49 Reviews for Two Chefs Are Better Than One

Mediterranean (1)
Thai (1)
Kosher (1)
47 Two Chefs Are Better Than One Reviews

Two Chefs was a pleasure to work with for our wedding, and they made some excellent food for an overall reasonable price. From start to finish their staff was incredibly personable and nice, one of the coordinators said that they treat every wedding as if it's for their own daughter and it really shows. The only complaint that we could have is that there were too many options from which to choose!

They seamlessly coordinated with the venue to create a stress-free experience (invaluable), and they also made sure we (Bride & Groom) had food during the cocktail hour. Overall, we would definitely recommend them to anyone.

Profile Picture Greg, 8/4/18, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: American, Italian, Gluten Free, Kosher, Lactose Free, Nut Free, Vegan, Vegetarian, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated

Two Chef’s is amazing! The food was awesome, and so many people complimented on how great the food tasted. Even though we were told that we would not eat on our wedding day, Two Chef’s made sure that both my wife and I ate and had a good time. They were incredibly flexible when there was a mix up with the timing of the night, and did everything they could do to make our night perfect. We planned the wedding from out of town which can be difficult, but Two Chef’s did everything they could to make it easiest for everyone. We are so thankful to Two Chef’s and the work that they put in to make sure that our wedding day was perfect. We would recommend them to anyone in the Boston area looking for a company that is flexible, affordable, and makes delicious food.

Profile Picture Katelynn, 12/30/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: American, Italian, Japanese, Thai, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Stations, Vegan, Vegetarian

Two Chefs Catering was a wonderful choice for our wedding! Our event coordinator was responsive from the very first call. Our tasting was wonderful and they made every detail feel like it was the day of the wedding. They were responsive to our feedback. They worked with us within our budget and made changes that were needed for us.

On the day of the wedding, they had their staff set everything up and they were so accommodating to our guests. I did not feel like we were stuck within a contract but that we were truly being catered to.

Thank you, two chefs!!

Profile Picture Suzanne, 9/10/17, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Vegetarian, American, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated

From the very start everyone at Two Chefs was FABULOUS! They were the first caterer to respond to us, allow us to customize our menu, and put together a private tasting where we received top notch service and food! We haven't stopped receiving compliments on how delicious the food was at our wedding. Not only was the food amazing, but the service was too. Everyone who worked our wedding was so personable and professional. The entire Two Chefs team really was an extension of our wedding coordinator, always there to lend a hand and help keep the flow of the wedding moving. One of our biggest requests was getting through dinner in a timely manner, which is why we chose to do stations and we are so happy we did. Everyone went through the stations and was eating within 20-30 minutes, then could go back up for seconds or thirds for another hour, it worked out perfectly just how we envisioned. We highly recommend having Two Chefs cater your wedding!

Profile Picture Melissa, 8/12/17, 9 Reviews
Services Used: Stations

Our guests have commented “it was the best wedding food we have ever had,” “I am going to have dreams about those butternut squash raviolis and mashed potatoes,” and “your menu was perfect!”

We are so thankful we chose two chefs for our wedding! We left the tasting trial thinking if the food was HALF as good on the day of the wedding as it was at the tasting we would be happy, but it was BETTER. Two chefs accommodated our request for a taco bar in place of appetizers, and gave us exactly what we asked for at our buffet. It tasted incredible, they were professional and prompt, and even provided a day of Coordinator for our day!

From the bottom of our hearts, thank you two chefs!

Profile Picture Laura, 8/5/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Buffet, Stations, American, Mexican, Vegetarian

Hiring Two Chefs to do the catering for our wedding was hands down the best decision we made. Tara was absolutely amazing, I loved working with her. She was patient, answering my hundreds of questions, always made me feel calm, I trusted her 100%, & she was extremely personable and enjoyable to work with. The staff the day of were also great, super helpful and friendly- everything was beautiful as they brought in extra flowers & decorations that matched our wedding theme. They made sure everything went seamlessly—I didn’t have to worry about anything and was able to focus on enjoying the day, from setup to breakdown & even sending me home with extra desserts since they knew I had a sweet tooth! The food was delicious, we got many compliments from guests. We did the silver buffet, guests went through the line really quickly so there weren’t long waits & the food was presented beautifully. Tara worked with us, helping us stay within our budget while also having ample & delicious passed appetizers, dinner, and desserts, & helped make our vision of the day a reality as we had many DIY pieces that they helped setup.

