Upbeat DJ LLC Reviews

28 | Canterbury, CT

28 Reviews for Upbeat DJ LLC

• User6555509 · 1+ year ago

They do it all. Lights, music, and one of them can officiate. The give a full list of songs to help you choose and a checklist of what you need specific songs for. Very helpful.

Sent on 03/07/2017

Renee · Married on 10/07/2017

We LOVED UpBeat DJ!!! They kept everyone on the dance floor all night, we had so much fun with them. Mark and Pat are the best! Mark also officiated our ceremony with Pat controlling the music, they moved the entire day/night along so well, everything went so smooth. We could not be happier with went with UpBeat DJ, thank you both!

Nikki · Married on 09/22/2017

You will never regret handing over the entertainment on your day over to these guys. I gave them a general feeling of what I wanted and they gave it to us 10 fold. We had the best time and it's definitely due in part to these gentleman! Even trusting us when we requested Celine Dion ;)

Kara · Married on 09/16/2017

Great job by Upbeat DJ at my daughter's wedding. Provided music for ceremony and reception.

Heather · Married on 06/03/2017

These guys were amazing! Mark and Pat were great at interacting with our guests without being tacky, ill timed, or invasive. They tailored our ceremony and reception to our wants/needs and they were really cool guys.

Mark also was our officiant for us and he ran a great ceremony :)

We can't say enough good things about upbeat DJ, you will not regret them!

Heather & Kyle Lampe

Sent on 06/12/2017

Kristina · Married on 04/08/2017

Mark was outstanding! He is such a nice guy and an awesome DJ! He was very easy to work with and he kept us on the dancefloor all night long. He also kept the overview of all the things and remembered us of the timeline. All our guests told us that they've never seen such a good DJ before. We are so happy we had him at our wedding!!!

Sent on 05/24/2017

Julie · Married on 10/09/2016

Upbeat DJ provided the perfect entertainment for our wedding. The announcer Pat did a phenomenal job. Our guests loved them so much and have even requested their information for their upcoming events. They are reasonably priced, I got very quick responses to any questions and everyone is so friendly and helpful. Thank you Mark, Derek and especially Pat for making my big day so much fun!!

Sent on 11/07/2016

Katie · Married on 10/02/2016

I don't think their is one bad thing I can say about UpBeat. They did my wedding on October 2, 2016 and man oh man! I had so many people coming up to my husband & I asking who they were and where we found them! They interacted with EVERYONE! They made the flow of the night go so smoothly and kept everyone up and dancing! I HIGHLY recommend them to everyone I know that's getting married (as well as Wrights Mill Farm in general). You cannot go wrong with these guys!

Sent on 01/11/2017
  • tiffiny

tiffiny · Married on 07/08/2016

Mark and Patrick did a amazing job at our wedding. They are fun, energetic and keep the crowd going. They made our night so memorable and fun. Highly recommend them!!

Sent on 07/31/2016

Jessica · Married on 04/23/2016

Love Upbeat DJ! Mark and Pat were great. They worked with us every step of the way and were fantastic on our wedding night. They interacted with our guests and Mark danced with all of us too. They also had great suggestions for us and made sure our night was perfect.

Sent on 04/26/2016

Donald and Janet · Married on 09/19/2015

Mark, at Upbeat DJ, did an incredible job at our daughters wedding on September 19, 2015. We met with him prior to the wedding and went over all of the music selections. He coordinated all of the music from the music prior to the wedding, all ceremony music and all wedding music. He took requests and played a wide variety of music. He has a great personality and made the wedding a lot of fun. We would highly recommend him for any wedding. He is great!

Sent on 10/17/2015

Nicole · Married on 08/21/2015

Mark and Patrick were absolutely phenomenal to work with. They kept us and our guests laughing and having a great time. These two are top notch. Couldn't have asked for better people to make our wedding come alive!

