Two17 Photo & Cinema Reviews

71 Reviews for Two17 Photo & Cinema

• Melissa

Melissa Stone · Married on 12/28/2019

Amazing Videographers

I can't say enough about our experience with this vendor. They were so accommodating and spend the entire day with us. The video they put together was absolutely beautiful. It will be forever cherished in our home. The way they took our voices from reading letters we wrote to each other and placed bits and pieces throughout the video was amazing and so touching. I came back to them with some additions I wanted added after they had finished in in just a day or two they went back and edited everything I had asked for. I would absolutely hire them again.

Sent on 02/27/2020

Two17 Photo & Cinema's reply:

Thank you Melissa! We are thrilled to hear that you are loving your video but more excited to hear that you can already tell that your video will be a valuable heirloom in your home for years and years to come. Thank you for your kind words. We loved working with you and your families. All the best for a wonderful future together and I hope that we do have opportunities to work together in the future!

Jamie Hohn · Married on 11/30/2019

Awesome to work with!

Pete and Tom were both so great to work with. They were relaxed and fun and got so many amazing shots. All the posed shots were great, but I also was impressed at how they caught so many great moments throughout the reception that really captured the whole tone of the wedding. The fact that they don’t limit their time or charge by a certain window of time, but are present the whole time was also a huge plus. Highly recommend them!

Sent on 12/20/2019

Two17 Photo & Cinema's reply:

Thank you Jamie! Tom and I enjoyed the fun and relaxed day that you put together and we were thrilled to share in it all. You guys helped us to close out a fantastic 2019 wedding season in style. All our best to you and Kevin for a wonderful new year!
  • Breanna

Breanna · Married on 11/02/2019

Do not look anywhere else.

We hired Pete (and our second shooter Tom) for our wedding day on November 2nd of this year. It was hands down the best decision we could have ever made for ourselves. Pete and Tom made us both feel so confident and comfortable in front of the camera. They never once felt like photographers.. they felt more like our friends. The entire experience was so conversational and relaxed that we were able to act like ourselves. The photos from our wedding of my husband and I have never felt more "us." No one has ever captured the way that everyone says my husband looks at me... and I can see it so vividly in about 100 photos from our wedding day. They make the little moments the big moments. They make the big moments shine ever brighter. I cannot say enough amazing things about two17 and I cannot wait to continue to work with them as we grow our family. If you are looking for the photos you have always dreamed of... look no further. This is your team.

Sent on 12/12/2019

Two17 Photo & Cinema's reply:

Breanna, thank you so much for your wonderful review. Tom and I couldn't have had a better time with you and your families. You guys were just a pleasure to work with and so easy going. Your wedding was a reminder to us of why we love doing what we do. I know that this is the start of a great relationship between us too. We love you guys! Congratulations again to you and Tony. Thank you so much for trusting us to capture the story of your wedding day.

Kel · Married on 08/04/2019

I cried tears of happiness when I got my photos

In the days following my wedding, I was really in that post wedding slump- the day I had been meticulous planning was over which was reliving, sad and happy all at once. I felt like it was the best day ever and I didn’t want to forget one moment, but as the days passed it all started to blur. Then I got my wedding photos from Two17 and I sobbed the happiest of tears. They captured my wedding day just how I remembered it. As I looked through the photos I could remember how the day started, the funny parts, the emotional parts, all of it was there. It was this moment that I realized just how important choosing your wedding photographer is... I feel so lucky that I hired Two17 for my wedding day. My two photographers were Tom and Pete. Aside from the amazing end product, they were both just delightful to have with us. They went above and beyond their job as “just” photographers. Pete helped all six groomsmen properly secure their boutonnières to their tuxedos. We had no idea there was a right way to do it. I was so worried about getting the train of my dress dirty while taking photos outdoors before the ceremony and Tom and Pete made it a priority to help me carry it and place it so only the underside would get dirty. It seems so trivial now but I was so anxious about it and they made me feel so much better. Tom and Pete work really well together. You could see them say just a couple of words to each other and they would immediately start aligning people for photos or getting in position for a desired shot. This chemistry and efficiency was noticed and appreciated by multiple members of my family. I am so so grateful for Tom and Pete. They were wonderful to be with on the actual day of our wedding and we now have incredible photos to show our future children and to remember our wedding day by. Two17 is worth their weight in gold.

