Upbeats DJ's Reviews

11 | Cincinnati, OH

11 Reviews for Upbeats DJ's

sarah · Married on 09/01/2018

I had the MOST wonderful EXPERIENCE with Upbeats! We had Doug for our wedding! He was accommodating and professional. You can tell he loves what he does and is great with customer service. He made our event spectacular!!!

Sent on 09/28/2018

Lindsey · Married on 10/14/2017

Doug was really great to work with! He is very responsive with communicating and would respond to us almost immediately! Their itinerary builder that they use to document all of our song choices helped us communicate to them how the flow of the whole wedding day would go. Once we submitted this they essentially could picture what it would look like without having to meet for hours on end before the wedding. Doug did a great job on knowing which songs to play at the exact time for both our ceremony and reception. When we were waiting for the grand entrance to occur, I heard Doug explaining to the guests what our table numbers represented. We had pictures of me and the groom at the age of what that table number was ( at table 1, we had pics of us at age 1, etc). I never even told Doug that but he was telling our guests about it! He made sure that the guests knew exactly what was going on at all times! My favorite part was that he had everyone up and dancing the whole time!

Sent on 10/28/2017

Kaitlin · Married on 04/08/2017

DJ Doug was amazing and I have already recommended him to several people and my wedding was only a week and a half ago! Not only was planning super easy but I didn't feel at all nervous about going into the wedding without a planner with his detailed itinerary, the fact he came to our rehearsal 2 days beforehand, and just his overall professionalism. Highly recommended!

Sent on 04/20/2017

Casey · Married on 11/12/2016

DJ Doug was GREAT. He was very professional and all his years in the industry really showed. He played exactly what we asked throughout the whole day. He even came to our rehearsal to make sure he seamlessly transitioned each song during our ceremony. He set up early and stayed late. He kept the party moving when the reception was in full swing, and he checked in with us during the reception to see if we needed anything. I was VERY impressed with Doug's professionalism and he was easily one of our favorite vendors of the night! I would highly recommend his services to every couple.

Sent on 01/09/2017
  • Ragan

Ragan · Married on 05/13/2016

We booked Doug, the owner of Upbeats DJs, off recommendation from our wedding planner. Doug was one of my favorite parts of the whole wedding! He played every song we wanted to hear and no songs on our Do Not Play list which was extensive because I'm picky about music. Upbeats DJs showed up on time, in a professional tux, and everything went so smoothly - we really appreciated that! I would recommend this company to anyone. They were running a special at the time as well so we were able to get a good value.

Sent on 11/15/2016

Beth · Married on 09/06/2014

I cannot say enough about Corey from Upbeats DJ or about the company itself. They were professional and flexible with the wedding day changes that came about.

Corey, well, we LOVED Corey, he was so sweet and easy to deal with, and also responsive and very, very helpful in every way. Our guests also enjoyed Corey, I am sure all Upbeats DJs are great, but I have to give my shout out to the man who helped make the day more special.

If you are looking for a DJ in the Cincinnati area, call Upbeats, you will be happy that you did.

Sent on 09/15/2014

Upbeats DJ's's reply:

Corey is one of the Best on the team!

Minna · Married on 10/11/2013

DJ Doug provided our ceremony and reception music for our big day! I could not be happier. He was very professional and tailored the music exactly to our tastes. It really showcased us as a couple. The deal we got on Small Business Saturday following the Thanksgiving holiday made this an obvious choice. Very pleased. Thanks for everything Doug!

Sent on 10/16/2013

Upbeats DJ's's reply:

It was our pleasure and Best to both you and Dana!

Melissa · Married on 06/23/2012

Upbeats DJ surpassed my expectations for my wedding. Doug was awesome through the planning process despite some of our indecisiveness about songs. He came to our rehearsal for no additional fees and helped so much in the planning of ceremony because of his experience with the venue. Pricing was more than reasonable which was really the only reason we had signed with him originally. The entire event was well run with perfect music. Doug definitely went the extra mile for us and personally made our wedding memorable and fun!

Sent on 07/20/2012

Upbeats DJ's's reply:

Great memories is what we are all about :-)

Mindy · Married on 09/07/2013

Doug was great. He helped keep the reception running smoothly and everyone enjoyed the music. His prices are very reasonable as well. He is very well organized and helped us plan everything out. If you need a DJ to do a great job and help with planning your itinerary for the reception, Doug is the man. :)

Sent on 09/18/2013

The best to you Mindy!

amaris · Married on 05/19/2013

3.5

The DJ did a great job!!! He worked so well with our non-traditional music choices and really kept the mood up!

Sent on 06/16/2013

Upbeats DJ's's reply:

Ever one (Even Ted) had a great time :-)

Amanda · Married on 05/23/2015

2.6
      1.5
      1.5
      1.0

Been back and forth for a year now debating whether to write this review. I figured the info would be valuable to Upbeats DJ so here it goes.
    The music played was a lot of cheesy oldies. (Respect, brick house, under pressure) I really don't like this kind of music and I wrote on the DJ itinerary that I like Modern pop music. Our DJ couldn't really couldn't get anyone to dance which kinda bummed out the whole night. He would get up about 10-12 people for a song and then play something lame like under pressure that you cant dance well too and almost everyone except me and my husband would sit back down. I had a list of songs that I wanted played and they weren't all played yet these oldies were played... :( Only immediate family made it to the end because we had to clean up but all the guests left really quick. I'm sure they were bored because I wanted to leave myself. I had some friends requests songs multiple times and they wouldn't get played until my husband would go up with them to get them played. I guess it was making some people mad enough to leave because he said he would play them and they waited and waited and didn't get played. Overall, I wouldn't recommend to others unless things changed. I did think the DJ was very nice and professional and ran the ceremony service music smoothly but he also needs to understand not all weddings are the same demographic and like the same type of music. I also loved that the hours were unlimited!

Sent on 06/07/2016

Upbeats DJ's's reply:

Our Apologies, Please email us so we can find a solution. In our 32 year we have never had an event of this length. During our planning session we did mention that 7 hrs (3pm-10pm) for a reception was very long. Traditionally receptions are 3-4 hours. You are correct many left between 6 & 7pm. We did research our show music list and we could not find "Under Pressure" song being played. Due to space on this site we can not post the entire list (7hrs) that we played. But please email us so we can discuss a solution. We wish you and Paul the very best :-)