UMLAUF Sculpture Garden & Museum Reviews

38 Reviews for UMLAUF Sculpture Garden & Museum

UMLAUF Sculpture Garden & Museum 1
UMLAUF Sculpture Garden & Museum 2

Dawn · Married on 04/22/2018

I had my dream wedding at the Umlauf on Earth Day 2018. The representatives were so kind and patient and really helped me throughout the whole process. Affordable, convenient and beautiful with wonderful options to chose from.

Sent on 05/09/2018

Rachel · Married on 03/24/2018

We loved having our wedding at Umlauf. It's a unique venue that you can personalize and make your own. The different levels and spaces made it feel really special. It also provides a drop-dead gorgeous back-drop for photos--the green is amazing.

Worth noting that I was worried about the wedding feeling short bc of the band having to stop at 10pm, but I was totally wrong to worry about that--the length felt perfect. I think it's the case for any outdoor venue in-town, and we were really glad to be in town. The ceremony was at 6pm but guests started arriving at 5 or 5:15. We had cava served while they strolled the garden. We didn't do a format exit so we hung around a bit after the music stopped--which was fun. We sent our guests to Easy Tiger, and arrived there ourselves by 10:45 or so to an awesome after-party. We didn't have a reservation but there was room for party to fill many tables.

One more tip: use the chairs they offer. A great source of savings--that looked great!

UMLAUF Sculpture Garden & Museum 3
    UMLAUF Sculpture Garden & Museum 4
    Sent on 04/04/2018

Sarah · Married on 08/15/2017

Great wedding and perfect setting.

Sent on 06/16/2017

MariBen · Married on 05/10/2017

From making the reservation to the very pleasant evening with my group spent everything was perfect.

Sent on 06/23/2017
  • Y

Yjni · Married on 05/06/2017

I cannot say enough good things about the Umlauf. We recently hosted a party there for our daughter. The venue is gorgeous and the staff was incredible to work with. Our guests were mesmerized by this gem of a place in the heart of Austin. Everything went off without a hitch and we could not be more pleased!

Sent on 06/29/2017

K · Married on 04/22/2017

Umlauf was awesome - they were easy going, great to work with, and very responsive. The venue is absolutely beautiful - we got so many compliments from guests about how wonderful the space was.

Sent on 06/23/2017

K · Married on 03/31/2017

Umlauf was awesome! Got so many complements on the venue. Perfect!

Sent on 06/29/2017

Noemi · Married on 03/25/2017

They are really good at recommending preferred vendors and working with specific ones - use these preferred vendors! It will make everything so much smoother

Sent on 06/18/2017

Erick · Married on 02/25/2017

Umlauf Sculpture Gardens was an amazing venue for us to use for our wedding. We got married in February of 2017, and the weather and atmosphere was perfect. Jonathan Greiner and Ally Hinojosa were our points of contact though out the planning process. My spouse and I planned the wedding ourselves without a wedding planner, and Jonathan and Ally made the process so easy for us. They were quick about responding to our emails/ phone calls and did not seem bothered by the extensive amount of emails/phone calls we sent them. They were even great with working with our rental vendors to make sure that our tent and rentals were in the correct space (I do recommend going with their preferred vendors for the rentals...the preferred rental company is aware of all the do's and don'ts of the venue. It just helps the process run smoothly). Overall, the venue was beautiful, and my guests and I had a wonder evening.

Sent on 08/18/2017

Amy · Married on 05/29/2016

Not only is Umlauf a beautiful setting in a great central Austin location, but we found Jonathan to be incredibly responsive and helpful throughout our planning process (in contrast to some of the other venues we contacted). We also loved that by having our wedding at Umlauf we had the opportunity to support a wonderful Austin non-profit. We were very happy with how everything turned out and highly recommend having your Austin wedding at Umlauf!

Sent on 06/27/2016

UMLAUF Sculpture Garden & Museum's reply:

Thank you so much Amy! It was a pleasure working with you all & helping you navigate your wedding plans!

Jenny · Married on 03/26/2016

This was the perfect venue for our wedding! It was a beautiful outdoor space and very accessible to our older guests. I love how we can visit the gardens throughout the year and reminisce about our magical night.

Sent on 03/06/2017

Ashley · Married on 11/14/2015

Very serene location tucked away in the heart of Austin.

