Two17 Photo & Cinema Reviews

71 | Dresher, PA

71 Reviews for Two17 Photo & Cinema

Corinne Deberry · Married on 10/07/2017

Two17 captured the most intimate and important moment in my life beautifully

We had the absolute best experience with Pete and Two17 Photo & Cinema. We went with Pete after seeing the candid photos Pete took of his family. My (now) husband and I do not love sitting for photos because we can get stiff. I explained to Pete that we wanted photos like the ones we takes of his family because they were just so full of love and life. We were not disappointed.

Every single picture from our wedding and reception is warm and real and beautiful. Everyone's joy is perfectly captured and the photos immediately take us back to that moment. I also cannot believe they managed to make us look so good. We are not serious picture people, but we have portraits and candid shots that are so stunning, I cannot believe are us. We also have photos that show our silly side. I feel certain that Pete and his team captured every time we laughed, embraced, danced, sang, and cried. During what is probably one of the most intimate moments in my life, they were there. They were so unintrusive that the only reason I know that is because I have the pictures I am so grateful they took.

When we saw our "teaser" wedding video, I cried. Hard. They combined the most important parts of the day and the most touching parts of my father's toast. It still brings me to tears even thinking about it now. My dad has shown it to every person he has ever met (for example, our dry cleaner, who I have not seen in 20 years). The idea that I have this video to remember the words my dad shared with us that day is almost too much for me to think about. I treasure it beyond what I can express in words. By the time the full length video came around, I had very expectations, which were of course exceeded.

On such an exciting and whirlwind day, Pete and his team were incredibly gracious, professional, and kind. Despite never meeting them in person before that day, they felt like friends. They rolled with the punches, kept us to the schedule we set, and made us feel so special and taken care of. Before and after the wedding they were unbelievably accommodating and patient with our busy schedules. Over a year later, our parents still have not finalized their albums, but Pete gently reminds me so that we get everything we paid for.

They remain everything we could ever want in photographers/cinematographers and so much more. We have referred them to some of our best friends who also had fantastic experiences. Seeing Pete at their recent wedding was like seeing an old friend. We will never use anyone else for our photos. I cannot give a higher recommendation.

Sent on 02/26/2019

Two17 Photo & Cinema's reply:

Corinne.....Thank you so much for such a wonderful review. We feel the same way about you guys and we loved our experience with you guys and your families. I too have watched your video over and over again and I still haven't made it through once without choking up myself. It was wonderful to see and laugh with you guys you the other week as well. All our best.....until then next time!

Allison · Married on 09/22/2017

I can offer nothing but the highest rating for Pete's services as a photographer. I feel blessed that we found him in the first place! His use of color and composition make every shot phenomenal and frame-worthy. His disposition is very pleasant, easy going, relaxed; and he's full of good ideas for shots.

I cannot express enough how highly I recommend Pete. We still talk about how awesome he is/how beautiful the pictures came out to this day, 2 years later.

I personally think it was the BEST DECISION (out of the 100s of decisions) I, as the bride, made regarding my wedding.

Sent on 05/17/2011

Two17 Photo & Cinema's reply:

Allison! Thank you so much for such a wonderful review! We had a wonderful time with you, Adam and your families. Thank you for being so open to any photo ideas we had. Congratulations to you both!

Naomi · Married on 09/03/2017

We absolutely loved working with Pete and the 217 team for our wedding. From the beginning, Pete was super easy to talk to and accommodating of our specific requests. The photo and video from our wedding day turned out better than we could have imagined and our family and friends all agreed. Pete and the crew were totally unobtrusive but also managed to capture all the moments we wanted (including ones that were completely unexpected). We highly recommend going with him.

Sent on 02/10/2018

Two17 Photo & Cinema's reply:

Thank you Naomi for your kind words. Our team absolutely loved working with you, Jacob and your families. What a wedding you guys had! At the end of the night we were all high five-ing each other like we had just won a big game or something. It was such a rush to document your day. Your wedding stands out as one of our favorites of the past 10 years for sure. All the best to you both!

Chelsea · Married on 09/02/2017

Pete and his team were absolutely wonderful! I can not recommend them enough. We used him for both our engagement and wedding and the photos were stunning. He was responsive, funny and really understood us as a couple. Not only did he do an amazing job he is worth every penny.

