38 Reviews for Upstairs Downstairs Catering

Thai (1)
Organic (1)
Champagne Toast (1)
38 Upstairs Downstairs Catering Reviews

Kayla was amazing to work with answering all my questions and helping my dream wedding come to life! The food was hot, served on time and absolutely delicious! The staff was very professional! Kayla was just a joy to work with and offered wonderful suggestions for a perfect meal! We got so many compliments from our guests! Great food and service!!

Profile Picture Julie, 8/31/18, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering

Delicious food and they were so accommodating and easy to work with! We have received so many compliments about how great the food was at our wedding

Profile Picture Kelly, 8/10/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering

Dan is the best. He went above and beyond time and again to make sure my wife and I had everything we wanted. We were blown away by how friendly, professional, and accommodating he is. He answered all of our (many) questions, and his response to any request we had was that he and his team could do it, whether it was a slight tweak to a dish or a specific service request during dinner. He also knew exactly what questions to ask to make sure we had everything we needed and to anticipate any issues that may arise (and make sure they didn’t). Also the food was great (especially the mini cupcakes). Though I hope to never plan another wedding, I would absolutely hire Dan and Upstairs Downstairs again if I did.

Profile Picture Julie, 6/23/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

Upstairs Downstairs was great! We got so many wedding guests that told us it was the best wedding food they had ever had and we would have to agree. My husband works as a chef and a caterer and he was very pleased as well. We had a couple of people with food allergies and they were more than happy to accommodate those and made wonderful meals for those that needed something special.

Profile Picture Anne, 5/27/18, 6 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Family Style, Hors d'oeuvres, Tastings, Gluten Free, Lactose Free, Set Up, Bartender(s), Open Bar, Signature Drink

We chose Upstairs Downstairs Catering based on the reviews we read and the delicious food served at our tasting! We could not be happier with our choice! Rick was so flexible and easy to work with. He went above and beyond by visiting our venue as he had not catered there before! Phil and the staff were wonderful the day of the wedding. Phil kept us informed the entire evening, and the staff was extremely friendly and polite! And the food was awesome! From the appetizers, to dinner, the dessert bar and our late night snack of nachos....everything was delicious! Thanks so much for everything!

Profile Picture Anne, 10/13/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering

We worked closely with Rhonda to create a delicious, causal menu that reflected the fun and friendly vibe we wanted for our barn wedding. We had a delicious Wisconsin inspired menu including fried cheese curds and mac n cheese bites (both fried fresh on site!), beef and chicken kebabs (grilled on site!), and butter burgers and mini brats. YUM! We opted to have passed appetizers - at no additional charge - which was a huge help in making sure our guests stayed satisfied. The bartenders were fun and even remembered some of the guests names and what they liked to drink! Overall, Upstairs Downstairs made our day delicious and easy. I would absolutely recommend them to someone having a casual rustic barn wedding!

Profile Picture Jen, 9/16/17, 8 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Vegetarian, American, Local, Set Up, Bartender(s), Outside Alcohol, Signature Drink, Buffet, Dessert, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Stations, Tastings

Rick and Upstairs Downstairs were a great company to work with! They are very reasonably priced for the great quality of food they offer. They were usually on top of things and would typically respond to my emails within a day or two. We wanted dinner to feel like it was a home-cooked meal which is why we chose to have it served family-style. We got a lot of compliments on the entrees and sides we chose as well as the delicious appetizers. We also were able to take home the leftover food from dinner which was great. Unfortunately, one of the main things that drew us to this company, the Ice Cream Sundae Bar, didn’t quite work out as planned which is the only reason I can’t give it a perfect rating. The ice cream didn’t stay frozen and many people, myself included, ended up eating soupy sundaes. A couple of the requested toppings also seemed to be missing. Other than the melted ice cream, Upstairs Downstairs was a fantastic company to work with! We highly recommend them if you want a great dinner without the stuffiness of a typical wedding meal.

Profile Picture Maren, 9/9/17, 9 Reviews
Category: Catering

Dan and the servers at Upstairs Downstairs Catering were amazing for our June 10th wedding. My dad wasn’t sold on catering the wedding until the tasting with Upstairs Downstairs. Dan was very good at communicating and giving us a very good idea of what to expect and what we needed to know. He was also very professional and centered. They were great with last-minute changes when the wind was gusting at 60 mph on our day and we couldn’t go with our original set-up. They were true professionals that know what they are doing and we never had to worry the whole night. Everyone raved over the food and it was as good as the tasting! We could not be happier with how the night went, they were the easiest choice of the whole planning process. We will hire them again for another event in a heart-beat.

