Unforgettable Honeymoons Reviews

163 | Portland, OR

163 Reviews for Unforgettable Honeymoons

• Amberlee

Amberlee · Married on 02/17/2013

We booked our honeymoon in Fiji through Heather, she was great. She sent us our packet of information early when i asked her to and the information was incredibly helpful when we were preparing for our honeymoon. We met several other couples who all booked their honeymoons or anniversary through Unforgettable Honeymoons as well. For the most part they all had great experiences as well. One thing that i learned from our talks about our experiences was that they don't seem to communicate amongst each other very well. 2 other couples booked the for the exact same week that we did and we all flew out on the same flight from LAX, but Unforgettable Honeymoons booked all of us on different flights from Nadi to Taveuni. We were bumped to a different flight because we were the only ones booked on our flight (which was more expensive than the one we ended up on). We were never informed until we showed up at the airport in Nadi that we had been switched to the other flight. I was booked on a much nicer plane and more comfy. Heather recommended it to me and it was definitely a good upgrade, but none of the other people couples were ever informed of the other flight option that we booked. All in All they were great but unfortunately you need to be a little more proactive with them than i feel like you should have to be, and they should communicate amongst each other better.

Sent on 03/06/2013

maris · Married on 06/25/2011

we just got back from St Lucia and it was incredible!!! I am so excited, and thankful to Unforgettable Honeymoons for helping me plan, honestly, their service exceeded my expecatations, helped me from day one when I had NO idea where to go, gave me tons of ideas, shared personal pictures, got me a great deal on a sandals/ ladera trip to st lucia, and even provided us with a free upgrade to a one bedroom villa at ladera. ( which was the most incredible resorts I have been to in my life!!) the resort sat on top of a mountain ridge overlooking the volcanoes, and truly it was so romantic. We would never thought of it had our agent Renee not suggested we stay there. she shared her own photos and advice. we would recommend them to other couples.
    the only downside is that they are tough to get a hold of, lots of phone tag but their flexible hours made it possible for us to speak after hours.

Sent on 07/17/2011

3.0

Very helpful service. Gave us lots of options to choose from.

Sent on 02/13/2013

Andrea · Married on 03/16/2012

They truly gave us a honeymoon we will never forget... They made great suggestions of places to stay and islands to stay on while we were in Fiji!

Sent on 05/16/2012
  • Future Mrs LeRiche'

Valerie · Married on 08/24/2013

3.5

Everything went smooth and the hotel had all our information. Our travel agent got switched half way through so that caused some confusion, but it all worked out great.

Sent on 10/21/2013

parker · Married on 08/27/2011

3.5

Unforgettable Honeymoons did an outstanding job creating the perfect Greece honeymoon for my wife and i last month. Start to Finish, everything was perfect, smooth and seamless travel plans. Not one glitch! They recommended some outstanding places such as Blue Palace Crete and Dana Villas in Santorini. we had a free upgrade at Blue Palace compliments of Unforgettable Honeymoons! I would highly recommend going to their web site first, then giving them a call.

Sent on 09/05/2011

Mae · Married on 06/11/2014

3.5

Overall, my experience with Unforgettable Honeymoons was a great one. After doing a ton of research on honeymoon packages, I decided to go with Unforgettable Honeymoons. The value is amazing. My husband and I stayed at the Ritz in Maui for a week at an amazing price. The company will actually do price matches if you pay in full, and that's what we decided to do after we found a better rate through Orbitz.

I would have rated them a bit higher had the communication been just a TAD bit better. When we were going through the process of selecting an island and hotel, everything was done through email with our travel agent. I did receive follow-up emails preparing us for the trip as it got closer, but realized that we never finalized a pick-up for the rental car. When I emailed our agent about it, I didn't get a response. So I emailed the owner, and with a little back and forth, smoothed things out. During our email correspondence, instead of just stating that she was sorry and she'd look into it, she basically told me that I should have called and that they aren't a company that deals with their clients through email; but everything that I had done to book the trip was through email. I only spoke with our travel agent once over the phone. Then stated that my email went to junk mail which made me uneasy because none of my other emails had been sent there. The bottom line is had it not been for that little hiccup, I would give the company 5 stars across the board.

