Two Fat Men Catering Reviews

35 Reviews for Two Fat Men Catering

• Amy

Amy · Getting married on 08/03/2019

Wonderful People, Wonderful Food

We are so excited to work with Two Fat Men. The tasting was AMAZING! We also loved their kindness and hospitality. Blanca even came and picked us up from a nearby shopping center because we locked our keys in the car. We love them!

Sent on 03/13/2019

Two Fat Men Catering's reply:

Hi Amy thank you so much for the awesome review! It is our privilege to work with such wonderful couple!
  • Angela

Angela · Married on 06/15/2019

Amazing from Start to Finish

I wouldn't have dreamed of having anyone but Two Fat Men cater for my big day! From start to finish, they were so easy to work with. Any changes or updates I needed to make to the menu or guest count were easily accommodated and the day of service was phenomenal. All my guests are still talking about how amazing the food was - if you're looking for options, I highly recommend the cornbread crusted chicken! They also provided an excellent bar tending service for me and even helped me with the cake cutting and provided the knife and cutting set, which saved me on some costs. All around, a wonderful company to work with; they really did go above and beyond. The food, staff and service were all top notch and I very highly recommend.

Sent on 06/28/2019

Cathy · Married on 06/29/2018

A few of our relatives have used TFM for their wedding. Their service was awesome, service staff was friendly and quick, and their food was delicious. We were hoping to have leftovers to take home but our guests loved the food so much many went for seconds!

Sent on 07/19/2018

Hi Cathy,

Thank you for the awesome shout out. It was beautiful wedding and reception, your dress was AMAZING. We love events at The Cordelle. Thanks again for having Two Fat Men Catering be part of your & Daniel's special day. Wish you the best.

Patty · Married on 03/10/2018

Excellent food and service! We are so glad that we chose Two Fat Men Catering!!

Sent on 03/16/2018

Two Fat Men Catering's reply:

Thank you Patty! You were such a joy to work with and we loved being a part of Katie and Josh's big day!

Jayde · Married on 09/23/2017

Deb and Karen as well as the whole Two Fat Men team are absolutely phenomenal!!!! They were very responsive and timely to all of my questions leading up to our big day! Our guests are still raving about the delicious meal!!! I wish I could rate more than 5 stars. I couldn't imagine our day without them, and HIGHLY recommend them if you are looking for top notch service, delicious food, and a team who will go above and beyond! They even sent us home with a delicious picnic basket so we could enjoy leftovers! Thank you Two Fat Men team for making all of our dreams come true!!!!

Sent on 03/16/2018

Two Fat Men Catering's reply:

Jayde we were honored to be a part of The Smith wedding! You were absolutely stunning. Dillon is a lucky guy! Your mom was a joy to work with and we feel like part of the family!! Can't wait to see the beautiful photos. Wishing you lots of love and happiness.

Kara · Married on 09/18/2015

Karen & the staff at TFM were incredible to work with. I planned my wedding from out of state and they set up a tasting to fit in a time I was going to be in town. The layout and food were delicious and i received nothing but compliments from our guests. Karen was quick to respond to any questions I had and such a joy to talk to.

I recommend them 100% for any occasion you need delicious food for!

Thanks Karen & TFM Crew!!!

Sent on 09/28/2015

Alyssa · Married on 07/31/2015

Meghan made my wedding perfect! She was an absolutely joy to work with, always available for anything I needed, and really made me feel taken care of. The food was AMAZING and they were so nice to give us some to take home. They were efficient and on time, absolutely professional, and the decor was so cute. I would use them for any big event I had! I am still dreaming about the heath bar dessert shooters :)

Sent on 08/06/2015
  • Kelly

Kelly · Married on 05/30/2015

WOW! I cannot say enough about Two Fat Men. Although my groom and I weren't able to eat too much at the wedding, we sampled everything and the food was delicious! We had a menu of pulled pork, smoked chicken, mac n cheese, cobbler, and all the associated items. The guests loved the selections and heard nothing but positive feedback! And as the couple, the service was phenomenal! They made sure we got a full plate of food at the wedding and packed a lovely to go basket as well. Thank you Two Fat Men! Y'all are wonderful! And a special thank you to Karen for being a pleasure to work with for planning!