Sent on 08/16/2019

Two17 Photo & Cinema's reply:

Kesley, thank you so much! Tom and I couldn't have had a better day with you and Matt. You guys were so easy going and down for anything. The day was just about perfect and you guys seemed to just love every minute of it all. Thank you for putting your trust in us to capture your wedding day. We are thrilled to hear that you love all of your photos!
  • Amanda

Amanda · Married on 07/20/2019

Amazing, awesome, perfection!

My new husband (woohoo!) and I could never say enough wonderful things about Two17 Photo & Cinema. Pete and his team were so warm, creative, and the nicest people!! They listened to what we envisioned and their work captured every special moment from our day. Aside from their incredible photos, it was a joy to have them around. They kept the mood light and happy, which was very important for us! They were seriously stealth and caught even the smallest details! Pete and his team were also excellent communicators. The online portal makes it simple to access your information. We are truly thankful to Pete and Two17 Photo & Cinema for bringing their amazing vibe (and awesome photo skills) to our wedding day!

Sent on 07/05/2019

Two17 Photo & Cinema's reply:

Amanda! You guys were so much fun to spend the day with! We truly had such a wonderful day with you guys and your heartfelt ceremony helped to remind us of why we love doing this. Thank you for inviting us to take part in your day. I hope that you, Jeff and I will get to see each other soon and often!

Teresa · Married on 07/12/2019

Best decision ever!

My fiancé and I were hesitant to get engagement photos. We had trouble justifying the cost and were nervous about being in front of a camera. We had already booked a wedding photographer through a family friend and engagement photos were not included in our package. I reached out to Pete at Two17 towards the end of September about pricing and availability for an engagement session. He was easy to get in touch with and answered all of my questions. He was able to squeeze us in that week for a 2 hour engagement shoot at a park near out apartment. As soon as we met Pete, we felt at ease. He calmed all of our initial nerves and helped us warm up to the camera. We played games, told stories and laughed so hard that my face will be sore for weeks! We just received the digital images and we are OBSESSED!! We could not be more thrilled with Pete and his team at Two17. They are professional, responsive and a pleasure to work with. We highly recommend them to any and all who are in need of professional photography services.

Sent on 10/22/2018

Two17 Photo & Cinema's reply:

Thank you Teresa! I am thrilled to hear that you guys are enjoying the photos. I too had an incredible time with you guys the other week. We all did laugh a lot and made some incredible images together.....plus we were able to squeeze in just a bit of personal finance discussion (which every good engagement session should have). Thank you again for choosing to work with us. All the best for a wonderful wedding!

Katherine · Married on 06/22/2019

Hiring Two17 was one of the best wedding decisions we made!

My husband and I are so happy we chose to hire Two17 to photograph our wedding. Throughout the process, Pete was knowledgeable, easy to communicate with and thoughtful in his responses to my (many) questions and concerns. Pete was also very flexible and focused on making sure he understood what we were looking for. For example, I wanted to take pictures on Penn's campus, which required driving from our wedding venue, and Pete helped us figure out how to make this happen.

On the day of our wedding, my husband and I both found it easy and comfortable to interact with Pete and it definitely helped us feel more relaxed while being photographed. We are so happy with the way the photographs turned out. Pete captured some genuine moments of love, laughter and fun on our wedding day. It brings a smile to my face every time I look at our photos.

Hiring Pete was definitely one of the best decisions we made for our wedding!

Sent on 08/01/2019
  • Colleen

Colleen M Selner · Married on 06/15/2019

Two17 - the best!

Working with Two17 Photography was one of the best decisions I made for my wedding - hands down! Working with Pete leading up to the event was incredible. He was there to answer any question that I had (and trust me, I had a lot!). He always was very professional yet incredibly friendly to my husband and I. We met Pete for the first time during our engagement shoot, and he made the entire evening wonderful. He made my camera-shy husband so comfortable and had us laughing the entire night. The wedding was no different. Pete and Tom did such an incredible job capturing our special day. He was a wonderful companion to have on our wedding day and really knew what he was doing logistics wise. Pete took a lot of the stress away from me on the day of, because of his experience and expertise in creating a flawless experience for us. I would hands down recommend Two17 to any bride looking for an excellent photographer who will be there for you every step of the way!

