Unique Romance Travel & Destination Weddings Reviews

Unique Romance Travel & Destination Weddings 5
Unique Romance Travel & Destination Weddings 6
Unique Romance Travel & Destination Weddings 7

VICTORIA · event on: 08/09/2015

My husband and I had such an amazing time in Moorea and Bora Bora, it was simply PERFECT! First off, we wanted to thank Carla so much for recommending spending half our honeymoon in Moorea. That was the best idea instead of doing the whole thing in Bora Bora. Both islands were beautiful, just heavenly and relaxing! We definitely would go back to both islands again but in the future! Maybe for our 10 year anniversary ;)
    Both resorts was amazing and made our honeymoon the ultimate experience. Very accommodating with practically everything and made us feel very important. We absolutely loved it!!!
    But all this would not have been possible without Carla's expertise, we appreciate everything she set up. Right when we arrived in Papeete everything was so smooth and no stress! It was such a relaxing travel! And you definitely earned our future business and we've already referred you to a few of our friends who are now engaged and looking at exotic honeymoons!
    A little background of how we met with Carla from Unique Romance Travel:
    We met Carla's energetic personality at the Seattle Wedding Show where I stumbled upon her booth and discussed with her our interests of going to Bora Bora for our honeymoon. Right away I could tell she had a lot of experienced with the Tahitian islands since she's vacation there many times. We knew we found the right person to help us. After our initial discussion, we communicated through email and Carla was very helpful in booking our flights and bungalows right away within our budget. After receiving our itinerary it was great to see how organized everything was and how we didn't have to worry about one thing. Thanks again Carla!!!

Sent on 09/11/2015

Unique Romance Travel & Destination Weddings's reply:

Thank you so much Victoria. You were a joy to work with, and thank you for allowing me to be part of this very special trip. I look forward to many years working with the two of you, planning future vacations.

Ana · Married on 07/21/2018

Best Travel Agency Ever

My husband and I had the most incredible honeymoon, thanks to Unique Romance Travel and our agent, Susie. Wedding planning and everything leading up to the big day was very, very stressful, but planning our honeymoon never was. Susie helped us choose a destination that was perfect for our budget and interests. We mentioned our love of cooking and food, and she found us a PERFECT resort that offered gourmet food, and even cooking classes. It was like a match made in heaven! Susie made sure that our entire experience was stress-free, from the airport/hotel transfers, to booking tours and everything in between. She was only a text away during our whole trip and answered every single questions we had about tipping locals, arranging transportation, and so much more. My husband and I have never been on such a relaxing trip. It was exactly what we needed after our wedding! Thank you Susie, and Unique Romance Travel! You're the best!!!

Sent on 10/17/2018

Unique Romance Travel & Destination Weddings's reply:

Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know you enjoyed your special trip! We are very grateful, and hope to be able to help you with all of your future travel needs.

Congrats on your wedding, and new life as husband and wife!

Apryl · Married on 04/13/2018

Julie Frederick was hands-down the best thing that happened to us when we wanted to book a destination wedding. My fiancé at the time found her online and I was a hesitant bride to be, to say the least. However, she exceeded our expectations with getting everything booked with the resort at a super discounted rate! We ended up booking Now Onyx in Punta Cana after we had Julie price a few other resorts out. She was available at ALL times of the day and by text, phone call or email. There were a few hiccups once some of our guests arrived but the resort overbooked the rooms and Julie did what she could do given the situation, time constraints and language barrier. Overall, everyone was very pleased with Julie's exceptional service from day one, to even after we were home and settled in as husband and wife. We have and will continue to recommend her to anyone looking to book a destination wedding. She made it seem flawless and so easy!

Sent on 09/10/2018
    Unique Romance Travel & Destination Weddings 8
    Unique Romance Travel & Destination Weddings 9
    Unique Romance Travel & Destination Weddings 10

Unique Romance Travel & Destination Weddings's reply:

Thank you, Apryl! I really appreciate the trust you put in me to make sure your wedding was everything you wanted it to be. You and Ryan were so easygoing and a true pleasure to work with. I'm so happy I was able to help you plan and execute the wedding of your dreams, and I look forward to helping you plan your next adventures as husband and wife!

