Tyler Arboretum Reviews

32 Reviews for Tyler Arboretum

• DylAnn

Dylann P. · Getting married on 07/10/2022

Most Epic Halloween Wedding

Emily McFadden orchestrated the most amazing Halloween wedding day we could ever imagine at Tyler Arboretum. When life gives you lemons, you make lemonade. Emily helped us see the full potential we could have with a government mandated mask wedding. She helped us pivot to a masquerade costume reception. It was so much fun to see not just our friends and family in costume, but also the waitstaff! The customer service, the food, decorations, were all incredible. We can't thank Emily and all of the wonderful staff enough.

Sent on 11/05/2020

Stephen G. · Getting married on 02/10/2022

Could not have been better and under trying circumstances with constantly changing regulations.

Emily and her crew were the best. Great service and very engaging, several guests commented on the quality and professionalism.

Sent on 10/26/2020

Taylor F. · Married on 06/17/2020

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Just wanted to reach out and say thank you and everyone on the JAM team. On what was supposed to be our wedding day, its hard not think about what could have been, but with all the support we have gotten from all of you, its easy to imagine what will be on our new date.

I am super appreciative for how easy your team is making this switch to a new date, and all the flexibility during these crazy times. Glad that we can focus on staying healthy and safe, knowing that we have the dream team helping us make our wedding day awesome even if it is not what we originally planned. Thank you for answering the endless questions, listening when we needed to vent, providing endless and helpful information, and just being available at any time. It is certainly making this whole process so much easier.

Kev and I thank you sincerely for all that you guys have done so far, and all that is to come. We are excited for what June holds, the chance to see everyone we care about, and the chance to celebrate something special.

Hoping you and your families are staying safe and healthy during this time.
    Looking forward to working with you all in the near future!

Thank you for everything! ❤
    -The Soon-to-be Hubers

Sent on 04/29/2020

Taylor and Kevin,
    This response to your review is long overdue and I do apologize. I know we spoke through email when you sent this in and I think you know how immensely GRATEFUL we are for this post, and for having a client like you! The value of keeping clients happy in the "not so easy times," far outweighs when the world is spinning as it should and everything is rainbows and butterflies. This means more than you will ever know. We truly have walked this journey hand in hand with all of our clients and to see the comfort you have felt makes everything worth it. Thank you for the gift of working with you!
  • Kerri

Kerri G. · Married on 10/04/2019

Absolutely Perfect

We had our wedding at Tyler Arboretum on October 4th and I couldn’t have imagined a more perfect day. None of it would have been possible without our amazing coordinator, Cassie. She made our whole experience extremely enjoyable, stress free and fun! From the ceremony in the magnolia garden to the reception in the barn, every second of our wedding was a dream!

Sent on 10/27/2019

Tyler Arboretum's reply:

Thank you, Kerri! You were so great to work with!! Everything was absolutely beautiful and we could not be happier to have been a part of your big day!!

Tiffany · Married on 06/21/2019

Best day ever!! (Literally!)

We could not have dreamed a more perfect day for our wedding! Everything was amazing including the food, cake, ambience, staff, and service! The location options for the ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception were all breathtaking and staged perfectly. We loved the fact that we had flexibility that wasn’t impacted by budget. Not to mention, a weatherproof plan B just in case. Cassie, our wedding coordinator, was absolutely amazing! She was super responsive to emails, answered all of our questions, and made the entire planning process completely painless and fun. She took our vision that we had for our day and brought it to life! She definitely understood us as a couple and we were very thankful and lucky to have that from her! Cassie and the entire JAM and Tyler staff made our day a dream come true! We could not have asked for a more perfect day!

Sent on 07/14/2019

Tyler Arboretum's reply:

Thank you so much, Tiffany!! We loved working with you! We are honored that you trusted us to bring your beautiful vision to life!
  • Sarah

Sarah M. · Married on 04/26/2019

Super accommodating, supportive staff in beautiful location

This team at Tyler Arboretum is on point. We highly recommend them! JAM Catering (Jeffrey A. Miller Catering) manages the event, and they truly take care of everything! Shout-out to Cassie Smith, our wedding coordinator, and her team, for making our wedding day the most incredible day of our lives! It rained on our wedding day, and we had to move our location from outside in the Magnolia Garden to inside in The Barn, and the team was so supportive, quick to response, and flexible throughout the whole process!