Sent on 07/26/2019

Two17 Photo & Cinema's reply:

Thank you Colleen. You and Robert were an absolute joy to work with. Tom and I had such a wonderful day with you and your family. Thank you for trusting us to capture it all for you. I only wish that we could do it all again!
  • Suzanne

Suzanne · Married on 04/27/2019

Great photos and easy to work with

Pete was our engagement session and wedding day photographer. He was super flexible and very professional. He did a great job of getting us to pose and take good pictures. Love our gorgeous pictures!

Sent on 06/23/2019

Two17 Photo & Cinema's reply:

Thank you for the kind words, Suzanne! It was absolutely my pleasure working with you and Oliver on your engagement and wedding. Thank you for trusting us!
  • Samantha

Samantha Pierce · Married on 01/26/2019

Exceeded Expectations

We found Two17 on the knot and chose them to be a part of our wedding on January 26, 2019. When we were reading reviews, majority of them described Pete and his team as being part of their wedding, helping them feel comfortable even if they didn't like being in front of the camera all day, and truly capturing their day with the video. The reviews were so true! From the second I spoke to Pete on the phone I knew we were going to love him and his team. They made us laugh constantly, captured so many beautiful candid moments, and the video brought us back in time. It was truly magical. If you're on the fence about doing a video, DO IT. You won't regret. If you're looking for a photographer who is professional and personable, with an amazing sense of humor, and will also give you thousands of exceptional photos/videos, they're your team. I highly recommend Pete and his team!!

Sent on 07/22/2019

Two17 Photo & Cinema's reply:

Sam! Thank you so much for such kind words! Our entire crew had such a wonderful time with you and Connor as well. I remember riding in the car to City Hall and all of us just chatting about the day and live in general. You would have thought we all had spent weeks together getting to know each other instead of just meeting in person a couple hours before. We loved being a part of your day and we are so happy to hear that you are loving your photos and video!

Claire · Married on 01/12/2019

These guys are THE BEST!!!

If you're thinking about hiring Two17 for your wedding video, stop thinking about it and just do it! Jordan and Pete were down to earth and so incredibly professional. Throughout the day, Jordan gave us specific tips about how to position our bodies to get the best shot and we really appreciated the direction. If you decide to hire Two17 I recommend going through their videos and emailing Pete the specific things you liked about your favorite ones. We did this and our video was ABSOLUTELY PERFECT. It was exactly what I was hoping it would be. Lets also talk about turn around time. When my sister got married, she had a different videographer and it took him 8 months to produce a two minute video that was set to music. It took Jordan just TWO DAYS to produce the most heartfelt and cinematically perfect video. Go with Two17- you won't regret it!

Sent on 01/14/2019

Kristine Wagner · Married on 12/31/2018

Two17Photo & Cinema is extremely talented

We chose Two17Photo & Cinema to video our daughters NYE wedding on a strong recommendation from a personal friend who is also in the media field.
    Having never met before, it was as if we knew Pete and Jordan very well. They are great guys, personable and extremely professional. We never really knew they were filming the whole day and night.
    We received a two minute teaser video shortly after the wedding that blew us away. In this short snippet they truly captured the essence of the day and evening.
    The way they angle the camera on the bride and groom and the use of any related architectural details made for a very artsy and professional result.
    I have shared this video clip with many family and friends and have received numerous compliments. Many felt they were watching a movie trailer and many shed a tear because it was filmed so beautifully.
    We simply cannot wait until the full video

Sent on 01/13/2019

Two17 Photo & Cinema's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words, Kristine. And thank you and Franz for welcoming us and making us feel a part of your entire day. It's always difficult being away from family on New Year's Eve, but Jordan and I felt at home with the warmth and love shared by your families and friends all night. Thank you for inviting us to share in such a special day in your family's history.
  • Alicia

Alicia · Married on 12/08/2018

The best ever!!

Two17 Photo came highly recommended to us by friends who had used them for their own wedding and we could not be happier with our decision to book them!! Pete and his team were with us for over 12 hours on our wedding day - including several hours of shooting outside in 35 degree weather. We felt super comfortable with Pete having done an engagement shoot with him a few months prior, but our entire group felt the same way right after meeting him. The guys jumped right in as soon as they arrived and seamlessly captured every part of our special day. My dad was super impressed with Pete, particularly how quickly he learned everyone's names in our 25 person bridal party. Pete is incredibly talented and one of my favorite things about him was how excited he would get when he knew he got a great shot - he truly loves what he does!

