Upbeats DJ's Reviews

Upbeats DJ's View more information

• Ashley
    Ashley W. Married on 08/07/2021

Dustin was amazing

Dustin was the best!! Our dance floor was never empty, he made sure we (bride and groom) had everything we needed even drinks! He went above an beyond my expectations. I would recommend Dustin to everyone, even 2 days out we are still getting complements on him!!
    Kelsey M. Married on 07/10/2021

Excellent service and outstanding experience!

Wow!!! The company Upbeats DJs as a whole was incredibly responsive throughout the whole process! We had DJ Dustin for our DJ and my husband and I are so impressed we wish we could rate him 10 stars!! He helped us through the planning process and gave us advice on specific song selections. At the reception, Dustin went above and beyond- from helping me through the food line, making sure my wedding party all had drinks, to helping teach the line dances… Dustin was absolutely amazing! DJ Dustin was great at reading the room and correlating the music to the time of evening. DJ Dustin was the best DJ we have ever seen!! We would highly recommend Upbeats DJs to anyone in need of DJ services! Our guest cannot stop raving about how great the DJ was!

Kelsey,
    Thank you for the kind words. Our team is built with integrity and service, as you know have seen in person. DJ Dustin is one of our most giving guys on the team. We just thank you for giving us the honor to serve you as your perfect host DJ. we wish you the very best in the years to come.
  • Kaylie
    Kaylie B. Married on 06/12/2021

Outstanding and Personal!

DJ Dustin was absolutely phenomenal! We couldn't have asked for a better addition to our wedding. From the smallest of intricacies that we couldn't have thought of on our own to the largest and most important instances of the night Dustin was there for us. Dustin accommodated our every need and everything went flawlessly. His outgoing personality and creative ideas made him the perfect match for what we were looking for. By the end of the night Dustin had made us feel so truly special that we felt like he was just another member of the family. We would HIGHLY recommend to anyone looking for a DJ for their wedding or any other event for that matter.

Upbeats DJ's's reply:

Kaylie, Thank you for the review. Our entire team celebrates when we hear how well one of our own does at a celebration. DJ Dustin is priceless and very special. So happy you have great memories that will last. Be blessed 😍
  • Allison
    Allison M. Married on 05/15/2021

Dustin was 11 out of 10 stars.

The beginning on working with upbeats was a bit rocky, we had a pretty unique circumstance with the grooms family being unable to attend so we were planning on playing a recorded video sent by his family. When we asked Doug about it, he wasn't helpful in coordinating file type or size- he didn't seem to think it was even possible. As soon as we started talking with our events DJ- Dustin, everything flowed so much smoother, and if I could give him more than five stars I would. He was invaluable when helping plan the wedding, he even offered to help me finalize the centerpiece designs for our guest tables. At the event, he was wonderful at reading the room to know when to transition from upbeat music to slow music or line dances- and even joined in on the line dances to show everybody how they were done. When it was time for dinner, he ran up and insisted on holding my (the bride's) plate for me, and went to the bar on my behalf to get my drinks. He was also the first person to send me pictures after the wedding. Overall, Dustin was ABSOLUTELY my favorite vendor i hired, and highly reccomend him for future events

Alli,
    thank you so much for you review. DJ Dustin is one of out top DJ's and now you understand why. Our entire staff provides more than just music. We pride ourselves in leveraging each others skills and talents to provide the best experience possible. Thank you for you faith and now you have great memories to last a lifetime.
    best to the both of you in the future.
    Tom S. Married on 04/24/2021

Great Value

Fantastic service. Love the skill to act as the Emcee of the night. and of course the music had the floor packed. It was a great value and I was very impressed.

Tom, What kind word 😍
    It was an honor to host the day.
    Thank you for having us as your Perfect Host 👍
  • Jessi
    Jessi B. Married on 05/30/2020

The Best Day Ever!!

Doug was amazing! He helped us plan our entire wedding ceremony and reception from start to finish and he was super easy to work with! Our guests loved our music and we got so many compliments on our day! Thanks so much for all of the little details that made our day the best ever!

Jessi,
    It was a blast. I know you have waited quite some time for this day. I want to wish both you and Jonathan the best for years to come 😍
    Rebekah C. Married on 12/21/2019

Excellent, very friendly and professional!

