Utah Celebrations Catering Reviews

86 Reviews for Utah Celebrations Catering

1 User photo

Melissa · Married on 10/06/2012

3.0

In searching for a food vendor, I settled on Utah Celebrations because their prices were reasonable on a tight budget, they had a decent looking menu and they had pretty good reviews. The food was great! We had a lot of compliments. Also, the servers were awesome at clearing off the tables and keeping everything neat and stocked. They checked with me at the end of their service to make sure everything was okay before they left.
    I did have a few issues though. First of all, when looking at reviews, I got a little bit leery of their professionalism because when there is a negative review they get very defensive. I understand you have an image to upkeep and a business to run, but when you refuse to take responsibility for someone feeling wronged by your company, it makes me a little nervous. The company seemed to be going through a transition period and from what I understand, at the time of my wedding, they were short-staffed in the office. I was diligent in trying to contact them by both phone and email which was wise to be able to confirm all the details of my event. Finally, before my event, the servers were kind enough to box up some food for my husband and I to take home. I love that they did this because we were guaranteed to get at least a little bit of the food from our wedding. My issue comes from them putting it in the bride's room so I "wouldn't forget it". The food was all of the sort that needs refrigeration. They're just begging for someone to get food poisoning. Seriously, this is food handling 101. I'd rather forget the food than get food poisoning.
    For how smoothly the event went and how good the food is, I would definitely recommend Utah Celebrations. However, I would give such a recommendation with a few heads up.

Sent on 10/22/2012

Utah Celebrations Catering's reply:

Melissa, We are glad that everything with your event went so well. We have spoken with our servers about leaving the to-go box in the brides room, and have urged the importance about making sure it gets made fresh and hot right as the couple leaves. We apologize that this was not the case at your event, however we do take food safety very seriously, and feedback like this helps us out. Thanks

Marsha · Married on 06/19/2010

3.5

The food was great and it looked great at the wedding. I would recommend them.

Sent on 10/27/2010

3.4
      3.0

It is not even my wedding yet but it has been hard to contact Utah Celebrations Catering to finalize everything. Once we were finally able to contact them they confirmed that they were confirmed to be at my reception and everything was fine. I hope the night will turn out to be a big success in a few days, and that I will be able to continue to contact UCC if needed.

Sent on 08/20/2012

Utah Celebrations Catering's reply:

We thank this anonymous bride for her feedback, and in response we have hired another full time event coordinator. Generally our coordinators in the past have been involved in the production of events as well as helping on the phones and has thus prohibited them from giving full attention to phone calls on weekends, to better aid our guests as stated before we have added a new full time coordinator to our team, and you should find it very easy to get a hold of us. We are familiar with this certain situation and although we did not return her call over the weekend we did get back to her first thing Monday morning. Thanks for your understanding that there may be busy times, but generally we do get back to people as quick as possible.

Anneliese · Married on 07/23/2010

3.4
      3.0

I hear from my guests that the food was fantastic and they enjoyed seeing the cooks standing there making the crepes. As is common, my husband and I didn't get a chance to eat. I was disappointed that the catering service did not make a special box for the bride and groom as, I take it, many catering services do. It was also interesting that we had paid them to cut the cake so we wouldn't have to deal with it, but only a few pieces of cake were cut and then it was just left there. Barely any of my guests got any cake and several were left wondering if they were allowed to have any. Many ended up cutting it themselves.

Sent on 11/01/2010

Utah Celebrations Catering's reply:

Thanks for your feedback. We have made it customary for our wait staff to box up a hot meal for the bride and groom. Thanks for your feedback, it truly does help us improve our services.

3.2
      2.5

The food was delicious and at a great price point. We had a few issues that needed to be resolved after the event and it took a few rounds of emails, the reason for the lower grade on response and professionalism.

Sent on 09/27/2012

Liz · Married on 12/29/2011

3.2
      2.0

They were extremely professional at the venue during my event. Just not before while we were trying to contact them, and stuff. The food was delicious.

Sent on 01/25/2012
  • Laci

Laci Radcliffe · Married on 02/22/2019

3.0

They weren’t too knowledgeable in what they were doing, they didn’t know a whole lot about what they advertised.

Not the best experience. Will go somewhere else with more knowledge, and better pricing, and information.

Sent on 12/19/2018

Jen · Married on 10/02/2010

2.8
      2.0

I was disappointed overall in Utah Celebrations. They were reasonably priced, on time, and the food looked nice. I was disappointed, though, in the service that was provided. The servers sat behind our bartender eating fritos during most of the reception, they ran over and broke our lights (and then didn't offer to help fix them - although they did seem to feel bad about it), and overall did not present very professionally. Additionally, when they accidentally ended up with my mother's cake server they denied having it and when they found it they implied it was not nice enough to warrant us wanting it back. It wasn't as bad as it could have been, but I would not recommend them to my friends.

