Unique Events Reviews

335 Reviews for Unique Events

• Mary

Mary Beth Tresnowski Standerski · Getting married on 02/10/2021

Amazing!!!!!

Unique Events is amazing! They exceeded our expectations in every aspect. Hannah was so great to work with, responsive and so helpful. I highly recommend Unique Events!!! Don’t go anywhere else.

Sent on 10/29/2019
  • Jacob

Jacob Arlyss Raecker · Married on 09/09/2020

A must have member of your wedding team

Travis and everybody involved with UE helped make our wedding day equal parts smooth and INCREDIBLY FUN!

We had all of our linens and dinner stuff brought in by UE on top of them taking care of the DJ duties. Before our day, we met with Travis and discussed what songs we want/didn't want and he got a wonderful sense of the vibe we wanted for our party. Both in the meeting and at our venue, we could tell Travis was a PRO and this was not his first wedding...we really felt in good hands.

After my wife and I ate dinner, we walked around to all our tables to thank guests, and every few minutes Travis would come up to us, without interrupting, and fill us in on how much time we had before speeches, first dances, etc. AND he offered to get us a drink each time :). He helped create the schedule of events for the night so we felt he was completely on the ball and helped my wife and I focus on each other and the guests without worrying about logistics or timing.

The music was also ON POINT as was our intro, first dances, and everything else that was handled by Travis and UE staff. They brought in a photo booth/mirror thing that our guests LOVED...they also brought in all the props to be used for the booth and even gave us a thumb drive with all the pictures from the booth to have after the wedding.

Overall, we felt incredibly taken care of and I would encourage anybody considering using UE to absolutely have these guys on your wedding team!

Sent on 11/24/2019
  • Lauren

Lauren Baker · Married on 01/04/2020

Made Our Elegant Wedding Dream Come True!

Hannah was AMAZING to work with from moment one. We had them do the full design for decor and flowers. I live in Chicago and my mom and I tag-teamed the decor and flowers leg of the wedding journey. Hannah met with my mom in person and me via facetime multiple times to hash out details. She even drove to Galena to meet us to hammer out lighting and draping and last minute adds/subtractions. Every time we asked for something she just said "yep, we can do that". On the wedding day when my mom decided she didn't like something Hannah and the Unique Events team immediately changed it to make her happy. (still SUPER sorry about that, folks). Everything from the silverware to the flowers was absolutely perfect. The flowers were beyond gorgeous and when I walked into the room for the reception I turned to my husband and was like "is this real?!". The whole Unique Events team was professional, efficient, responsive, and all around incredible. All of what we rented was beautiful and, indeed, unique. Snap them up before your date is taken!

Sent on 01/28/2020
  • Angie

Angie Spaulding · Married on 12/21/2019

Simply amazing

The lighting was absolutely beautiful as well as our lighted monogram. Just beautiful and so easy to work with

Sent on 01/09/2020
  • Callie

Callie · Married on 11/02/2019

Best DJ out there!

We had the BEST experience with Travis H. and Unique Events. He was our DJ for our wedding in November 2019 and people are STILL talking about how awesome he was! Travis did a wonderful job of setting a schedule and helping us stick to it throughout the night. He was wonderful about letting us know how much time we had until the next thing we had to do, and took care of us all night long. The music he played was awesome - such a good combination of all of our favorite songs and genres. There were always people on the dance floor and he kept the party going all night long! My sister wrote a rap as her matron of honor speech, and he even worked with her on music for it, all while keeping it a surprise for us. He is a fun, energetic, and enthusiastic DJ, and I am so glad he was a part of our day. We also had the Mirror Me photo booth, which was a hit. There was a long line all night long, and everybody loved it! I would most definitely recommend Travis and UE to anyone looking for the best DJ around!

Sent on 02/13/2020

Ashley · Married on 10/19/2019

DJ, Decor, Florist, Design Oh my!

I used Unique Events basically as my one stop shop, and boy am I glad that I did! Avery was our DJ and he was great! He kept the music flowing all night and paid attention to what the guests were responding to. Hannah did our Design/Decor and all I can say is WOW, she completely captured the picture I had in my head and made it come to life! Glen was our florist and I am still swooning over my bouquet, I cannot get over the amazing work he did for my wedding. Thank you Unique Events!!

Sent on 11/07/2019

Dan Fagan · Married on 07/06/2019

A+ for Unique Events & Travis Hempstead

Travis was an incredible DJ. My wife and I were very particular about not only the songs played at our reception but also MC'ing most of it ourselves with family members. Travis was patient, accommodating, and helped us keep on track many times throughout the evening. He even rose to the occasion extending our last song several times so that we could be on the dance floor after a family member's medical emergency. He played the perfect mix using almost every song we requested along with others he selected that accented our picks and read the room just right. He was a pleasure to work with and truly executed our vision for our reception. I can't say it enough, you want this guy DJ'ing your wedding!