We received our photos back within 2 weeks (which is a feat in and of itself) and we are in love with all of the beautiful images. We also used Two17 for videography and are very happy we chose to add that so we can relive our day for years to come. I cannot recommend Pete and his team enough - they are simply the best!!

Sent on 12/20/2018

Two17 Photo & Cinema's reply:

Thank you Alicia! You guys had one of the most fun weddings that we have been a part of....and we do this every weekend, all year long! We had so much fun with you guys, your families and everyone in the wedding party. Thank you for having us along for the party!

- Pete
  • Z

Zak · Married on 11/11/2018

Totally fantastic

Pete and his crew are truly awesome! Not only are they great photographers but their personalities really helped lessen the stress of our big day!

Sent on 11/28/2018

Two17 Photo & Cinema's reply:

Thanks so much Zak! You guys were a lot of fun and we had a blast working with you all inside such a wonderful museum.
  • Christine

Christine · Married on 09/22/2018

So happy we booked Two17!

We hired Pete and team for our wedding this past September. We went back and forth on the need for videography and in the end I am so, so happy we decided to go for it! Pete and his team were so professional throughout. I had one call with Pete to discuss our wedding and I could tell he was the perfect mix of professional and also super easy to work with. We booked Pete immediately. Thankfully Pete had worked with our wedding planner a bunch before so I only needed to have one more quick convo with him before the wedding, and otherwise he was all set!! Pete and team showed up to the house to film while the girls were getting ready. They weren't in the way at all and got some really cool shots of us all just having candid moments.

Once we got to the venue we immediately went into our first look at private vows. Pete and team worked so well with our photographer to make sure they had all the angles they needed covered. Our two minute video from Pete we received at the end largely focused around this private vow exchange and I still cry when I watch it!! He did such an excellent job catching us in our true moments and also mixed in some of our vow audio with shots of us laughing and joking through the first look. I couldn't have asked for more - except maybe more time - consider upgrading your teaser video package :)

The post-wedding process was super easy as well. We just sent Pete an external hard drive and he sent us back our teaser video and all the raw footage from the day. We've even had fun just going through some of the raw footage!!! We got the teaser video within two weeks of our wedding which we think is a super fast turnaround time!!

Book Pete and team if you're considering it. He's great to work with and provides an excellent end product!!

Sent on 11/25/2018

Two17 Photo & Cinema's reply:

Thank you Christine! What a wonderful review. You guys have been an absolute pleasure to work with and we LOVED your wedding. That day was incredible and your vows to each other were so beautiful and heartfelt. Thank you for trusting us with your wedding memories. All our best to you both for a wonderful marriage and a lifetime of happiness.

Stephanie · Married on 09/15/2018

Pete & Lorraine were the dream team of the day!

I put this review off for over a year because I knew it would be hard to write. Why? Two17Photo did such an incredible job, I couldn't wrap my head around how to put it into words. So here goes it: I've known Pete and his work for a long while now, I think even before I met my now husband. The work he and his company is doing is stellar- consistent, colorful, and best of all, the couples look comfortable! As a former wedding photographer myself, I know that last part can be difficult to achieve.

When it came time to select vendors, my husband and I did our due diligence with other photographers. But, I kind of always knew it would be Two17. We were able to negotiate a comprehensive package that included an engagement session, day-of coverage, and a photobooth for the reception. It was exactly what we wanted and killed two vendor birds with one stone.

All the communication we had was so professional; Two17 Photo has great customer service automations set up to remind you of key dates, payments, documents needed, and a photo portal where you can view your photos to date. During wedding planning, when I felt like I was chasing down many vendors, I knew I didn't have to worry about the photographer.

Engagement sessions are inherently weird, but necessary to know what to expect come the big day. Pete came to meet us in our hometown and managed to make a boring bike path look like the most beautiful fall backdrop!

The day of the wedding was a whirlwind, but everything photo-wise went smoothly. Pete & Lorraine dealt with my lists of desired family photos, difficult reception lighting situations, and a slew of drunk guests like the pros that they are. Thank you so much for everything, Pete & Lorraine! Our day wouldn't have been as special without you guys!