Sent on 07/05/2019

Tyler Arboretum's reply:

Thank you Sarah! You were so great to work with!! Everything was absolutely beautiful and we could not be happier to have been a part of your big day!!
  • Laura

Laura · Married on 09/01/2018

Amazing Labor Day weekend wedding

We booked Tyler for our 9/1/18 wedding and it was the best decision we made! We looked at about 20 venues and each one just had something missing. When we walked onto Tyler’s grounds we knew that was our place! The grounds are impeccably kept and are beautiful. The greens and the flowers are just amazing. They have multiple options for outdoor ceremony locations and each is just as beautiful as the next. The reception tent is so sweet with the string lights and clear top, overlooking the gardens. The best part about this venue though is the “back-up” rain plan. Guys, Tyler’s plan B is better then most places plan A’s! This was truly the selling point for us. The renovated barn is stunning, and we ended up using it as the weather was not on our side that day. We received SO many complements on how beautiful our ceremony was and how great the barn was. Jeffery Miller was incredible to work with and the food was top notch. Our wedding coordinator Lauren was also amazing, and spent so much Time with us answering all of our questions, and the day of she made sure that everything ran smoothly and made sure that we were eating :) We could not have been happier with our choice for Tyler, and it will always hold a special place in our hearts!

Sent on 10/22/2018

Tyler Arboretum's reply:

Thank you Laura! You were so great to work with!! Everything was absolutely beautiful and we could not be happier to have been a part of your big day!!

Katelyn · Married on 06/16/2018

Our wedding at Tyler was perfect! We planned from halfway across the country, and I never even saw Tyler before we booked it. My mom checked it out for me and fell in love with the beautiful grounds. She was totally right, and we were so happy when we finally saw Tyler in person! It is a stunning place to get married.
    Best things about Tyler:
    1. Wedding coordinator included with your contract. The entire planning process was made SO much easier by our wedding coordinator, Emily. Seriously, I don't think I could have planned a wedding from a distance without her!!!! We didn't need to hire a wedding planner since she was so helpful (that's huge $$ saved!). For an entire year, she was so quick with responding to emails and helping with every detail.
    2. Ability to have an outdoor ceremony and reception, weather permitting, but also have great rain backup plans. We lucked out and had amazing weather that allowed us to get married on a beautiful lawn surrounded by trees. We had our reception under the tents, which was perfect. The view your guests get from under the tents looks out on the Arboretum and is even more beautiful as night falls and the string lights on the tent ceiling light up. Had it been raining, getting married in the barn would have been great, too.
    3. JAM catering. WOW... I may be biased, but I really think this was the best wedding food I have ever eaten in my life. Everything from the hors d'oeuvres to the cake was fantastic. I am still thinking about our entree (chicken pad thai with grilled salmon) a month later.

We were initially concerned about the dancing area (Terrace Room) because it's pretty dark, but the recent renovations have made it look much nicer, and it was actually great to be able to dance in an air-conditioned room. We had an 8-person band in there, and it was perfect.
    We were so impressed with the service we received from Tyler/JAM. Thank you for giving us the most perfect day!!
    Do not hesitate to book your wedding here.

Sent on 07/22/2018

Tyler Arboretum's reply:

Thank you Katelyn! You were so great to work with!! Everything was absolutely beautiful and we could not be happier to have been a part of your big day!!

Courtney · Married on 05/19/2018

Highly recommend

We loved having our wedding at Tyler Arboretum. The venue is gorgeous, the new barn won our hearts, and even with a rainy/misty day, it was a beautiful place to get married. (The flexibility of many options in case of rain was one of the reasons we chose Tyler - and we were very glad we did!) Emily is phenomenal to work with - answered our many (many) questions, walked around the venue multiple times with us to create our vision, and made it so all we had to focus on the day of the wedding was the joy of what we were celebrating! Highly, highly recommend.

