Upstate Event Services Reviews

View more information

4.7

• Diana
    Diana G. Married on 07/09/2021

Perfect For Our Micro Wedding!

Upstate Event Services was perfect in every way. The staff was so welcoming and excited with me to plan my wedding. We had a small wedding, so we were looking for something affordable but good quality and we found it here! They even outsourced a few items that they didn’t have in order to fulfill my order. If you were located in Greenville and are planning a wedding, I would absolutely recommend them!
  • Ruth
    Ruth V. Married on 11/01/2020

Upstate Event Services for a Wedding

Amanda was super helpful during our wedding planning - she helped estimate the number of items we would need and was able to adjust at the last minute. Their prices were lower than others I got quotes from. I would highly recommend their services!
    Valerie G. Married on 01/04/2020

Upstate Event Services- Wedding

I would highly recommend Upstate Event Services . David and his team are wonderful to work with!
  • Barbara
    Barbara J. Married on 12/28/2019

Great people to work with!

They were all very helpful and went out of their way to help accommodate our linen needs for my daughter's wedding. Definitely give them a call. They were friendly and a delight to work with.
  • Kayla
    Kayla O. Married on 09/28/2019

Highly recommend

We used upstate event services for an officiant and a bartender. Both were awesome. The officiant was so helpful through the process and made the ceremony amazing. The bartender was also super helpful and answers any of my questions I threw at her. But most importantly she kept the drinks coming.
  • Christie
    Christie Married on 04/26/2019

Best Rental Company!

The Upstate Event Services team was incredible to work while planning our wedding. They were so helpful from day one providing us promptly with quotes on our requested rental items. They answered all of our questions and helped us pick out exactly what we needed. We made several changes throughout the planning process and they were always eager to help and adjust our order. On the day of, they went above and beyond while delivering and setting out the rented tables and chairs. All the rented items were great quality and looked fabulous. They have been so easy to work with and we couldn't have found a more professional and friendly rental company to help make our wedding more than we could have dreamed! Thank you to David and the whole team at UES!
    Kacey Married on 09/01/2018
    We used Upstate Event Services for bartending services and tent rentals. They were so easy to work with! They were always quick to respond and answers all of my questions. They truly helped the day run smoothly! I would highly recommend their services!
  • Raven
    Raven Married on 08/05/2017
    Great vendor! Has everything you need and very decent on pricing!
    Kelly Married on 02/27/2016
    I have been using Upstate Wedding and Event Services for five years for all of my event needs (wedding showers, community events, work parties). They are consistently competitively priced, super friendly, constantly working around my schedule and the chaos that ensues when planning a large event, and they go out of their way to be friendly and go the extra mile. I wouldn't dream of using anyone else in the area.
    Taylor Married on 11/01/2014
    Great!! They worked with me so much. I would add something or delete something off my list I needed, and they would respond immediately!
    Heather Married on 04/26/2014
    I rented chairs from Upstate Event Services. They were very responsive and David worked wonders in helping us fit more guests in our reception venue. He went above and beyond, and was very friendly and professional.
  • User1243829 2+ years ago
    David, Patty and Upstate staff...thank you all so much for all that you did to make our wedding reception beautiful. Our linens were beautiful and truly added so much to our reception. Thank you for always being available to meet with me when I could not make up my mind or when I changed my mind!! You all are great and my number 1 recommendation!! Thanks again :)
    Tiffany Married on 06/22/2013
    Upstate Wedding and Event Services was great. When I needed to change things on my order they took care of it, and they weren't pushy like some rental vendors can be at times. Everything showed up on time, and was picked up on time. They were very very professional. If you want stress free rental equipment, go with Upstate Wedding and Event Services.
    Rhonda Married on 12/15/2012
    We recently rented a dance floor for my daughter's wedding from Upstate Wedding and Event Services. They were extremely easy to deal with and because of their outstanding service I have acquired them for some of our rental needs at my office.
    Shea Married on 05/26/2012
    Patti and David were great to work with! Looking foward to booking another event with them!
    Katherine Married on 05/14/2011
    David and Patty were great to work with. I came into their establishment having no clue of what I was needing, and they walked me through the whole process and got me set up with tables, linens, chairs, decor, and much more. They had great pricing and made preparing for my wedding fun and easy!
    Angela Married on 11/20/2010
    Patti & David were great and I'm glad to call them my new found friends. Awesome work on decor and worked very deligently with me on all my details.
    Christy Married on 12/28/2007
    Wonderful photographer! The pictures came out gorgeous. Very flexible person. I HIGHLY recommend!!!
    Megan Married on 09/13/2014
    We had a wonderful experience with Upstate Event Services. They are conveniently located just across the street from our venue (Artisan Traders, 1274 Pendleton St.) and were a joy to work with, from the initial planning stages up to the final delivery. My husband and I met with Amanda months before the wedding, and she helped us figure out the number of tables, chairs, linens, etc. we needed, without trying to sell us on additional items we didn't need (a rare find in the wedding industry!). Upstate Event Services was a great value, and their staff was always willing to answer any questions and help us in any way they could. We definitely recommend them!
  • User922533 2+ years ago
    The chairs were set up exactly where we wanted them and on time. Had no issues at all.
  • User2934602 2+ years ago
    We used there services for chairs and were very pleased with the quality. They weren't the most flexible with returning the chairs but the price was good.
    Marvin Married on 09/06/2015
    Upstate Event Services was by far the BIGGEST DISAPPOINTMENT of our wedding day. We contracted Upstate Event Services to handle the backdrop for the ceremony. We met with David a month and a half before our wedding at the venue to go over what we wanted for our backdrop. At the meeting, he agreed that it could be done on our wedding day. He was very specific down to how many sections, how many feet across and high these sections would be, and accents for lighting and tie backs we would use for the multiple layered backdrop. He quoted us a price of $240 after we agreed upon the specifics which included, pipe, draps, tiebacks, and lighting fixtures. After the meeting, we stopped by his office to pick out the color of our accent tie backs and also picked out a "wishing well" rental for our wedding cards. The day before our wedding, we get a call from his office asking for payment of the $300 rental fee. I informed the office that we had agreed on $240 for the backdrop but with the rental of the well, it should only be $265. I was told there was an up-charge for Sunday labor. With it being the DAY BEFORE the wedding, we went ahead and paid the fee requested because we had a ton of other things going on figured, whats $35 more. When we arrived the day of the wedding to the ceremony, they had set up pipe framework and a single layer drape. Missing were the second layer of drapes that were to be tied back with the accent tie we picked out as well as the accent lighting behind the drapes that he specifically quoted us per fixture at the meeting. DISAPPOINTED! After the wedding, I told David we were overcharged and they didn't deliver what was agreed upon. He didn't take any ownership to the mistake and said we got what we contracted and signed for. No contract was signed and he blamed it on us for nothing following up closer to the date to confirm. OVERCHARGED AND UNDERWHELMED with no attempt to make things right. TERRIBLE PROFESSIONALISM.