Sent on 11/23/2010

Utah Celebrations Catering's reply:

The wedding was in the mountains and the Bridal party had set up strands of Christmas lights boardering the narrow mountain road. Unfortunately the Driver misjudged the width of the Van being able to drive between them with out the lights being run over. We couldn't resolve this at the moment when the critical challenge at hand, was to hurry and get the Food set up for the wedding on time. The misunderstanding with the knife is unfortunate. I apoligized to the Bride, and hopefully now she has forgiven us for the misunderstanding. We weren't rude...We never said the knife wasn't nice enough. The mother told us that she didn't care about the cake server, that IT wasn't nice enough for her to worry about driving an hour to pick up. But that the knife was very important because it matched her formal silverware set. So the knife we were "looking out for" in our kitchen (in our minds) was a 18" "formal Serving cake knife". We misunderstood what size and function the knife was, because we usually bring the "serving" type for serving cake. So we asked all the employees and and looked through every drawer, but couldn't find one. Then the next time we used our place settings we found a dinner knife that didn't match ours. So I called up the Mother and told her we had found it. We then shipped it to her. I doubt our servers were eating Fritos for 2 hours. Our servers are allowed to take a minute when all guests are being taken care of to eat or drink something so they don't pass out. But they aren't supposed to be seen doing this, this is unacceptable. In the end we are please that the wedding went well and that the food was on time and tasted good, and hope Jen can forgive us. We Love all of our Brides and stive to make thier special day the best we can!

1.0
      1.0

I wanted to like Utah Celebrations catering because they do have amazing food and seemed so great in the beginning when I met with Steve he was so nice and easy to work with but it just continued to go downhill from there. I received a call to pay my balance from LeeAnn as it was getting close to the wedding, I called them back the next day left a message at the office, called again na, left message. I had to call them about 5 times with no call back, finally I called Steve on his cell phone to pay. As the wedding neared we increased our food order which was easy and not a problem with them but as I requested a copy of the receipt and special request we made to be emailed to me I never received it. I called Lee Ann again the next day and left a message to get a copy of the receipt emailed again and still have never received it, 2 weeks later.
    Now on the day of the wedding, the wedding is to start and no caterer. Getting a little worried, so we called Steve who said they had been there and had dropped off the cheese platter, which they hadnt. So I called him back 5 times in a row without him answering which he did return my call shortly after and said they were on their way.
    The only thing that saved them is that their servers were very good and kept the tables clean.
    Overall they seem great in the beginning and so nice, but they dont follow through and are impossible to get ahold of. I am disappointed in them, and would not recommend them unless they get their professionalism and responsiveness in order. In face our wedding venue has had such bad experinces with them, that they are not allowed at their venue next year.

Sent on 09/04/2012

Utah Celebrations Catering's reply:

As stated in the previous response as well, we have increased our team and have added another event coordinator. We apologize as our growth has been a challenge at times, but we are committed to make the appropriate improvements to satisfy our guests. We take all of our reviews serious, and do everything in our capacity to correct those. Please be patient though as sometimes we cannot respond immediately, if we have another person on the line. When this bride called us the day of worrying if we were there or not, the call was made prior to our 2 hour estimated time of arrival. They were to begin the event with a cheese display as a cocktail hour. During the initial phone call we informed her that the cheese display was already prepared and would be no issue for the servers to get the party started on time. I am not sure why, but I imagine in the stress of the moment they misunderstood, and thought that we said it was already delivered. After the phone conversation we received another phone call from a separate client who we were assisting. While assisting this other client they called us multiple times, which we did return those phone calls immediately after finishing up with another client, and clarified the misunderstanding. Our servers did show up shortly thereafter and the party was a success. We felt that the brides explanation did not fully portray our efforts and thus we felt the need to respond. Thank You

Brooke · Married on 08/11/2012

2.0

VERY disappointed with my experience with Utah Celebrations Catering. I had done my research and read good reviews about this company, but I did not receive the service that I was expecting.

First of all, they were difficult to get a hold of the weeks before my wedding. I tried to contact them to go over logistics of the venue and to confirm my menu. They did not answer my calls or email me back for days. Their response to this problem was, "Sometimes we have to ignore calls so we are not late to a wedding."

The biggest problem we had with them was that they made a mistake with our menu. We had the sliders and fries in which we chose pulled pork sliders as one of our options. They did not bring pulled pork... Instead they served a teriyaki burger which was never discussed with me. Their response was "This must have slipped through the cracks."

Our buffet table was never kept fully stocked. In fact it looked almost bare most of the time. It was embarrassing to have long lines and the servers just brought out a few sliders at a time. Their response to this was "It is hard to take an item that can't be prepared too far in advance and instantly have it ready for 125 guests, so that they can all eat at once." I understand this, but perhaps they should have suggested a different menu to me knowing that we had that many guests.

I voiced all of the problems and concerns we had with the owner and all I received back was an email that pretty much said, "Thank you for your feedback. Sorry for our shortcomings. It is something that we will try to work on."

It didn't seem to personally bother them that we had such a terrible experience.

I would never recommend this vendor to anyone. I was looking for an affordable caterer for my event and was reassured when I read good reviews on this company. But as the saying goes, "You get what you pay for."

Sent on 09/01/2012

kelly · Married on 07/25/2010

1.6
      0.0
      0.5
      0.0

Horrible.
    The food was not good, their servers were dressed in tacky clothes. The prices aren't bad, but you get what you pay for.
    Plus, stay away from that Lanni woman. she's a beast.

To their credit, they did answer my phone calls quickly.

Sent on 09/18/2010

Utah Celebrations Catering's reply:

I think this person has us confused with a different caterer. We have NEVER Catered on Sunday, which was 7-25-2010, and have never had a Bride named Kelly.