Sent on 01/21/2019

Tyler Arboretum's reply:

Thank you Courtney! You were so great to work with!! Everything was absolutely beautiful and we could not be happier to have been a part of your big day!!
  • Samantha

Samantha · Married on 04/21/2018

*POST WEDDING UPDATE* JAM gave me the wedding I had no idea I even dreamed of. I wasn't really into a lot of the details, so beyond a main outline, I just let JAM, Buttercup, and the rest of my vendors take the reigns and I would not have changed a thing. Emily was the most amazing coordinator to work with, and I could not be more thankful. JAM truly makes every penny worth it...and then some.

We chose Tyler Arboretum for our upcoming wedding in April 2018 and we could not be more excited. We booked Tyler not only because of the beautiful grounds and barn, but also because of the exclusive caterer at this venue, Jeffrey A. Miller. When we started touring similar venues, I quickly became overwhelmed thinking about having to choose a caterer, rentals, and coordinating everything myself. Not to mention that the costs quickly started adding up! JAM is so inclusive with their services that you could truly stick to their lowest tier package and have a wonderful wedding. This is practically impossible at any other venue.

At Tyler, JAM does only 1 wedding per day and it will take place after hours leaving you with all 600+ acres for your private event (golf cart included to make the most of your time!). I don't think it gets any better than that! I was also blown away by how many beautiful options they have for ceremony locations....and THE BARN. I was completely in love with the barn the moment I saw it. Also, I was very focused on the rain plan because of getting married in April. Tyler was the only venue that I felt was not only fully prepared for rain, but I also wouldn't be completed devastated by how it would look or that I wasted my money.

The only negative about having my wedding at Tyler is knowing that I won't get a chance to see ALL of the beauty that Tyler has to offer that day. I also can truly say that Tyler/JAM has made the planning process as stress free as possible at a surprisingly affordable cost for everything they do.

Sent on 12/17/2017

Tyler Arboretum's reply:

Thank you Samantha! You were so great to work with!! Everything was absolutely beautiful and we could not be happier to have been a part of your big day!!

Susan · Married on 05/13/2017

My advice would be not to worry about weather - Tyler and JAM create a wonderful wedding rain or shine. My daughter's wedding was Saturday in the pouring rain and everything was beautiful in the tent for the ceremony and cocktail hour and in the bar for the reception. Food was out of this world, and plentiful too. Dana our wedding planner was wonderful, and everyone we spoke to at JAM was too. The flowers provided by JAM's florist, Buttercup, were beautiful and created within our budget.

Sent on 05/19/2017

Tyler Arboretum's reply:

Thank you Susan! You were so great to work with!! Everything was absolutely beautiful and we could not be happier to have been a part of your big day!!
  • User5198018 · 2+ years ago

This is a great venue. There are so many options to customize your ceremony and reception. The wedding planners are very flexible and responsive to schedule changes and questions. I always receive up to date information and responses to my questions. The group menu tasting is fantastic. You get to see how the food tastes when prepared on a larger scale, as it would be for your event.

Sent on 04/04/2016

Tyler Arboretum's reply:

Thank you so much! We loved working with you! We are honored that you trusted us to bring your beautiful vision to life!

Nancy · Married on 06/26/2015

We had so much fun visiting Tyler Arboretum on several occasions during our planning!!! It is one of the most beautiful places
    I have ever seen. The grounds are kept impeccable while keeping that "wild and organic" feeling!! My daughter was married in
    the "Butterfly Garden".It was absolutely gorgeous!! Angela, the event coordinator, was always very friendly and professional!
    She was hands on the entire day making sure everything ran smoothly!!! All of our guests kept commenting about the beauty
    of the grounds!!

Sent on 06/30/2015

Tyler Arboretum's reply:

Thank you so much Nancy! We loved working with you! We are honored that you trusted us to bring your beautiful vision to life!

