Unique Events Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2014 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2013 Winner

Kim H. Married on 05/21/2022

Beautifully designed!

We worked with Ashley and she brought my vision to life and beyond! I was blown away when I saw our reception!! I never expected it to look so amazing and EVERYONE commented on how gorgeous it all was! We are very happy with our choice to use them! Definitely pay extra for the design element!
    Morgan S. Married on 10/02/2021

Exceeded Our Wedding Dreams

All I can say is WOW. From our first consultation, to the planning process, through the execution of our wedding I was absolutely blown away with the design and help with our wedding. I am a huge planner and very organized -- so I didn't think I would need help with our design or set up of our wedding day but let me tell you, I would pay for UE 10X over again. If you don't have Erin in your life, boy do you need to find her for your big day. No matter how much or how little you need her -- she will turn your wedding visions into a complete dream. 10/10 recommend Unique Events. 20/10 recommend Erin Martin. Book early, she's the best!
    Anne L. Married on 09/25/2021

Unique Events- just the best!

Kelli, Ashley, and Travis H. were the dream team for our daughter’s wedding. We rented chairs, bistro lighting, napkins, lanterns, many candles, floral stands, a podium, and so much more, to turn our venue into a wonderland. Kelli was my go-to for everything, Ashley had terrific suggestions and execution for everything and Travis H. was a super DJ; he ran the whole evening and got everyone out on the dance floor. I can’t recommend them all more highly!
    Kylie C. Married on 08/28/2021

DREAM TEAM for the perfect wedding day!!

Erin, Glen & the entire Unique Events team made my wedding day absolutely perfect!!! They were incredibly organized and responsive throughout the planning process. They even completely transformed our venue from ceremony to reception for 275 people in an hour!! The floral and decor were the talk of the day and I cannot recommend Unique Events enough for any and every event you may have! DREAM TEAM!
  • Brooke
    Brooke C. Married on 06/18/2021

Beautiful and stress-free!

We used UE's design service and worked with Ashley Murphy for our wedding day, and could not have been more happy with this decision! Ashley was able to bring my vision to life and then some. I highly recommend working with their team to make your wedding beautiful and stress-free!
  • Morgan
    Morgan B. Married on 05/10/2021

Amazing!

Unique Events helped to make my wedding vision a reality! Erin was fantastic to work with!! She listened to my ideas and helped us to create a design that was elegant, classy & within our budget. Erin also worked really well with my wedding planner so everyone was on the same page. The items we rented were top notch. Erin and UE staff even designed and created a trellis with greenery and Edison bulb lighting to go over the head table. It was gorgeous and exactly what I had envisioned. The most popular item that we rented however was the LED dance floor. It was a HUGE hit! Everyone loved it and our dance floor was filled until the end of the night. I would absolutely recommend Unique Events for your wedding reception or event. They are A+
  • Mary
    Mary B. Married on 02/10/2021

Amazing!!!!!

Unique Events is amazing! They exceeded our expectations in every aspect. Hannah was so great to work with, responsive and so helpful. I highly recommend Unique Events!!! Don’t go anywhere else.
  • Shelli
    Shelli C. Married on 09/12/2020

No Regrets - Hire Them!

When my daughter first mentioned the idea of hiring Unique Events I was hesitant. It sounded unnecessary and expensive. I went to her second meeting with them and started to understand why she wanted to hire them. Within a few weeks, I fully understood why this was going to be a good investment in such a special day. This team of professionals worked tirelessly to present creative idea after creative idea to my daughter. They also stayed within the budget we gave them. Their services made this day stress free and absolutely perfect - literally. We worked with Hannah for event design and implementation, floral, and rentals. Our DJ, Travis, spent time with the bride and groom to understand their vision and he implemented flawlessly even taking on a few tasks not traditional for a DJ. I have no regrets hiring this team and can say with confidence they are worth every penny.
  • Jacob
    Jacob A. Married on 09/09/2020

A must have member of your wedding team

Travis and everybody involved with UE helped make our wedding day equal parts smooth and INCREDIBLY FUN!

We had all of our linens and dinner stuff brought in by UE on top of them taking care of the DJ duties. Before our day, we met with Travis and discussed what songs we want/didn't want and he got a wonderful sense of the vibe we wanted for our party. Both in the meeting and at our venue, we could tell Travis was a PRO and this was not his first wedding...we really felt in good hands.