PS- R.I.P. Esteban

Sent on 10/01/2019

Two17 Photo & Cinema's reply:

Thank you for the wonderful and kind words, Stephanie. We loved working with you and were blown away by your creativity. It was our honor to be a part of your unique day. And I am sure that Esteban's final moments being tossed around on the dancefloor were some of his best. His sacrifice was well worth it! Ha!
  • Nicole

Nicole · Married on 09/14/2018

Great videographers!

These guys know what they're doing! We were so lucky to have found Two17. They were very professional, nice, and most importantly, they did a great job capturing the best moments of our big day. We just loved how experienced and knowledgeable they were. We didn't have to stress out because they knew exactly what they were doing and what we wanted!

Sent on 10/29/2018

Two17 Photo & Cinema's reply:

Thanks for the kind words Nicole! It is definitely important to know that you can trust your wedding professionals to be professional, courteous and calming. I'm glad that we were able to put you guys at ease in knowing that we had you covered! All the best to you guys!
  • Alexis

Alexis · Married on 09/08/2018

Beyond incredible to work with!

Pete and the entire Two17 team were beyond incredible to work with!

We knew we made the right decision in choosing Two17 to photograph our wedding day after our engagement photoshoot. We were so impressed with the quality of work Pete produced during a frigid December day in NYC. Not only is Pete incredibly talented and professional, but he's also a pleasure to work with. Pete made everyone feel comfortable and calm during our wedding day—not to mention that we were completely blown away with how beautifully both he and Tom captured the most special moments of the day. I seriously cannot imagine having had anyone else photograph our wedding. Thank you for everything! Also, I highly reccommend adding the photo booth-- our guests loved it and it's so much fun!

Sent on 04/28/2019

Two17 Photo & Cinema's reply:

Thank you Alexis. We had such a great time with you, Dave and all of your family and friends on your wedding. I truly enjoyed spending the afternoon with you both on that cold December day as well. You guys did so well in front of the camera in spite of the frigid conditions. Thank you both for a wonderful review and all the best to you for the future!

Samantha · Married on 08/05/2018

Pete & Two17 were amazing from the first consultation to post wedding! My husband and I typically hate taking pictures, but our day of photographers, Tom & Alexa, made the day so easy. They got a lot of great shots (plenty of candids!) with barely any time away from the party. We couldn't have asked for a better photographer team!

Sent on 08/31/2018

Two17 Photo & Cinema's reply:

Thanks so much Sammy! I am so happy to hear that you had such a wonderful experience with us throughout the wedding planning and through to the wedding day with Tom. We love your photos too and we are all thrilled to hear that you and Brian are happy with everything. All our best to you both!

Sarah · Married on 07/14/2018

We had an incredible experience with Two17 Photography! Pete was very professional, easygoing, fun, personable, and engaging. He made taking outdoor photos on a 90 degree July day an absolute blast! Our pictures are beautiful, Pete was so creative in finding great spots to take pictures and in giving us helpful direction. There was no stress, no confusion, and no difficulty working with Pete, both on the wedding day and in the months leading up to the wedding. My husband and I would highly recommend Two17 Photography to everyone for any occasion!

Sent on 09/11/2018

Two17 Photo & Cinema's reply:

Thanks so much Sarah! You guys were such troopers for hanging out in the hot summer sun for photos that day! It was a pleasure to get to know you both. All the best for a wonderful marriage!
  • Casey

Casey McClellan · Married on 06/23/2018

Doesn't Get Any Better!

My husband Kyle and I were married in June at Congress Hall in Cape May. It’s taken us this long to write a review because it’s been difficult to put our incredible experience with Pete and his crew into words. Hands down Two17 was our favorite, most consistent and reliable vendor. Not only were Pete and his crew extremely professional and patient, but they were a BLAST! We utilized them for photo and video and the quality of both were impeccable. There wasn’t a request or suggestion made to Pete that wasn’t well received and accommodated. At all times there was a photographer and videographer within an arm’s reach, even late into the night on the dancefloor, but never intrusive or distracting. We received both a photo and video sneak peek within a week of the wedding which helped hold us over until we received the rest of the flawless final products!