Sent on 08/23/2015

Allison · Married on 07/18/2015

Awesome DJs! They're experts at getting people up and dancing! My husband and I booked them because they are based out of Wright's Mill Farm, and we are very happy we did. Right from the start, they were prompt and helpful in returning emails and Mark took the time to sit down with us for about two hours a few weeks before the wedding to go over all the details. He really "got" our musical tastes and what we wanted the playlist to be. He also had a few suggestions of his own that turned out great.

At our reception, all our guests said how much they loved the variety of the music and they also really appreciated and enjoyed being able to put in requests---Mark and Patrick personally went around to tables to take the requests, which was a nice touch. We were so happy that they timed our grand entrance perfectly and Patrick was super funny to boot---he played off the guests very well and we were cracking up at times! The last dance song was done so well; we really felt the love of our family and friends as they circled around us. We were having so much fun that we wanted the reception to go even longer, so lots of thanks from the bride and groom and our families!

Sent on 08/11/2015
  • AutumnBride

Krystal · Married on 10/04/2014

Amazing does not even begin to explain the guys at Upbeat DJ! I am so happy I booked them for my recent wedding. Working with them was so easy leading up to the big day; always very responsive and helpful.
    Greg and Patrick truly made our wedding outstanding! People are still talking about how much fun they had dancing and the perfect amount of humor the DJs put into the night. I would highly recommend Upbeat DJ for your upcoming wedding or any function!

Sent on 10/15/2014

We chose Upbeat DJ for our wedding this past May and could not have been happier with their services. They were professional and willing to do anything to make sure our day was wonderful. They were even willing to put together music for a special dance we had at the wedding. I would recommend Upbeat to anyone who is looking for a DJ for their wedding.

Sent on 11/30/2014

Nicki · Married on 09/21/2013

Greg was absolutely fantastic! He was so organized, extremely accommodating to all our requests, and really knew how to keep the party fun and exciting. We gave him a ton of requests for songs, and he did a great job fitting them into the night at the appropriate places. I don't think I heard a single song I didn't like. He was great at reading the crowd and what they would want to hear. Our guests were dancing like crazy! He even threw in special touches that we were not expecting like gift cards as prizes for the best dancers. It was so fun!

Greg also did an amazing job organizing the flow of the reception. He helped us work out a schedule of events that would work, and then did a great job keeping us in the loop. Before any announcements he was going to make (toasts, cake cutting, etc), he would find me, the groom, and the photographer and make sure we were ready. He was so good at coordinating with the venue/catering. Everything went so smoothly.

On top of all that, we were coordinating our wedding from California, so we did everything long distance via phone and email. We didn't even get to meet Greg until right before the wedding. Yet, b/c he was so on top of things everything went perfectly. I never thought planning a wedding, let along from the other side of the country, could be so stress free!

In short, Upbeat DJ was absolutely fantastic. I would recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 09/24/2013
  • Shanda

Shanda · Married on 08/30/2013

Greg and Patrick NAILED this event. They added so much to our night I couldn't be more happy. from the beautiful uplighting that washed the walls in our venue with a vibrant purple, to the design lights on the ceiling, to the mike on our JP and all the music and entertainment for the reception. They are truly and entertainment company and you will not be disappointed. I am STILL having wielding emails, text and calls from our guests saying how much they loved our DJ. The engaged couples that came asked for their info and even those who don't normally dance, find the dancing bug and joined in the fun.

This DJ is, in my opinion, the only one you need to look at. LOVE them. Great guys, great entertainment and they know what they're doing when it comes down to showtime on your wedding day. They are truly a great asset to your wedding team

Thanks guys!

