Two Adventurous Souls Reviews

Two Adventurous Souls 5
  • Justin

Justin Deegan · Getting married on 07/08/2021

Fantastic!

From our engagement photos to our wedding day Brittany & Dean helped make our wedding day perfect. You work with so many different people when planning a wedding & Brittany and Dean were by far our best choice! Professional, Hardworking, & Talented don't wait to book them for your special day!

Sent on 10/27/2019

Rachel Hill · Married on 06/22/2019

The best decision I made after saying Yes to my fiance

I simply cannot say enough good things about working with Brittany and Dean, Two Adventurous Souls. From my first emails with them I knew I wanted to hire them for my wedding...they were immediately easy-going, flexible, and willing to work with our personalities, preferences, and budget. Because my husband and I came from out-of-state to get married in Maine, we had to do most of our vendor correspondence remotely so we first met them over Skype. They somehow blend incredible professionalism and personal approaches like I've never seen. They even went out of their way to meet us over breakfast one weekend when we were visiting Portland for other wedding business. We both felt like we had two amazing extra wedding guest-friends, but also at times like they weren't even there. And the outcomes?? Holy cow.. everyone was blown away by our photos, even our professional photographer friends! The 24-hour turn-around with sneak-peek and blog post was impressive and, over a month later, I'm still sharing the link for those who ask to see wedding photos. Our images are simply stunning. Brittany and Dean's talent and creativity are awesome, and they are a very fun pair to work with. I would recommend them to anyone and everyone. I can't wait to have an excuse to work with them again (Maternity photos? Dare by Brittany Rae?)

Sent on 08/01/2019

Kaitlin · Married on 09/29/2018

#weddingphotographergoals

Brittany & Dean were everything and more I dreamt of in my wedding photographers! They are an incredibly fun team! Both my husband and I felt so comfortable with them from the moment of meeting them. We felt like they were long time friends & they made it this way! Their angles and images took my breath away and continue to fill my heart with joy! They were flexible and understanding to all my requests and visions- constantly supportive and accommodating! Everything they said they would do they did, with even more then what we expected. They had the vision to capture our day exactly as we desired and I will be forever grateful for everything they did! All of my guests have been so impressed by all of the photos! Thank you Brittany & Dean!

Sent on 10/22/2018

Two Adventurous Souls's reply:

Thank you! You and Trevis were so much fun to work with! We loved capturing everyone having such a fun time.

Megan · Married on 09/02/2018

First Vendor Booked!

Two Adventurous Souls was our first vendor booked (besides venue) and that was because we knew we wanted the best photographers! From the very beginning, Brittany was giving me suggestions on other vendors, wedding timeline, etc. I felt like I could ask her anything about the day of, even if it wasn't about a photograph that was going to be taken. Brittany also did our engagement photos, which are my favorite pictures of my husband and I (besides wedding). She does amazing work and always captures the best sunsets. Brittany and Dean came to Bar Harbor for our wedding and were there on our wedding day for 10+ hours. My husband and his groomsmen had so much fun with Dean and so did the bridesmaids with Brittany. They did an incredible job with all of our photos. We had our sneak peak the morning after our wedding, which was such a nice surprise. To this day (almost 7 months later), I still have people tell me our wedding pictures are unreal. Thank you Brittany and Dean for making our wedding day so special and providing us with memories we will have forever.

Sent on 03/27/2019

Nicole · Married on 07/28/2018

Brittany and Dean were absolutely AMAZING to work with! They were extremely professional and great with giving us instructions on how to pose. They got back to use right away for everything and answered every question we had. The day of they made it so smooth. There were severe storms in the area for our wedding and they were tracking them on their phones and we still were able to get the most amazing pictures and avoided the rain! When we got our pictures back, we were beyond pleased with how they came out. The blog Brittany wrote was so spot on about my husband and I and we loved everything about it! I used Brittany for my boudoir pictures as well and she was so professional about everything and the pictures came out amazing. I have recommend them to my friends getting married in August and they will be using them as well!

