiful the ranch was and how perfect it fit us. The location can truly be used for a classy wedding to a rustic style, it is very versatile which worked flawlessly for us. Carolyn was extremely helpful, answering my million e-mails quickly and helping me figure out where the best place was to set things up from her extensive experience. Her suggestion to use Screw It Bartending Services led us to an amazing bartender that definitely knows her stuff and made our lives so much easier for getting things prepared.
    I would recommend Van Dickson Ranch to anyone getting married because it is perfect for everyone!

Sent on 10/03/2018

Lisa · Married on 06/08/2018

Our daughters wedding at Van Dickson Ranch was absolutely beautiful. Carolyn Harris was a delight to work with during the planning process. She was prompt to respond to emails and offered many helpful suggestions along the way. The ceremony site is beautiful. The lush green grass is shaded by grand trees which make a natural archway. It was perfect. The reception was on the polo field under an open tent. It worked well and the scenery was picturesque. The staff was pleasant and extremely professional. The "Cowboys" were very helpful! And the food....it was AMAZING! Our guests said so! It was Texas BBQ (tri-tip and chicken) smoked right there at the reception site. All the sides ( salads, rolls, etc.) were delicious too. I am just so happy that we chose to have our wedding at Van Dickson Ranch, no other place would have been right. Thank you Carolyn and Paul! We also used Carolyn's recommendation for Coreen Van Orden as our bartender and she and her partner in crime did a fantastic job keeping 170 guests satisfied. We used our own DJ (Play It Again AZ) playitagainaz.com
    and photographer Veronica (Side of Inspiration) sideofinspiration.com.

Sent on 07/09/2018

Stephanie · Married on 05/05/2018

I live in Phoenix and was so worried about having a wedding 2 hours away. But it went as smoothly and perfectly as if it were next door. I can't say enough about Carolyn and her staff. It was truly the best day of my life. It's been 4 months since the wedding and it's still the 1st thing people mention when they see us. Thank you so much Carolyn! You'll forever be in my heart.

Sent on 09/18/2018

Georgia · Married on 05/04/2018

When we first saw Van Dickson Ranch, it was instant love at first sight. The property is beautiful, and Carolyn brought us into her home without hesitation. She was quick to answer our many questions, and she provided different vendors that she uses and trusts. We could not ask for more. I would and have recommended this venue to others that are looking for the perfect venue. Thank you Brian and Peaches

Sent on 03/23/2018

Greg · Married on 04/28/2018

I was part of my Step Sons Wedding @ Van Dixon Ranch. The location & settings was Perfect for his Wedding.

Sent on 05/10/2018

Phillina · Married on 04/28/2018

April wedding is always challenging. Will it rain? Will the wind blow you out of the county.. Well the wind was relentless while setting up the reception tables! So if you are going to be dealing with wind make sure the centerpieces and all decorations are weighted down or glued... The crew was able to pull the sun shades down in early afternoon that did help a lot. And as for a veil.. Well make it short HaHa it was quite comical during the ceremony at 4pm the wind gusts would just take the veil and make it dance. If you are going to be setting up flowers arrangements in the ceremony area keep in mind the wind gusts can knock over decorations in the grass keep them on the ground or anchored! With the bad out of the way!! The day was Everthing my daughter could have hoped for.
    I am an O.C.D mom.. So I had to see where everything was gong to go and how it would fit, where to set desert tables that would not be in the sun.. tables for the ceremony etc.. Carolyn was so gracious to let me come and walk the ground if i called ahead. They do have a ranch to run so i did not want to cause extra work on their part. Wedding Day.. We got there around 10am to start setting up. Carolyn and Paul were there to help if we needed something other than that we had the venue to our self to make it look just the way we wanted.. As evening came the breezes settled down and we had a wonderful evening with Great food! Our guests commented on how Good the food was "We like BBQ and this was finger licken good" no one went home hungry!! As for the staff "Cowboys" they were always there thru the meal and evening to help with what ever we needed. At the end when it was time to head out we had help with family getting everything taken down and into a tailor. Again the staff was there to help make sure we did not forget things.
    It was Perfect!
    Carolyn you made my daughter a Happy Bride!! And that made me Happy Mom!! Thanks

Sent on 06/20/2018

Laura · Married on 04/21/2018

We LOVE Van Dickson! Best choice we made when picking food and venue. It was perfect and a fairytale wedding!!!! Thank you Van Dickson for treating us like family and making the day perfect!!!!