After my wife and I ate dinner, we walked around to all our tables to thank guests, and every few minutes Travis would come up to us, without interrupting, and fill us in on how much time we had before speeches, first dances, etc. AND he offered to get us a drink each time :). He helped create the schedule of events for the night so we felt he was completely on the ball and helped my wife and I focus on each other and the guests without worrying about logistics or timing.

The music was also ON POINT as was our intro, first dances, and everything else that was handled by Travis and UE staff. They brought in a photo booth/mirror thing that our guests LOVED...they also brought in all the props to be used for the booth and even gave us a thumb drive with all the pictures from the booth to have after the wedding.

Overall, we felt incredibly taken care of and I would encourage anybody considering using UE to absolutely have these guys on your wedding team!
  • Colleen
    Colleen C. Married on 08/22/2020

Glen is Incredible

Glen at Unique Events was AMAZING to work with for our intimate 2020 ceremony and our 2021 wedding reception! He made my visions of a floral arch and a flower girl wagon a reality. My bridal bouquets were so incredibly beautiful both brought me to tears! Both years everyone could not stop talking about how gorgeous our flowers were. Glen was so easy and fun to work with and reasonably priced and worked with me to stay within my budget. I recommend Glen and Unique Events to anyone looking for a florist for their wedding or any event!
  • Lauren
    Lauren B. Married on 01/04/2020

Made Our Elegant Wedding Dream Come True!

Hannah was AMAZING to work with from moment one. We had them do the full design for decor and flowers. I live in Chicago and my mom and I tag-teamed the decor and flowers leg of the wedding journey. Hannah met with my mom in person and me via facetime multiple times to hash out details. She even drove to Galena to meet us to hammer out lighting and draping and last minute adds/subtractions. Every time we asked for something she just said "yep, we can do that". On the wedding day when my mom decided she didn't like something Hannah and the Unique Events team immediately changed it to make her happy. (still SUPER sorry about that, folks). Everything from the silverware to the flowers was absolutely perfect. The flowers were beyond gorgeous and when I walked into the room for the reception I turned to my husband and was like "is this real?!". The whole Unique Events team was professional, efficient, responsive, and all around incredible. All of what we rented was beautiful and, indeed, unique. Snap them up before your date is taken!
  • Angie
    Angie S. Married on 12/21/2019

Simply amazing

The lighting was absolutely beautiful as well as our lighted monogram. Just beautiful and so easy to work with
  • Callie
    Callie Married on 11/02/2019

Best DJ out there!

We had the BEST experience with Travis H. and Unique Events. He was our DJ for our wedding in November 2019 and people are STILL talking about how awesome he was! Travis did a wonderful job of setting a schedule and helping us stick to it throughout the night. He was wonderful about letting us know how much time we had until the next thing we had to do, and took care of us all night long. The music he played was awesome - such a good combination of all of our favorite songs and genres. There were always people on the dance floor and he kept the party going all night long! My sister wrote a rap as her matron of honor speech, and he even worked with her on music for it, all while keeping it a surprise for us. He is a fun, energetic, and enthusiastic DJ, and I am so glad he was a part of our day. We also had the Mirror Me photo booth, which was a hit. There was a long line all night long, and everybody loved it! I would most definitely recommend Travis and UE to anyone looking for the best DJ around!
    Ashley Married on 10/19/2019

DJ, Decor, Florist, Design Oh my!

I used Unique Events basically as my one stop shop, and boy am I glad that I did! Avery was our DJ and he was great! He kept the music flowing all night and paid attention to what the guests were responding to. Hannah did our Design/Decor and all I can say is WOW, she completely captured the picture I had in my head and made it come to life! Glen was our florist and I am still swooning over my bouquet, I cannot get over the amazing work he did for my wedding. Thank you Unique Events!!
    Dan F. Married on 07/06/2019

A+ for Unique Events & Travis Hempstead

Travis was an incredible DJ. My wife and I were very particular about not only the songs played at our reception but also MC'ing most of it ourselves with family members. Travis was patient, accommodating, and helped us keep on track many times throughout the evening. He even rose to the occasion extending our last song several times so that we could be on the dance floor after a family member's medical emergency. He played the perfect mix using almost every song we requested along with others he selected that accented our picks and read the room just right. He was a pleasure to work with and truly executed our vision for our reception. I can't say it enough, you want this guy DJ'ing your wedding!
  • Jennifer
    Jennifer H. Married on 05/11/2019

Amazing company!