We were planning this from out of town and Tara was extremely flexible with our schedules for the tasting and walk through. Our original venue shut down 6 months before the wedding (eek!). Tara was on top of it, giving us a head’s up when she started hearing through the grapevine that the venue was having troubles, & then making herself completely available to take our calls and answer emails, actively helping us to find a new venue which did not seem like part of her job description. Tara also made the wedding day perfect and just how we envisioned it, again helping with things that I wouldn’t have even expected her to help with, truly going above and beyond. My husband & family agree that Tara made the wedding what it was—a happy and flawless day! We are so grateful to her & Two Chefs. Without hesitation I fully recommend Two Chefs for your wedding!!!

Profile Picture Jessica, 7/15/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, American, Gluten Free, Nut Free, Vegetarian

We were blown away by Two Chefs and their services - especially Jamie! They went above and beyond to make sure every detail of our wedding was perfect. The food was absolutely delicious (we are still receiving compliments), and they were able to accommodate our many quirky requests. They were also so patient with us as we tweaked the details to make our dream wedding possible on our budget. Their entire staff was so friendly to work with - we loved having them around during our wedding. We would absolutely recommend them to anyone planning an event and hope to use them for any events we have to come! Thank you Jamie and Two Chefs!

Profile Picture Leslie, 9/23/16, 6 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Nut Free, American, Italian, Mediterranean, Southern, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Stations

Two Chefs anticipated and exceeded every need we had! The food was amazing! The guests are still talking about it weeks later. Jamie was so easy to work with and guided us through every step of the process, connecting us with other vendors who were all also amazing. There were many choices within our budget, and we did not feel like we had to compromise on anything. The day was flawless. Leftovers were packed for our family to take home afterward. Joanne even helped me fix my dress right before the ceremony! I felt like I was being taken care of by family. We were able to relax and enjoy the day. They really made our wedding complete.

Profile Picture Molly, 9/20/16, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Buffet, Hors d'oeuvres, Stations, Vegetarian

If you are getting married, hire Alison and Two Chefs. The obvious review, the food was fantastic, hire them for that alone. It was everything else Alison did that makes them so fantastic! She dealt with our nut allergy and vegetarian preferences. She created a menu based on flavors and foods we like and offered different styles of dining (we did stations). She genuinely wanted feedback from the tasting and changed one of the dishes because she thought they could do something better. The day of the wedding her staff were amazing. She was helping with table set up and even pinned on boutonnieres! Alison is just fantastic at her trade but is so amazingly warm, kind and fun you just would want to work with her even if the food sucked, which it didn't!!! We so highly recommend Alison and Two Chefs!

Profile Picture Kelly, 9/10/16, 6 Reviews
Category: Catering

I cannot say enough good things about Two Chefs!! Jamie worked with me through the whole planning process to create a menu that fit our budget but accommodated our champagne tastes! I wasn't able to go to the tasting, as my planning was done long distance, but my maid of honor and her husband came away raving and we knew that they were the right fit. The food at the wedding was absolutely incredible, and all my guests gushed about how much they loved it. I hope I can find an excuse to use them for another event in the future!

Profile Picture Aubrey, 9/2/16, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Gluten Free, Lactose Free, Vegan, Vegetarian

We used Two Chefs this past weekend for our casual camping wedding event. Two Chefs was fantastic to work with throughout and Jamie made the whole process very smooth. Jamie always responded promptly to emails and always seemed to be one step ahead with every detail.

Alan, Craig, Joanne and Anne were the onsite staff the day of our event. They could not have been easier to work with, more helpful, or friendly. Alan and Craig made me feel so calm and that they had every detail under control. I even managed to break a dish while scurrying through the kitchen and Joanne and Anne made it no big deal! Although we only spent a short time together, they felt like family, even reminding us busy brides to eat!