Sent on 09/22/2018

Amy · Married on 07/07/2018

Brittany & Dean are truly the dream team! We were planning a destination wedding from out of state and choosing a photographer was so stressful. The one thing we get to keep from our wedding day are the photos and I didn't want to worry about the quality of the work. Brittany and Dean took time to speak to me over the phone along with a few emails to truly explain their packages and the quality of photos to expect. They KNOW MAINE! They were so helpful helping us understand the timing of when the photos should start and they knew the best spots on Peaks Island to capture remarkable photos. They were easy to work with and always prompt and detail oriented in their communication. They had "sneak peek" photos at our reception that night and 30+ INCREDIBLE photos up on their blog the next day for us to share with family & friends. Photography is one of the biggest budget items when planning a wedding but don't skimp for the most reasonable, we are thrilled we went with Two Adventurous Souls! Their work is impeccable!

Sent on 08/04/2018

Sarah · Married on 06/16/2018

We hired Brittany and Dean for both our wedding day and engagement shoot and could not be the slightest bit happier with our decision! Through the entire journey, they were personable, organized, extremely responsive (which I appreciated SO much) and were super easy to work with. I asked what felt like hundreds of questions over the months and they were eager to give advice. For example, when it came to creating our wedding day timeline, they knew exactly what time would suffice for us to do a quick sneak away for sunset shots. They were flexible on our photo shoot location and our request for our puppy to be in a few shots. On our wedding day, they did a fantastic job at capturing all of our best moments. They also were accommodating when I requested a certain shot or pose for them to capture. They even had our photos up on a laptop immediately during our reception, which our family loved! And the very next morning, we woke up to a blog post written about us, which had me in the happiest of tears. It was truly the best way to recapture the best day of our life together. If there’s one thing I learned during my wedding experience, it’s that the most important thing a bride wish for on her wedding day – aside from good health and weather – is great vendors. It truly makes the day so much smoother and stress-free to know that all your hard work has paid off and is in good hands that you can trust. Brittany and Dean did this for us. Do NOT hesitate to hire them!!!

Two Adventurous Souls 6
    Sent on 08/10/2018

Carolina · Married on 01/20/2018

Brittany photographed our wedding in January in Costa Rica. She was amazing, super kind, professional, patient and the photos were wonderful, we loved each of them. I am so glad she took our pictures, I fell I love with her job. I recommend two adventures souls, you will have the best photos ever.

Sent on 02/13/2018

Two Adventurous Souls's reply:

Carolina! You both were a dream to photograph and made the day so easy. Your family and friends were so much fun and I loved meeting them! Congrats again on your wedding and fingers crossed we will see you again in Costa Rica!

Sarah · Married on 09/30/2017

Brittany and Dean are amazing! From the beginning they were super accommodating and there to answer any questions. They were so helpful and so fun to have around on the day of the wedding (and SO patient and organized with our huge wedding party)! The photos are stunning and have received countless compliments. I have been recommending them to anyone who will listen! Can't thank them enough!

Two Adventurous Souls 7
    Two Adventurous Souls 8
    Two Adventurous Souls 9
    Two Adventurous Souls 10
    Sent on 12/06/2017

Two Adventurous Souls's reply:

Sarah! Thank you so much for taking the time to review us! We loved working with you as well and have already booked a wedding with a friend of a friend from your wedding! - Brittany

Rebecca · Married on 09/16/2017

I cannot say enough good things about Brittany and Dean. They were so easy to work with and our pictures turned out better than I could have hoped for. They are truly beautiful, even my Dad cried when he saw the preview. I love that we were able to get a blog post/preview the next day. If you get the chance, let Brittany and Dean photograph your wedding. They are amazing.

Sent on 11/17/2017

Two Adventurous Souls's reply:

Thank you so much for the amazing review! I love your dad! He was such a fun, kind and sweet soul. We are so happy he loves the images just as much as you both do!