Leslie · Married on 05/27/2012

Tyler Arboretum was the perfect venue for our late spring wedding. The grounds are so beautiful, and the open air terrace and indoor barn area made a perfect reception area. Our guests were so impressed with what a pretty venue we had. Monica, the onsite coordinator, is extremely helpful and very responsive to any emails. Tyler does have an exclusive caterer, Jeffrey Miller, which may make the venue out of reach for some. However, Jeffrey Miller also happens to be one of the best caterers in the city, and you will NOT be disappointed with the food. Additionally, Tyler provides a golf cart to transport any elderly guests who may have trouble moving from the ceremony to the reception area. So it is very accessible, especially for an outdoor venue.

Although I was worried the week before about the weather (rain was on the forecast for days); Monica, the onsite coordinator, made me feel at ease because we would still have a very nice indoor option. In the end, it was a beautiful, albeit HOT, day. Everything came together so beautifully, and I can truly say that my wedding day exceeded my and my husband's expectations. That is a rare thing to be able to say when wedding expectations run so high. You will not regret choosing Tyler.

Sent on 06/01/2012

Tyler Arboretum's reply:

Thank you so much Leslie! We loved working with you! We are honored that you trusted us to bring your beautiful vision to life!

Alana · Married on 05/20/2017

My husband and I love the outdoors, and having our wedding in a beautiful arboretum like Tyler was absolutely perfect for us. We wanted a venue that wasn't a traditional wedding venue, and Tyler fit the bill. We took a bit of a risk when booking, since at the time, the historic barn was under construction and we had trouble getting a good sense of the space. However, we are so happy we took that risk because everything turned out better than we could have ever dreamed. We got lucky with the weather, however, the arboretum does provide great alternatives in the case of inclement weather. The grounds are spectacular, and in the months leading up to our wedding we made many excuses to drive down to Tyler to explore all their beautiful gardens. We worked with Jeffrey A. Miller Catering, the exclusive caterer for the venue, and had a wonderful experience with them as well. For a nature-loving couple that isn't looking for the traditional ballroom or country club setup, we highly recommend the Tyler Arboretum, and we are so thankful that their team was a part of our special day!

Sent on 07/16/2017

Tyler Arboretum's reply:

Thank you Alana! You were so great to work with!! Everything was absolutely beautiful and we could not be happier to have been a part of your big day!!
  • Kayla

Kayla J. · Married on 01/10/2021

Perfect wedding day

My husband and I got married at Tyler Arboretum on 10/25/2019. We were obsessed with the Stone Barn from the moment we walked on site and the gorgeous grounds of the surrounding pastures and fields. We were PRAYING the leaves would be bright orange and red for our day, nature didn't disappoint! We had some rough patches during our planning process (slow responses from a planner, but we ended up requesting a new one and she was EXCELLENT)! Cassie, the GM, is amazing. She is very responsive, flexible, accommodating, courteous etc. She was is a rockstar. Dana and Christy were our planners and they were amazing as well. They kept us calm on the day of and made sure the day went off exactly as planned. Our food was amazing and everyone told us they had the best time. It was truly perfect. We cannot thank them enough for their efforts in making 10.25 the best day of our lives, we will never forget it!!!

Sent on 01/14/2020

Tyler Arboretum's reply:

Thank you so much, Kayla! We loved working with you and Sam!! We are honored that you chose us to make your special day everything that you envisioned!
  • Shannon

Shannon G. · Married on 10/10/2020

So beautiful

This venue has SO many options to make your wedding unique to you. If you love romantic ambiance and twinkle lights go for it! JAM caterers run the event for you, and they have an amazing team. I’m so glad we last minute looked at wedding wire for local venues, and Tyler last minute canceled an event so we could book this venue! I will never forget how beautiful this day was.

Sent on 10/11/2020

Tyler Arboretum's reply:

Shannon, what a lovely review to receive! We are SO happy that we made this wedding the one of your dreams! This review means more than you can EVER know. Truly. Thank you from ALL of us for being the very BEST client! Congratulations on becoming Mrs. Wolf officially! Love to you both!