Sent on 02/24/2016

Kelley · event on: 06/19/2014

Art From The Streets is a very small organization helping homeless in Austin create artwork for sale. We were so very thankful that Umlauf was able to provide a beautiful venue for our very first fundraiser this year. The staff was very supportive with our numerous trips to see the venue. We had a wonderful event!

• User4263988 · event on: 06/05/2014

The Umlauf was a great space for our event, and the staff was incredibly helpful during the planning process and day-of setup.

Sent on 07/21/2014

Ben · event on: 04/11/2014

A perfect venue for our CreativeMornings event: tranquil and creative. Especially in the morning!

• User4247665 · event on: 02/24/2014

I booked this venue only a few weeks before the event. It only took one short call. They were very responsive and helpful when I made the payment on paypal with the wrong card; they helped me cancel the payment and use the correct card to make the payment again. I also received the deposit reimbursement in a timely manner. All around this was a great place for a work meeting.

Sara · event on: 02/19/2014

SunTerra Landscape Services held a corporate breakfast meeting for our top clients here. the room was beautiful the view was perfect! The service in set up and coordination was priceless, I felt so totally taken care of it was nice. Our event was a fabulous success and of course I think it was at least 50% due to the venue :-) This breakfast was for our top clients around Austin and it was fun to introduce a couple of people who had never been to the sculpture garden to the site!

Simone · event on: 10/09/2013

Mark JOhnson was absolutely great to work with. He was so flexible, patient and helped made our experience working with the Umlauf Sculpture Garden and Museum, one we would like repeated year after year. Great job Mark!!!

Sent on 11/19/2013

Shannon · Married on 09/28/2013

When we walked into Umlauf, we knew it was the venue for us. It is a hidden gem in Austin with lovely gardens and a zen-like feel. We loved the aspect of art meeting nature and were excited to have our guests walk the grounds to experience it. Mark was easy and flexible to work with and was happy to answer any and all questions whenever they came up. We were very satisfied with our experience start to finish and would definitely recommend this venue to future couples. Beautiful places with beautiful memories for us!

Sent on 12/21/2013

Teri · event on: 09/24/2013

Exceeded our expectations in all areas.

Sent on 11/07/2013

The staff at the garden was absolutely wonderful. They were kind and quick with responses to any inquiry. The garden was beautiful, and was absolutely perfect.

Sent on 08/08/2013

Brooke · Married on 04/01/2013

Umlauf was the very first place i looked at having my wedding at. I was excited because I am a lover of nature and art so having a wedding under the trees and surrounded by art just made sense. I was immediately sad about the cost but soon realized that the brochure was wrong and it would only cost a 3rd of what we thought! Mark was amazing and an absolute joy to work with. Mark answered all 1000 of my questions with amazing speed and seemed to truly enjoy being there for me! Our day was perfect. We were able to decorate and have hair done all on site so we didnt have to leave. The weather was perfect. Umlauf staff was wonderful. I would do it all over again at Umlauf...Thanks Mark and Umlauf for helping to make our day so wonderful. Our Pup Tybalt thanks you too for being able to be part of our day!

Sent on 04/21/2013

Molly · Married on 09/08/2012

The Umlauf is the most beautiful outdoor venue. We fell in love with it the first time we visited and changed our wedding date to make the venue work. Joelle, the former director of operations, was super helpful and gave me so much advice. And when Mark took over in that position the transition was seamless. The money you spend in the facility rental fee you save in flowers and decor. The venue is full of color and natural beauty! There is an awesome bridal bathroom and the staff is amazing.

Sent on 09/28/2012

Jaycie · Married on 09/07/2012

I cannot express how many compliments we received for having our ceremony at the Umlauf Sculpture Garden. It is an absolutely beautiful venue, and the vendors were more than happy to work with us to make sure everything went smoothly. They always responded to emails very quickly, and we never had a problem working with them. If you have always dreamed about having an outside/garden wedding like I have, go with Umlauf. You will NOT be disappointed!

Sent on 10/02/2012

Rebeca · Married on 04/25/2010

This place is worth every penny. I docked it a half star only because you cannot have a late-into-the-night reception, but that isn't even their fault. Joelle is excellent at her job

Sent on 08/18/2010

UMLAUF Sculpture Garden & Museum's reply:

Thanks Rebeca! It was a pleasure having you here... congrats again!