Profile Picture Alison, 6/10/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: American, Vegan, Vegetarian, Set Up, Buffet, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Stations, Tastings

Upstairs Downstairs was AMAZING. My husband and I can't thank Rick enough for everything he did to make our wedding evening perfect! We had a very small, catered dinner of about 12 people at our venue and the food was amazing. Our families loved the food and we had plenty of it! My brother in law even said it was the best food at a wedding he's ever had. Besides the food, the linens, set up, and Rick's courtesy and professionalism were top notch. He responded to emails promptly too. Overall, 5+ star rating!!!

Profile Picture Andrea, 12/3/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering

This team did an exceptional job with the buffet-style meal at our wedding. On time, professional, and thoughtful - not to mention the truly delicious food. My only lament is that my cake toppers got lost somewhere in the shuffle :( Things happen - would still highly recommend to anyone who wants to serve & enjoy wonderful meal on their wedding day!

Profile Picture Emily, 12/2/16, 10 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Vegetarian, Set Up, Buffet, Cake Cutting, Dessert, Tastings, American

We loved working with Rick and Dan from Upstairs Downstairs! They were friendly and informative and allowed us to ask the millions of questions we had without making us feel like we were a bother. The food was AMAZING and the staff we had for our wedding day was awesome. They were personable and professional and excelled in keeping guests fed. We got tons of compliments on our food and the staff. We had concerns about the integrity of the food, being that our venue was about an hour away with no on-site kitchen but they ended up being unfounded. Everything was hot, fully cooked, and delicious! The only issue we had was with an appetizer we chose. At the tasting it had a very creamy cheese spread filling and day of, the filling was ricotta. It definitely changed the consistency and taste of the app and that was a bit disappointing. However, it was just a small blemish in what was otherwise delectable food. We wouldn't hesitate to recommend Upstairs Downstairs for any event!

Profile Picture Mel, 11/5/16, 10 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: American, Gluten Free, Vegan, Vegetarian, Set Up, Buffet, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Tastings

Best decision! Dan was awesome to work with. Very responsive and flexible. Food was excellent!!!

Profile Picture Cortney, 10/21/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering

We recently had Upstairs Downstairs cater our wedding - and it was fantastic!

Rick kept in touch with us throughout the process, from our tasting session through our wedding day itself. He was even present day-of, ensuring that our day went just right. We loved everything, from the hors d'oeuvres (Wisconsin Brat Bites, mmm!) to salads to the dinner itself. Everything was hot and prepared just the way we expected it.

Rick and the folks at Upstairs Downstairs did a marvelous job - we can't recommend them enough! Thanks!

Profile Picture Rebekkah, 10/8/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Family Style, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Tastings, American, Gluten Free, Nut Free, Vegan, Vegetarian, Set Up

Choosing Upstairs Downstairs Catering for our wedding day was one of the easiest and best choices ever. Easy, because Dan is amazing and we could tell right away he had all the right solutions. We got married in a barn and when we met Dan for the tasting, he had so many great suggestions for what the day would look like and the role Upstairs Downstairs would play. He had suggestions for things I hadn't even thought of, and my family, husband and I immediately felt 100% confident in Dan. With all the stress and crazy-ness in planning a wedding, Dan made my life simple. He had the answer to any roadblock that came up, he had a solution to every question. (No matter how goofy, because I actually had no idea what I was doing planning a wedding.) Beyond Dan's excellent organization, thoroughness, kindness and amazing-ness, the food was AMAZING! All of the guests kept telling us how good the food was. If I got married 100 times more (hopefully that isn't the case) I would choose Upstairs Downstairs every time.

Profile Picture Callie, 9/24/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Buffet, Dessert, Hors d'oeuvres, American, Local, Bartender(s), Open Bar, Set Up

What a wonderful experience! From the first email interaction, to the day of our wedding! Dan and his team totally take care of everything for you and make sure that you can rest easy on your wedding day. Staff was on time, friendly and totally accommodating. The food was delicious, guests are still complimenting us on the menu! We had a semi-out of the box vision for our food and Dan executed it and contributed some ideas that we hadn't even thought of! I cannot recommend Upstairs Downstairs enough!