Sarah · Married on 01/20/2018

We used Carla for our January Azul Sensatori wedding. She was great to work with and kept a steady flow of communication through the entire process. She even handled our difficult relatives with ease :) She had a good knowledge of all different venues and helped pick out the perfect one for our needs!

Sent on 07/15/2018

Unique Romance Travel & Destination Weddings's reply:

Thank you Sarah! Your friends and family were wonderful to work with, and knowing that you had the wedding that you wanted is very important to me!!
    Congrats, and I look forward to helping you with many more vacations, making memories that last forever!!

Philip · Married on 12/09/2017

My honeymoon was so easy to plan and everything went great! I told them what my hotel preferences were and they did the rest! Flight, hotel, train, and tours were all setup and ready for us! Thank you Unique Romance Travel! Definitely a romantic honeymoon!!

Sent on 12/22/2017

Unique Romance Travel & Destination Weddings's reply:

Thank you Philip for trusting in us for your very special trip. It was such a pleasure working with you, and congratulations on your Marriage and new life! We look forward to helping you plan many more memorable trips.
    Sincerley,

katie · Married on 12/01/2017

Long story short, Julie is absolutely amazing and I would 100% recommend her to anyone planning a wedding or vacation. She is incredibly professional, thoughtful and organized and truly made my wedding an absolute dream.

Planning a destination wedding is no easy feat, but Julie truly made it as seamless as possible. Julie's expertise of the Cancun area was wildly helpful and she had a number of amazing suggestions for me as I was looking for venues. Once I had decided on a location she made my life so much easier by coordinating with the resort to take care all of the fine print and details that can be overwhelming when you're trying to plan a wedding! Finally, she also took care of coordinating the rooms and payments for all of my family and friends (which is a huge task by itself)- and they also only had wonderful things to say!

If you are thinking about planning a destination wedding (which I also recommend - so much fun!) I would look no further, you will be in great hands with Julie and she is the best person to help you make that dream become a reality!

Sent on 09/09/2018
    Unique Romance Travel & Destination Weddings 11

Unique Romance Travel & Destination Weddings's reply:

Thank you, Katie!! I am so happy we were able to work together to achieve your dream wedding. Your friends and family were great, and made my job so easy. I especially loved being able to pop over and see you prior to the wedding. You were a gorgeous bride and I look forward to helping you plan many more adventures as husband and wife!

Shelbi · Married on 11/11/2017

Carla and her team were attentive to our needs and truly explained try process of using them for our travel agent during our destination wedding. They were so attentive and so accommodating to our large group. She helped advocate for us and confirm that we got exactly what we were hoping to get. I feel like I could talk to carla about everything. I would choose them again and again if I could go back!

Sent on 12/13/2017

Thank you Shelbi!
    You are part of my family now, and I thank you for letting me be part of an amazing event in your life!
    I look forward to many more memories being made.

Lauren · Married on 09/02/2017

We will continue to use you for our travelling needs in the future! Nothing but good experiences. Thank you very much!

Sent on 11/14/2017

Unique Romance Travel & Destination Weddings's reply:

You and Jennifer are awesome! Thank you, and I look forward to working with you two again, to make some new memories

Tiffany · Married on 07/08/2017

Julie went over and beyond to make our wedding day everything we dreamed of. I would absolutely recommend her to anyone planning a destination wedding or vacation. From the time we first spoke to the time we met, we immediately connected.

Julie has incredible insight on things I wouldn't have thought about. She is professional and isn't afraid to go to bat for you! What I love the most about Julie is her honesty. She will be very upfront with you on everything. There are no blurred lines with her.