Sent on 07/10/2018

Michael · Married on 09/17/2017

Carolyn and Paul were friends from the start who genuinely have a passion and desire to professionally support the vision we had for our wedding and they made it look easy. The love they have for each other is inspiring as newly weds and we believe they were the perfect hosts for your special day. The property is stunning with bright green grass, curvy oak trees, mountain ranges, horses, flowers and amazing sunlight for perfect wedding photo's. The staff which includes Carolyn and Paul pay attention to every detail and provided my beautiful wife the perfect space for putting her dress on as well as a private cart ride to the reception. The food is still being talked about by our guests and the spread is like being at your family's home for the holidays. Our overall experience was simply perfect in every way and we couldn't have imagined anything better. When you find the one you love and want to spend the rest of your life with, your wedding day should be one of the greatest memories of your lifetime and for my wife and I we were extremely lucky to have had our special day with our friends Carolyn and Paul at their beautiful home and ranch.

Sent on 12/12/2017

Kathy · Married on 10/08/2016

Our daughter's wedding at Van Dickson Ranch this past Saturday was absolutely remarkable. Carolyn and Paul, the owners, were outstanding. From the minute we arrived to set up Carolyn put us at ease. We were worried because rain was in the forecast but we were determined the ceremony was going to take place on their beautiful lawn rain or shine. An hour before the ceremony, the clouds broke and the sun shined bright. Carolyn was amazing in helping with the details, making sure everything was just the way we wanted it. Everything was above and beyond our expectations. The food was out of this world, all the guests raved about it. A few of our family members are vegetarians and they had plenty of delicious side dishes to fill them up. I can't say enough about our experience at Van Dickson Ranch. As my daughter said.... "Thank you, Van Dickson Ranch for making my dream wedding come true"

Sent on 10/11/2016

Kyle · Married on 09/17/2016

I literally could not have asked for a better wedding. The weather was perfect, the ceremony was beautiful, the cowboys were a big help, and the food was to die for. Any way you look is a perfect photo op. 100% happy with everything!

Sent on 09/20/2016

Katherine · Married on 09/17/2016

I recently had the pleasure of being hired as a month-of coordinator for a wedding at Van Dickson Ranch on 9.17.16. Carolyn and Paul were easy to work with, answered all email and phone calls in a timely fashion, and were very helpful given I wasn't able to see the space until the day of the rehearsal. On the day of, I arrived to see the tents, tables and chairs set up exactly per the layout we provided. The rest of the decorating was up to me - which I had expected! Paul, Carolyn, and the "Cowboys" made it a point to check on me multiple times throughout the day to ensure I had everything I needed, which was greatly appreciated. They even gave me several rides in the golf carts to different areas of the property when I was carrying tons of florals/decor - it was a huge help! And it was fun to see a polo match going on while setting up, something you certainly don't see every day.

Overall, we had a great experience at Van Dickson. PS - the food was amazing! Tip for future couples: order more than expected! People went back for seconds/extra helpings to the point we ran out of chicken! That's always a good sign:)

Sent on 09/26/2016

Cassy · Married on 09/10/2016

Oh my is Van Dickson Ranch the place to get married. First of all the owners are the most kind people I have ever met. They genuinely wanted us to be happy and have a special day which we did thanks to them. The venue is breathtaking and beautiful. I am absolutely blessed to have had my wedding at this venue!! Thanks Carolyn for everything!!

