Upbeat Occasions Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2018 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2017 Winner

James K. Getting married on 11/07/2021

Good DJ experience

Caroline was a pleasure to work with and did a great job keeping people on the dance floor. We particularly appreciate her staying later than planned and so did the crew on the dance floor!
  • Sabrina
    Sabrina Getting married on 09/25/2021

Amazing Company!

Caroline and John were part of my big day on May 16tb 2021. I can’t say enough amazing things about them both. Truly made my night special by interacting with my guests and adhering to all of our requests. Thank you both!!
    Elizabeth E. Married on 09/18/2021

The dance floor was NEVER empty

The best way to evaluate a wedding DJ is how full the dance floor is and the party never stopped. 100% nailed everything, music selection was eerily on point right down to her playing a song that inspired an unforgettable impromptu duet with the bride and my fellow bridesmaid. I am so lucky to share this day with my two best friends and you wrote the soundtrack to one of the best nights of our lives. I’ll never even consider hiring anyone but you. You know how to read a room, can gauge what to play and get everyone dancing!! BRAVO 👏 on coming through!! Thank You 🙏🏼
  • Brittney
    Brittney P. Married on 09/04/2021

DJ Caroline is amazing!

My now husband and I hired Caroline and her team after getting a great recommendation from friends. We are so happy we listened to them, Caroline went above and beyond. We had so many requests and she fulfilled everyone. My husband even asked her to create a mashup of 4 different songs to make as his entrance song, she did this without problem. Not only is she a great DJ but she did an awesome job of keeping our guests entertained not only in cocktail hour but throughout the night. We had an extended reception from 5-midnight and she didn’t stop once! She’s so nice, easy going, and responds quick to all texts and emails! I would highly recommend DJ Caroline and her team at Upbeat Occasions to anyone.
    Daniela E. Married on 06/26/2021

Wedding DJ

Amazing service and a wonderful time. Played great music and had cool light systems. Would definitely hire them again for any party I throw.
  • Sarah
    Sarah K. Married on 06/18/2021

Great wedding experience !

Caroline was so great to work with. We would highly recommend Upbeat Occasions for any event!
    Justine H. Married on 06/12/2021

SO SO HAPPY I made the call to DJ Caroline! Her team is amazing!!!

Upbeat was amazing! SO glad i hired them for my wedding. We had a team of three fantastic humans for our wedding day. Joey Chris and Mario were absolutely the best! Hiring a DJ was very intimidating. I had a few recommendations from friends and thought i had the DJ i would hire... but let me tell you i was just not feeling it, SO one morning i gave DJ Caroline a call and we clicked she made me feel relaxed! Then she said she was booked for my wedding day (oh no!) but she quickly assured me that she had a team that was available. I am so glad i hired Upbeat Occasions for our wedding. Joey was available for calls and advice up to the wedding day and Dj Chris reached out to me days before the wedding to make sure everything was how it should be and made last minute changes that saved the day!!!. Mario was there to mange the photo booth( he did so much more than that) these three worked as a TEAM! they went above and beyond my expectations.ABOVE AND BEYOND! I was my own wedding planner so there were some bumps but these guys greeted us with smiles and checked on us through out the night to make sure things were great! i was not worried about a thing! i seriously cannot recommend Upbeat Occasions enough. Fantastic group. i appreciate it so much Thank you all for everything you did to make the wedding fantastic !!!!
  • Nicholas
    Nicholas B. Married on 05/22/2021

Loved working with them!

Upbeat Occassions came to the rescue for us recently. We were forced to change venues with 3 months to go before our wedding date. Fortunately, Caroline at Upbeat Occassions was available and highly recommended by friends. We were beyond happy we went with them too. Caroline was incredibly helpful, was always reachable with any questions, and made sure all the details were figured out and kept things on track during the event. Plus they were just fun people to work and party with. Highly recommended!!
  • Cassandra
    Cassandra B. Married on 05/22/2021

Amazing Experience!!!