Again, overall, it was a great experience, and you honestly cannot beat the value. My husband and I would like to take an anniversary trip there again every 5 years and would use Unforgettable Honeymoons each time. Hopefully my next review can be 5 stars across the board. :)

Sent on 06/20/2014

Brad · Married on 09/07/2011

3.0

At first the booked us the wrong day to leave for our honeymoon but they got it figured out and covered the cost to redo. They were great to work with but kinda stressful when they booked the wrong departing day.

Sent on 11/01/2011

Unforgettable Honeymoons's reply:

We regret that there was a date mis communication/ error, and, we realize you were so busy with wedding planning and did not have the chance to double check your air schedule at time of booking, and didn't catch the date difference until 2 days before you left. ! Thankfully, our owner paid almost a $1000 out of her own pocket to make it right for you at the last minute. Since then, we have required our clients to sign a form at time of booking to confirm they reviewed their air schedule and it was correct. we are all humans, and mistakes happen, thankfully we are the type of company that goes above and beyond to make things right- and our A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau is a result of our high level of customer service.
  • Lisa

Lisa Dagg · Married on 02/09/2019

the best honeymoon experience for us!

Thank you to Unforgettable honeymoons for your help in planning our honeymoon. Everything turned out great! We were unsure of what type of hotel experience we wanted and while it may have been unnecessary to book at two different hotels for our stay, we are glad we did! Sandals definitely had the benefit of being all inclusive and lots of options for restaurants and plenty of places to relax (the Japanese restaurant was our favorite and we also really enjoyed Gordon’s on the pier). The second half of our honeymoon we spent Calabash cove was awesome- totally different experience and so worth it, the intimate feel of the hotel and The gorgeous location and view, not enough words to describe it! There are not enough superb things we could say about the level of service we received (we even got to meet the owner who was also great and so welcome)

I would recommend Calabash to anyone going to St. Lucia. The staff was amazing, i cant say that enough, in the few short days we were there we became friendly with them and they made us feel like family from the moment we arrived. The smaller feel hotel was awesome, and that swim up room, just awesome!

Sent on 03/31/2019

Kelly · Married on 12/01/2012

3.8
      3.5

We booked our honeymoon, through Unforgettable Honeymoons. I would definitely say that the main benefit of booking through them is the ability to consolidate all of the travel plans with one company. Our contact was good with providing recommendations and suggestions for us. Being on the East Coast did make the turnaround time sometimes a bit longer than anticipated. Also the pricing could be more competitive also keep in mind that they do not have special arrangements with the airlines, so there is no flexibility in changing the airlines flights unless there is an emergency. Overall we were satisfied.

Sent on 01/02/2013

3.2
      3.0

I struggle with writing this review as I got a tale of two companies. Leading up to our trip we had a pretty good experience with unforgettable. Our agent's name is Bridget and she was able to send over things as we needed for planning purposes. Once we booked however, it was a completely different experience. Although she did send us the required travel documentation, I had to reach out to her to remind her to send it. This was the beginning of a long road of missed opportunities to recover an unhappy client who spent just over 6,000 with them. Unfortunately we weren't able to go on our trip because of an injury, so we needed several pieces of documentation to recover our money from our travel insurance company. Its the end of January and we are still waiting on documentation from unforgettable honeymoons. It has been like pulling teeth and they have got to be the single most unresponsive people I have ever worked with. I left messages with other staff members thinking that Bridget has a heavy workload or something. I have spoken with at least 4 different staff members regarding my needs on several separate occasions and yet and still, i rarely receive return communication. I'm sure if we had gone, it would have been great. Just surprised at the lack of follow up on the back end.
    **Update** 2/25/15 - Renee (The Owner) reached out to me upon seeing this review and was very apologetic and quite kind. She was in constant contact and offered what i would consider "above and beyond" service to get my concerns addressed. In a land of second chances, she recovered very well and I have therefore upgraded my overall score from the previous 2.1. Thank you Renee, I only hope that as you grow, you're able to support your staff in providing the level of service that you expect.

