Upstairs Downstairs Catering Reviews

48 Reviews for Upstairs Downstairs Catering

1 User photo

Upstairs Downstairs Catering 1

Brian Falbo · Married on 08/24/2019

Delicious Food, Nice People, Helpful Advice!!!

People remember three things from your wedding: Music, Drinks, and Food. Upstairs Downstairs did an absolutely amazing job on that last one for my wife and I. Their service was excellent and the food was top notch and consistent (I didn't hear a single complains from any of our 157 guests). The entire process, from first meeting, through tastings, detail meetings, our endless questions and tweaks, all the way through our big day was fantastic. Kayla put us at ease, and had plenty of very useful advice and experience to share. I STRONGLY recommend working with these folks. We do not regret it one bit.

Sent on 09/27/2019

Mary Kay Rodriguez · Married on 07/26/2019

Upstairs Downstairs is the best!

Upstairs Downstairs catered my daughter’s wedding and the food, service and thoughtfulness were beyond expectations. I was the wedding planner and appreciated Kayla’s assistance. Phil the lead server was the best. Would not change a thing. Friends and relatives loved the dinner and our vegan guests said their dinner was delicious.

Sent on 09/15/2019
  • Amanda

Amanda Kaiser · Married on 07/06/2019

Great Service, Excellent Meal

Upstairs Downstairs Catering catered my wedding this past month. I worked with Kayla throughout the process. She was very helpful and great to work with. She provided great recommendations based on what we were looking for. The service the day of could not have been better! Food came out fast and the servers where quick to clear. Food was excellent! The butternut squash ravioli had so much flavor and the steak was perfectly cooked. We went with family style so it was nice to be able to have some of all the dishes. I received so many comments on how great the service and food was. I highly recommend Upstairs Downstairs Catering.

Sent on 07/22/2019

Allison · Married on 06/29/2019

Amazing Food and Staff

The most amazing tasting food. All came out nice and warm. The staff are extremely friendly and make sure to take good care of you! They are very open to whatever you want-I wanted family style and they made it happen. I highly recommend for a wedding!

Sent on 07/02/2019

Mikka · Married on 02/16/2019

Absolutely fantastic!

Upstairs Downstairs Catering was absolutely amazing at our wedding! The food and service was incredible - our guests weren't disappointed. Kayla was amazing and worked with us every step of the way. The guests meals were fantastic as well as our late night snacks - all of our guests enjoyed everything! We knew we wouldn't be able to enjoy the amazing cupcakes they made, so they created a to go box for us before we left.
    We highly recommend Upstairs Downstairs for your special day!

Sent on 02/21/2019

Kelsey · Married on 12/08/2018

Great food, friendly staff

The manager, Dan, was very easy and fun to work with while we planned our wedding. Staff at the wedding were friendly and helpful!

Sent on 01/10/2019

John · Married on 10/19/2018

Recommendation without hesitation! Top Notch experience

I can't possibly say enough about our experience with Upstairs Downstairs. The first meeting with Kayla really set the tone of their attentiveness and willingness to make our wedding day truly special! From allowing a favorite recipe of ours to be used to her 'bending over backwards.'
    Food was phenomenal and service was unbelievable!
    Choose Kayla and her team without thinking twice!

Sent on 10/31/2018

Laura Jacob · Married on 10/12/2018

Beyond Expectations!

Upstairs Downstairs Catering was fabulous for our wedding! Amazing food, Amazing Service and Staff. Dan worked with us every step of the way, answered any and every question we had, and allowed us to tweak the menu until it was perfect for us. The staff went above and beyond expectations;professional and personal service. One of the gals even boxed up "to go" meals for us to bring on our honeymoon. Cant recommend them enough! Thank you guys for helping to make our special day the best!!

Sent on 10/31/2018

Brittney · Married on 10/06/2018

The Best Decision We Made for Our Wedding

We used Upstairs Downstairs for our wedding reception of 130 people. Our first meeting with Kayla was so impressive and she was easy to work with - very responsive and friendly. We wanted to do something a little bit different - a Pizza buffet. She worked with us on some more unique pizza ideas (mac and cheese pizza - so yummy!!). The overall price was also very affordable. We also hired a few bartenders from UpDown. On our wedding day, everything was incredible - the service, the food, the set up and take down, I didn't worry about a single thing. Our guests were so complimentary of the staff and of the food. Hiring UpDown was one of the best decisions we made during our wedding planning process! I hope to be able to plan another event and hire them in the future.