Sent on 09/19/2016

Janna · Married on 09/10/2016

My daughters wedding was at Van Dickson Ranch on September 10, 2016 and it was "Magical". The venue is simply stunning! The owners of the ranch Carolyn and Paul Harris are very kind, helpful and quick to respond to any questions and needs. They staff is very helpful and accommodated our every request. The food is outstanding! We had countless compliments on how great the food was and we had 170 guests served! The day after the wedding Carolyn sent us some pictures that she had taken of the ceremony and they were just beautiful! We have 2 more daughters to go and they are both saying Van Dickson Ranch is where we will get married!! Thank you Carolyn and Paul for such a wonderful experience! From Janna Proud Mother Of The Bride :)

Sent on 09/19/2016

Amber · Married on 08/20/2016

My husband & I had an amazingly fantastic wedding at the Van Dickson Ranch! Everything from planning to communication to set-up to ceremony & reception were all well-planned, easy and overall great experiences in dealing with Carolyn & Paul. The food was incredibly delicious and service was great. Staff was very friendly and helpful. I found Carolyn particularly pleasant and wonderful to work with as I was the wedding planner & the bride. She cleared up some confusion during the set-up of the reception tent & tables, & gladly helped whenever she was needed. It was a lovely, magical ceremony in the most beautiful grove of trees with thunder rumbling in the background as we said our vows & luckily just a few sprinkles here & there. Carolyn was nice enough to be watching some sensitive decorations of ours & brought them out of the moisture to prevent them from being damaged. During the reception, I popped a button on my wedding dress and Carolyn went & found a safety pin for me, thus saving the day! Carolyn went above & beyond my expectations by being so helpful and nice to work with.

I would recommend the Van Dickson Ranch as a wedding venue for anyone interested in an outdoor wedding. Many of our guests commented on how great the food was, and quite a few said it was the best wedding that they had ever been to! Looking back on my wedding, I remember it as the most wonderful fairytale of a night that I will probably ever have!

Sent on 10/15/2016

Alanna · Married on 08/06/2016

I just recent had my wedding in August of 2016 at Van Dickson Ranch and I cannot say enough good things about the experience.
    Having a wedding in August in Arizona is not an ideal situation and I really wanted to be outdoors and I could not have asked for a better setting. When everyone arrived they could not stop raving about how beautiful and green the setting was. Once you get past the fact that it is a little outside of town you will not be disappointed.
    I also enjoyed working with Carolyn and Paul. Carolyn as very attentive and was quick to respond to all my emails and made sure that I was getting exactly what I expected. They even made sure to have gluten free chips available with appetizers for the guests we had that are gluten intolerant. The food that they provide is amazing and anyone who still had more room food after the first round definitely went back for more! They were even kind enough to send a box home for me since I wasn't able to really enjoy it completely between the dress and all the chatting i was doing!
    I also want to point out how honest and friendly they are. My now husband was getting ready with his grooms in the bridal suite at the ranch and he forgot to get all of his things at the end of the night. Carolyn was so kind and the following morning she emailed me to inform me that things were left at the ranch and was wondering how she could get them back to me. Fortunately, we were still up north and we stopped by a got all of our belongings and I could not have asked for a better overall experience.

If you are looking for a beautiful setting in Northern Arizona for a wedding, you cannot get much better than this.

Sent on 09/22/2016

Kayla · Married on 06/11/2016

My daughter had her wedding at the Van Dickson Ranch this summer. She couldn't have had a more beautiful venue for this event. Carolyn and Paul made sure everything was perfect and they put on the finest dinner with the best food- and BBQ! Texas style and etiquette- that only a true Texas family can do!!! My daughter and son-in-law have wonderful memories and pictures from this beautiful venue. If you can't have your wedding in the beautiful hill country of Texas, you need to check this place out- it's a little piece of Texas right here in Az??

Sent on 09/24/2016

Mara · Married on 06/04/2016

I cannot say enough good things about Van Dickson Ranch! I was married there this June of 2016 and had such a wonderful experience. I had booked them in March of 2015 and had been in contact with Carolyn and Paul for over a year! Carolyn responded so quickly and was able to answer every question I had. She has so many reccomendations and resources for vendors, which was so helpful to me! Carolyn and Paul truly go out of their way to make sure everything goes smoothly. The day of the wedding they were both constantly checking on us to make sure everything was going smoothly. They were a joy to work with and I received so many compliments about their hospitality from wedding guests who interacted with them. Their staff is also fantastic and were very helpful and polite! My guests had nothing but great things to say about their experience, especially the scenery and food! The BBQ and all of the side dishes were absolutely delicious! Everything is so fresh and set up easily for guests. I loved my wedding at the Van Dickson Ranch and would highly reccomend them to any bride!

Sent on 09/21/2016