271 Reviews for UNIQUE SOUNDS ENTERTAINMENT & EVENT PROFESSIONALS

Projector (3)
Flat Screen (2)
Video Projection (1)
271 UNIQUE SOUNDS ENTERTAINMENT & EVENT PROFESSIONALS Reviews

DJ Chris Chappell was absolutely amazing. He had energy and enthusiasm from the beginning to the end of the night. DJ Chris Chappell had great interaction with all my guests and had them moving all night long from the tables to dance floor. I had family members who don't normally dance on the dance floor all night long. I'm still getting messages from guests about how great DJ Chris Chappell was and how much fun they had at my wedding. DJ Chris Chappell took my wedding to another level. Highly recommended... Thank You Thank you Thank You amazing job !!!!

Profile Picture Marc, 3/9/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Unique Sounds Entertainment provided DJ services for our wedding. They were professional, responsive, and extremely prepared. DJ Chris Chappell was outstanding and a pleasure to work with. He was courteous, knowledgable, and very talented. It was clear his number one priority was catering to us and ensuring our guests had a great time. Would recommend to anyone; you will not be disappointed.

Profile Picture Eva, 3/2/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

DJ Chris’ energy and enthusiasm made our wedding amazing! We are still receiving compliments about how much fun everyone had. Chris helped us frontload formalities like speeches, parent dances, and cake cutting so that the dance party could last all night. We loved how he wove our requests with wonderful, similar music, and how he played awesome slower songs over dinner service, transitioned to faster oldies, and then broke out the contemporary hits. We had everyone from the kids to the older folks dancing all night. Thank you, Chris!

Profile Picture Erin, 1/13/18, 10 Reviews
Category: DJ

Unique Sounds Entertainment had done a friend's wedding last year and as soon as we booked our date, we reached out. Meeting with Jon in person really helped to personalize the experience and figure out what we really needed. We ended up booking DJ Gary, who provided music for our ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception as well as uplighting. Gary made us feel extremely comfortable - he was both personable as well as professional and he put our mind at ease that the day would be perfect (and it was!). Music had always been one of the most memorable parts of every wedding we've been to and Gary delivered. Our guests were out dancing from when dinner ended to the last song. If you are looking for a professional, established DJ that can get your guests up and dancing, we would highly recommend booking Unique Sounds Entertainment...especially Gary!

Profile Picture Sarah, 11/11/17, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

Gary was our DJ and he was awesome! After meeting with him for the first time we felt totally comfortable trusting him with our wedding day and had no worries knowing he was our DJ! He did an amazing job and made sure everything ran smoothly.

Profile Picture Michelle, 10/28/17, 6 Reviews
Category: DJ

If you want a DJ/MC with a ton of energy and a super professional company that you can trust - then you can't go wrong with Unique Sounds! We had the pleasure of having DJ Lou Pereira for our wedding in Newport and he is awesome at DJing, but also a fantastic MC - his voice is perfect for it! He really knows how to get the crowd engaged and excited. I loved all the music Lou played and he was great sticking to all of my specific requests. My husband and I were so thrilled to have Lou and Blake (Lou's assistant) - I wish I could have them DJ at every wedding I attend in the future. Hire Unique Sounds!

Profile Picture Alexis, 10/28/17, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

We recently just had our wedding this past weekend 10/14/2017, and everyone had the same response to our DJ from Unique Sounds "your DJ was awesome, we loved him". We were lucky enough to watch DJ Lou entertain at a wedding just before getting engaged ourselves and hands down we knew that we didn't want anyone else when it came time to pick our own DJ. From the first meetings, to the scheduling staff, to the final moments of our last song on the dance floor the entire Unique Sounds staff made us feel like we were their top priority. As for DJ Lou, his mix of song choices coupled with the energy he brought, our guests (ourselves included) did not want to leave the dance floor all night no matter how tired/sore/sweaty we were. A big thank you to DJ Lou and Unique Sounds for making an amazing night for us that everyone will remember.

Profile Picture nicholas, 10/14/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

DJ Chris Chappell, from Unique Sounds, was the DJ at my wedding last week. He was hands down, one of the most incredible DJ’s. Our dance floor was packed the entire night, and people that never dance were up there dancing!!! We are so glad to have chosen Unique Sounds as our entertainment, and recommend them to everyone. Thank you for making our wedding the best.

