Ultra Mix Events Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2016 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2015 Winner

Ryan Married on 07/09/2022

5 star all around

Definitely 5 Stars. Thanks for your attention to detail.
    Bre Married on 06/25/2022

Oh yeaaaaaa

Looking for a super cool experience! These guys at Ultra Mix do it!
    Marissa Married on 06/25/2022

dance floor dreamssss

Dance floor dreams with the enhancements that totally changed the game for our Wedding! Unreal experience! We wanted it hype without a cheesy obnoxious MC. Ultra knew how to make that happen with saying very few words.
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Send a message
    Joshua M. Married on 06/19/2022

Amazing Experience!

We definitely enjoyed the DJ! Definitely improved the atmosphere and had everyone feeling great! Very professional and genuinely nice people!
    Teah Married on 06/18/2022

Luvvvvvv them

We couldn't think of a better entertainment vendor for our wedding. We knew that having ultra mix would be a game changer. All of their cool effects plus an easy music planner... It was actually fun just planning it with them. When the actual reception happened...it was mind blowing.
    Chloe Married on 06/03/2022

Totally need ultra mix

Don't wait! Get them! Ready to rock your event!
    Ryan Married on 05/07/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Special effects are awesome!

UME provides some really cool stuff! Definitely the go to for Cold Sparkler Effects!
  • Kyle
    Kyle L. Married on 08/28/2021

Awesome DJ

DJ Matt did an amazing job putting together awesome music for our wedding. He made the ceremony perfect with his timing and played everything we requested. The cocktail and dinner hours were awesome with music that kept the guests upbeat, happy, and ready to party. He honored our requests for the reception and added his own flare of music, transitioning well between songs to keep the party going. The dance floor was filled the whole night because Matt did a great job playing songs to keep the crowd hyped. Thanks again to Matt and Ultra Mix Events for an awesome wedding!
    J.d. Married on 11/09/2019

Hands Down Best Wedding DJ

As a former dj, I was very picky on who I wanted to spin our wedding celebration. In a 1st meeting with Matt, we knew we had found our wedding dj. But he was able to provide much more than tunes and announcements- Matt and Ultra Mix Events created EXACTLY what we wanted - an experience and a night that no one will soon forget. While everyone dreams of a different wedding night, Matt and Ultra Mix gave us more than we could ever imagine. Sparks, CO2, and a LED Robot were just a few surprises we had in store, all thanks to Matt’s epic vision! From one dj to another- highly recommend Ultra Mix Events for your wedding or any event!!!
    Amanda K. Married on 11/02/2019

Thank You!

Matt at UltraMix Events was extremely easy to work with - very professional and responsive. He made our vision come to life at the reception with beautiful uplighting and effects including cold sparks, dancing on clouds, and a GOBO monogram. We had many comments on how gorgeous the ballroom looked!
  • Cissi
    Cissi D. Married on 10/19/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Top Notch - MADE my wedding!

Ultra Mix’s team absolutely MADE our wedding reception! I don’t say that lightly. Matt was with me every step of the way, making sure our music tastes and preferences were reflected. He worked with my budget and delivered CO2 jets and non-flammable sparklers that exceeded my wildest expectations. We felt like celebrities. They gave my event 120%, making sure my reception ran smoothly.
    If you’re looking for an experienced, COOL wedding DJ, seriously look no further. And word to the wise, book them now before they’re famous. Thank you Matt and team for making my wedding unforgettable.
  • Aneya
    Aneya Married on 09/21/2019

10 yr Vow Renewal

Matt is the best!! I was truly worried about making sure we have a good quality DJ since our past experiences with DJs at other people's wedding, have been horrible! He reassured me everything was going to be ok and it was!! We heard nothing but compliments from our guests about everything we requested for Matt, especially our entrance with the dry sparklers. No one was expecting them! We did the photo booth, sparklers and ceremony/reception and everything was top notch! We are a group of people that love to dance and the dance floor was continuously packed. Thanks Matt!!
    Mahum I. Married on 06/15/2019

Pakistani/American wedding

Great working with Matt and DJ Bennii. Very Professional group! They were both very accommodating on such short notice. All of our guests loved the special effects both Matt and DJ Bennii were able to bring to the wedding. Would highly recommend them!!
  • Sarah
    Sarah Married on 11/17/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Would choose again & will recommend to friends!

Matt is amazing. He not only accommodated my specific requests (i.e. song requests from family members) but seamlessly incorporated them into more modern music as well. Can I just say it’s not easy to make NC beach music, Motown, 70’s pop and rock as well as pop music and hip hop go together. THIS GUY DID IT. He was a pleasure to work with and everyone we’ve spoken to has mentioned how much fun they had on the dance floor. Added bonus- we had quite a few teens and children and I am SO THANKFUL we did the photo booth option he has. Something for everyone! Thank you, Matt!!
  • Setu
    Setu S. Married on 11/17/2018

Cold Sparklers at Our Wedding

Ultra Mix Events did the cold sparklers at my wedding reception at the Hilton Charlotte City Center, and they were absolutely fantastic from start to finish. Matt was extremely easy to work with and his staff was able to coordinate with our vendors/hotel and follow all of our prompts for when we wanted to use them. The cold sparklers looked great and were completely safe for our wedding guests of about 500 people and hotel staff. We will definitely use Ultra Mix for our upcoming events in the future.
  • Crystal
    Crystal Married on 10/20/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating

You will have it YOUR way!