Sent on 09/12/2017

Two17 Photo & Cinema's reply:

Thank you Chelsea! We had a blast with you, Bob and your wedding party. And we all stayed "relatively" dry in the all day downpour. I am thrilled to hear that you are so happy with your photos! All the best to you and Bob.

Helen · Married on 08/19/2017

Pete from Two17Photo was fantastic. Not only were the pictures and albums beautiful, but he also helped us plan out the day to make sure we had time to get in all of our pictures while still having time to enjoy cocktail hour ourselves. The photo booth was a hit, and we were able to use part of the venue itself as the back drop. He helped make sure we got every photo we wanted from the formal family shots to a group photo of every person there to staying and capturing the excitement on the dance floor through to the end. Pete was a joy to work with, was very helpful, and gave us some beautiful photos.

Sent on 02/18/2018

Two17 Photo & Cinema's reply:

Helen, thank you so much for your kind words. You and Josh were a joy to work with and you had such a beautiful and emotion filled day. There were multiple times during the day where we were fighting back tears and hiding behind our cameras! It was our pleasure to be a part of your day. Thank you for trusting us to capture everything for you. All the best for many wonderful years of happiness together!

Stacy Ann · Married on 06/17/2017

Pete and his team were a dream to work with from the very beginning. He was recommended to me by a dear friend, who is a fabulous photographer, and captured our wedding exactly how we requested. From our first meeting at his home office, he listened to all of our crazy requests and made them all a reality. Our wedding was at a family property and although there was a threat of rain all day, we lucked out. The team was fabulous in the humidity and crazy games the sun and clouds played ... we opted for video and the photo booth as well. The team stayed until the very end and you could tell they enjoyed what they were doing and worked well together. We would highly recommend them to anyone who wants your wedding captured perfectly!!

Sent on 07/07/2017

Laura · Married on 06/10/2017

Pete and Tom captured our love story from the beginning! I can't even put into words with how they made all my photo dreams come true! I wanted engagement photos in the woods, but in an evening gown. Pete made the glam come to the woods. We climbed over huge tree logs and onto huge rocks in the river to capture the perfect moment for popping champagne. He really has an eye for detail. People still comment on how amazing those photos were .

My wedding day was flawless with him! He made the timeline run so smoothly that we made it to cocktail hour! Pete made myself and my husband feel so comfortable with the full day of photos. We had a blast shooting together. Everyone that I show the photos to are BEYOND impressed. He captured all of the little details and all of the special moments. Although Pete has shot at my venue of Congress Hall in Cape May, NJ before, he went along with all of the spots I had in mind. Pete is someone that has an artistic eye without having to give lots of direction. He saw a spot and the perfect lighting and went with it! His turn around time was beyond impressive! I had some photos within 3 days of the wedding! The entire album was viewable after only a few weeks! Many of my family and guests commented to me on how kind and sociable he was. Guests could tell we were comfortable with him and likewise. Our wedding had crazy dancers and Pete really captured those moves! I was very a inquisitive bride, and Pete always met my emails and questions with kindness. I can't say enough good things of 217 photography. I highly recommend them for anyone!

Sent on 06/25/2017

Two17 Photo & Cinema's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words Laura! You and Rich were so much fun and so easy to work with. Tom and I felt as though we both clicked with you guys right off the bat on the engagement session in January in the mud. You were such a trooper for wearing that evening gown on the rocks in the creek! The wedding was beautiful and so much fun. It has ben our absolute pleasure getting to work with and to know you, Rich and your families and friends!

Laura · Married on 06/10/2017

Pete and Tom were such easy going and down to earth photographers. They made taking photos so much fun and not awkward at all. Pete really let me use my creativity in our wilderness glam engagement photos. I was always emailing different questions and he was so responsive! He and Tom made our whole wedding party feel important and relaxed for all of the photos. Sometimes being with a photographer all day can be so awkward, and our experience with 217 was the exact opposite. The final photos were beyond amazing. Everyone was obsessed with our prints. I really appreciate how Pete really captured our whole wedding venue in our photos. We were able to get so many different backdrops for our photos, which is very unique. I could go on, and on about all the fabulous things 217 did for our big day. They are quite simply the best in the business!!!!!!