This company provided perfect service for our wedding. We used their DJ Service (Travis H is incredible!) and rented chairs. Our expectations were BEYOND met! From initial consultation to follow-up after the wedding, they did not miss a beat. We worked with Travis H. through the majority of the process and he put our minds at ease from the first time we spoke. The day of the wedding he rocked it. We have him to thank for the positive energy and packed dance floor all night long! It's hard to put into words how great he was. I know if you go with Unique Events you will not be disappointed one bit!
    Holly Married on 08/25/2018

They were great!

Bobby did a great job on our wedding day and did a great job with the playlist! I really appreciated that he checked in with me throughout the night to make sure we were on the same page and ready to move on to the next thing like speeches, shoe game, ect. We also rented the LED dance floor and it was a hit! The setup team was very professional.
    Brittney Married on 08/04/2018
    My husband and I are so thrilled and happy we made the decision to go with Unique Events and have them DJ our wedding at Eagle Ridge Resort & Spa. Travis is an outstanding DJ and took the time to get to know Ryan and I before our big day. We face timed and went through every detail about a week before the wedding- this was so helpful and exceeded our expectations on the day of. Words do not do justice on how perfect our music and DJ booth was for our wedding. Excellent prices and kept the dance floor well lit all night long!

THANK YOU UNIQUE EVENTS- & Travis!!!!

Ryan & Brittney
    Sarah Married on 06/15/2018
    Highly recommend Unique Events for your DJ needs! From our initial consultation with Riley, to our final consultation with our DJ, Avery, everything was such a smooth planning process. We were able to pick the songs we wanted, while still feeling like we could trust every aspect of our entertainment with someone else. The dance floor was packed all night! Avery also was an AWESOME emcee for us, making announcements throughout the night and really maintaining the flow of our reception. Absolutely loved working with them!
  • I
    Ignasis Married on 06/09/2018
    I can't begin to explain how wonderful Riley Mullane was to work with as our wedding DJ! We couldn't have asked for anyone better! We planned our wedding in Illinois for a year and a half while my husband and I juggled a long distance relationship as I was in Colorado for medical school and his constant communication, quick responsiveness to our ENDLESS emails and questions, and overall amazing and kind personality made us feel so calm, excited, and prepared for and during our wedding! Everything flowed so smoothly and we are so grateful for his constant communication leading up to the day and most importantly the day of! We just feel so lucky to have had him and it seriously felt like it was the best day of our lives and the best it could ever be! Being Dominican I was worried about finding a DJ that could incorporate the spanish music of my culture with the music of my husband's caucasian family but he blended our cultures so beautifully and was so willing to learn about the music of my country! All of our guests have been raving about how much fun our wedding was as we literally had the dance floor packed ALL night and were all sore the next day! He is such a genuine, kind, wonderful, talented, and amazing soul and it was an honor working with him and gaining a friend! Thank you, thank you, thank you from the bottom of our hearts for helping make our wedding day absolutely INCREDIBLE!
  • KMJ
    Kelsey Married on 05/27/2018
    It such such a pleasure working with Unique Events and Bobby Abellana (our DJ)! Bobby did such a great job choosing music for the dinner portion and dancing! He did a great job keeping the flow of the wedding going with his announcements, and kept us on schedule too! We had so many positive reviews from our guests! Bobby also helped save the day when I forgot my veil inside right before the ceremony. Bobby rushed into the bridal suite to help me find it! We also used Unique Events for our bistro lighting! The lighting looked beautiful and really brought everything together! We would recommend Unique Events and Bobby to anyone looking for a DJ!
    Ali Married on 05/25/2018
    Owning an event company based out of Charleston, SC, I didn't know much about event companies in the Des Moines area. Unique Events of Iowa was nothing short of AMAZING. They offer quality rentals, they are very timely, and helpful every step of the way. We cannot recommend them enough for any wedding or event!
    Lindsey Married on 05/19/2018
    The whole staff at Unique Events was awesome to work with! Professional, patient, friendly, and fun! :) I would definitely recommend them for anyone for their wedding services! :)
    Ali Married on 05/05/2018
    Riley was professional and responsive. Riley was available to answer our questions, customize our ceremony and reception, and make accommodations at the last minute. He kept our reception running on time and had a real commitment to making sure our guests had a great time. We would highly recommend Riley and his team.