The food was delicious and even our meat eating friends raved. People loved the appetizers so much they were already full by dinner time. Luckily they had enough room to devour the delicious food that the whole team worked so hard on. Vegetarians and budget minded folks, or just anyone looking to work with competent and friendly people: Two Chefs is your spot! We would highly recommend them to anyone!

Profile Picture User7127639, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Catering

I cannot say enough good things about Two Chefs and specifically, Tara. Two Chefs catered my husband and I's wedding last weekend in Haverhill, MA and from the start, Tara and her team were incredible. We planned everything from out-of-state which tends to add a new layer of stress but Tara was the perfect antidote to our fears. She was prompt with every reply, took the time to answer all of our questions and was incredibly organized. My husband and I couldn't attend the first tasting, so Tara generously allowed my parents and in-laws to come in for the initial tasting, then had my husband and I come back in for a second tasting when we were in town so we wouldn't miss out. I should also mention that the food was EXCELLENT. Tons of options within our budget and super yummy. Everyone at our wedding said the same. I'm so glad we had the opportunity to work with Tara and we couldn't be more appreciative to her and her team. Hands down - best catering company in the Merrimack Valley.

Profile Picture Melissa, 8/19/16, 6 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated, Vegetarian, American, Italian

We cannot rave enough about Tara and the Two Chefs team. They were simply the best decision we made. Their food was amazing, their team was helpful and responsive, and the price was perfectly within our budget. We used Two Chefs in conjunction with The Pierce House, so we had them bring in all the food, rentals (dishware, barware, tables, chairs, etc via Peterson's) and worked to arrange the bartending company. But Tara did so, so, so much more - she was a sounding board for advice, a day of coordinator, and a bride's best friend. She had an eye out to make sure my day was absolutely perfect - and it was. Please consider using Two Chefs for any event - you won't be sorry. We know the next big party we throw - our first call will be to Tara.

Profile Picture Heather, 6/18/16, 6 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Gluten Free, Vegetarian, American, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated

Over the past three years we have had the pleasure of working with the staff at Two Chefs are Better than One Catering. Alison, Tara, Jamie are so organized making sure everything goes as according to plan and Glen and Steve take great pride in serving high quality food at a reasonable price. Two Chefs frequently use us as their bar/beverage service for their many social events. We are always amazed at how well they work with us as a Team from the planning stages to the day of the event.
Two Chef’s staff shows up at every event with smiles on their face, clean cut attire and eager to work. Their attention to detail and total dedication to the day of the event is impressive. They make each and every event run smoothly in a very professional manner. They are always extremely attentive to the client and to all of their guests at each and every event. Food is consistently cooked to perfection and their food displays are amazing. We constantly hear great reviews at the bar as to how wonderful the food and service is.
We highly recommend Two Chefs to cater your next event. You will not be disappointed.

Profile Picture Jim, 3/28/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning

Two Chefs has the BEST food and value! We loved working with the team at Two Chefs -- from the tasting (where we were treated to an abundance of incredible food and walked away with a half dozen doggie bags!) to the reception (where the catering staff got into the Halloween spirit for our wedding and arrived in costume!), every aspect was perfect. My husband and I especially appreciated how kind and attentive the staff was during our wedding, and many of our guests complimented the excellent service. Thank you so much for making our day memorable!

Profile Picture Emily, 10/31/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Stations, American, Nut Free, Vegetarian

Steve and team at Two Chefs have been amazing to work with. The flexibility in menu and options got us to the perfect menu for our budget. The tasting was an incredible display of our full three station menu including passed apps (and wine!), and they listened to all of our ideas and we tweaked the perfect menu for our big day. They have won so many awards in our area they are a no brainer for your event. Pro tip: Get the award winning bananamisu...to die for!

Profile Picture Katie, 10/24/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Stations, American, Italian, Mexican, Vegetarian

Very professional and accommodating even when the ceremony went shorter than planned. All the guests raved about the quality of the entrees and kindness & courtesy of the staff. Would highly recommend Two Chefs to everyone.