We can't say enough good things about our experience with Matt and his team!! We first met Matt randomly at a bridal expo and were drawn to his modern, beautiful display. We instantly clicked over our mutual affinity for electronic dance music and talked about wanting to incorporate that into our wedding but being unsure of how that would go since every wedding we've ever been to has had the same old "wedding" music (no offense traditionalists!).

We met with a couple other highly reputable/rated//very frequently used DJ companies in the area that advertise that they have the "secret sauce" to getting everyone dancing and appealing to guests of all ages and honestly we were disappointed - they made us feel like they "knew better" and what we wanted wouldn't work and they couldn't promise us it would be great if it wasn't what they've always done and "always works." They seemed to try to appeal to us through their reputation more than anything else.

Matt assured us from the beginning that not only could we have what we wanted, but that he could create an atmosphere that everyone would enjoy without having to compromise. I would say we gave him moderate direction - some of our favorites but not necessarily "must plays", descriptions of the vibe we wanted, and some definite do not plays (so important - sorry Journey, Usher, Flo Rida, etc, Bruno Mars, etc.) - and he turned that into the PERFECT mix! The ceremony entrance music was seamless, everyone loved the music playing before the ceremony, the sound quality was great (highly recommend a mic stand with a wireless mic for the ceremony as opposed to the lapel mic), the cocktail hour and dinner music was so fun we literally could not wait to start dancing afterwards - and then we had an EPIC dance party!!!

We didn't specify exact songs we needed to hear but somehow he knew exactly what to play - there is an embarrassing amount of pictures of me/us cheering when we heard certain songs playing and literally screaming the lyrics. We only played super current songs and various genres of EDM and EVERYONE loved it! We were so worried that people wouldn't get into it but everyone had such a blast and it is so evident in our pictures. Several people told us it was the most fun wedding they have ever been to and asked us for our playlist, and even my mother and aunts from South Korea who NEVER dance in public were on the dance floor all night!

Matt was everything we could have wanted and more. Reliable, so responsive - literally replying instantly to random facebook messages I would send when I would hear a new cool song I wanted to mention - and so professional as an emcee for our evening, rather than being cheesy, overbearing, and intrusive (you know the type...). The last thing I will say is that we didn't give much thought at all to lighting and the impact it would have. We gave Matt and his lighting tech literally zero direction - and it actually made such a difference! Our venue was The Oaks at Salem which is tented and outdoors, and the lighting created this beautiful, intimate ambiance during dinner and such a fun party vibe during our dance party. I really recommend that you go for it!

Choose Ultra Mix - you will get exactly what you want and you will have so much on your big day! We had a blast, and made a friend in Matt through the process.
    Kristen Married on 09/28/2018

Wonderful wedding experience

Ultra Mix Events did a fabulous job at our wedding. We were lucky enough to have Matt Butterworth recommended to us and couldn’t have been happier with our decision to have him DJ at our reception. The dance floor was packed all night and we got so many compliments about what a blast everyone had. Matt has a true talent for reading the crowd and keeping everyone excited throughout the event. Matt was very organized and detail oriented during the planning process. He is easy to work with and timely in responses. I can’t speak highly enough about Ultra Mix Events and would absolutely recommend them.
    Brittany Married on 06/09/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Butters is awesome, super easy to work with and accommodated everything we asked for!
    Rob Married on 05/26/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Matt was very professional and competent. We had no problems with the sound at all having a quartet and harpist playing during on outdoor wedding with rain. The reception was a blast and also went without a hitch, we didn’t have to do anything and he never bothered us. Thanks Matt !!
    Kandas Married on 05/19/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Matt was amazing so easy to work not only was he professional he was so kind his parents did a good job it was all love and he didn’t leave a spot on the dance floor not a spot!! Had the time of my life I’ve never danced so much every song back2back give you request and will fulfill to the top!!!
    Sean Married on 05/14/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    My wife and I new the importance of a DJ at a wedding and decided to go with Matt. GREAT DECISION!!! Matt was Amazing. My family is Trinidadian and he had everyone up dancing while mixing other genres together. I dont ever give out reviews, but Matt is special. Star in the making!
    Sarah Married on 04/21/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Matt and his team were INCREDIBLE!!! They provided my husband and I a "wedding planner" which detailed all of the songs for each section of our ceremony plus specific genres, songs to be played at the reception. He was always quick to respond to my emails, and they also provided a photo booth included with the package we chose. It is a priceless gift that we have to remember our amazing day! They had wireless microphones for our officiant during the ceremony, and they had every detail covered! They are worth every penny and I wouldn't have wanted any other DJ at our wedding.
    Tiffany Married on 04/14/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    My husband and I were married a couple of weeks ago and had Matt as our DJ for the night! He was easy to work with and was flawless with the music selections! He followed our plan exactly while also putting his own spin on things! Definitely a memorable night that was made even better by Matt! Would absolutely recommend him!!
    Megan Married on 03/10/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Matt is a one of a kind DJ! He made our wedding so special and kept our party alive. Multiple guest ask who he was, and I told them I would recommend him to anyone whom ask! Anytime I had a question he answered my emails quickly. Even with us being hours apart and only able to communicate via email, he accommodated everything I ask for.
    Trisha Married on 11/11/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Matt was great. Listened to all my wants for the wedding. He set the mood with the music and everyone danced, even my mom!!! He played some techno the final hours of the reception per my request and it was a hit!!! Great DJ and worth every penny. Thanks Matt, we love having you!
illustration stars