Sent on 01/28/2015

Rachel · Married on 08/27/2016

2.8
      3.0

My husband and I wanted to go to Maui for our honeymoon so I started looking into packages. I came across unforgettable honeymoons and because they had such good ratings I decided to try them out. Our honeymoon was wonderful just because it was Hawaii, not so much because we booked through them. The packages included were nothing special it was all things we could have easily booked ourselves, but it was nice to have two things done ahead of time.

Two things I did not like while working with this company, was being constantly promised a phone call to follow up or talk about details and not receiving it. I would have to call and leave a message before usually much later in the day or next day getting a call back when i was told they would call me a week prior. I also am still waiting for my call to talk over everything in the package and explain vouchers and everything so it would go smoothly in Maui. And my honeymoon was 2 months ago. It made me a little anxious to not know any of that, and I was too busy with last minute wedding planning to track them down this time.

The other issue I had was I already paid over $5500 for the hotel, car, and air fare but had to pay not one but two resort fees on top of it. I was only told about one of these fees before booking. So I ended up having to pay an additional $300 I wasn't aware of ahead of time.

Overall I would say 3/5 it was a nice honeymoon and when I did speak with someone via email or the phone they were helpful. But you had to wait a while for a response or track them down yourself. I'm not sure how much/ if I saved any money booking through them, but I didn't appreciate the extra fee I wasn't told about. It wasn't necessarily a bad experience, but it wasn't wonderful either. I had an "okay" experience with unforgettable honeymoons. I was just expecting a bit more than okay.

Sent on 10/07/2016

Malorie Kroeger · Married on 04/25/2020

Not a great company

Our contact, Jenna, had poor communication from the beginning and was not very helpful in the process. But we decided to book with them anyways. Then COVID hit. Our deposit was non-refundable (which I could understand) but then they required an additional deposit to postpone into 2021. Because we were going internationally, we did not want to put additional money down when the future was so unknown. During a WORLD WIDE PANDEMIC you would think they would be more accommodating. Truly shows the roots of a company. Would NOT recommend.

Sent on 09/19/2020

Unforgettable Honeymoons's reply:

Dear Marjorie, thank you for the opportunity to let us know your feelings about our service. Jenna and our staff are very upset and sorry you feel this way about us. Honestly, your feedback is not consistent with the majority of our clients so we take it very seriously and investigate the matter. Our manager/owner wishes she would been advised earlier, as we are happy to waive the additional deposit our “wholesaler” ( not our agency as Jenna indicated in her email) is requiring to rebook an international honeymoon start to finish.

During a worldwide pandemic, an additional deposit required to rebook an International honeymoon start to finish is not unusual, many consumers think travel agencies work for free similar to a tourist board, when in fact this is not the case, we work strictly on commission which means that we have been working for our clients for free until they complete travel, similar to a real estate agent. We have worked tirelessly day and night to change hundreds of our clients trips since March, some of them 3-4 times just for this year, each one taking hours of our time for absolutely no extra fees to our clients, while other nationally known mega travel agencies that are household names shut off their phones, would not speak to clients until 3 days before their trip, (as well as impossible to email ) or completely shut down and kept their client's funds. During this pandemic , our small boutique agency added hours as our manager /owner gave her personal cell phone number to hundreds of clients, and not only answered texts and calls around the clock for the past few months, rebooking trips starting at 8 am to 11 pm at night.
    Our owner/ manager Renee Meyer continues to work day and night along with her dedicated staff to be here for clients, not missing any phone calls, texts or urgent pleas for help from our clients whose weddings and honeymoons have been canceled.
    We have been in business twenty-five years this year, and we can assure you that the root of Unforgettable Honeymoons has always been and always will be the love and passion our owner and staff have for the travel business and dedication to our clients. Our rare longevity in the niche honeymoon business, our A+ rating with the BBB as well as the hundreds of thoughtful & passionate reviews written by our clients over the years is clear evidence of the root of our company. We love our clients and this business and hope that you will give us another chance to make this right for you. Our manager/owner is happy to personally rebook your honeymoon for no additional deposit needed. We hope to hear from you soon.