Profile Picture Nicole, 10/7/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Microphones, Photobooth, Projector, Sound/PA System, Uplighting

Honestly, we were worried we spent more than we wanted on a DJ. But we were not disappointed whatsoever, DJ Alex was amazing! He was helpful with song selections and flow of the night and everyone loved him! Highly recommend, well worth the money!

Profile Picture User7143938, Recently Married, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

DJ Gary from Unique Sounds was amazing! Leading up to the wedding he was super easy to work with. From the moment we sat down he made us confident that we were in good hands! He was even able to edit our first dance song to remove 30 seconds from the middle of the song to really make the song perfect for us! On the wedding day he had the dance floor packed from the moment the reception started to the final song. Dozens of guests came up to us saying how much fun they had or how great the DJ was! Big big thank you to Gary for making our day so special and for making it everything we could have dreamed of!

Profile Picture Jaime, 10/7/17, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, MC, One Event Per Day, Microphones, Sound/PA System

DJ Jon Smith was absolutely amazing. He was readily available whenever I needed him throughout the year before wedding. Any question/comment/thought or crazy song I wanted, he worked with me on! I had a specific entrance in mind, mixed up of two songs and he made it happen. Everyone was on their feet the second the wedding started and barely sat down to eat. I had seen him before at my cousins wedding and was it would be just as fun and he didn't disappoint. It was the best night of my life and I would recommend him to anyone who has family and friends who love to dance and want to have a great time!!

Profile Picture Katrina, 9/30/17, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Do-Not-Play List, MC

My husband and I were very impressed with our DJ, Jon Smith at our wedding. Everything was great, from his professionalism, friendliness, to him getting everyone up on the dance floor after dinner, as well as keeping the dance floor completely full for the entire night. We had the best time at our wedding with a big thanks to our DJ. Every single person we spoke to that night mention how amazing our DJ was and that the play list was the best they have ever heard at a wedding. We even had one of our guests, who is a DJ himself, comment that Jon was the best he has ever heard at a wedding, and any event he has been too. We cannot thank unique sounds enough for being a part of our special day and making our wedding day unforgettable. I highly recommend this company for your wedding, especially DJ Jon Smith, you will not be disappointed! Thank you!

Jeremy & Nicole Bragg
09.30.17

Photo for UNIQUE SOUNDS ENTERTAINMENT & EVENT PROFESSIONALS Review - Thanks to Jon for suggesting this photo be taken!
Profile Picture Nicole, 9/30/17, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Consultation

We hired DJ Gary Lombard for our wedding reception and he was the best DJ we could have hoped for! Everyone had an amazing time at the reception and absolutely loved how he kept the party going! We all had so much fun dancing the night away and the music selection Gary picked really fit the crowd. He did an excellent job keeping us informed of the game plan for the night, and checked in with to make sure we were having a good time and were happy with how things were going.

When we were first trying to pick a DJ for the wedding, we knew we were in good hands when we met with the owner, DJ Jon Smith. It was clear that Jon has a great group of DJs working for him, and that they all know how to make an event really fun. We never needed to worry about having to do corny games or activities during the reception, because we knew that Jon and Gary just weren't those type of guys. Gary was able to get every single person up and excited, dancing around the tables, twirling napkins above their heads, having dance-offs - all without us feeling like the situation was forced or inauthentic. Gary genuinely cares about all of us having a good time and he did an amazing job making sure that our wedding reception was simply perfect! We could not have hoped for a better experience, and we would recommend Unique Sounds Entertainment to anyone looking for DJ services for their special event!

Profile Picture Lauren, 9/30/17, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

DJ Chris Chappell did our wedding 9/29/17 in Newport, RI. He was super easy to work with and made sure to check in with us periodically during the evening. Several of our guests decided last minute that they wanted to make speeches which weren't already in the wedding timeline, which started to stress me out. But Chris was able to accommodate this and somehow make it flow seamlessly. He also played a CD that my dad brought with a special arrangement for our father-daughter dance, which I'm beyond grateful for because it created a wonderful memory with my dad. DJ Chris stuck to my requested playlist and definitely didn't play anything from my "do not play" list, which was a relief! He kept the energy going even with a small crowd to work with, and everybody is still talking about how it's one of the best (if not THE best) wedding they've been to! From the initial consultation in their professional, upscale studio to the followup after the big day, my husband and I are very impressed and completely satisfied with the quality that Unique Sounds has to offer.

