UNIQUE SOUNDS ENTERTAINMENT & EVENT PROFESSIONALS Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2012 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2011 Winner

• Jessica
    Jessica R. Getting married on 08/03/2022

These DJs know how to throw a party!

DJ Jon Clough went above and beyond to make sure he executed our vision, which was very specific. He took the time to meet with us by phone and in person to make sure he understood exactly what we wanted (and didn't want) for our wedding. We are beyond happy with the work he performed for our day. The ceremony and reception music was perfect, the party was fun, and Jon is very clear on the microphone. That has always been important to me, because who wants to hear a muffled DJ? I recommend DJ Jon Clough and Unique Sounds to anyone who is looking for attention to detail, and for people who like to dance and party!
    Ginny D. Married on 05/08/2022

Above & Beyond

We hired DJ Blake and it was the best decision we made. Planning a wedding during Covid was awful but every time we reached out to Blake he helped us navigate our way - even if it wasn't DJ specific related - and assisted us however he could. I'm natually a 'control freak' but with Blake I was able to let go and had full confidence he would deliver exactly what we were looking for. With the additional wedding stress that came from Covid, one of the best feelings was not having to worry about anything music/MC related. His energy, personality, and most importantly his ability to read a room was exactly what we were looking for and we wouldn't have changed a thing - seriously! Everyone commented on how great his energy was and his way of getting people out of their seats and on to the dance floor - our photographer even took his card because they enjoyed worked with him. Blake even came to our rehearsal to run through some things with us that would be different because of Covid regulations! He put in all the effort to help make our day smooth and I truly don't think it would have been the same without him. If you want the full package from start to finish and someone who truly loves what they do and delivered exceptional service you don't need to look any further. I couldn't recommend DJ Blake or Unique Sounds enough!!! We are beyond happy with them!
  • Rob
    Rob P. Married on 01/16/2022

Easy to work with, fantastic at what they do

DJ Alex was fantastic, and left us completely at ease. He answered all of our questions, including ones we didn't think to ask. He checked in with us a couple of weeks before the date to re-confirm details, which was especially helpful due to COVID/Omicron causing our party numbers to fluctuate last-minute.

On the day-of, Alex and Mark were complete pros and everything went super smoothly. They set the vibe immediately, and helped to get people excited/dancing. We could not be happier with how our experience turned out, and our wedding wouldn't have been as successful without Alex.

Before/beyond Alex, the process with Unique Sounds was super easy. I believe I worked mostly with Blake before being paired with Alex (Blake's recommendation -- spot on!), and he was great as well. The online system was super easy to use, and helped us plan out the agenda for the day and the music.

I super duper recommend Unique Sounds, and Alex specifically.
    Rebecca Married on 12/11/2021

Fantastic, exceeded expectations

Unique Sounds was a fantastic choice! My husband and I were SO HAPPY with our DJ Blake and the service we received on our special day. He was professional, accommodating, and enthusiastic! Blake made sure that our wedding night was one to remember. All our guests had a blast! His goal was to make sure our wedding guests had an enjoyable experience!
  • Andrea
    Andrea G. Married on 12/04/2021

Amazing company

We went to a friends wedding who used Unique Sounds as their DJ and they did such a good job that we knew we used them at our wedding. Blake was amazing from start to finish! He listened to exactly what kind of music we wanted and had great energy the day of the wedding. Everyone was dancing the whole night which is exactly what we wanted! He also walked us through how first dances, entrances etc. would work so we knew what to expect. Highly recommend unique sounds for your wedding entertainment!
    James A. Married on 11/06/2021

Dj Blake is not just a Dj. He’s an entertainer!

We hired Dj Blake for our wedding. He was always available by text, email, or phone call. He’s very easy to talk to and I quickly felt like I was talking to an old friend. We went over a lot about the wedding but also shared some personal stories. He has contagious energy and quickly got everyone involved at the wedding. He started this table captain game that got the place dancing and laughing. We got many compliments on him and will definitely recommend him to family and friends.
  • Brittany
    Brittany A. Married on 11/05/2021

Unique Sounds is 10/10

DJ Jon from Unique Sounds was AMAZING. He was so kind, professional, and fun! All our guests raved about the music selection all night, he got the guests dancing and having fun immediately, and he played all the songs we requested. The timing of everything was perfect, there was no awkward down time, and he made announcements at the appropriate time and didn't hog the microphone like I've seen other DJ's do! DJ Jon was the DJ for our friends wedding as well 2 years ago and he was amazing there too! I can't say enough good things about Jon and his company. Highly recommend!
  • Amy
    Amy H. Married on 10/09/2021

The Best DJ!!