Sent on 10/02/2019
  • Jennifer

Jennifer Hoppe · Married on 05/11/2019

Amazing company!

This company provided perfect service for our wedding. We used their DJ Service (Travis H is incredible!) and rented chairs. Our expectations were BEYOND met! From initial consultation to follow-up after the wedding, they did not miss a beat. We worked with Travis H. through the majority of the process and he put our minds at ease from the first time we spoke. The day of the wedding he rocked it. We have him to thank for the positive energy and packed dance floor all night long! It's hard to put into words how great he was. I know if you go with Unique Events you will not be disappointed one bit!

Sent on 07/02/2019

Holly · Married on 08/25/2018

They were great!

Bobby did a great job on our wedding day and did a great job with the playlist! I really appreciated that he checked in with me throughout the night to make sure we were on the same page and ready to move on to the next thing like speeches, shoe game, ect. We also rented the LED dance floor and it was a hit! The setup team was very professional.

Sent on 11/01/2018

Brittney · Married on 08/04/2018

My husband and I are so thrilled and happy we made the decision to go with Unique Events and have them DJ our wedding at Eagle Ridge Resort & Spa. Travis is an outstanding DJ and took the time to get to know Ryan and I before our big day. We face timed and went through every detail about a week before the wedding- this was so helpful and exceeded our expectations on the day of. Words do not do justice on how perfect our music and DJ booth was for our wedding. Excellent prices and kept the dance floor well lit all night long!

THANK YOU UNIQUE EVENTS- & Travis!!!!

Ryan & Brittney

Sent on 08/13/2018

Sarah · Married on 06/15/2018

Highly recommend Unique Events for your DJ needs! From our initial consultation with Riley, to our final consultation with our DJ, Avery, everything was such a smooth planning process. We were able to pick the songs we wanted, while still feeling like we could trust every aspect of our entertainment with someone else. The dance floor was packed all night! Avery also was an AWESOME emcee for us, making announcements throughout the night and really maintaining the flow of our reception. Absolutely loved working with them!

Sent on 06/28/2018
  • I

Ignasis · Married on 06/09/2018

I can't begin to explain how wonderful Riley Mullane was to work with as our wedding DJ! We couldn't have asked for anyone better! We planned our wedding in Illinois for a year and a half while my husband and I juggled a long distance relationship as I was in Colorado for medical school and his constant communication, quick responsiveness to our ENDLESS emails and questions, and overall amazing and kind personality made us feel so calm, excited, and prepared for and during our wedding! Everything flowed so smoothly and we are so grateful for his constant communication leading up to the day and most importantly the day of! We just feel so lucky to have had him and it seriously felt like it was the best day of our lives and the best it could ever be! Being Dominican I was worried about finding a DJ that could incorporate the spanish music of my culture with the music of my husband's caucasian family but he blended our cultures so beautifully and was so willing to learn about the music of my country! All of our guests have been raving about how much fun our wedding was as we literally had the dance floor packed ALL night and were all sore the next day! He is such a genuine, kind, wonderful, talented, and amazing soul and it was an honor working with him and gaining a friend! Thank you, thank you, thank you from the bottom of our hearts for helping make our wedding day absolutely INCREDIBLE!

Sent on 07/03/2018
  • KMJ

Kelsey · Married on 05/27/2018

It such such a pleasure working with Unique Events and Bobby Abellana (our DJ)! Bobby did such a great job choosing music for the dinner portion and dancing! He did a great job keeping the flow of the wedding going with his announcements, and kept us on schedule too! We had so many positive reviews from our guests! Bobby also helped save the day when I forgot my veil inside right before the ceremony. Bobby rushed into the bridal suite to help me find it! We also used Unique Events for our bistro lighting! The lighting looked beautiful and really brought everything together! We would recommend Unique Events and Bobby to anyone looking for a DJ!

Sent on 07/05/2018

Ali · Married on 05/25/2018

Owning an event company based out of Charleston, SC, I didn't know much about event companies in the Des Moines area. Unique Events of Iowa was nothing short of AMAZING. They offer quality rentals, they are very timely, and helpful every step of the way. We cannot recommend them enough for any wedding or event!

Sent on 08/08/2018

Lindsey · Married on 05/19/2018

The whole staff at Unique Events was awesome to work with! Professional, patient, friendly, and fun! :) I would definitely recommend them for anyone for their wedding services! :)

Sent on 09/03/2018

Ali · Married on 05/05/2018

Riley was professional and responsive. Riley was available to answer our questions, customize our ceremony and reception, and make accommodations at the last minute. He kept our reception running on time and had a real commitment to making sure our guests had a great time. We would highly recommend Riley and his team.

