Twiggs Bakery Reviews

92 Reviews for Twiggs Bakery

1 User photo

Twiggs Bakery 1

Kathryn · Married on 09/29/2012

Delicious! This was our second bakery we went to for cake tasting and the last. We sat down Bernie who brought us a tray filled with slices of all the different cake flavors along with a side of the frosting. He walked us through every flavor, and they were all delicious! We settled on a white velvet cake with a lemon cream, raspberry jam filling and a buttercream frosting. The design was a simple one of ribbon, roses and swirls. When I saw the cake for the first time it was exactly how I pictured it and it tasted just as good. I can't wait for my anniversary to order a mini cake and eat it again!

Sent on 10/14/2012

brigid · Married on 09/15/2012

Twiggs was absolutely perfect for our wedding. We had no idea what kind of cake we wanted. They walked us through the process and were able to give us precisely what we wanted. We wanted a simple delicious cake (they can do much more complicated, but we wanted something simple). The cake was delicious and a great value!

Sent on 10/10/2012

Twiggs has delicious cakes....my mouth still waters thinking about the cake!

Sent on 09/09/2012

Lindsey · Married on 08/31/2012

Twiggs was great from the moment we met them. Our cake looked beautiful and tasted great!

Sent on 09/04/2012

Christie · Married on 08/24/2012

Twiggs made our wedding cake and it was AMAZING! It looked beautiful, and it tasted even better. We tasted cakes from a few vendors at a bridal fair, and that's how we decided on Twiggs (there was no question, when compared to the other bakeries we tried). We had 2 flavors - lemon with lemon curd filling and carrot cake with cream cheese frosting. Both were so delicious and moist, but the carrot cake was the hands down favorite of our guests.

The only thing I'd suggest is not ordering quite as much cake as you think you need. Our wedding venue plated and served the cake, and we wanted to make sure that everyone got a piece (or 2, if they wanted!) and we had a considerable amount left over. We had a bbq the day after the wedding, so most of the leftovers were eaten then, and then we froze some in slices for future desserts, so it worked out.

I'm very happy with how it turned out, and we'll be back.

Sent on 11/14/2012
  • Brianne

Brianne · Married on 08/17/2012

The cake was beautiful. It was exactly what I wanted - simple and elegant. The cake flavors tasted delicious. We were very happy with our cake!

Sent on 08/24/2012

Melissa · Married on 07/20/2012

We went with Twiggs because they were within our wedding cake budget and were really easy and great to work with. My wedding cake was designed just as I wanted it and it was delicious! You definitely get good value from Twiggs.

Sent on 08/04/2012
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 06/14/2012

My mom and I were recommended to Twiggs by our coordinator, Meaghan from Weddings Made Splendid. Right away, I knew that they would be the perfect bakery for our wedding! The tasting was incredible! They give you a small sample board that has all their cake flavors on it, and they even take the time to explain each flavor to you. Once they have explained all the flavors to you, they then leave you to try and sample and discuss, and boy were their cakes yummy!!!!!! That very day, we ordered our cake, in 3 different flavors, because we couldn't decide! I had fallen in love with a design in a magazine, which they matched perfectly! On the day of the wedding, the cake was amazing and exactly what we wanted! Their prices are very reasonable and worth every penny! I would absolutely recommend Twiggs to anyone!!!!

Sent on 07/09/2012

blake · Married on 05/12/2012

Our experience with Twiggs was more than words can describe! Our tasting was with Bernie and it was a blast! We could hang out with him for hours! Soooo fun! All the flavors to choose from... we were overwhelmed because every single one of them were delicious. We decided on the white velvet as my husband and I became addicts to this stuff! We live about 2 hours outside of San Diego and every time we drove to SD for wedding planning appointments, our top priority on our way home was to stop by to pick up 2 slices of white velvet, we would savor every bite. So you can only imagine how excited we were for wedding! About 2-3 months before our wedding, I wanted to do a grooms cake of the Dodger Stadium and emailed Dan (such a pleasure to work with) to see if they could work it in. He had a very busy schedule for our wedding weekend but was still able to fit this in. I was speechless! The Dodger Stadium replica grooms cake was AMAZING!!!! My husband just about fell over when he saw it and all his guys could not staring, taking pictures of it, and oooing and ahhhing at it. To Bernie, Dan, and your whole team - Thanks a million! We loved both our cakes and always will stop by when we are in town for all your delicious teas, coffees, and sweet treats!

Sent on 06/25/2012

Lindsay Clayton · Married on 12/31/2011

Immediately after meeting the staff of Twiggs, I knew that they would be making our wedding cakes. We loved the format of their tasting - they present you with a small sample board with all of their cakes, they explain each cake and then leave you to discuss & taste. Their cakes are so amazing! We ordered cakes in 5 different flavors. I gave them a photo of the decoration and they matched it exactly. The cakes arrived on time...and were perfect! You cannot match the quality of their cakes for the price. Plus, Bernie & Dan are super personable & responsive. I would DEFINITELY recommend Twiggs!

Sent on 02/21/2012
  • Brieanne

Brieanne · Married on 11/26/2011

I have so much to say about Twiggs Bakery! They were absolutely wonderful. From the initial meeting to the day of the wedding, there were absolutely no problems. The cake tasting was one of my favorite days of wedding planning. Bernie was so patient as we tasted all the cakes, and he had so many amazing ideas for cake designs. I came up with a unique idea to have an orange tree going up the side of my cake and they came through with flying colors! The cake blew my mind when I saw it at our reception. It was so incredibly beautiful and creative. Everyone was commenting on it all night. It was everything I could have asked for and more. I'll admit that I was a bit nervous with such an odd design, but they made the tree look so classy and beautiful. It was just as I had pictured it for all those months. They were always available via email and when I came in with a question, the staff at the bakery were so helpful and put my mind at ease. They also offer a fabulous military discount which meant a great deal to me since my fiance was deployed during my entire year of wedding planning. I can't say enough about them. Don't even bother looking elsewhere!