Jessie · Married on 07/29/2017

Brittany and Dean were absolutely amazing. Our wedding was at Jones' Landing on Peaks Island, and Brittany and Dean were experts on the venue. Knowing when and where to get the best photos. They orchestrated planned photos quickly and professionally, timed sunset photos perfectly and captured the night with candid photos. It was also the little things that really made a difference. They worked with us to have photos taken at multiple locations during the day. Once at the venue, they played a major role in how smoothly the day went. They were organized, had a game plan and kept us on track. At the same time making sure we were never busy for very long, and free to enjoy our special day. Finally, two unexpected surprises were that they set up a projector during the reception, and how quickly we got our photos after the wedding. The slideshow was a nice touch. It played photos taken from earlier in the night and our guests commented how much they like it. Getting our photos quickly is a testament to Brittany and Dean's professionalism. We loved the photos taken from our wedding, and couldn't be happier to have chosen Two Adventurous Souls!
    -J&J

Sent on 01/07/2018

Two Adventurous Souls's reply:

We couldn't have been happier to photograph you two! Jones Landing is one of our all time favorite venues, having been married there ourselves many years ago! It's always a blast to share our special place with an awesome couple and get to capture your memories!
    - Brittany

Jen · Married on 06/04/2017

Brittany and Dean photographed our wedding just this past weekend. We haven't gotten the final prints but OMG the previews speak for themselves! They were so professional, so artistic and SO patient (I am not a great subject :)). People could not believe they were looking at pictures of the first dance during DINNER! Everyone commented on how great the pictures that were displayed the night of were. I cannot wait to see the finished products. I HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend that if you have ANY photography needs, you consider using Brittany Rae (now Two Adventurous Souls) for the job. Hands down, they are the best!

Sent on 06/07/2017

Kristi · Married on 04/08/2017

Brittany and Dean were awesome!! We didn’t do an engagement shoot so we didn’t meet until the day of the wedding. Brittany came to the hotel and Dean went to my brother-in-laws house where they guys were getting ready. They were both so professional and so fun! We didn’t do a first look but Brittany and Dean were super quick and efficient and managed to keep us on schedule and we got to the reception right on time. And of course- the photos are AMAZING! We got about 800 photos! And we love each and every one. THANK YOU Brittany and Dean for everything and for giving us wonderful photos to cherish forever!!! Xo

Two Adventurous Souls 11
    Two Adventurous Souls 18
    Two Adventurous Souls 19
    Sent on 12/07/2017

Two Adventurous Souls's reply:

You both were so much fun to work with as well! Brittany and I loved the energy your family and friends brought to your day! It was such a fun way to start our 2017 season! - Dean

Julia · Married on 10/08/2016

Two Adventurous Souls captured my 2016 fall wedding as well as the weddings of my family and friends because they are just simply the best and we all just keep going back to them for events ranging from weddings to senior portraits. Brittany was our photographer and spoke with me multiple times through email and over the phone as we worked out all the details. She always responded quickly and didn't miss a single detail. She came early on the day of the wedding and even stayed past the scheduled time to make sure to capture all our important moments. She put us at ease and really captured the feel of our wedding. I highly recommend Two Adventurous Souls to anyone out there who wants amazing photos that are both artistic and classy. Simply a joy to work with!

Two Adventurous Souls 20
    Two Adventurous Souls 25
    Two Adventurous Souls 26
    Sent on 12/13/2017
  • User5191674 · 2+ years ago

Brittany and Dean are absolutely wonderful! My fiancé and I struggled with picking a photographer, and unlike others that we talked to, Brittany was so patient and even offered to meet with us again to help answer questions. She was so patient with us and took the time to answer all of our questions in depth. We are getting married in September 2016, and so far have only had our engagement photos done- but we were blown away. They came out better then we could have imagine. Both my fiancé and I were nervous about doing the engagement photos, but brittany and dean made the whole experience so much fun. We can't wait for them to do our wedding! If you want an amazing and fun photographer, book brittany asap!