Sent on 06/08/2015

Not quite sure we can say enough about working with Two Fat Men. The Appetizers were all incredible, fried chicken and waffles and shrimp n grits were a real hit with our out of town guests. They let us customize the menu with a salad we wanted to add in with buffalo mozzarella and fried green tomatoes. My husband said he could eat an entire plate of the corn salad. On top of the food, they were pleasant to work with, accommodating, flexible, and to top it all off surprised us with an amazing donut flame at our reception! I am still dreaming about those donuts! Completely a delight working with everyone and defn recommended.

Sent on 05/12/2015
  • User4881977 · 2+ years ago

The food was absolutely delicious and the display was gorgeous. They did such an amazing job from start to finish. The salads were served in martini glasses and displayed on a table near the main dishes (chicken, macaroni and cheese with toppings, green beans, and the best rolls you've ever tasted). We also had a s'mores bar - it was yummo and a huge hit with our guests. We enjoyed a tasting prior to the event and selected the menu, but I was even more impressed the day of the event. The food was even better than I had remembered (incredible, since we loved it at the tasting). I highly recommend using Two Fat Men.

Sent on 03/16/2015

Chelsea · Married on 10/11/2014

Two Fat Men was by far one of the best decisions I made when planning my wedding. Karen Freeze was the most wonderful, helpful, and lovely people I have ever met. She even came into the bridal room during cocktail hour to congratulate us, give us hugs, and deliver some food and drinks to our wedding party. The food was a huge hit (their mac and cheese is INCREDIBLE), they were super responsive with emails and phone calls, and overall, they were just a joy to work with. Our wedding was primarily a destination wedding and people could not believe the Southern comfort foods (that I wanted) and that Two Fat Men provided!

Sent on 10/14/2014

Melissa · Married on 07/26/2014

We chose Two Fat Men based on Wedding wire reviews, and therefore, didn't have a solid recommendation. However, the event turned out much nicer than I anticipated and with minimal effort.
    Prior to the event, the office was very helpful in helping us choose food, providing information such as alcoholic beverage quantities to purchase. I emailed the office a photo of my table decorations and they matched the decor for the serving table. The additional decorations created a seamless look and enhanced the overall appearance of the wedding/reception room. Since we had the wedding and reception in the same room, the workers arrived early to set up. The workers were able to open the buffet line within 15 minutes after the ceremony for guests. They assisted in cutting the cake, cleaning, and putting the dishes away for the rental company. I received compliments on the food from guests. The servers were very gracious, hard-working, and dressed professionally. I recommend Two Fat Men.

Sent on 08/20/2014

Two Fat Men Catering's reply:

Melissa and Jason, thank you so much for the Excellent Review! We loved working with you both and are so Pleased to have you both as part of our Fat Man Bridal family! Best Wishes for a long and happy marriage!

Warmest regards!
    The Fat Man Team

Kellie · Married on 05/03/2014

The food was absolutely delicious! Definitely not your average, mediocre catering you typically experience at weddings. The meal was piping hot, flavorful, and talked about by our guests for weeks! Thank you for providing such a scrumptious dinner!

Sent on 09/15/2014

Mimi · Married on 12/14/2013

All of our guests raved about the food! Not only was the presentation beautiful but more importantly, the food was delicious! Loved working with Karen. She is so kind and knowledgeable. I will recommend Two Fat Men catering to all of my friends and will use them again !

Sent on 12/17/2013

Mimi,

Thank you so much for this Sweet Review! You made my day!

Diane · Married on 09/28/2013

Absolutelyewonderful catering service at my daughter's wedding. The food was absolutely wonderful. Each and every morsel. One of my sisters told me she wanted dive into the bowl of pasta and not share with the table. Your wait staff was just wonderful. They worked constantly but almost invisibly to be sure each guest had all they needed. Your staff continued to smile and treat each of guests with utmost professionalism, even into the late hour of the evening.

It was great getting to know you through the planning of the event. Your expertise was invaluable and reached beyond the catering service. I would recommend you and your company and all your wonderful food to anyone looking for an exceptional caterer.

