Is this your business? Claim this listing
• Customize your Storefront with your business info
• Network with and learn from other professionals
• Showcase your work with photos & videos
• Collect reviews from your clients and build more credibility

23 Reviews for US Naval Academy Chapel

23 US Naval Academy Chapel Reviews

This is the most beautiful chapel imaginable. The ladies who run it are on top of everything, so if you choose to get married here you are in great hands!! Thanks Claire!!!

Profile Picture chloe, 8/19/17, 8 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We were ecstatic with having our wedding at the Naval Academy. Claire is wonderful and very helpful and Monte is amazing on the organ! Everything went exactly as we had hoped it would. Renae (our cantor) has an amazingly beautiful voice and thus added an additional element of beauty and elegance. We had the reception at the Academy Club which was also wonderful. Maggie really knows her business and everyone does a great job of making you feel special! The food was fantastic and they are very flexible with accommodating special requests or changes in the fixed menus.

Profile Picture Caryn, 7/30/16, 6 Reviews
3.2

The chapel is a beautiful place to be married, but there is a lot of added work that comes with getting married here. I got married here and felt like a number. The USNA chapel wedding coordinator Claire seemed nice throughout the wedding process, but the day of the rehearsal, she was far from helpful. She rushed through all the details of the wedding day and caused many individuals within my wedding party to be completely confused about where they needed to go the morning of the wedding and never instructed my ushers how to usher until the WEDDING DAY!! That should of been done during the rehearsal. She even prevented my photographer from taking any pictures from the alter and forced him to take pictures from way back in the aisle. He couldn't even take pictures on the side or from above. She was very rude to my photographer and several of our groomsmen. As a result, I have many pictures from my ceremony that are too far away. Claire also did not properly handle the background check and gate pass for my photographer, therefore he was not able to drive onto the base. This caused a major setback for my photographer being able to take pictures of the groomsmen and groom gathering together. In other words, we have none because of her mistake. I sincerely liked Chaplain Cash, he is a very nice person and took the time to meet with my now husband and myself for marriage counseling. He had great advice and I was honored to have him marry us. If you are getting married here, stay on Claire and make sure she has all of your information. She is not organized. If you don't mind being a number and being very rushed throughout your wedding ceremony then you will have no problem getting married here. Claire does not allow you to take many posed pictures within the chapel, therefore reserve the superintendent garden for all of those type of pictures. You won't have time to do it anywhere in the chapel. The protestant rehearsal needs to be more informative and less rushed.

Profile Picture Amy, 7/18/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Amazing and everything was perfect. Our photos are fabulous and Claire is excellent to work with.

Profile Picture Jacky, 5/30/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Claire at the Naval Academy Chapel was the most WONDERFUL person to work with. Many brides forget that we are not paying Claire for her time and patience and she was incredibly gracious in finding us a date for our wedding given his hectic and unpredictable military schedule. She was responsive and communicated all expectations immediately. Getting married at such a historic venue with wonderful traditions was a great honor. Claire has been doing weddings for over ten years at the chapel and she was able to help answer all of my questions - after all this was my first time getting married! She had great suggestions for my ceremony including having a little box for our ring bearer - it's a long aisle to walk down! The ceremony was soooo enjoyable for our guests and it was the part of our day where I really felt like everything was taken care of. The wonderful hostesses held my hand as I was a little shaky prior to the ceremony and fixed my train before I walked down the aisle with my dad. They wrangled our swordbearers and made sure the boys (I mean men) were well behaved. We felt so lucky to get married here!!!

Profile Picture User4890158, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Claire was phenomenal! Couldn't have been more perfect.

Profile Picture User5369502, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Absolutely beautiful. Claire is wonderful as well.

Profile Picture User5369494, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
3.7

We got married and the beautiful Naval Academy chapel. The coordinator, Claire, is so nice and really easy to work with. The average reviews were from the service of the chaplain. He was by far the hardest person to work with during our wedding and we were not happy that he didn't show up to the rehearsal. The chapel was beautiful and we received many compliments. We hired Monte as the organist and he was AMAZING! I would recommend the chapel.

Profile Picture User3381558, 2+ years ago, 8 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I worked with Claire for quite some time! I emailed her about 6 months before I could even request the chapel. Our heart was set on the chapel and she was so wonderful and put us at ease. She let us turn our paperwork in early to put on file and let me know that we had been approved even earlier than expected! After that, she helped me through all of the paperwork - which was challenging for a non-catholic to understand at times. She was so patient and kind. We are so thankful for everything that she did. Our ceremony at the chapel was so wonderful and I owe that all to her. She is more behind-the-scenes, but she deserves all the recognition. I hope everyone appreciates how much she does for them.

Profile Picture User3454148, 2+ years ago, 6 Reviews
4.7

Claire was one of the most responsive and professional vendors that my fiance and I worked with for our wedding! She was extremely helpful at every step in the planning process, from assisting us with vendors to explaining the Chapel standards to our out-of-town pastor and bridal party. Also, the Chapel in itself is arguably one of the most beautiful churches in the mid-Atlantic. Just Googling it will provide you with dozens of pictures attesting to that fact.

Profile Picture Arielle, 8/17/13, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I were lucky that we could get married at the Naval Academy. It's a beautiful chapel and a free service provided by the Naval Academy. Our priest was Father Kersten and he was great at answering questions over email and responsive. He also prepared us and our wedding party very well at our rehearsal the day before the wedding.