During the crazy time of Covid, we ended up needing a DJ pretty close to the date of our wedding. Caroline from Upbeat Occasionals came highly recommended by a few close friends. After our first phone conversation, we quickly decided to choose them as our wedding DJ. We're so happy we did and couldn't have asked for a better experience. Caroline was so easy to work with and extremely knowledgeable. She asked questions we didn't even think of and always had spot-on recommendations for music. The day of, we had Jacque and Caroline. They both were amazing individuals to work with and made us laugh throughout the entire evening. The sparklers at the end of the night were a perfect way to end an amazing day!!! I would recommend Upbeat Occasions to anyone needing awesome entertainment at their event!
    Casey C. Married on 05/01/2021

Upbeat occasions

Great company, great price came with MC and DJ. Set up to accommodate backyard.
  • Jenna
    Jenna E. Married on 02/12/2021

Best DJ ever

Caroline and Chris at Upbeat Occasions were so great. Caroline's professionalism, passion for what she does, and attention to detail ensure your day will go smoothly. She played all the right songs and our guests loved it. Chris did a great job as well!
    We just had our wedding and I can't say enough good things about Caroline and Chris. They are so professional and brought great positive energy to our event. Their music choices are fabulous and everything went perfectly. Thank you so much!
  • Jennie
    Jennie P. Married on 11/14/2020

Dream Team!

Having a wedding during a pandemic was not easy, but DJ Caroline made sure to make our dream wedding happen and give our guests an incredible experience! When we had to move our Lake George wedding to Long Island due to COVID, Caroline stuck by us and made the long trip with her crew. Caroline, John and Mario did a fantastic job entertaining our guests with games, music and a fun photo booth. Then, to top off the perfect night, they provided us with a sparkler send off. Thanks to DJ Caroline and her team, we were able to have the wedding of our dreams and made memories that will last forever.
    Logan K. Married on 10/17/2020

Awesome experience!

Caroline was absolutely amazing to work with! She is so creative and everyone was entertained the whole night. She had so much more to offer than just music for our wedding. The sparkler send off was my favorite! I highly recommend her to everyone for their wedding. She did a great job sticking to the evenings timeline but also was flexible and went with the flow when necessary. 10/10!
    Theresa C. Married on 10/10/2020

Wedding Planner

Caroline was exceptional! She made the entire experience easy and enjoyable. She knew exactly what to do for what the couple needed and wanted. Working with her felt like working with someone I knew for years! I would highly recommend her for any occasion or wedding!
    Aubrie D. Married on 10/02/2020

Our Experience With Upbeat Occasions

Caroline and Joey from Upbeat Occasions were the DJs for our wedding. They did an excellent job. Before the wedding, Caroline met with us to discuss the songs we wanted played at the ceremony and reception. She gave us suggestions for songs when we were unsure about what songs we wanted. A few days before the wedding, we created a playlist, and Caroline and Joey made sure to play the songs during the wedding reception. They also asked us if we needed or wanted anything at the beginning of the reception. We’re glad that we chose Upbeat Occasions.
  • Valerie
    Valerie J. Married on 08/28/2020

She Made It Even Better of a Day!

Caroline was awesome!! We ended up hiring her last minute through a mutual friend, she connected with me quickly and several times to make sure we had a gameplan for both the ceremony and the reception.
    The reception was literally perfect because of her and she sent me an amazing video she created that we didn’t even contract for afterwards!
    The reception ended up chaotic because of COVID, our schedule got flip flopped and it didn’t shake her at all, she literally didn’t miss a beat! Played great music, rest games with our kids (20 yr olds) and wrapped up the night perfectly with an impromptu sparkler send off. Would HIGHLY recommend Her for any event, she clearly
    Cares about your day and goes above and beyond and loved what she does!
    Heidi P. Married on 08/22/2020

Caroline is amazing!

Caroline from upbeat was amazing at our wedding! She was friendly, and a super huge help! Website prior helped to plan out songs to play at our wedding. If they didn't have a song on the website, she found it! She even stepped in when things were not going just perfect, and was able to get us back on track. She is flexible and just plain great!
    Macy S. Married on 08/15/2020

Caroline is an AMAZING DJ!!

