University Club of Michigan State University Reviews

12 Reviews for University Club of Michigan State University

• Ashley

Ashley L. · Married on 12/29/2018

A cozy romantic evening

Our wedding was a cozy, warm dream! The University Club helped make our vision a reality. We are so grateful for the help of Joanne and the entire team. The were accommodating with our Pittsburgh cookie table, dietary requests, and decor vision. We also were so appreciative with how professional and attentive they were. We did not have to worry about anything the day of and felt completely confident with them handling any issues. The food was amazing and our guests were beyond happy with the spread as well as the bar and the late night pizza buffet. Our wedding day flew by and I will forever be grateful to this to team for helping us make the most of the first day as husband and wife.

Sent on 02/05/2019
  • Tara

Tara · Married on 06/25/2016

The UCLUB is an amazing place to have a reception. From start to finish, I have nothing but great things to say about the staff and the services they provide. The food is top notch, the service is impeccable. It it one classy place and they make sure you know that they are willing to go above and beyond to make your day special. You do not have to be a member of the club to have your event there. We were able to join on a special event membership, and also enjoyed amenities of the club such as the restaurant and pool. They also offer a tasting event with all of the food you can choose from for your wedding. We went with the wedding package that included passed appetizers, full bar, plated meal and linens, chargers and some center pieces if you want.
    We had the pleasure of working with Marilyn Mays and she did such a great job working on our wedding. We really had no worries during this whole process as Marilyn was always on top of it. She also coordinated with all of my vendors for delivery times. You can't go wrong with having your reception at the University Club.

Sent on 06/30/2016

We had our wedding reception at the University Club and it was absolutely perfect. I had a great experience working with Janice Thelen and the rest of the staff. Everything ran smoothly, everything was set up beautifully and I felt like everything was really well prepared. The food was amazing, we got so many compliments. We decided to have a morning wedding and brunch, which was a great choice. The U Club's brunch is wonderful and an incredible value. Overall, I was incredibly satisfied with my experience with the University Club and I am very glad we had the reception there!

Sent on 01/20/2016

Rachel · Married on 09/19/2015

We're just going to have the reception here, but so far, the U-Club has been just wonderful! Stephanie Parish is the contact person for wedding stuff, and she is great to work with. They can accommodate just about anything you'd like, and they tell me there's even a place specifically made (pretty flowers, a bridge, etc) for wedding photos, that we're really looking forward to using. The facilities are beautiful, the prices are reasonable for the quality you're receiving, and they're able to provide us with MSU Dairy Store ice cream on top of everything else - what more could a bride ask for?

Sent on 06/30/2015

Danielle · Married on 08/02/2014

We had our wedding reception at the University Club in August 2014. Working with Marilyn Mays was great. She was flexible and always willing to accommodate. Marilyn communicated with other vendors which made it a lot easier to plan the reception. She was professional and considerate of our budget. She made sure everything ran smoothly on the wedding day. It turned out to be a beautiful reception and I'm so happy that we chose the UClub.

Sent on 12/31/2014

Andrew · Married on 07/19/2014

No better place for alums to get married. The chapel is amazing and the staff at the MSU Union for the reception were fun to work with. An outstanding experience!

Sent on 07/26/2014

Kylie · Married on 09/28/2013

I cannot say enough great things about this venue, everything was absolutely amazing!

Sent on 11/13/2013

Janelle · Married on 07/31/2010

We LOVED the alumni chapel! There is no better place for two MSU graduates to get married. It is small- but VERY romantic! And definately somewhere where we can visit time after time in the future! Don't debate about the cost- just book it! You will definately be happy!

Sent on 08/20/2010

Jenelle · Married on 12/29/2012

We recently had our wedding reception at the University Club. The experience was magical. When we began planning, our assigned wedding coordinator left to pursue other options. However, our new wedding coordinator, Marilyn Mays, stepped in and was PHENOMINAL!!!! We arranged several meetings face to face to make sure we were on the same page. She was attentive to my concerns, detailed requests, and constant emails verifying if I understood things correctly. (I was extremely OCD during the process and Marilyn was incredibly patient and remained courteous with my outrageous requests.) The food was amazing. We chose to have our guest have chicken and beef together. It was served individually and was presented hot! (Sometimes this is an issue with served meals, but not at the UClub.)
    We held the reception at the newly renovated Heritage Room. The lighting was perfect, there were already Christmasy decorations including snowflakes, wreaths, and trees present during our reception. The standard of professionalism as well as quality of taste is exceptional. The individual servers were amazing as well! They attended professionally and quickly to our requests, and were efficient with clearing the courses.
    While the UClub is a members only club, and a yearly membership is required at the time of reserving the date, it was well worth it! we participated in several UClub events including several dinners and a broadway shows, and had dinner at Mingle several times.
    Again, I would highly recommend Marilyn if you can request her. Overall, the UClub was able to provide my husband and I a luxurious level of professionalism, service, and décor.

Sent on 01/02/2013

Amanda · Married on 06/24/2012

I have always loved the chapel, so I was sold on the looks. However, the staff is so helpful and kept everyone in line. We loved our experience working with Steve and the others (interns).

Sent on 08/20/2012

Kim · Married on 02/22/2015

3.5

In the process of wedding planning and I can't wait to have our wedding here!!! The staff has been amazing so far and the value is leaps and bounds above the other venues in the area. Our planner/coordinator Stephanie has been there for every question I have and has made some great suggestions to help me plan our big day. My only complaint is that one the day of our wedding there is some kind of class that is being held in the room we have rented so I can't get people in to start decorating until 4 pm. This means that I wont be able to check on the decorations before the wedding and I am a huge control freak!!! Fingers crossed that the rest of the deals with the venue will be as smooth!

Sent on 02/25/2015

Trisha · Married on 06/01/2014

3.5

Wonderful place, had a great time, would recommend to others.

Sent on 06/19/2014