Julie's knowledge and experience in the Mexican Riviera and Yucatan is outstanding. Our wedding was held at Secrets Akumal with over 50+ guests. She arranged every call, every email, and left the fun stuff up to us. She took all of the brunt of the questions, concerns, and confusions up with each one of our guests that needed her. She was on-call every time I had my own questions. Needless to say, BEST EXPERIENCE EVER!!!

Sent on 09/11/2018
    Unique Romance Travel & Destination Weddings 12
    Unique Romance Travel & Destination Weddings 13

Unique Romance Travel & Destination Weddings's reply:

Thank you, Tiffany!! Loved helping you and Kim plan your dream wedding, and getting to know all your fun friends and family. The best part for me was that although you started out as clients, you are now family! Such a bonus! Looking forward to helping you both plan many more years of fun travel!

Bhavita · Married on 06/10/2017

My husband and I found Unique Romance Travel by searching for excellent travel agents, and we are so lucky that we found them! Carla and Joanna planned an unforgettable Italy honeymoon for us and were willing to listen to all of our requests. They truly understood what we were looking for. From the hotels, to restaurant recommendations, to transportation services, I feel like they both had focused on all the details necessary to make is trip so amazing for us. I would highly recommend using them to plan any future vacations!

Sent on 07/16/2018

Unique Romance Travel & Destination Weddings's reply:

Thank you so much Bhavita for trusting in us to help make your amazing Italy Honeymoon everything that you had hoped it could be. We look forward to many years of working together with you, for all of your future travel needs!
  • Leahmariee

Leah · Married on 05/20/2017

We used Carla with unique romance with planning our destination wedding to Cancun Mexico. It was a very positive experience from the beginning. Carla always answered all my questions and made me feel at ease with planning a destination wedding. My guests mentioned many times, how easy she made it to book their rooms for our wedding. We had 16 people attend our wedding and there were no glitches at all. All of our rooms were excellent and exactly what we expected. I plan on using Carla and unique romance again to book a trip back soon!

Sent on 10/22/2017
    Unique Romance Travel & Destination Weddings 20
    Unique Romance Travel & Destination Weddings 21
    Unique Romance Travel & Destination Weddings 22

Unique Romance Travel & Destination Weddings's reply:

Thank you so very much Leah! You are an absolutely stunning, beautiful bride and person. I loved working with you and your friends and family, and look forward to many years of helping your make memories that will last forever!
    Big Hugs!

Micayla · Married on 01/20/2017

We used Carla and Unique Romance when planning our destination wedding to Mexico. From the beginning, Carla worked with us to find the perfect area and resort that met our financial needs but still would give a good group rate and have beautiful weddings. Working with Carla was a breeze, she was always quick to respond and would let us know in advance if she would be out of town/when she wouldn’t be available. We met with Carla in person once but the rest was over phone or email which worked well with our schedule. Carla helped to secure the best group rate and extra benefits for the wedding and took care of us and our 60 guests making sure all their deposits/room contract/and transfers were in and correct. This was a HUGE relief otherwise my husband and I would have had to take over that role and it is something extra you don’t want to do deal with while planning a wedding! She also helped contact the resort with little hiccups that came up along the way with my guests. We couldn’t have been happier with the resort we ended up choosing and had an amazing wedding! I would definitely recommend Carla and Unique Romance for your wedding/honeymoon/or any other vacation.

Sent on 02/13/2017

Unique Romance Travel & Destination Weddings's reply:

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!! It means so much to me that you are happy, and your guests had a wonderful time!! I look forward to many years of planning fun, relaxing, exciting vacations for you and Tudor!
    Warmest Regards,

Hung · Married on 12/19/2016

We planned our destination wedding almost a year in advance and it was without a problem. Carla was courteous and met all our expectations. We had an amazing time and would book through her again for future luxury relaxation needs. Work with Carla with confidence.

Sent on 12/31/2016

Unique Romance Travel & Destination Weddings's reply:

It is you and Lina that makes me love what I do!!! I am so happy for the two of you, and look forward to many years of adventure planning with the two of you!!! Congratulations!

