United States National Arboretum Reviews

Rating 5.0 out of 5, 7 Reviews
View more information

Laura Getting married on 06/05/2023

Wonderful experience working with Natalie of McNeese Thomas Group

Selecting my venue and working with Natalie was the first -- and most important -- decision I’ve made in wedding planning thus far! My fiance and I were so excited to learn that the National Arboretum was available for weddings and reached out to Natalie in December 2019, toured the venue in January 2020, and were ready to commit on the spot. Planning a May 2021 wedding amidst the uncertainty of the pandemic has felt stressful, but having Natalie in our corner has helped us keep moving forward. She has been responsive from the moment we met, answering all of our questions (big and small) with kindness and timeliness, and has provided us with so many vendor connections along the way. The conversations I’ve had with vendors thus far indicate that Natalie is held in high regard by her industry colleagues -- “I love working with Natalie” is something I’ve heard multiple times now! And it’s true. It’s been a pleasure to work with her and I highly, highly, highly recommend reaching out to her!

United States National Arboretum's reply:

Laura, thank you for this wonderful review! We so appreciate it and can't wait for your wedding. You are in excellent hands with your vendors and your patience during this pandemic is inspiring!
  • Olivia
    Olivia Married on 05/23/2021

Perfect Venue!

Choosing the National Arboretum for our ceremony venue was the best wedding decision my husband and I made! If you love the outdoors and nature, look no further. We had our ceremony and a champagne toast in the Herb Garden and it was perfect for our micro wedding. The arboretum is a magical place, and Natalie and her team made our wedding day go so smoothly. We’re so thankful!
    Jennifer G. Married on 05/22/2021

Stunning Venue, Great Experience

Having our anniversary party at the Arboretum was MAGICAL, and Natalie is FANTASTIC to work with! After two wedding cancellations due to COVID, my husband and I were very hesitant to schedule yet a third date. However, after stumbling across that the Arboretum does weddings (one of our favorite spots in DC), we couldn't resist and it was a great decision.

If you haven't been to the Arboretum, don't wait any longer. It's a hidden (or not so hidden anymore) gem of DC perfect for weddings. The grounds are gorgeous, and there are so many romantic, stunning spots for your first-look, ceremony, and reception. The Arboretum offers multiple wedding options that accommodate different needs and budgets.

Leading up to our anniversary party and at the event, Natalie (runs private events for the Arboretum) was a dream to work with. She's friendly, genuine, super responsive, accommodating, and a problem solver. She made our day stress-free and helped us to enjoy every moment of it.

We cannot recommend the Arboretum enough to newly engaged couples - you'd be lucky to get married there!
    Allison Married on 05/21/2021

Fantastic Experience!

The Arboretum was the perfect place for a wedding--especially one planned during COVID uncertainty. Natalie was the most helpful, both during the planning process and during the actual event. She worked with us when we were able to invite more guests, provided vendor recommendations, and even helped clear the chairs at the end of the ceremony. The location was wonderful, and Natalie made sure everything went smoothly
  • Emileigh
    Emileigh C. Married on 10/10/2020

Wonderful micro-wedding at Arboretum

Getting married at the Arboretum was wonderful! The day was so beautiful and our guests also really enjoyed themselves at such a historic and lovely location. The photos we've seen so far from our early October wedding have blown us away so much that we can't wait to go back and reminisce. In fact, our biggest regret is how quick our micro-wedding was. We would have loved to spend even more of our day at the Arboretum - it was just perfect location and it felt special to start our life together while supporting a (USDA) National Park!

And, a BIG shout out to our wonderful venue coordinator, Natalie! I got my veil caught in a bush right before walking up to the altar and Natalie rushed over to help me. I will never forget that and her helpfulness! We also forgot our flower petals for our ceremony exit and Natalie rushed my fiance over to the guest center and back before we could blink to help us fix the problem! She is great.

For couples considering the Arboretum, we say go for it! It will be so special and you will love the location. One last tip, I'd also suggest coordinating through your photographer for a professional videographer. We regret not having done that, but everything else was great.
  • I
    Izzy R. Married on 09/26/2020

Gorgeous and practical

It’s beautiful, affordable, and great customer service! COVID destroyed our plans for our original wedding in Germany, then I stumbled on the Arboretum and it was a no-brainer. I was a bit nervous about the uncertainty that comes with an outdoor wedding and even though it rained IMMEDIATELY after my wedding party left and it was overcast all day, our pictures were phenomenal. The cost was completely reasonable for our little minimony of 15 people, and it was just a beautiful intimate setting to match the ceremony. Also, Natalie was absolutely great to work with. Super sweet, and communicated often.

United States National Arboretum's reply:

Izzy, thank you for the kind review and sharing these images. Your family if beautiful and we are so happy we could accommodate your adjusted plans and create a beautiful memory!