Sent on 09/09/2018

Lauren · Married on 04/08/2017

Pete and Two17 were AMAZING! We had several calls before our wedding date to confirm all details. They were so receptive of what we wanted for our big day. The photos turned out more beautiful than we could have imagined! They captured every special moment.

Sent on 06/12/2018

Two17 Photo & Cinema's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words Lauren! You and Ross were not only a pleasure to work with but you guys were so much fun too! We are thrilled to hear that you are loving your photos. Now onto the album design!

Claire · Married on 01/07/2017

The thing I most loved about 217 is that they made us feel so comfortable and natural almost instantly, and throughout the shoot. I never thought I'd feel so comfortable in front of a camera! That made the shoot -- and the photos -- flow so well. Pete had innovative ideas that resulted in interesting photos. What's more, he got incredible, easy, natural photos of us that really reflected our relationship. Any decent photographer can get great angles and good lighting. But if you want photos that feel like YOU, comfortable, easy, intimate, and REAL, 217 is the way to go.

Sent on 04/03/2017

Two17 Photo & Cinema's reply:

Thank you C.C! You were a joy to work with and you made our job easy. Real, comfortable and intimate is what we try to capture in every photo we take. I'm so happy to hear that we did just that for you in your photos. Thank you for such kind words. We are thrilled that you are enjoying your prints and album!

Erin · Married on 11/19/2016

Working with Pete and the two17 team was a DREAM. From the very beginning he made us feel comfortable with the process. He was extremely responsive and from our very first meeting we knew he was our guy. He allowed us to swap out services in one of his packages to help us create exactly what we were looking for. I was hesitant about being in front of the camera, however he made the entire process so easy. (I highly recommend doing engagement photos- this helps you become more comfortable in front of the camera!) We could not have been happier with how our wedding photos came out. Multiple friends and family commented on how professional he was and how he seemed to "blend in" without being in the way during our ceremony and reception. We were so happy with not only our prints but also our album. We would highly recommend two17 photography to anyone!

Sent on 05/30/2017

Two17 Photo & Cinema's reply:

Thank you so much Erin! We had such a wonderful time working with you and Steve throughout the planning of your wedding and of course on the wedding day. Laughing with you guys came easily and naturally and I feel as though we were a very good fit for each other. I hope we get to see more of each other in the future. We would of course be happy to work with you and your families again. All the best to you and Steve!

Cathy · Married on 11/12/2016

From our first meeting, we knew Pete was the right choice, he was professional, warm, had ideas about what works but was willing to listen to what we needed from a photographer as well. He was fun to work with, easy to communicate with and was completely unobtrusive on our wedding day. But best of all (and most important when you're talking about a photographer) his photos are beautiful!! They capture the energy and joy of the day shot after shot. I simply cannot recommend Pete and his team highly enough.

Sent on 11/23/2016

Two17 Photo & Cinema's reply:

Thank you Cathy! I LOVED working with you and Randall. You guys were so happy and joyful to be around and you made it easy and fun to be your photographer. I am so happy to hear that you have been enjoying all of your photos and video and I am excited to get started on your album!

Brittany · Married on 11/11/2016

We LOVED working with Two17 Photo & Cinema!!! Pete and his team have a unique ability to make you feel like no one is even there capturing your special day. He truly has an amazing talent of making you feel right at home/like you have been friends forever. We had the chance to learn about Pete and his work through a friend. Let me just say it was the best connection we made!!!

Pete is professional, enthusiastic and quick to respond. He made some of the most stressful parts of wedding planning completely stress free with his flexibility and ability to really be able to bounce off idea's to make sure our wedding photo's were everything we dreamed of.

We are so happy with our album and our photo's we will be enlisting Pete to capture more very special moments in our life.

If you are looking for a photographer to truly capture your wedding day!!! Pete & Two17 is the way to go!

Sent on 05/30/2017

Two17 Photo & Cinema's reply:

Thank you Brittany for such a wonderful review! If we could review our clients I would also give you the highest marks.....ha! You guys were an absolute pleasure to work with and we LOVED your wedding. I only hope that we can find many more opportunities to work together in the future. All the best to you and Mark!

- Pete

Dana · Married on 10/22/2016

Pete went above and beyond from the very beginning to make the process of planning and executing our wedding day stress free and perfect.

Pete is quick to respond, professional, and highly enthusiastic about his work.