Sent on 10/17/2013

J · Married on 07/26/2013

My wife and I recently had the luxury of having Upbeat DJ for our wedding. To say that these guys are good is a huge understatement. From our first meeting with Greg, we knew that we had the right guys for the job. Upbeat DJ exceeds all expectations across all aspects of their work including their ability to work with you prior to the event, the equipment they have, and the way they know how to handle an event like a wedding. As far as working with Upbeat DJ, they couldn't have been more personable and we were so happy with how they accommodated all of our unique requests with ease, including a few last minute ones. I remember the day of the wedding when I saw Greg before the ceremony and I asked him if he had gotten everything from the last email I'd sent and he simply replied with "You're all set". I knew based on my dealings with him up to this point we had nothing to worry about, and he was right, we were definitely all set. All the music was done just how we had asked. As far as their equipment goes, our wedding was at the Mystic Seaport with the ceremony out by the river. Greg and the guys were able to provide music for the ceremony and then seamlessly transition to provide music in the tented patio for cocktail hour and then inside for the reception, largely in part to their utilization of wireless equipment. Our reception couldn't have been better and that was largely due to how Upbeat DJ handled it. The traditional reception items (introductions, toasts, parent dances, cake cutting) went off flawlessly. And once the real dancing started, Upbeat DJ kept the party going. They accommodated on-the-spot requests and definitely recognized the fun the people in the room were having and selected music to keep it going. Everybody there told us how great our DJs were. If you are in the markanet for a DJ for any event, you can't pass up Upbeat DJ. They are not only great DJs, they are extremely easy to work with. 1st Class Service & 5 star quality!

Sent on 08/13/2013

Tim · Married on 06/02/2013

Greg and Patrick were an absolute blast. From making up nicknames on the fly for my wedding party, to coming out in a panda suit to get the dance floor going, to going around and asking for requests from each table, to every other thing, they were great. Really, wonderfully, great. Just as an example, at the end of the night, after our last dance, they asked some of our guests when they would be going home back to West Virginia. Spontaneously, some of them started singing "Country Road", which Greg and Patrick responded to by playing the song instead of packing up all of their gear. They went the extra mile, time and again, and it shows.

Sent on 06/06/2013

Jessica · Married on 08/11/2012

Greg and Josh were awesome to work with! They made our special day so much fun and had everyone out on the dance floor singing! We couldn't have asked for a better DJ service!

Sent on 09/02/2012

Tom/Chrissy · Married on 08/04/2012

Pat and Derek were awesome. Everyone had a great time, Pat knows how to work a crowd, if we ever need a dj again I know where we are going.

Sent on 08/25/2012

josh · Married on 06/30/2012

Nothing but the best from these guys. Definitely one of the best duos around!

Sent on 07/11/2012

Amanda · Married on 06/30/2012

These guys were so fantastic. They must with my husband and I several times and they made sure the whole event went smooth. They were funny and total crowd pleasers! They played great music and kept the party going. Their price was extremely competitive and yet we got top notch service. The purple uplighting they brought was amazing and really brought the whole thing together.

Sent on 08/02/2012

Sean · Married on 12/03/2011

Upbeat Dj came all the way up to Woodstock, VT for our destination wedding and totally exceeded our expectations. Along with elegant lighting and outstanding quality sound, they created an ambiance that fit our theme and personalities perfectly. They showed excellent professionalism and did everything that was asked of them, and more. We were not just another job for them, they custom fit our reception and celebrated along with us. Not one person didn't make it out on the dance floor, and everyone enjoyed their song selection, as well as their appropriate sense of humor. They are the best around, and very reasonably priced. When everything has to be perfect on your special day, you want to make sure you trust that you are dealing with seasoned professional vendors, and that is definitely what you get with Upbeat Dj llc. They rock!

Sent on 07/08/2012

Earl · Married on 10/08/2011

I would highly recommend anyone looking for a DJ for an event, wedding, party etc to use Upbeat DJ LLC. Greg takes the time to sit down with you and figure out the type(s) of music you, your family and your friends are into. He takes this info along with his extensive knowledge of whats trendy, hot and good time favorites to provide a great mix of songs for everyone. Upbeat DJ keeps the event rolling, on point and adds in a personal touch that please all ages. The 2 times I've seen Greg and his crew do a wedding were both very fun evernts. My wife Kim and I liked his style along with his crew so much we chose them to do our own special day!

Sent on 07/12/2012