Profile Picture Bridget, 9/24/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering

These guys were the best, 5 stars in every way. We had a small wedding at our home, and they still treated it like a big important event -- super accommodating, went above & beyond to offer great options, straightforward and really easy to deal with. Affordable, flexible, we were happy to find a caterer who could do kids meal and serve everything family style. Food was wonderful, service staff at the event were great: chill, eager to help, friendly but very much in the background. Cannot say enough good things about this company!

Profile Picture User7092204, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Dan and his team were unbelievable. They were friendly and accommodating, and their food was absolutely fantastic. Set up a tasting with them and you'll be very happy that you did!

Profile Picture Matt, 8/26/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Party Supplies

Wonderful service and Excellent food. The entire staff was so nice. They didn't even mind when we ended up having to push dinner back 10 minutes because pictures were going to take longer the planned.

Profile Picture megan, 7/23/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering
Services Used: Set Up, Cake Cutting, Family Style, Plated, Server(s), Stations, Tastings, Vegetarian, American

I would highly highly recommend these guys for your event. They were absolutely spectacular. So many things come included just in their service and they're so affordable. I was so stressed a few weeks before the wedding and they really helped reassure they would take care not only of the catering but other aspects of the wedding as well. I can't say enough. Our best friends are using them now too!

Profile Picture Chelsea, 7/23/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

Dan and the team at Upstairs Downstairs were fantastic - from the tastings (we had many and he was always happy to have us back to try more) through the coordination and meal, right up to the last drink poured. We had them cater our July wedding out an outdoor venue in Mount Horeb and it was a perfect night. 10/10 would recommend - the value of what we got for the price was unbeatable, and we looked into many different caterers in the Madison area. Dan was a nicest guy to work with, friendly, honest, and reliable.

Profile Picture Peter, 7/2/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Stations, Tastings, American, Set Up, Gluten Free, Vegetarian, Bartender(s), Open Bar, Outside Alcohol, Signature Drink

We had an absolutely phenomenal experience with Upstairs Downstairs Catering company from the moment we first contacted them to the wedding itself. Dan Brown was our contact there, and made our full experience easy & exceptional. He was easy to contact, and consistently quick to respond to emails or phone calls. He was always friendly and extremely helpful. He made sure to review all of the details with us from the beginning of our planning, and repeatedly right up until the time of our wedding - to make sure everything was perfect and just how we wanted it. We chose to grill on site, and our guests all RAVED about the food. It was really delicious! Their prices are so reasonable, and the service they provided (from organizing and planning to the service provided on the day of the wedding) was exceptional! We could not have asked for a more perfect catering experience. They really helped make our wedding the most enjoyable and fun experience!

Profile Picture Gayle, 6/11/16, 3 Reviews
Services Used: American, Buffet, Hors d'oeuvres

Upstairs Downstairs Catering was amazing to work with. The food was delicious, the service was perfect! Everyone was so nice and easy to work with. Our guests absolutely loved the food! No complaints, all compliments!!

Profile Picture Kayla, 6/11/16, 3 Reviews
Services Used: American, Set Up

We were very pleased with Upstairs Downstairs catering. First thing the food was amazing! Everyone at the wedding was talking about how good the food was. There was plenty of food to go around. The staff was very professional and friendly. Dan was great to work with! He replied fast to emails, was available to meet, and was very helpful! I can't say enough good things about Upstairs Downstairs. Next time we need something catered we definitely will use them again!!!

Chris Haug

Profile Picture Chris, 6/4/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Cake Cutting, Family Style, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Tastings, Set Up

Upstairs Downstairs was fantastic. Great initial meeting, great tasting, and fabulous wedding. The staff was all super helpful and nice during the wedding and the food was great!

Profile Picture Kate, 5/28/16, 7 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Buffet, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Tastings, American, Thai, Gluten Free, Lactose Free, Vegetarian, Set Up

Going into our big day we didn't care very much about food and cared more about the day in general...that is until we met with Dan at Upstairs Downstairs Catering. He was accommodating with everything we threw at him and was really easy to deal with. The staff on site the day of our event was fantastic as well. They are one of the best priced places we looked at but you would have never guessed based on the food they served us for our wedding. We had a duet plate with the Filet of Tenderloin and the Bacon and Gorgonzola stuffed chicken. The week before we decided we wanted cannoli cupcakes and when my wife went to do a tasting he has 6 different combinations waiting for her. We had 200 people at our wedding and everyone I talked to raved about the food. I work in the food and beverage world and manage banquets and I would highly recommend them to anyone for any kind of event.

Profile Picture Lauren, 5/28/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: American, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Set Up, Gluten Free, Nut Free, Vegetarian, Champagne Toast