3 weeks before our wedding, we had a crisis. Our original DJ from somewhere else stepped down. We began scrambling to find someone and came across Caroline’s name online. We called her and explained our situation and without hesitation she agreed to do our wedding at an incredibly flexible cost. In less than three weeks time, she prepared all of our ceremony music, and reception music with absolutely no issues. Due to COVID, we were unable to have dancing at our wedding reception which I was very sad about. Caroline came prepared with fun games and prizes instead! She made the night SO fun and really went above and beyond to do so! We would highly recommend her to anyone. She is kind, compassionate, flexible, fun, and incredibly professional. She knows how to read a crowd and to make an event really fun for that crowd.
  • Motier
    Motier Married on 08/09/2020

Customization and Personalization

We chose Caroline for our wedding after previously seeing her work and knowing she would take a personal investment in our music choice (more 90s/2000s and southern hip hop).
    Due to COVID-19 our wedding had to make some significant changes, primarily no dancing. Caroline was able to take that change and still make our wedding feel like an absolute BANGER. She filled it with entertaining games, trivia, and unique spins on old traditions that made it feel like we always had something to do due our wedding. With 1.5 hours left at the end (which usually would have been for dancing) she played the music we want that made it still feel alive and upbeat (see what I did there). Her song choice, song timing, and mixing not only made it feel like we were always hearing music with no noticeable stop to transition, but gave us the vibe we were aiming for to perfection. The process of planning the wedding was super easy utilizing her planning forms and she always made herself available to us for any questions or changes. The one thing that made us confident in our choice of dj was that she went out of her way to make our wedding feel like OUR wedding and not a copy and paste wedding she has done before. She customized the questions and games to fit our style and vibe. Caroline does not have a cheesy DJ voice but rather speaks to the crowd as if she’s a friend/family member even making appropriate quips. She remember members of the family by name and even addressed them as such which overall increased comfort.
    She gives you the world for a decent price and We can’t recommend her enough.

Thank you again to Caroline and her assistant Tony.
  • Karen
    Karen H. Married on 07/10/2020

Wonderful from start to finish!

Working with Caroline and Upbeat Occasions was an absolute pleasure. From our first meeting Caroline took the time to get to know us and understand our vision for the type of wedding we wanted. Her energy and excitement are guaranteed to get guests to enjoy themselves. She provides great customer service. Whatever event she works is sure to be a blast!!!
  • Rachel
    Rachel I. Married on 12/27/2019

Amazing DJ, helped create a festive, fun wedding!

Caroline, of Upbeat Occasions was a truly wonderful choice to DJ our wedding.

First, she is fun and easy to work with. We met twice before the wedding and she made the planning process really easy.

Her music selection is exceptionally vast and diverse. We had a blast playing around in our client portal and picking songs. Caroline had really great suggestions for us regarding song choice for special moments (such as first dance, procession, etc.)

Upbeat Occasions also offered some other services that we loved. For example, during cocktail hour Caroline and her colleague, Mo, played table games with guests.....it was a lot of fun and helped create a festive atmosphere. We also used the photo booth which was GREAT. Guests loved receiving the link to the pictures and we had fun also. We also did the sparkler sendoff which made for great photographs!

Caroline is professional, experienced and reliable. She was a pleasure to work with and if you hire her you will be thrilled.

I'll also note that my wife and I are a gay couple and felt celebrated, valued and honored by Caroline, which is not true for all companies.

Upbeat Occasions's reply:

Thank you beautiful ladies for this incredible review. December weddings are becoming a favorite of mine. I absolutely loved your ornament as well! Thanks again!
    Jayme C. Married on 10/19/2019

Highly recommend!

Caroline was amazing!!!!! From the first day meeting her at a wedding expo, to our meetings we ad with her up to the wedding. She was extremely accommodating, very responsive and extremely helpful. She walked through our online portal with us, going over everything to make sure our day was perfect. Her and her assistant definitely made the wedding. She made you feel like a friend and not just a customer. When she got to the venue she stopped into the rooms said hi, checked if we needed anything and continued to check on us as the night went on. We have already recommended her to a friend, and also will definitely ask her to DJ for us again.
    Shelby Married on 09/28/2019
    Caroline is wonderful, she truly made our day special!
    Savannah Married on 09/14/2019

Wedding Review

Caroline was amazing prior to the wedding and the day of. I have had so many guests tell me they had a great time thanks to her. She also helped keep our day moving. Highly recommend!! Thanks again for an amazing wedding!