Brittney · Married on 11/05/2016

Carla took care of everything for your Honeymoon and it was absolutely amazing! She asked us the right questions and helped us design our dream Honeymoon. We didn't have anything to worry about the entire time. I would refer her and the company to anyone I know about to plan a trip and people getting married. Trust that you are in good hands with Carla!

Sent on 12/20/2016

Unique Romance Travel & Destination Weddings's reply:

Thank you so much Brittney Bourgoin , that makes me very happy, and my wish is that we get to plan many vacations in the future together!!!!

Blake · Married on 07/30/2016

Julie helped us plan and execute all of our destination wedding plans in Cancun at the Dreams Riviera Resort in 2016. From the first meeting, she gave us great considerations and recommendations when narrowing down our selection of resorts which helped lead us to our decision. She had been to nearly every resort that was on our radar, so the insight she provided us was very helpful. My favorite part about working with Julie was the fact that she made our lives as stress free and easy as possible throughout planning process....she handled all the necessary follow ups with our guests (transportation to / from airport, room selection, payment follow ups, etc) which is definitely something you don’t want to waste your time on as the wedding couple. Another thing that stood out to us was how accessible and responsive Julie was; any time we needed to get a hold of her for a question or request, she diligently got back to us in a reasonable timeframe. Following our wedding, Julie followed up to gather our feedback on everything for her own “knowledge bank” to help with future clients- she even sent us a nice wedding gift which was totally unexpected. We were so pleased with our experience with Julie that we referred her to our close friends to help with their destination wedding (Summer 2018). I fully recommend anybody to work with Julie for their destination wedding of any size (ours was about 50 attendees).

Sent on 09/09/2018

Unique Romance Travel & Destination Weddings's reply:

Thank you, Blake! You and Eva were so great to work with, and I truly enjoyed helping you plan your dream wedding. I appreciate the trust and faith you placed in my recommendations and I am thrilled it worked out so well. I look forward to helping you plan many more years of memorable travel!

Sophia · Married on 07/27/2016

(21st Wedding Anniversary)

I met Carla, very briefly, through a mutual friend. She had a very personable and genuine presence. I knew instantly when I'm ready for a "big" vacation, I'll be calling her. I finally called her inquiring about a trip to Bora Bora, with our two boys, for our 21st anniversary. She was very knowledgeable and she presented us with a couple of recommendations that we couldn't resist.
    We couldn't have had a more perfect vacation. The hotel was luxurious, the flight plans were well thought out. The travel alert app she provided was spot on in informing us of gate changes and minor delays. Welcoming garland at Papeete, Tahiti, airport was a pleasant surprise. Excursions she recommended were all incredible experiences. Her relationship with the resort landed us in an amazing over-water bungalow and I could keep on going....
    Thank you Carla Schipper! We had an Absolutely Amazing Vacation and we can't wait to book our next adventure with you!

Sent on 09/02/2016

Unique Romance Travel & Destination Weddings's reply:

Thank you so much Sophia!!! I absolutely loved helping you plan this incredibly special trip with your husband and sons!! Thank you for taking the time to write this review, it is truly appreciated, and I can't wait to plan your next adventure to help make some more memories!!

Eric · Married on 07/16/2016

Carla is amazing! She is the go to person for all your travel needs.

Heather · Married on 06/16/2016

I was a bridesmaid that helped coordinate my brother and sister-in-law 50 person destination wedding in Mexico. I had the easiest job because I basically just funneled everyone to Carla and they took care of the rest! Working with her was seamless, and we ended up having a wonderful wedding in which our friends and family all agreed that we couldn't have planned it any better. Carla and her team arranged our transportation to and from the airport, helped with hotel location choice (we loved the one she helped us decide on!), and any hiccups along the way. She was incredibly responsive, and having a group that was booking from all over the US and internationally, it was reassuring to know that everyone was taken care of. When speaking with the bride after her wedding, we were talking about how most of the time you wish you could just change one thing about the planning or execution of the event, and we both agreed that there was nothing we would have wanted to change about her perfect day. Carla was instrumental in facilitating that and our guests were blown away by the perfect destination wedding!