Sent on 10/19/2015

Clara · Married on 09/03/2016

Brittany was absolutely WONDERFUL and I would highly recommend her to anyone looking for a wedding photographer. She was incredibly professional and prompt in all communications and was very responsive to any questions, concerns, or changes we wanted to make during the wedding planning process. Working with Brittany was one of the best parts of planning our wedding! On the day of the wedding Brittany and her husband Dean were the epitome of professionalism and helped make our wedding day run smoothly and as stress-free as possible. The turn around time on the pictures was very quick (about 4 weeks) and we LOVE all the pictures! They did a great job capturing the spirit of our wedding and were an absolute pleasure to work with. I cannot recommend them highly enough!

Sent on 11/14/2016

Samrudhi · Married on 06/12/2016

We has Brittany and Dean as our photographers.Both of them are amazing to work with. They were at the venue before us and had all their equipment setup in advance. They were not at all intrusive while clicking the candid shots throughout the wedding. The posed portraits were also done very quickly and turned out really well. They put together a wedding website for us with a sneak peek into the wedding pictures posted on the day of the wedding itself. I would definitely recommend them to anyone looking for a wedding photographer. They are extremely creative and receptive to our ideas too.

Sent on 08/07/2016

jen · Married on 10/11/2015

We were blown away when we received our wedding photos. There were so many great shots that we never expected! She was able to capture some pretty great moments. She also does a great job with blending in. After the formal shots, we forgot that she was even there. Brittany is not only a professional, she is amazingly talented. If I could give a 100 stars for "value" I would. I am so happy that we chose Brittany.

Sent on 12/02/2015

Ashanti · Married on 08/02/2015

A+++ service! I highly recommend Britney as your wedding photographer you will not be disappointed.

Sent on 09/21/2016

Erin · Married on 05/23/2015

Brittany and her husband/assistant Dean were incredibly professional and provided the most beautiful pictures! We couldn’t be happier with the pictures Brittany provided from our wedding day! She knew just what we were looking for and delivered the most beautiful pictures. We would recommend them to anyone looking for beautiful pictures! We will certainly be using them for any events to come!

Sent on 10/29/2015

Brittany did an amazing job! She captured all the important moments of the day/night! We have so many good pictures to choose from its hard to decide which ones to frame! I would definitely reccommed Brittany rae to anyone looking for a photographer!

Sent on 12/09/2014

Timmy · Married on 09/20/2014

Brittany Rae photography worked with us to photograph our wedding. Brittany and her husband Dean were a great team. We had a beautiful engagement session at Portland Headlight. Brittany has a great eye for lighting and our photos are beautiful. The wedding was even better, with a well-organized day, opportunities for photos when we wanted them, and even a photobooth! Our photo album came out perfectly.

Sent on 01/27/2015
  • W

Wayne · Married on 09/13/2014

We originally were not going to hire a photographer, but after talking with my sister who got married a few years ago, she strongly recommended we hire a professional photographer. From the first meeting with Brittany, we were glad we decided too hire Brittany. So many people commented on her attention to detail. She kept track of everyone, even 3 people who arrived late due to previous commitments, when they arrived she remembered to get the group photos of them. She was flexible when were moved the start time back. Everyone who saw the preview photos just loved the shots she had taken. If you need a photographer, I highly recommend Brittany.

Sent on 10/06/2014

Kristina · Married on 09/13/2014

Brittany was so great to work with! From our first meeting, we knew we made the right choice. She was very professional and experienced - from getting a list of all our family members, photo-must-haves, and wedding day timeline, to knowing just how to handle the rain. And all of the images were so gorgeous! At our reception, she even had laptop playing a sneak-peek slideshow of the first half of the day. From start to finish, everything was perfect!

Sent on 12/05/2014

Brittany was wonderful! She did our engagement session and wedding. She did beautiful work and we felt it really easy to work with her. She made us feel very comfortable. We loved her shots, positive attitude, and ideas. We were very happy with her work and would not hesitate to have her do any future work for us in the future and also recommend her to anyone else. She really went out of her way to make our day wonderful despite the impending weather. Thanks Brittany!!!!

Sent on 11/23/2014