Doug did a great job of listening to what my husband and I envisioned for our wedding. He was able to play off of our ideas and help us craft the perfect playlist. He helped make our wedding into a fun atmosphere and got a lot of people onto the dance floor. He was very personable and made the night run very smoothly! I definitely recommend Upbeat DJs if you are planning your wedding!
    Sarah Married on 09/01/2018
    I had the MOST wonderful EXPERIENCE with Upbeats! We had Doug for our wedding! He was accommodating and professional. You can tell he loves what he does and is great with customer service. He made our event spectacular!!!
    Lindsey Married on 10/14/2017
    Doug was really great to work with! He is very responsive with communicating and would respond to us almost immediately! Their itinerary builder that they use to document all of our song choices helped us communicate to them how the flow of the whole wedding day would go. Once we submitted this they essentially could picture what it would look like without having to meet for hours on end before the wedding. Doug did a great job on knowing which songs to play at the exact time for both our ceremony and reception. When we were waiting for the grand entrance to occur, I heard Doug explaining to the guests what our table numbers represented. We had pictures of me and the groom at the age of what that table number was ( at table 1, we had pics of us at age 1, etc). I never even told Doug that but he was telling our guests about it! He made sure that the guests knew exactly what was going on at all times! My favorite part was that he had everyone up and dancing the whole time!
    Kaitlin Married on 04/08/2017
    DJ Doug was amazing and I have already recommended him to several people and my wedding was only a week and a half ago! Not only was planning super easy but I didn't feel at all nervous about going into the wedding without a planner with his detailed itinerary, the fact he came to our rehearsal 2 days beforehand, and just his overall professionalism. Highly recommended!
    Casey Married on 11/12/2016
    DJ Doug was GREAT. He was very professional and all his years in the industry really showed. He played exactly what we asked throughout the whole day. He even came to our rehearsal to make sure he seamlessly transitioned each song during our ceremony. He set up early and stayed late. He kept the party moving when the reception was in full swing, and he checked in with us during the reception to see if we needed anything. I was VERY impressed with Doug's professionalism and he was easily one of our favorite vendors of the night! I would highly recommend his services to every couple.
  • Ragan
    Ragan Married on 05/13/2016
    We booked Doug, the owner of Upbeats DJs, off recommendation from our wedding planner. Doug was one of my favorite parts of the whole wedding! He played every song we wanted to hear and no songs on our Do Not Play list which was extensive because I'm picky about music. Upbeats DJs showed up on time, in a professional tux, and everything went so smoothly - we really appreciated that! I would recommend this company to anyone. They were running a special at the time as well so we were able to get a good value.
    Beth Married on 09/06/2014
    I cannot say enough about Corey from Upbeats DJ or about the company itself. They were professional and flexible with the wedding day changes that came about.

Corey, well, we LOVED Corey, he was so sweet and easy to deal with, and also responsive and very, very helpful in every way. Our guests also enjoyed Corey, I am sure all Upbeats DJs are great, but I have to give my shout out to the man who helped make the day more special.

If you are looking for a DJ in the Cincinnati area, call Upbeats, you will be happy that you did.

Upbeats DJ's's reply:

Corey is one of the Best on the team!
    Minna Married on 10/11/2013
    DJ Doug provided our ceremony and reception music for our big day! I could not be happier. He was very professional and tailored the music exactly to our tastes. It really showcased us as a couple. The deal we got on Small Business Saturday following the Thanksgiving holiday made this an obvious choice. Very pleased. Thanks for everything Doug!

Upbeats DJ's's reply:

It was our pleasure and Best to both you and Dana!
    Melissa Married on 06/23/2012
    Upbeats DJ surpassed my expectations for my wedding. Doug was awesome through the planning process despite some of our indecisiveness about songs. He came to our rehearsal for no additional fees and helped so much in the planning of ceremony because of his experience with the venue. Pricing was more than reasonable which was really the only reason we had signed with him originally. The entire event was well run with perfect music. Doug definitely went the extra mile for us and personally made our wedding memorable and fun!

Upbeats DJ's's reply:

Great memories is what we are all about :-)
    Mindy Married on 09/07/2013
    Doug was great. He helped keep the reception running smoothly and everyone enjoyed the music. His prices are very reasonable as well. He is very well organized and helped us plan everything out. If you need a DJ to do a great job and help with planning your itinerary for the reception, Doug is the man. :)

The best to you Mindy!
    Amaris Married on 05/19/2013
    The DJ did a great job!!! He worked so well with our non-traditional music choices and really kept the mood up!

Upbeats DJ's's reply:

Ever one (Even Ted) had a great time :-)
    Amanda Married on 05/23/2015
    Been back and forth for a year now debating whether to write this review. I figured the info would be valuable to Upbeats DJ so here it goes.
    The music played was a lot of cheesy oldies. (Respect, brick house, under pressure) I really don't like this kind of music and I wrote on the DJ itinerary that I like Modern pop music. Our DJ couldn't really couldn't get anyone to dance which kinda bummed out the whole night. He would get up about 10-12 people for a song and then play something lame like under pressure that you cant dance well too and almost everyone except me and my husband would sit back down. I had a list of songs that I wanted played and they weren't all played yet these oldies were played... :( Only immediate family made it to the end because we had to clean up but all the guests left really quick. I'm sure they were bored because I wanted to leave myself. I had some friends requests songs multiple times and they wouldn't get played until my husband would go up with them to get them played. I guess it was making some people mad enough to leave because he said he would play them and they waited and waited and didn't get played. Overall, I wouldn't recommend to others unless things changed. I did think the DJ was very nice and professional and ran the ceremony service music smoothly but he also needs to understand not all weddings are the same demographic and like the same type of music. I also loved that the hours were unlimited!

Upbeats DJ's's reply:

Our Apologies, Please email us so we can find a solution. In our 32 year we have never had an event of this length. During our planning session we did mention that 7 hrs (3pm-10pm) for a reception was very long. Traditionally receptions are 3-4 hours. You are correct many left between 6 & 7pm. We did research our show music list and we could not find "Under Pressure" song being played. Due to space on this site we can not post the entire list (7hrs) that we played. But please email us so we can discuss a solution. We wish you and Paul the very best :-)