Sent on 10/16/2018

Julie · Married on 08/31/2018

Kayla was amazing to work with answering all my questions and helping my dream wedding come to life! The food was hot, served on time and absolutely delicious! The staff was very professional! Kayla was just a joy to work with and offered wonderful suggestions for a perfect meal! We got so many compliments from our guests! Great food and service!!

Sent on 09/15/2018

Upstairs Downstairs Catering's reply:

Thank you so much for your review Julie! I will be sure to share it with the rest of our team. It was truly a pleasure to work with you and we hope to serve you again in the future if ever needed.

Sincerely,
    Kayla Retzlaff, Dan Brown & the Upstairs Downstairs Catering Team

Kelly · Married on 08/10/2018

Delicious food and they were so accommodating and easy to work with! We have received so many compliments about how great the food was at our wedding

Sent on 08/13/2018

Hi Kelly,
    Congratulations again and thank you so much for your review! We will be sure to share your kind words with our team. We were thrilled to be a part of your big day! Good luck to you and please let us know if we can serve you again in the future.

Sincerely,
    Dan Brown, Kayla Retzlaff & The Upstairs Downstairs Team

Julie · Married on 06/23/2018

Dan is the best. He went above and beyond time and again to make sure my wife and I had everything we wanted. We were blown away by how friendly, professional, and accommodating he is. He answered all of our (many) questions, and his response to any request we had was that he and his team could do it, whether it was a slight tweak to a dish or a specific service request during dinner. He also knew exactly what questions to ask to make sure we had everything we needed and to anticipate any issues that may arise (and make sure they didn’t). Also the food was great (especially the mini cupcakes). Though I hope to never plan another wedding, I would absolutely hire Dan and Upstairs Downstairs again if I did.

Sent on 08/19/2018

Hi Julie,
    Thank you so much for your review! We really appreciate it! It was great working with you.
    Keep in mind we do more then just weddings so if your ever in need of any catering think of us. I will share your kind words with the rest of our team.

Thanks again!
    Dan Brown, Kayla Retzlaff & The Upstairs Downstairs Team

Anne · Married on 05/27/2018

Upstairs Downstairs was great! We got so many wedding guests that told us it was the best wedding food they had ever had and we would have to agree. My husband works as a chef and a caterer and he was very pleased as well. We had a couple of people with food allergies and they were more than happy to accommodate those and made wonderful meals for those that needed something special.

Sent on 06/04/2018

Upstairs Downstairs Catering's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words Anne! It was our pleasure to serve you.

Anne · Married on 10/13/2017

We chose Upstairs Downstairs Catering based on the reviews we read and the delicious food served at our tasting! We could not be happier with our choice! Rick was so flexible and easy to work with. He went above and beyond by visiting our venue as he had not catered there before! Phil and the staff were wonderful the day of the wedding. Phil kept us informed the entire evening, and the staff was extremely friendly and polite! And the food was awesome! From the appetizers, to dinner, the dessert bar and our late night snack of nachos....everything was delicious! Thanks so much for everything!

Sent on 10/25/2017

Jen · Married on 09/16/2017

We worked closely with Rhonda to create a delicious, causal menu that reflected the fun and friendly vibe we wanted for our barn wedding. We had a delicious Wisconsin inspired menu including fried cheese curds and mac n cheese bites (both fried fresh on site!), beef and chicken kebabs (grilled on site!), and butter burgers and mini brats. YUM! We opted to have passed appetizers - at no additional charge - which was a huge help in making sure our guests stayed satisfied. The bartenders were fun and even remembered some of the guests names and what they liked to drink! Overall, Upstairs Downstairs made our day delicious and easy. I would absolutely recommend them to someone having a casual rustic barn wedding!

Upstairs Downstairs Catering 2
    Sent on 11/05/2017

Alison · Married on 06/10/2017

Dan and the servers at Upstairs Downstairs Catering were amazing for our June 10th wedding. My dad wasn’t sold on catering the wedding until the tasting with Upstairs Downstairs. Dan was very good at communicating and giving us a very good idea of what to expect and what we needed to know. He was also very professional and centered. They were great with last-minute changes when the wind was gusting at 60 mph on our day and we couldn’t go with our original set-up. They were true professionals that know what they are doing and we never had to worry the whole night. Everyone raved over the food and it was as good as the tasting! We could not be happier with how the night went, they were the easiest choice of the whole planning process. We will hire them again for another event in a heart-beat.