His pricing is more than reasonable because of the high quality of service and photos you get when he works with you.

One of the many things I loved about working with Pete is the fast turn around time. Once the wedding day is over you will be dying to see the pictures taken! In less than a week Pete had a ton of photos on a mobile app that we could use to share with all our family and friends. Might I add that every single one of the pictures were breathtaking and some even brought tears to my eyes!

Another great attribute about Pete is how personable he is. Sometimes taking photos can be awkward, but not with him. He makes you feel very comfortable and makes taking photos fun! Most of the time they are candid photos which I think are the best kind of photos.

If you are hesitant or nervous about hiring a photographer because it is such a big decision, look no further. Two17 Photography is the way to go.

Sent on 11/01/2016

Two17 Photo & Cinema's reply:

Thank you Dana! You and Christian were a pleasure to work with from the engagement session through the wedding day. You guys were just so enjoyable to be around and we laughed together a lot. Your wedding day was beautiful and it couldn't have gone more smoothly. Thank you for your incredibly kind words. I hope we can find the opportunity to work together on future family events. I would LOVE to see you guys again!

Alisha · Married on 09/24/2016

Pete and team were incredible. From the moment we met for our engagement shoot he made us feel relaxed and natural. He was very clear in all his correspondence before the wedding and arrived early on the day and was really careful about giving us all space without missing any important moments. While the photos were stunning I would encourage everyone to also get a video! All around great job, my family is still raving!

Sent on 05/17/2017

Taylor · Married on 09/10/2016

Pete and the Two17 team made our wedding complete. We had such a blast working with them and they really knew how to deliver exactly what we were looking for. Every time felt like old friends snapping shots and they always made us feel so comfortable. We laughed, we joked, and wound up with amazingly beautiful engagement photos and wedding day shots that we will cherish forever. Thanks Pete!

Sent on 11/15/2016

Two17 Photo & Cinema's reply:

Thank you Taylor. You guys are like old friends. I had almost as much fun as you guys on your wedding day. It was has been a pleasure getting to know you and Lex and I hope that we can continue our relationship beyond your wedding. You guys are my kinda people! Thank you for such a kind review of Two17 Photo & Cinema!

David · Married on 08/27/2016

Pete was wonderful to work with—he is flexible, open-minded, and eager to please. We found him through a site that recommended LGBT-friendly wedding photographers—we could not be happier. The love of his craft is palpable. He is energetic and has a fun-loving spirit. We are grateful that we chose to work with Pete on our big day. It is clear that he loves what he does. And it shows.

Sent on 09/10/2016

Delanie · Married on 05/20/2016

My husband and I agreed early on in our planning that the wedding photographs were very important to each of us. As soon as I discovered Pete's website and browsed through some photos he'd taken for other couples, I knew he was who we wanted. The quality of his work speaks for itself. In our interactions, Pete was organized, knowledgeable, and easy to communicate with. Throughout the entire process, from planning and booking to walking down the aisle, we never once stressed or worried about photography. We were confident that Pete would do a wonderful job, and he did. We are absolutely thrilled with the end product. We have been married just over a year now, and we often look through our photos to relive moments or share stories that may have been missed in the commotion of the day. This is something I know we'll continue to do throughout the years. Pete's style and attention to detail in taking our photos is part of what makes reliving these moments so easy and enjoyable. In short, booking Two17 Photo & Cinema was one of the best decisions we made in all of our wedding planning and I would recommend them to everyone and anyone.

Sent on 07/24/2017

Ellen · Married on 04/16/2016

I have been following Pete from 217 Photography on Social Media for many years, always admiring his beautiful photography, so when I got engaged in 2014, I knew where to go!

From the first email, Pete was professional, prompt & upfront. After booking, we scheduled our engagement session. Pete has a great eye for unique locations. We ended up with really cool pictures from the quiet side streets in Rittenhouse Square in Philadelphia.

Pete and Alexa were excellent to work with the day of our wedding. Both arrived on time, put us all at ease and kept it light and fun. Pete even helped us with our day of wedding timeline, making sure we didn’t forget anything and keeping us all on track.

My husband and I were thrilled to get a sneak-peak of the pictures just a few days after the wedding, while we were on our honeymoon. The pictures turned out better than I could have ever imagined and our wedding album is absolutely gorgeous! We’re so happy that we made the decision to book 217 Photography for our wedding! You will not be disappointed with Pete’s work!