Sent on 05/12/2018

Megan · Married on 04/29/2018

We had an outstanding experience working with Unique Events! Not only did we use their DJ service but we also did strung bistro lights and a upgraded barn wood head table. It was absolutely perfect and our DJ Riley was awesome to work with! From the planning process all the way to the night of our wedding, he really knew and understood us as a couple and our style. Our guests danced all night and complimented us even days after on the music. Thank you to the best! We are so grateful!

Sent on 05/02/2018

Kari · Married on 04/28/2018

Unique Events did an amazing job as the DJ for our wedding. We had Travis Hempstead as our DJ and couldn’t be happier with how things went. The amount of people still on the dance floor at midnight was amazing! He was so great to work with. We met with him in detail the week before the wedding to go over our song choices, how we wanted the day to go, etc. He nailed everything perfectly! Not only did he DJ the wedding, but he took charge of the night. He kept us informed on what was going on, made sure everything stayed on schedule and informed guests on what to expect. We would highly recommend Unique Events for your wedding!

Sent on 05/23/2018

Ryan · Married on 04/21/2018

Unique Events is simply the best out there! They did my brother’s wedding reception last June and it was an unbelievable experience. I remember saying to my fiancé directly after the reception that we would go with nobody else. We just had our own wedding reception and they live up to their 5/5 stars. Nobody is better than unique events! Thank you DJ Travis!

Sent on 04/24/2018

Kirk · Married on 04/14/2018

Riley made us feel so comfortable as soon as we met with him that we did not even consider other companies. We were certainly not disappointed with the services Unique Events provided for our wedding day! We've continued to hear praise for the services Unique Events provided and how fun the night was made with the great music played and amazing bistro lighting. Riley definitely got a sense for the music the guests liked and was able to get them on the dance floor! The comfortable Riley provided us prior to the day was a great relief for that actual wedding day and it was so nice knowing that good decisions were going to be made without us having to be continuously asked on the wedding day. We truly recommend Unique Events services!

Sent on 04/24/2018

Samantha · Married on 04/11/2018

Many friends recommended Unique Events to us for our wedding music, so we got in touch with Riley and from the first phone call on we were impressed with his level of detail, enthusiasm, and knowledge. Music was an important component to us for our wedding, so we wanted to make sure we selected someone who understood both our taste and knew how to keep the dance floor filled :) Riley accomplished all of this and more! He had great advice when it came to the timeline and helped keep us on track without needing much guidance. This really was much more than a DJ service. Thank you for being proactive and fun Riley!

Sent on 05/14/2018

Alyssa · Married on 03/17/2018

Riley & his team did a wonderful job at our wedding reception. The music was upbeat, and the momentum was at an all-time high all night! Riley took the time to get to know my husband and I, and catered to our likes, dislikes, and interests. Everything was very organized and all events throughout the night stayed within our designated timeline. I would definitely use Unique Events again!

Sent on 03/27/2018

Jordan · Married on 01/06/2018

We were so grateful to have Riley Mullane of Unique Events at our wedding! He created such an amazing atmosphere, and he paid incredible attention to detail. In the planning process, he was always three steps ahead of us. He provided answers to questions we didn't even know that we had! He has become an awesome friend, and he was so fun to work with! He was far more than just a DJ- he truly set the tone for our entire reception! We had so many comments from friends and family, about "that awesome guy Riley"! Kudos Riley Mullane and Unique Events, hats off to you!!! You were absolutely exceptional!

Jordan & Ashley Montgomery

Sent on 01/29/2018

Nathan · Married on 12/31/2017

We used Unique Events for our NYE ’17 reception and could not have been happier with our choice. With the dynamic up-lighting, LED dance floor, and Riley at the DJ booth, the party was high energy the entire night. We had people dancing from 9 to 1:30 and loving every minute of it. I was worried about booking a “wedding DJ” but Riley knows what he is doing. They were able to help us with the midnight countdown as well. The highlight of the night for me was our entrance. We had a vision of playing our ceremony video then coming out from behind the screen with strobes, fog cannons, music, etc… Riley and Miles made it happen! They hit every cue. The guests loved it! We had technical issues which they went out of their way to help us with. Everyone was very polite and helpful. Riley does a great job communicating and staying in touch. I cannot imagine having used anyone else. Unique Events will make any party memorable.

Sent on 01/03/2018

Marissa · Married on 12/31/2017

Avery was our DJ for our NYE '17 wedding reception, and he did such an AMAZING job. The DJ plays such a huge role in the flow of the reception and we were completely confident in Avery to keep everything running smoothly. He played just the right mix of music that kept guests of all ages on the dance floor all night.
    Avery was also so accommodating, from listening to the music requests from guests, to even asking the wedding party if we were doing ok on drinks during dinner. We received so many compliments from family and friends on how Awesome Avery was!
    When you hire these guys, you’re getting more than just a DJ. Their attention to detail and passion for what they do makes them the best of the best!
    Thank you so much for doing such an incredible job and for being a part of our day!

Sent on 01/31/2018