We had DJ Jon Smith for our wedding and he was amazing. He was very helpful with the whole process and made it easy for us. The dance floor was packed the whole night and our friends and family all said he was one of the best DJs. Definitely book DJ Jon Smith for your wedding.
  • Angela
    Angela A. Married on 09/19/2021

Outstanding!

DJ Jon was amazing! He collaborated a great selection of music to our interest in styles as well as guests requests. Everyone was on the dance floor all night long. In addition, we added the uplighting package to set the mood which did not hinder the French inspired reception room. Even two weeks later, guests were raving about the music and lighting. Highly recommend both DJ and uplighting package!
    Jessica G. Married on 09/18/2021

Unique Sounds DJ

Jon Clough was our dj from unique sounds and we couldn’t be any happier with how it went! He did such a great job keeping our dance floor full for the entire reception! I would highly recommend him to anyone looking for a wedding dj!
    Megan B. Married on 09/04/2021

Fantastic DJ!

Alex was terrific. From the start he was available to talk or text with any questions or concerns. He is super friendly and put us at ease with the process. During our ceremony we had decided not to use a microphone because it was windy and we didn’t feel like we needed it. We were wrong and Alex was right there with a microphone set up and ready to go to make sure our day was perfect. Our guests loved the music and lights he provided and danced the night away! We are very happy we hired Alex and highly recommend him.
  • Kristina
    Kristina Married on 09/04/2021

Absolutely fantastic

I had Barry and he was Amazing! He worked with us to make this great and exactly what we wanted. My guest loved how interactive he was and how involved he got them in the introductions and the centerpiece giveaway was a hit! I highly recommend Uniques Sounds if your looking for a great Dj because their also great people even Blake in the office who is also a Dj who I got to know these are some really really great people over at Unique sounds genuine good people. Thank you Barry! Best regards Kristina n Lenny
  • Ashley
    Ashley M. Married on 08/21/2021

Fantastic! 100% recommend booking

We had DJ Jon Smith for our wedding this past weekend. He knew exactly how to get people on the dance floor and played the best songs! I have never seen some of my family dance the way they did that night. Jon was also very helpful with keeping the wedding organized when things were running a little behind. The company was also very responsive during the planning. Definitely recommend. Thanks again Jon!
    Ashley K. Married on 08/14/2021

Last minute!

Talk about luck. This company saved my butt for my wedding. My first DJ ghosted us and we were at a lost, since it was two months before my wedding. My photographer suggested this company and we were luckyyy. Someone had my back. Gary was the only one available and i am so thankful!!!!! I cannot say enough good things about this guy!!! He had everybody on the dance floor the music was an amazing! I wish I found him sooner then dealing with the head ache from our original guy!!! I recommend him to everyone that I know is planning a wedding !!! 10000 % the best company
  • Mary
    Mary M. Married on 07/17/2021

Dj blake was awesome

DJ Blake was out of this world awesome. He was so professional, easy to work with, and felt genuinely excited to be part of our day. In our meetings with Blake, we mentioned a LOT of special ideas -- first dance outside (regular dance floor inside), family Irish step dance mid-celebration, the ringbearer opening the dance floor with the mic and a song from the lion king, and a few special request songs that I knew would bring certain groups to the dance floor at different points in the night. Blake handled ALL of these requests and was so pumped to make our vision for the dance party come to life. Guests of all ages complimented Blake in the days after the wedding saying that he was an awesome DJ and they had a blast dancing the night away. We cannot recommend Blake enough!!!
    Erin K. Married on 07/17/2021

Best Wedding Entertainment

DJ Jon Smith was professional and amazing. He had our guests dancing even before dinner was served. He also helped keep our wedding on track despite some hiccups with our wedding party and venue. Our guests keep mentioning how it was the most fun they had at a wedding. Choosing Unique Sounds Entertainment was one of the best decisions we made regarding our wedding!
    Julia G. Married on 07/15/2021

DJ Alex Dias was excellent!

We worked with Alex Dias from Unique Sounds. I cannot fully explain in words how thrilled we are with the job he did! From start to finish, he was detail orientated , well organized and energetic. He agreed to meet with us over zoom for our final details meeting and went through the timeline of our wedding from beginning to end. At the wedding, he ran the entire show for us and not only had our guests dancing for 3.5 hours straight, but was an excellent announcer. Two weeks later and we are STILL receiving texts and comments from our guests about how we had the best DJ at a wedding they have ever been too (I am not exaggerating about this)!