Profile Picture Phillip, 10/3/15, 1 Review
Services Used: Buffet, American

Two Chefs was an absolute pleasure to work with during our September, 2015 wedding. The entire process was completely seamless. When I first started speaking to Two Chefs, I was planning on hosting a very casual reception at our lake house. As the months passed, it evolved into a full-blown wedding. Tara, our point-person at Two Chefs was incredibly helpful and flexible in making all the necessary adjustments to our order. She was a real gem. On top of that…holy menu! We couldn’t get over all the options to choose from. They have EVERYTHING. Tara was able to make recommendations and help us narrow in our selections.

Due to the venue’s space limitations, we opted for a cocktail style party with heavy apps and food stations over a sit down meal. Two Chefs didn’t miss a beat. They helped to formulate the flow of the entire day/night. Additionally, the company was very understanding and aware of our costs constraints, and helped to work within our budget. On the day of the wedding, the staff was friendly and on top of it all! If you're contemplating choosing Two Chefs are Better Than One for your catering, do yourself a favor and sign the dotted line. You're in good hands with them!

Profile Picture Dana, 9/12/15, 6 Reviews
Category: Catering

Two Chefs was the BEST. We could not have asked for a better cater! They were super easy to work with, really flexible and mindful of our budget, and offered lots of creative options to cut costs. They also helped coordinate all of our rental equipment and hiring a bartender, as well as offering lots of wedding planning advice along the way. Plus, we got lots of compliments from our guests on how great the food was!

Profile Picture User4398772, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

Wedding planning can be very stressful, but Alison and the team at Two Chefs made the catering process so easy! They were very willing to work within our wedding budget, and were very flexible and responsive to our needs. The food was also delicious. I would definitely recommend them to others looking for a caterer for a wedding or other event.

Profile Picture Kim, 9/5/15, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Gluten Free, Vegetarian, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated

This company gets it, and they are awesome in every way. We worked with Alison from start to finish, and through the entire process we felt supported and encouraged by her and the entire staff. They were beyond attentive to us and to the plans, supported our decisions and presented new and creative ideas when we felt stuck. And the most magical thing of all... they kept us BELOW BUDGET. Seriously. They did. So many vendors told us that it could not be done, and Two Chefs did. They cut no corners doing so either, they provided ample staff and every one of them was professional, friendly and generally just happy! It felt so great to have a wedding where our guests were happy, but also it seemed like our vendors were too. Two Chefs made sure that our other vendors were taken care of as well, and everyone seemed happy to work together.

One of the best bits of wedding advice that I got was that, "Guests will be happy if you are happy, so if you look out at the dining room and dance floor and it's just what you wanted, everyone else will follow suit." I am really really happy to say that this was the case. It was so important to us that our guests would be taken care of, and that there wouldn't be any distractions from enjoying the evening and having fun. We could relax and enjoy the wedding ourselves knowing that Two Chefs was behind the scenes making sure everything went smoothly. And they did, from start to finish.

Profile Picture Sarah, 8/22/15, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Party Supplies, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Gluten Free, Vegan, American, Cajun, Southern, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated, Stations

The food was delicious. Many guests commented on the quality of the food. The bride is gluten intolerant and the groom is from Brazil and the buffet accommodated them both. Two Chefs is very flexible when it comes to food choices.

Profile Picture User5315274, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Many guests commented on the quality of the food. The bride is gluten intolerant and the groom is Brazilian and Two Chefs accommodated both of them. Guests even commented on the cheese display. We all had a wonderful time.

Profile Picture User5327185, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Jaime and her entire organization have been a delight to work with.
We are so pleased with the outcome of a beautiful day. We didn't anticipate the large number of people who traveled for the wedding.
Watching the waiters move through a tight spaced function was like watching a well conducted symphony!
I would not have changed a thing, and Jaimie and Two Chefs was the best decision for a caterer

Profile Picture Nancy, 6/27/15, 1 Review