Sent on 06/27/2017

Andrea · Married on 12/03/2016

Upstairs Downstairs was AMAZING. My husband and I can't thank Rick enough for everything he did to make our wedding evening perfect! We had a very small, catered dinner of about 12 people at our venue and the food was amazing. Our families loved the food and we had plenty of it! My brother in law even said it was the best food at a wedding he's ever had. Besides the food, the linens, set up, and Rick's courtesy and professionalism were top notch. He responded to emails promptly too. Overall, 5+ star rating!!!

Sent on 12/20/2016
  • Emily

Emily · Married on 12/02/2016

This team did an exceptional job with the buffet-style meal at our wedding. On time, professional, and thoughtful - not to mention the truly delicious food. My only lament is that my cake toppers got lost somewhere in the shuffle :( Things happen - would still highly recommend to anyone who wants to serve & enjoy wonderful meal on their wedding day!

Sent on 12/28/2016

Mel · Married on 11/05/2016

We loved working with Rick and Dan from Upstairs Downstairs! They were friendly and informative and allowed us to ask the millions of questions we had without making us feel like we were a bother. The food was AMAZING and the staff we had for our wedding day was awesome. They were personable and professional and excelled in keeping guests fed. We got tons of compliments on our food and the staff. We had concerns about the integrity of the food, being that our venue was about an hour away with no on-site kitchen but they ended up being unfounded. Everything was hot, fully cooked, and delicious! The only issue we had was with an appetizer we chose. At the tasting it had a very creamy cheese spread filling and day of, the filling was ricotta. It definitely changed the consistency and taste of the app and that was a bit disappointing. However, it was just a small blemish in what was otherwise delectable food. We wouldn't hesitate to recommend Upstairs Downstairs for any event!

Sent on 12/20/2016

Cortney · Married on 10/21/2016

Best decision! Dan was awesome to work with. Very responsive and flexible. Food was excellent!!!

Sent on 11/10/2016

Rebekkah · Married on 10/08/2016

We recently had Upstairs Downstairs cater our wedding - and it was fantastic!

Rick kept in touch with us throughout the process, from our tasting session through our wedding day itself. He was even present day-of, ensuring that our day went just right. We loved everything, from the hors d'oeuvres (Wisconsin Brat Bites, mmm!) to salads to the dinner itself. Everything was hot and prepared just the way we expected it.

Rick and the folks at Upstairs Downstairs did a marvelous job - we can't recommend them enough! Thanks!

Sent on 12/29/2016

Upstairs Downstairs Catering's reply:

Thank you! It was our pleasure!

Best to you both in your future together!

Callie · Married on 09/24/2016

Choosing Upstairs Downstairs Catering for our wedding day was one of the easiest and best choices ever. Easy, because Dan is amazing and we could tell right away he had all the right solutions. We got married in a barn and when we met Dan for the tasting, he had so many great suggestions for what the day would look like and the role Upstairs Downstairs would play. He had suggestions for things I hadn't even thought of, and my family, husband and I immediately felt 100% confident in Dan. With all the stress and crazy-ness in planning a wedding, Dan made my life simple. He had the answer to any roadblock that came up, he had a solution to every question. (No matter how goofy, because I actually had no idea what I was doing planning a wedding.) Beyond Dan's excellent organization, thoroughness, kindness and amazing-ness, the food was AMAZING! All of the guests kept telling us how good the food was. If I got married 100 times more (hopefully that isn't the case) I would choose Upstairs Downstairs every time.

Sent on 11/07/2016

Bridget · Married on 09/24/2016

What a wonderful experience! From the first email interaction, to the day of our wedding! Dan and his team totally take care of everything for you and make sure that you can rest easy on your wedding day. Staff was on time, friendly and totally accommodating. The food was delicious, guests are still complimenting us on the menu! We had a semi-out of the box vision for our food and Dan executed it and contributed some ideas that we hadn't even thought of! I cannot recommend Upstairs Downstairs enough!

Sent on 11/09/2016

m · Married on 09/04/2016

These guys were the best, 5 stars in every way. We had a small wedding at our home, and they still treated it like a big important event -- super accommodating, went above & beyond to offer great options, straightforward and really easy to deal with. Affordable, flexible, we were happy to find a caterer who could do kids meal and serve everything family style. Food was wonderful, service staff at the event were great: chill, eager to help, friendly but very much in the background. Cannot say enough good things about this company!

Sent on 11/07/2016

Matt · Married on 08/26/2016

Dan and his team were unbelievable. They were friendly and accommodating, and their food was absolutely fantastic. Set up a tasting with them and you'll be very happy that you did!

Sent on 11/19/2016