Sent on 07/24/2016

Unique Romance Travel & Destination Weddings's reply:

Thank you so much Heather!!! You made my job easy, and it was nice working with you as well! So happy that everyone has lifetime memories that will always make them smile!!!!
  • User5191505 · 2+ years ago

5 stars all around. Great response time, very helpful with documentation/payments etc. Also quickly helped us change dates for our stay at the hotel and got us our refund. Excellent service!

Tara · Married on 06/13/2015

Carla and her team are absolutely amazing! We met at the 2014 Seattle Wedding Show when I was planning a long engagement with a destination wedding. Following the wedding show I convinced my then fiance to make the trek to Anacortes so he could meet Carla. After the meeting, he agreed that it was awesome to meet someone who you felt could advocate for you and eliminate some of the wedding prep stress and that we definitely needed her.

Long story short, we got married on June 13th, 2015 in Cabo and couldn't have gotten ourselves and our 50 guests there without her! Throughout the engagement and planning process Carla was responsive and attentive, and just a positive energy in general!

The week before we were supposed to fly to Cabo, there was a hurricane headed to Cabo. Fortunately it was downgraded to a tropical storm and we were only delayed for a day, but Carla was there for us. She was instantly on the phone making sure the resort was aware of our flight status, rescheduling our shuttles, etc. It was great to know that she had our backs!

I would strongly recommend Carla and her company and we will definitely be booking our next vacation through her!

-Tara L.
    Seattle, WA

Sent on 07/08/2015

Unique Romance Travel & Destination Weddings's reply:

Thank you so much Tara! You and Kerstan were absolute diamonds when it comes to a Bride and Groom. YOU two were absolutely amazing to work with, and I look forward to many years of getting to help you, and watch your life grow!

Louis · Married on 06/13/2015

Carla was amazing. I dont know how she did managed all.of our travel plans plans so flawlesslt but she did. It was a stress free for me and i will definatly recommend her to anyone

Sent on 07/14/2015

Unique Romance Travel & Destination Weddings's reply:

Thank you so much for taking the time to give me such a nice review Louis! I truly do appreciate it! It was a pleasure working with you, and I look forward to helping you plan many more memories!

Nick · Married on 11/21/2014

Great experience. No problems during the travel. Exceeded our expectations.

Sent on 12/03/2014

Thank you Nick!

You went to my favorite place on this earth, Tahiti!!! I am so glad that you had a wonderful time, and I look forward to helping you two again with your future travel needs.

Ashley · Married on 09/02/2014

My husband and I needed help planning our honeymoon and we found Carla and read all her wonderful reviews and decided to use her. Carla did a fantastic job! She recommended the best resorts fot Moorea Tahiti and Bora Bora! Everything from transportation to and from where we needed to go to meals and activities was planned out for us. And to top it off she saved us money. She really is so fun to work with. We highly recommend using her services for all your travel plans. We will definitely be using her for our next trip!

Sent on 11/17/2014

Hi Ashley!
    Thank you so much for your awesome review!!! As you know, I LOVE Tahiti and all her islands!

I look forward to working with you again to plan some fun places for you to vacation!

Cheers!
    Carla ;)

Haifa · Married on 08/09/2013

I worked with three travel agents trying to plan my honeymoon and neither of them were getting back to me or finding what I needed. My husband and I were looking to find some place on earth where we can have our own swimming pool and balcony to tan and relax. We also didn't want to travel 24 hours to get there. Carla worked tirelessly and came up with the most amazing destination and we are so thankful to her. We had such an incredible time, ate delicious food, and tried adventures we never thought we'd try. Her responsiveness, professionalism and kindness will keep us planning all our life trips with her.

Sent on 11/06/2013

Unique Romance Travel & Destination Weddings's reply:

Thank you so much!! it was an absolute joy working with you, and I look forward to many years of planning fun destinations together! ;)