Delia T. · Married on 11/10/2019

Outstanding Services

We had our ceremony and reception at Tyler Arboretum with the JAM team. One of my best friends had gotten married at another JAM venue; it was lovely and she only had good things to say about JAM so I was optimistic about Tyler from the jump! First, what a great venue. The grounds are gorgeous and the barn is rustic and charming. The reason we wound up going with Tyler is because of the flexibility in options. I've been to too many weddings where the rain plan is cramped or chaotic because of the need to flip the ceremony space (or non existent lol). With Tyler, we felt that the bad weather plans were just as fantastic as the A plan.

Speaking of options, for the catering/planning/decor they are literally endless. I wondered if by picking a company that does so many weddings if I would feel like I was being carried along the industrial wedding assembly line, and rest assured that is not the case here. They really make you feel like your wedding is special and work hard to follow your vision rather than just fitting you with a cookie cutter package. You work with a planner (I worked with Dana who was so knowledgeable and Christy a veteran planner helped on the day) to help craft everything from linens and layout to the timeline for the day. You also get to attend a fantastic tasting event during the planning, which I thought is great because you get to experience the food at volume (they invite all the couples getting married at your venue that season). Everyone loved the food at the wedding and they also go the extra yard to bring us an appetizer plate to the bridal suite during cocktail hour.

From inventory drop off to packing everything up at the end of the night, they were efficient and organized. They made it so all we had to do on the day was show up and enjoy ourselves. Would definitely recommend Tyler and JAM to anyone who wants to be able to craft their own event creatively but still have professionals to help guide the way!

Sent on 01/30/2020

Tyler Arboretum's reply:

Thank you Delia! You were so great to work with!! Everything was absolutely beautiful and we could not be happier to have been a part of your big day!!

Ann · Married on 07/21/2018

My daughter got married at Tyler Arboretum in the pouring rain this past Saturday (7/21/18), and we are still basking in the joy of that day. My daughter had really wanted an outdoor wedding, but the weather did not cooperate. The rainy weather alternative (ceremony and cocktail hour on the tented terraces) were fantastic and easier on the guests that had mobility issues. The ceremony was perfect. The officiant was David Branekey from Journys of the Heart. He added a lovely spiritual element to the ceremony, and gently guided all participants through the ceremony. The flowers were beautiful- truly spectacular actually (thank you Tom and Buttercup). Tom is an artist and added many special touches to his floral design for the wedding. JAM provided amazing food- especially at the cocktail hour. The bartenders were professional and friendly. All the catering staff were helpful and added to the happy vibe of the day. Finally, I have to thank the JAM wedding coordinator Lauren for making sure everything went smoothly. She is really good at her job, and knows a lot. My advice to future brides is to trust her advice. I really liked Lauren and thought she contributed a lot to making my daughter’s wedding day close to perfection. Thank you Tyler, Thank you JAM, Thank you Tom and Buttercup, Thank you David, and Thank you Lauren. It was a joyful day.

Sent on 07/24/2018

Tyler Arboretum's reply:

Thank you Ann! You were so great to work with!! Everything was absolutely beautiful and we could not be happier to have been a part of your big day!!

Caitlin · Married on 10/08/2016

This venue is seriously amazing and I am so happy that I am having my wedding here!!!

First off, the exclusive caterer is JAM catering. For my wedding I obviously want delicious food, so I was set on researching a caterer that received consistently great reviews and offered a more unique menu than your standard wedding fare. JAM received consistently good reviews, and after our tasting, I can see why! The food was excellent! We are honestly so excited to get married so that we can eat that delicious short rib again! Also, JAM provides a coordinator that is a life saver. The coordinator is in amazing asset when it comes to those little details that you probably have not even thought about.

The venue is simply stunning. The natural beauty of Tyler Arboretum makes it great for pictures and then there is also the amazing tent-covered back patio or the BEAUTIFUL new barn for your reception. Honestly I feel so lucky that we booked when we did because once people start to see this pinterest worthy remodeled barn, this place is going to have a waiting list a mile long.

I

Sent on 07/15/2016

Tyler Arboretum's reply:

Thank you so much Caitlin! We loved working with you! We are honored that you trusted us to bring your beautiful vision to life!