Sent on 10/24/2013

Two Fat Men Catering's reply:

Thank you for taking the time to toot our horn.....The thing I remember the most about our bride (Sarah's) wedding was that she never stopped smiling. She was glowing with joy. We were thrilled to be part of making Reid & Sarah's day so special.

Michelle · Married on 06/15/2013

We are so glad we worked with Two Fat Men Catering for our wedding! Not only was the food delicious but working with Two Fat Men was a joy! We did an initial tasting with TFM that was amazing and they did a second tasting for us so that my parents could join us. Karen is so organized, helpful, and so much fun! Ed is an amazing chef and is so passionate about cuisine! We had a great time planning our menu with Karen and Ed, who were so creative in meeting our needs. We even created our own ice cream flavor! We give Two Fat Men Catering our highest recommendation!

Sent on 10/01/2013

Tanja · Married on 05/25/2013

Where do I even begin!?

Two Fat Men was the perfect company to cater our wedding!! Karen and Ed bent over backwards to create a dream menu that was perfect! Not only was the presentation miraculous! The food tasted amazing!

We started off our 4 course meal with salad sculptures on each plate. Mini watering cans even provided dressing for each guest. Our main course consisted of 3 entrees! Pasta. Chicken. Beef Tenderloin. Ed even replicated my mom's special brown sauce and he nailed it spot on!! The cheese course and dessert were perfect and completed the amazing meal!

Throughout the night, Two Fat Men's staff was catering to every need. They were extremely friendly and made sure that everything went smoothly.

I can highly recommend this group to anyone and look forward to hosting another event in the future and will definitely use 2FM again!!

Sent on 06/03/2013

I have attended several weddings with "just okay" food and have almost come to expect this as a norm. However, Two Fat Men provided an exceptional experience for our catering during our wedding reception.

Karen Freeze was a joy to work with -- she was professional, very responsive, but most of all, a super friendly and fun lady. Though I'll admit the wedding planning experience isn't always a dream, Karen was one of those special people who went out of her way to make working with her a very positive experience. I received several compliments the night of our reception about how the food was delicious!

Overall, Karen and her staff went above and beyond to assist us with little reception details (like adhering our green paper flowers to 250 napkins), and I couldn't recommend them any more highly. These are great caterers!!!

Sent on 05/29/2013

My husband fell in love at the tasting..he still talks about that day! Excellent service and presentation. Very down to earth. Prices are fair.

Sent on 03/09/2013

Mandy · Married on 10/13/2012

Two Fat Men Catering impressed all of our guests from the salad to the dinner to the dessert bar it all was stunning not just the food but also the decorations brought simply the best food around. Thank you two fat men for a southern elegance meal

Sent on 10/25/2012
  • Tiffany

Tiffany · Married on 10/13/2012

One of the best experiences of planning my wedding was working with Two Fat Men to plan the catering! They are such a joy to work with and did whatever was needed to provide the things we wanted for our guests while staying within a reasonable budget. The tasting was great and they took time out just for us to show us all the great things we could do with planning our catering. It was an experience and my guests still talk about the great tastes at my wedding (1 year later)! Two Fat Men are the BEST!

Sent on 10/14/2013

We interviewed several caterers before finally deciding on Two Fat Men. They were a pleasure to work with! We were on a tight budget, but as a foodie, I wanted to make sure our guests had the highest quality food. Karen worked with me to make sure everything fit perfectly within our budget. Karen was very responsive and helpful through the entire process. I would recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 02/28/2013

Anna Lea · Married on 06/09/2012

99% of my guests are STILL raving about the Truffle Mac&Cheese provided by Two Fat Men! The food was EXCELLENT and the service provided was just as good! Karen and Ed took time out to meet with me and my family...and each of us has a very strong opinion but they never got irratated with our thousands of questions! I would recommend Two Fat Men for many reasons but two main reasons are their creativity with food and their dependability!

karen@twofatmencatering.com

Sent on 06/20/2012
  • Hannah

Hannah · Married on 06/09/2012

I love Two Fat Men! Karen is the best to work with! She helps you with anything and everything! I went to go to a meeting with her and ended up staying for hours! I had no clue what I wanted for decor around the food and she just took my style and ran with it! Everything was perfect at the wedding and everyone raved about the food! I was very pleased and would recommend them to everyone!

Sent on 07/15/2012