Ultra Mix Events Reviews

Ultra Mix Events 3
Ultra Mix Events 4
  • Sarah

Sarah C · Married on 11/17/2018

Would choose again & will recommend to friends!

Matt is amazing. He not only accommodated my specific requests (i.e. song requests from family members) but seamlessly incorporated them into more modern music as well. Can I just say it’s not easy to make NC beach music, Motown, 70’s pop and rock as well as pop music and hip hop go together. THIS GUY DID IT. He was a pleasure to work with and everyone we’ve spoken to has mentioned how much fun they had on the dance floor. Added bonus- we had quite a few teens and children and I am SO THANKFUL we did the photo booth option he has. Something for everyone! Thank you, Matt!!

• Setu

Setu Shah · Married on 11/17/2018

Cold Sparklers at Our Wedding

Ultra Mix Events did the cold sparklers at my wedding reception at the Hilton Charlotte City Center, and they were absolutely fantastic from start to finish. Matt was extremely easy to work with and his staff was able to coordinate with our vendors/hotel and follow all of our prompts for when we wanted to use them. The cold sparklers looked great and were completely safe for our wedding guests of about 500 people and hotel staff. We will definitely use Ultra Mix for our upcoming events in the future.

Kristen · Married on 09/28/2018

Wonderful wedding experience

Ultra Mix Events did a fabulous job at our wedding. We were lucky enough to have Matt Butterworth recommended to us and couldn’t have been happier with our decision to have him DJ at our reception. The dance floor was packed all night and we got so many compliments about what a blast everyone had. Matt has a true talent for reading the crowd and keeping everyone excited throughout the event. Matt was very organized and detail oriented during the planning process. He is easy to work with and timely in responses. I can’t speak highly enough about Ultra Mix Events and would absolutely recommend them.

Brittany · Married on 06/09/2018

Butters is awesome, super easy to work with and accommodated everything we asked for!

Rob · Married on 05/26/2018

Matt was very professional and competent. We had no problems with the sound at all having a quartet and harpist playing during on outdoor wedding with rain. The reception was a blast and also went without a hitch, we didn’t have to do anything and he never bothered us. Thanks Matt !!

Kandas · Married on 05/19/2018

Matt was amazing so easy to work not only was he professional he was so kind his parents did a good job it was all love and he didn’t leave a spot on the dance floor not a spot!! Had the time of my life I’ve never danced so much every song back2back give you request and will fulfill to the top!!!

Ultra Mix Events 5
    Ultra Mix Events 6

Sean · Married on 05/14/2018

My wife and I new the importance of a DJ at a wedding and decided to go with Matt. GREAT DECISION!!! Matt was Amazing. My family is Trinidadian and he had everyone up dancing while mixing other genres together. I dont ever give out reviews, but Matt is special. Star in the making!

Sarah · Married on 04/21/2018

Matt and his team were INCREDIBLE!!! They provided my husband and I a "wedding planner" which detailed all of the songs for each section of our ceremony plus specific genres, songs to be played at the reception. He was always quick to respond to my emails, and they also provided a photo booth included with the package we chose. It is a priceless gift that we have to remember our amazing day! They had wireless microphones for our officiant during the ceremony, and they had every detail covered! They are worth every penny and I wouldn't have wanted any other DJ at our wedding.

Ultra Mix Events 7

Tiffany · Married on 04/14/2018

My husband and I were married a couple of weeks ago and had Matt as our DJ for the night! He was easy to work with and was flawless with the music selections! He followed our plan exactly while also putting his own spin on things! Definitely a memorable night that was made even better by Matt! Would absolutely recommend him!!

Megan · Married on 03/10/2018

Matt is a one of a kind DJ! He made our wedding so special and kept our party alive. Multiple guest ask who he was, and I told them I would recommend him to anyone whom ask! Anytime I had a question he answered my emails quickly. Even with us being hours apart and only able to communicate via email, he accommodated everything I ask for.

Trisha · Married on 11/11/2017

Matt was great. Listened to all my wants for the wedding. He set the mood with the music and everyone danced, even my mom!!! He played some techno the final hours of the reception per my request and it was a hit!!! Great DJ and worth every penny. Thanks Matt, we love having you!

Bryan · Married on 11/05/2017

We were very happy with Matt. He was very flexible with what we wanted and stuck to our requests with no problems. His set up looked great at the reception and he kept the party going. We were concerned not that many people would dance but with his help, everyone danced all night!

Megan · Married on 10/28/2017

Matt was an amazing part of my wedding day. He had my guests up and dancing all night and never once played any of those songs you don't really know what to do when it's playing. Kept playing hit after hit keeping me on the dance floor all night.

Lindsay · Married on 10/27/2017

We used Matt for our ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception. We could not have asked for a better DJ!! He followed all of our requests exactly as we asked. He knew how to keep the party going on the dance floor, and when to play quieter music for the dinner hour. He made the wedding a really fun party!! Even our wedding planners were amazed at how good of a DJ he was and said he did a great job of picking music and not being cheesy or overpowering. He was better than what we could have imagined and I would HIGHLY recommend!