Profile Picture Alicia, 9/29/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

DJ Alex put together an amazing set and kept the dance floor packed all night. His preparation in working with us was amazing. He made sure to listen to what our vision for the evening was but also injected in his own professional opinions and experiences. I booked him after seeing him spin at another friend's wedding and could not be happier that he was part of our big day!

Profile Picture Colby, 9/23/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Dj Gary was awesome. He defiantly made our wedding. People kept coming up to us asking where we found him. I'm so happy we went with them. They know how to get the party started!!!

Profile Picture Kaitlyn, 9/15/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor

DJ Jon Smith from Unique Sounds made our wedding a night to remember. The guests raved about the music selection and couldn't stop talking about how much fun they were having. Jon Smith has an ability to read the crowd and know exactly what to not only keep the party going but to take it to the next level. I highly recommend this company for your wedding or any party needs. The music sets the tone and Unique Sounds nailed it.

Profile Picture Kristina, 9/9/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Unique sounds was amazing!!! DJ Lou was great. He talked to us like we were friends. We were so happy with the level of service we received. They worked my cousin's wedding and I knew I had to have them. Not only did they do a terrific job at my wedding with keeping the party going and everyone moving. They stepped in to make sure that everything ran on time and picked up some slack left behind from our wedding coordinator. Thank you so much for making our day wonderful!!!

Profile Picture Erika, 9/8/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC

We had the great pleasure of having DJ Chris attend our wedding on September 3rd, 2017. We could not even begin to imagine what a more ideal experience could possibly be like. Chris was beyond polite, had a perfect read on the party, set the ideal tone throughout the night, and kept the fun rolling! Would highly recommend Unique Sounds and Chris to everyone! Naina & Justin.

Profile Picture Justin, 9/3/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Gary Lombard was a top notch DJ!
We were so relaxed knowing that he was going to make everything perfect and have everyone on the dance floor!

Profile Picture Mary, 9/2/17, 10 Reviews
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor
Services Used: One Event Per Day, Sound/PA System

Looking for vendors was stressful, luckily I found Unique Sounds. They are a preferred vendor, but I wanted to be sure so I did some research and found amazing reviews. I made an appointment through their online portal which was pretty easy to use and spoke with Jon Smith. He was very informative and very nice over the phone. I ended up choosing DJ Chris because of his experience and because of the pricing. I spoke to a few other competitors but the price could not be beat. They have an online portal that could help you organize your whole night and even was great reminders in case we forgot any songs for any events during that night. When my fiancé met Chris he was the best! He was knowledgable about all genres of music and so patient with us when we couldn't decide on songs. He gave great suggestions that actually became our picks and was honest. He also made sure he knew how to pronounce all the names during the intro, a true perfectionist!

Forward to the day of the wedding, Chris was already at the venue setting up with his assistant. He was great being the MC and making sure I was okay with any timeline or any changes. He also def got the whole party going. I had many compliments on the music choices and the DJ being so upbeat. The dance floor did not stop until the end of the night when the wedding was over. I highly recommend booking from Unique Sounds for their professionalism and their expertise. I know I don't regret it!

I also booked the videography, who is an independent vendor but goes through Unique Sounds. I found their short film and was impressed by the work. Since I saw great reviews, I knew I would be in good hands. Kevin and Sam are great! They called us a few days before the big day to clarify all the details and made sure it was everything we wanted. They were a blast to work with and super down to earth. Since my ceremony consisted of a Chinese Traditional Tea Ceremony, they were able to accommodate the timing and all the traveling.

Profile Picture Lisa, 9/2/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ, Videography

We had such a great experience with Unique Sounds and DJ Alex. From the first day we called to get some info right up until our wedding day, we knew we could contact them with any questions or concerns. Alex was very attentive and responsive to our specific requests. Our guests were out of their seats and dancing right from the start, which is exactly what we wanted!! We really can't recommend this vendor enough!

Profile Picture Sandra, 8/26/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

DJ Lou was amazing! We had a fantastic time on our wedding day 8/18/17. Lou spent extra time prior to the wedding helping us with one of our requests for our introduction and first dance. He is fun, professional and has a passion for music. You can't go wrong with Lou!!! :)

Profile Picture Lisa, 8/18/17, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

The guys at Unique Sounds Entertainment were absolutely phenomenal every way possible! DJ Lou had everybody at our wedding involved and the music was perfect. Not a dull moment all night! They were very accommodating with all of our wants throughout the planning process and on the day itself. Could not have been happier with these guys! Would highly recommend these guys for your wedding or any other event you're planning!

Profile Picture Jesse, 7/29/17, 1 Review