It was important to us that our vendors were familiar with the venue and with shooting on the beach so we started (and ended) our vendor search with Congress Hall’s preferred vendor list. Two17 came highly recommended and was the first photography/videography appointment we had scheduled. After our initial meeting, we felt so confident and excited that we cancelled the rest of our appointments and booked immediately! One of the only easy decisions we made while planning.

In recapping our wedding day with our guests, countless had asked us to remind them what our personal relationship with Pete was. We explained that prior to hiring him for our wedding it was strictly a professional relationship. The camaraderie between us, Pete and his crew was so natural and effortless that our guests assumed we were long-time friends…which we now consider ourselves to be ;).

We’ve both been a part of several other weddings/bridal parties and we can confidently say that no one compares. Look no further, Two17 is your crew!

Sent on 12/05/2018

Two17 Photo & Cinema's reply:

Casey, WOW! What can I say? That was just incredible. Thank you so much for such kind and beautiful words. Your wedding stood out to us as one of our favorites in the 12 years that we have been doing this. You guys, your families, yoru wedding party and everyone else couldn't have been more pleasant to be around. I also hope that this isn't the end of our friendship. Hopefully we will be able to share in many more moments with you, Kyle and your families for years to come!
  • Arielle

Arielle Gajer Asman · Married on 06/17/2018

Great experience!

Pete and his team were so great to work with! Not only did we LOVE the photos and videos they took at our wedding, the team was also enjoyable to work with and extremely professional. They were on top of all the details along the entire planning process and made the experience easy and fun. We would definitely recommend Two17 Photo!

Sent on 04/22/2019

Two17 Photo & Cinema's reply:

Arielle, thank you so much for the kind words. You know that we adore you and your family and we are always so happy to see you all at each of your family's weddings! Thank you for continuing to put your trust in us to document such momentous occasions for you! All or best.

Kristen · Married on 05/11/2018

Amazing all around.

Pete was great throughout the entire process, making sure my husband and I were comfortable, and that my family was getting everything they needed for the wedding. Especially for the engagement photos, I always feel very awkward with pictures, but he made us feel as comfortable as possible and the pictures turned out amazing. I probably e-mailed him a million times throughout the year and a half but he was always responsive and making sure our questions were answered. Amazing service and a great person all around.

Sent on 11/27/2018

Two17 Photo & Cinema's reply:

Thank you so much Kristen! We loved working with you guys. And I really enjoyed just talking with you both during and after our album design meeting. You guys were such a pleasure to work with. Thank you for including us in your day!

Sarah · Married on 11/18/2017

Pete and his team were simply amazing to work with. Prior to the wedding, Pete was always available to answer our questions or address our concerns. We also had our engagement pictures taken by Pete, and they came out beautifully!!

On the wedding day itself, Pete and his team were so easy to work with. They knew exactly what shots to take, and made everyone laugh and feel comfortable. Our bridal party and our families absolutely adored them. I truly feel blessed to have had them with me on the big day.

After the wedding, we almost immediately got a teaser video, which I watched about 30 times even while I was on my honeymoon in Hawaii. The video couldn't have been more perfect. Pete also had our proofs ready in less than a month. By far the fastest time ever when I compare my experience to other friends who've gotten married. And the pictures came out better than I imagined. The team captured all the right moments - I was tearing up as I was scrolling through them!

If you're still on the fence about a photographer/videographer, do yourself a favor and hire 217 Photo. They were the best decision we could have made :-)

Sent on 12/14/2017

Two17 Photo & Cinema's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words, Sarah. You, Jeff and your families were a joy to work with. We had a lot of fun right along with you all on your wedding day. I am so happy to hear that you guys are enjoying everything so far. There is so much more to come too!

Lina · Married on 11/17/2017

We had Tom photograph our wedding day. He was wonderful! He remained calm and flexible throughout the entire event as we were behind from the get-go since Hilton delayed our check-in! Nonetheless, Tom was a professional! Not only did Tom take beautiful outdoor dusk photos, but he was also able to complete ALL our family photos just in time for the ceremony.

Sent on 01/19/2018

Two17 Photo & Cinema's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words Lina. Tom had a wonderful time working with you guys as well. We are thrilled to hear that you are loving your wedding photos. The dusky image by the river are some of our favorite of the year! All the best to you guys!