Brittany · Married on 10/14/2017

Matt the owner of ultra mix events is hands down the best DJ you could ask for! I actually found him through an add on Facebook! I was hesitant at first as I had not known anyone who had used him before. However I reached out to him & quickly knew that he was perfect for our wedding after messaging him about ideas!
    I was not only looking for a DJ but for someone who could also help transform our venue space to represent our ideal vision! Matt along with one of his partners Mike did just that! They did everything I asked for plus more! They put up white pipe & drapes along with twinkle lights & pink up lights around the entire room to give it a soft & romantic feel for the ceremony space! It was BEAUTIFUL!!! Just what I had visioned & explained to them I wanted!
    They also did the uplighting for our reception space & Matts DJ set up was so nice!! They ALSO provided a photo booth which included fun props & a photo album that Mike helped put together with the 2nd copy of each photo that was taken!!
    Matt went above & beyond as our DJ for the night! He played every one of our requested songs! He was so organized & on top of everything from ceremony to our entrance announcements , first dances & games!! And to top it off at the end of the night when we were having a blast on the dance floor he kept going. Past our allotted time we had him for! No complaints!!
    I cannot express how happy we are that we found & had Matt for our big day! Everything was just perfect & we owe a big part of that to both Matt & Mike!!! What a great team!! If your looking for a DJ to do it all.. Ultra Mix Events is it!!!!

Ultra Mix Events 8

Ashley · Married on 09/30/2017

Matt is a master of his craft. He is eloquent, professional, knowledgeable and completely devoted to his career. Not only did Matt go out of his way to meet with us multiple times to review our timeline, music selections, venue and set up, he took the time to make sure we had a vision of the event. Then he exceeded our imaginations. The lighting allowed for candid video and photos in the dance room. The monogram personalized the dance floor and added a flavor of our character. Matt kept our day moving along in a timely manner and even timed our entrance down to a specific second in our entrance song. He nailed our requested announcements – some were long-winded, some were humorous and witty, and some were sharp to keep the party moving along. He reviewed our playlist(s) and made suggestions, blended and mixed different parts, and adjusted throughout the day to extend songs which were crowd pleasers and cut short any songs that weren’t. Matt’s versatility should keep him entertaining only the finest events for years to come. We highly recommend Matt to anyone looking for a kick-ass, high-end DJ who’ll class up your event. We also are happy to provide a letter of recommendation to any venue looking to add Matt to their preferred vendor list.

Katie · Married on 09/23/2017

Choosing Matt was one of the best choices we made! He ROCKED IT. He was super easy to work with throughout the planning process. He was extremely flexible and even allowed last minute changes the day-of our wedding. He did everything in his power to make sure we were more than satisfied. Also, his light set up is incredible. I am so happy we went with UltraMix for our wedding. He exceeded all of my expectations! Thank you so much, Matt!

Lori · Married on 09/16/2017

Matt was amazing! People were dancing all night . He played the perfect music for us ! He will play whatever you want he is great to work with! You will be very happy with Matt!!

L · Married on 09/15/2017

Matt Butterworth DJed my wedding and absolutely killed it. Everything was perfect. He made the night progress smoothly and then (at our request) turned the last 2 hours of our reception into a an amazing EDM set. He was professional and courteous. He did everything we asked of him and more. People say the one part of your wedding you shouldn't compromise on is your DJ and Matt absolutely delivered. Look no further if you want to work with a professional who knows exactly what he's doing. Our wedding was perfect and he was a huge reason for that.

Kortney · Married on 09/03/2017

We cannot say enough good things about Matt! He not only did our reception but our ceremony music. I was very particular about what ceremony music we wanted and how we wanted it and he pulled it off perfectly! He did an awesome job playing music we wanted at the reception while mixing in other songs that the whole crowd loved! He was very professional and kind throughout the whole planning time! I highly recommend Matt for ceremony and reception DJing!!

Chad · Married on 08/05/2017

Matt was recommended to me & I would recommend to other couples looking for their weddings! He was great at the wedding and kept the dance floor going. He also was adaptable & flexible with our schedule. Plus it's nice to find a DJ who is more about making your day special than you have an 8 hour limit to squeeze everything in. I used Ultra Mix Events for the ceremony, cocktail and the reception and it made everything better. It was nice also to find someone that included uplighting, photo booth, etc. to help limit the number of vendors you would be trying to coordinate with.

Laura · Married on 07/22/2017

Matt was a wonderful DJ! Very friendly and professional.

He was very flexible with us as we had a few last minute changes. My dad and I had practiced a dance for our song together and needed the song to end at specific time, and Matt did great with the timing. He was very professional and made the wedding such a good time. We had some song requests that weren't necessarily the best for dancing, so Matt did a great job at interspersing them during the cocktail hour and meal.

Matt was a blast to be with during the wedding and truly made it spectacular. He reads the crowd very well and played something for everyone. The lighting was spectacular as well and really added that good time feel we had been looking for. I couldn't have asked for a better DJ!

He answered all my emails and texts within the same day and didn't mind when I sent him several in a row. I had some special requests and Matt did wonderfully with them. He found the specific version of a song I had wanted, and double checked what version when there was another song with several variations. We had some nerdy songs and Matt played them all.

Definitely go with Matt for your event :)

Stephanie · Married on 07/07/2017

Matt was extremely helpful, professional and took a lot of stress off of us when it came to picking songs. We told him the type of music and he absolutely delivered! We had an amazing time and he played the perfect songs at the perfect times. I would recommend him to every single person needing a DJ for an event!

• W

Will · Married on 06/24/2017

Matt was great to work with - flexible, accommodating, professional, and yet personable and easy to deal with. We would gladly recommend him to anyone looking for a DJ.