My husband was especially happy that Alex stayed committed to our "no play list" even though one of the guests decided to make it his job to try to convince Alex to play a song on that list. Alex endured this guest with a smile and a laugh and stayed true to our wishes. Very impressive!

I hands down would recommend Alex Dias from Unique Sounds to anyone searching or on the fence about a DJ. You will not regret it and he will have you worry free on your big day!
  • Matt
    Matt A. Married on 07/11/2021

DJ Blake is awesome!

DJ Blake was amazing at our wedding! His energy helped our guests get excited and have a great time! Many people commented on how great he was. Blake also made the planning process very easy. He listened to what we were looking for and made our special day wonderful! Absolutely recommend him and the team at Unique Sounds!
  • Jennifer
    Jennifer L. Married on 06/19/2021

You want your dance floor packed all night- You need to hire DJ Blake!!!

I had the pleasure of working with DJ Blake, from Unique Sounds Entertainment. DJ Blake has the best energy, you can tell he really LOVEs what he does. DJ Blake was there for me every step of the way, he kept saying I got your back, it was just really nice meeting someone in the wedding industry who cared about how my wedding was gonna go just as much as me. From the first interaction he actually had me picture my wedding night reception with the lights the music and even the entertainment, Blake got me sooo excited I just had to sign up right up. Fast forward to the wedding reception and DJ Blake delivered just as promised, the whole night ran smoothly thanks to him, the up lightening was awesome, the photo booth apparently was a huge hit and oh did I mention from the first song to the last he got everyone on the dance floor till the last song. I never realized how much a DJ can make or break your night, well let me tell you DJ Blake made my whole wedding reception a HUGE hit that my guests are still saying "this was one of the best weddings Ive ever been too, your DJ is incredible!"
    Thanks Blake, what can I say your the best of the best!!! :)
  • Nicole
    Nicole P. Married on 06/12/2021

Wonderful, they definitely make the bride and groom the priority!

Very professional and helpful, great communication- all around great time!
    Liz Married on 03/04/2021

Highly Recommend!

DJ Jon Smith is the absolute BEST. We cannot say enough good things about him and Unique Sounds Entertainment. From start to finish, they provided high-touch support, were always available for phone calls and questions, and made us feel 100% confident in their ability. The wedding itself was absolute perfection -- Jon did both our ceremony music and our reception -- we would not have changed a thing. He was incredibly professional and engaging. Most of all, he had the crowd on their feet the entire night -- literally, until the last song. People danced the entire night. 10 out of 10!!! Would absolutely recommend DJ Jon Smith!
    Kristen Q. Married on 03/02/2021

Amazing DJ

Chris was absolutely amazing and fun!! People were dancing all night and having a blast. They also did the photobooth and uplighting at the venue the guests loved the photobooth and my daughter got all the pictures sent to her to enjoy!! Thank you again!!
  • Jordan
    Jordan Married on 11/07/2020

Easy to work with

We had our initial meeting with DJ Jon Smith. We knew that we wanted to use DJ Alex Dias. He was the DJ at my sister-in-law's wedding and he was great! The entire process (even with COVID) was extremely easy. After the initial meeting with Jon there was no need to meet again in person, everything could be done over the phone or by video call. We booked DJ services for our ceremony and reception. We also booked the up lighting for our reception.
  • Jonathan
    Jonathan M. Married on 10/03/2020

Amazing DJ Made for Amazing Wedding!

We highly, highly recommend DJ Gary and Unique Sounds. DJ Gary greatly exceeded our expectations. We had a small crowd of ~40 people, half in their thirties and half 60+, at a Sunday evening wedding. We expected a handful of people to dance for perhaps an hour. DJ Gary managed to keep >30 people on the dance floor for the entire 2+ hour dance time! We couldn’t believe it. His mix of songs were absolutely great for all age groups and the energy never dipped for a second. DJ Gary also went above-and-beyond in overcoming some obstacles from our venue to ensure his setup for our ceremony was perfect, and made for a great experience. DJ Gary was also extremely professional and personable. Fantastic experience!
    Anna N. Married on 08/29/2020

Best DJ in the game!

We booked Alex with Unique Sounds due to our best man and MOH booking them five years earlier for their wedding! We were absolutely blown away by how amazing they were! I don’t think anyone left the dance floor all night unless it was to get another drink LOL! Party was amazing and seriously far exceeded our expectations, it was a dream! Thank you Alex and crew for keeping the party going nonstop, and for making the best day of our lives!!