I really need to thank Claire MacCallum though. She is the wedding coordinator at the Naval Academy and she makes planning a wedding at the Chapel so easy even from another state. Claire patiently answered all my questions via email and phone and was super organized which I greatly appreciated. There are literally hundreds of weddings that take place at the Naval Chapel and I know Claire takes the same care in dealing with each and every couple. I'm sure she's answered the same questions over and over again but you would never know by her kind correspondence. My husband and I were truly blessed to have Claire help with our wedding.

Profile Picture Yea-Wen, 1/12/13, 6 Reviews
4.2

The Naval Academy Chapel is beautiful and costs nothing to use, but you can only get married there if you or your spouse is an alum or is stationed there. The wedding coordinator, Claire MacCallum, is very responsive and wonderful to work with. You can only use the chapel for an hour time block and there are many rules to follow, but all the staff works with you to make sure everything runs smoothly.

Profile Picture Tracy, 4/21/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had our ceremony at the Academy Chapel. We worked with Claire and she was wonderful. It was amazing! The Chapel is beautiful and needs nothing added (which is good, because you can't bring your own decorations, just flowers which you carry). I would definitely recommend this location!

Profile Picture User1512061, 2+ years ago, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Chapel's wedding coordinator, Claire, is such a pleasure to work with. She keeps everything so organized and makes sure that your ceremony runs as smoothly as possible. She was very responsive throughout the entire wedding planning process. So thankful for her help!!

Profile Picture Megan, 6/11/11, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The USNA Chapel is a picture-perfect venue to get married in. If you meet the qualifications and are lucky enough to be approved for the venue, it is a magnificant backdrop for a fairy tale ceremony. Working with the Chapel Coordinator, Claire Maccallum, was a dream. She was very responsive, thorough, and professional in all communications. While the ceremony is pretty standard, the Chaplain allowed for very small personal touches which enhanced the meaning of our ceremony. While this is not the ideal location for someone who wants full control of the ceremony and contents, it is the perfect location for a meaningful military wedding.

Profile Picture Molly, 5/1/10, 10 Reviews
4.2

SUPER beautiful!!! very specific on requirements and rules and regulations, but worth the hassel.

Profile Picture MORGAN, 5/30/09, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Our wedding at the Naval Academy Chapel was a dream come true. We were married the day after commissioning so that's why I'm giving them only 3 stars for flexibility. If we were married any other day, we'd have had a lot more time in the Chapel itself. Claire who coordinates weddings at the Chapel did an amazing job. She was so kind and helpful. She took care of everything and we didn't have to worry about a thing except for showing up. And the value for cost? It was free! However, we paid Monty Maxwell to play the organ for us. (He was amazing!) The Chapel is gorgeous!

Profile Picture Jamie , 5/23/09, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, Officiant

The USNA Chapel is one of the most beautiful wedding sites in the United States. As it is a military chapel, there are rules and regulations that must of followed. You cannot apply for your wedding date until 1 year prior to the requested date. You are not guaranteed the time that you want. The ceremony is limited to 20 minutes. There are some restrictions on photographers and videographers. However, if you are able to work within their restrictions, you will be rewarded with an awe-inspiring location for your wedding. Claire, the chapel coordinator, is fantastic to work with. Regarding the photographers limitations: any true professional photographer can work within their restrictions. This is a fantastic venue.

Profile Picture Sarah, 4/18/09, 5 Reviews
4.1

The USNA Chapel is a gorgeous venue. However, the regulations make it a very difficult venue to utilize. The staff is wonderful, however, and they are incredibly efficient as weddings are scheduled back to back in the facility.

Profile Picture Amy, 1/5/08, 7 Reviews
4.7

The Naval Academy Chapel was ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL!!!!! I couldn't have hoped for a more beautiful wedding!! The Naval Academy grounds were gorgeous and perfect for photos! If you can handle the scheduling restraints by booking far enough in advance or being flexible with your date, then I wouldn't choose any other place to have my wedding. They have some strict rules and not a whole lot of flexibility with some things, but for me, it was no problem whatsoever. I'd get married there over and over again if I could. :)

Profile Picture Lisa, 3/31/07, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

WONDERFUL! Try to work with Claire MacCallum instead of the other wedding coordinator.

Profile Picture Pol, 2/10/07, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The staff at the USNA Chapel is top-notch, the service they provide is flawless, and the setting is spectacular. Flexibility is the only caveat -- if you have your wedding here there are may rules you and your guests must pay adhere to and you will be sharing the day with many other brides. Taking a limo (for the bride) to the chapel is almost required so that your entering guests will not see you before the ceremony, because there will probably be a wedding going on before yours and therefore nowhere to "hide." Otherwise, this is an absolutely specacular place to be married!

Profile Picture Shelley, 7/8/06, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I loved having our ceremony at the chapel! It is very picturesque and everything turned out wonderfully. If you want to have more choices in your cermeony or a lengthy ceremony than the chapel would not be for you. I enjoyed that everything was planned and there were very few choices- it made things easier on me. The wedding coordinators there are very experienced- listen to them and they will point you in the right direction!

Profile Picture Rachel, 6/10/06, 7 Reviews