Sent on 01/05/2017

Two17 Photo & Cinema's reply:

Thank you so much Ellen! And thank you for taking us into a wrestling ring for your wedding party photos! That was a first for us and it was one of our favorite locations for photos in all of 2016. You and Eric were an absolute pleasure to work with. Hopefully we will find many opportunities to work together again. Thanks for such a wonderful review!

Sophie · Married on 11/07/2015

Pete was such a pleasure to work with. During the stressful time of planning a wedding, he really made everything so easy for me. He is reliable, accommodating and most importantly, he captured the most magical moments from my wedding day, pictures I will cherish forever. I just received my final wedding album and I am so happy with it. Pete is reasonably priced, a professional and just a good guy! Loved having him at our wedding.

Sent on 06/21/2016

Dana · Married on 10/24/2015

When I first asked my now-husband if he'd consider having our wedding filmed on Super-8, his reaction was, "Can't we just add an Instagram filter to the video or something?" When I explained how magical Pete's demo reel of Super-8 footage was, he agreed to give it a shot. Fast forward a few months to us receiving the final video after the wedding: my husband is in tears on the couch, squeezing my hand and saying, "This was the best decision you ever made."

All this to say, Pete's videography is outstanding. You can't replicate the intimate feel of Super-8 footage. The style is timeless, classic, and deeply emotional. We have this truly unique memento of our special day on DVD - and Pete also uploaded the teaser so we could share the trailer digitally on social media. Talk about taking a vintage style and making it relevant again. All I know is, one day our future children are going to be watching this from the couch, maybe even tearing up a little, squeezing our hands.

Thanks, Pete!

Sent on 08/24/2016

Two17 Photo & Cinema's reply:

Thank you so much Dana! You guys had the perfect wedding for Super-8 Film. It was beautifully planned, decorated and full of emotion. The setting was gorgeous and the wedding party was a lot of fun. I LOVED that you convinced Jesse to trust you on the Super-8. You will love watching that for years and years. Imagine in like 50 years watching it again. Super-8 is timeless and it will look just as good then as it does now. Thank you so much for trusting me with your memories. All the best to you and Jesse for a wonderful lifetime together.

Jaclyn · Married on 08/23/2015

I absolutely loved working with Pete. He was so easy to work with and wonderful to talk to. He really got my husband's and my personality and worked great with us to make our pictures easy and perfect. We really enjoyed working with him and would highly recommend him to anyone. He listened to us, took our feedback and made us feel very comfortable.

Sent on 02/29/2016

Two17 Photo & Cinema's reply:

Thank you so much Jackie! You guys were wonderful to work with as well. We clicked immediately and had such a blast on the engagement session at The Linc. Then on the wedding day it was like photographing friends rather than a "client". Thank you so much for your kind words!

Pete and Alexa not only produced amazing photographs of the wedding, they captured the story of the day. Plus, they are lovely people who got all the crucial shots without ever being obtrusive or interrupting the mood of the day. When the evening was over we hugged them--they really felt like participants in the happy occasion, not just 'vendors.' Pete answered emails promptly leading up to and after the wedding and the engagement photos were magnificent also. We cannot recommend 217 highly enough!

Sent on 09/09/2015

Rachel · Married on 05/16/2015

Thank you to 217 Photography for capturing the most perfect photos of our wedding day. Pete Malone is truly an artist, his photographic talent and vision is unsurpassed. Not only did he capture the most beautiful images of our day, but he helped us plan our timeline for the wedding day and kept us on track the entire day too! We are SO forever thankful we chose Pete as our wedding photographer.

Sent on 06/02/2015
  • Leslie

Leslie · Married on 09/26/2014

217 Photography was by far the best decision I made for my wedding!! Pete and his team are an absolutely amazing group to work with. From day one speaking with Pete about our wedding I knew he was our guy. He has the most pleasant personality and is very responsive with emails and phone calls! The day of the wedding they were there on time and things ran so smoothly! I am so in love with my wedding photos!!! Pete's work is just so unique and beautiful! I have so much wonderful feedback from family and friends! Hands down this is the company you want!!!!!

Sent on 10/10/2014