Megan · Married on 08/22/2015

Wow! Talk about the perfect place!!!! I called around to sooooo many vendors before finding Tyler and we are so glad we did!
    What's so great about them? Let me make a list:
    - They give you a wedding director
    - GOURMET food (seriously, gourmet)
    - Wedding cake of your choice
    - Appetizers of your choice
    - You don't have to pay for a liquor license and can control the amount drank by guests (you have to provide the liquor, but don't worry, your wedding director will suggest the amount needed and it's PLENTY!)

There are so many other great things but here is the BEST!!
    - You and your family don't worry about ANYTHING on the big day!!!!
    You can have ANYTHING you want, and you drop it off to your director at the arboretum a few days before your wedding; you tell them how you want everything set up and where and they take care of EVERYTHING! Honestly, there are absolutely no worries on your day. You get to enjoy every little bit of everything without a worry! We are so incredibly thankful for having Tyler and our planner. The only thing we would have done was extended our time by a couple of hours!!

Sent on 09/11/2015

Tyler Arboretum's reply:

Thank you so much Megan! We loved working with you! We are honored that you trusted us to bring your beautiful vision to life!

Christine · Married on 05/18/2013

Tyler Arboretum was the perfect setting for our May wedding! I can't tell you how many compliments we received from our guests about the beauty of the location, originality of the ceremony and how great the food was! I think people really loved being outside for a wedding and they really loved that the wedding was different from the typical church/ballroom wedding/reception. Plus we had the ceremony and reception there, so it was easy for everyone. We are still receiving compliments from people who attended. We also ignited some of our guests interest in Tyler as a park, some of them already have went back to hike the trails! Also, our coordinator Dana was amazing! Super friendly, very quick responses to all my questions and emails and believe me I sent a lot of emails, but she responded to each one! Everything was planned and organized effortlessly. She gave us suggestions, explained everything thoroughly when we first met her and was overall great at her job! Dana contacted all my vendors 2 weeks before the wedding and coordinated schedules and drop off times. The day of the wedding, I didn't have to worry about anything, Dana took care of everything, the staff at Tyler set up all the decorations and box everything up at the end of the night...it was so easy!! We couldn't have picked a better location than Tyler, it's amazingly beautiful, the staff was so helpful, and having a coordinator is the most helpful thing in the world! Our wedding was absolutely stress free! I couldn't imagine a more perfect wedding day! Thank you Tyler Arboretum and Dana!

Sent on 06/04/2013

Tyler Arboretum's reply:

Thank you so much Christine! We loved working with you! We are honored that you trusted us to bring your beautiful vision to life!

Tyler Arboretum was such a beautiful venue to get married at! The flowers and grounds are just breathtaking! So much fun for guests to walk around and see everything- we had lawn games, our ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception all at the arboretum but still were able to have variety in the locations! I couldn't recommend Tyler Arboretum enough!

Sent on 06/10/2018

Tyler Arboretum's reply:

Thank you! You were so great to work with!! Everything was absolutely beautiful and we could not be happier to have been a part of your big day!!

Stephanie · Married on 09/30/2016

3.5

If you want a beautiful outdoor venue with plenty of backup options in case of bad weather, pick this place! The trees and property are gorgeous. It ended up raining all week prior to and during the day of our wedding, the staff worked great with our vendors to move the ceremony into the newly renovated barn, there were truly no snags in the day! The "captain" of the evening was excellent, she made sure everything was moving smoothly, she even noticed that me and my husband were walking to say hello to guests, to make sure our food was put on hold until we were back sitting down.

Sent on 12/19/2016

Tyler Arboretum's reply:

Thank you so much Stephanie! We loved working with you! We are honored that you trusted us to bring your beautiful vision to life!

Jennifer H. · Married on 10/19/2019

Beautiful!

Tyler Arboretum is a beautiful venue with many options for ceremony and reception sites. The hard part is deciding which area to use for what. They all look gorgeous!

Sent on 12/20/2018

Tyler Arboretum's reply:

Thank you Jennifer! You were so great to work with!! Everything was absolutely beautiful and we could not be happier to have been a part of your big day!!