Sent on 12/05/2011

Sarah · Married on 09/10/2011

Twiggs Bakery made our delicious lemon and raspberry wedding cake! It was amazing and I received so many compliments. Even better, their prices were completely reasonable! Twiggs is very professional and allows you to sample several of their flavors during the tasting. I would highly recommend Twiggs to others!

Sent on 10/05/2011

I · Married on 05/22/2011

Twiggs bakery was delicious and the cake was beautiful! They have a lot of different flavors, and we chose the strawberries and cream (we requested fresh strawberries instead of the strawberry jam) and had a carrot cake sheet cake in the back. they were really flexible with the flavors of the filling (my now husband thought the cream cheese filling was too heavy, and they changed it to a lighter custard, which was still delicious). Delivered on time, and overall a fantastic vendor to work with.

Sent on 06/01/2011

Erin · Married on 01/07/2011

Our wedding cake was fantastic!! Twiggs did an amazing free taste test with us several months before the wedding, and we tried about 25 kinds of cake...all of them were delicious. We went with both red velvet and the strawberries and cream for our multi-tiered cake and our guests all commented on the fresh flavor and how beautiful it was. We are a military couple, so the 25% military discount offered by Twiggs was also fantastic. Can't recommend them highly enough!

Sent on 01/15/2011

Narda · Married on 08/28/2010

Dan, was fantastic to work with. Twiggs made both the rehearsal dinner (grooms cake) and our wedding cake. I had several special requests from Dan, and he was happy to oblige. I would like a special flavor, no problem; I want you to create half a death star over which you then will suspend a lego X -Wing, no problem; Can you make Mexican wedding cookies, sure. Not only was he flexible but he was creative, talented, and Twiggs makes delicious tastiness. Everyone loved both cakes (their red velvet cake is amazing!) and could not stop talking about how delicious the Mexican wedding cookies were. The price was also better than most places I visited, and were much more responsive than most other bakers I spoke to in San Diego. I highly recommend Twiggs!

Sent on 09/30/2010

Michele · Married on 06/26/2010

I LOVE Twiggs! It is a block and 1/2 away from our hous and we love all of their baked goods but the wedding cake was INCREDIBLE! Our wedding guests are still talking about the cake after a year! We had 1/2 of the Mexican chocolate w/a hint of cinnamon and cayenne and 1/2 of the passion fruit. They decorated it to match our wedding invitations, it was elegant and beautiful! There was never a glitch or a problem, I wouldn't go anywhere else - they are true cake artists!
    Michele

Sent on 07/07/2011

Maureen · Married on 06/13/2009

Dan at Twiggs was very responsive which was very important to me since this was a destination wedding. My in-laws did my tasting and without a doubt chose the best cake vendor. We had passion fruit and lemon with fresh raspberries. Impeccably decorated, I strongly recommend this vendor! You helped to make my day absolutely perfect!

Sent on 06/22/2009

Angelica · Married on 08/09/2008

Twiggs Bakery was extremely helpful and professional from the initial cake tasting until the wedding day. The cake was absolutely gorgeous and so delicious. I choose three flavors: victorian wedding cake, hazelnut chocolate and white velvet. I ate all three at the wedding and everyone raved about the cake decor as well as how delicious it was. Many of my guests thought that the wedding cake was fake and we had the real cake to eat in the back somewhere. The cake decorating job they did was amazing. They worked on every detail and gave me the exact cake I asked for. I was extremely impressed with the results since my cake was semi-custom to a design the owner and I created together. I would highly recommend for anyone to use this bakery for any event. They are affordable, flexible, reliable, talented and bake the best cake I've ever tasted!

Sent on 09/17/2008

Brooke · Married on 08/08/2008

The cake tasted wonderful and the design came out exactly how I wanted!

Sent on 09/03/2008

Samantha · Married on 06/14/2008

Twiggs makes a great cake. I had a picture from a magazine and they duplicated it perfectly. They also offer a military discount!!!!!!!!!!!

Sent on 06/16/2008

Sonja · Married on 06/27/2015

We visited 3 wedding cake companies...Twiggs stood out by far! The cake was just amazing and tasted great: actually flavor and no overpowering sweetness. In the end we had two tastings (the second with my husband...to confirm what the best man and myself had already confirmed: by far the best possible wedding cake option in San Diego!) and on both occasions dealt with extremely friendly and knowledgeable people who helped us make decisions despite only having very vague ideas of what we wanted at the beginning. I felt really well advised and listened too at all times.
    I can highly recommend the passion fruit cake...we had our wedding on a boat and hence opted for a beachy/nautical team which prompted the Twiggs team to beautifully decorate the cake with handmade white chocolate seashells which were especially appreciated by our little guests.

Sent on 07/26/2015

Annette · Married on 08/11/2013

Well priced & delicious!!! They worked with us on the pricing and gave us 6 different flavors on our cake! Use them, they are really worth it. :)

Sent on 10/16/2013
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 02/02/2011

Twiggs provided great service and an even better cake. Dan was very responsive and helpful. This was a destination wedding, so we couldn't have a cake testing (which made me sad), and we had to put our trust in Twiggs. The result was wonderful. Dan even sent me a drawing of what the cake would look like, and it was spot on. The cake tasted wonderful, and all the guests adored it. We went home with a lot of extra cake, and then my new husband and I caught the flu. For days I looked at the cake and couldn't eat it - I'm still upset about this!
    We saved the top tier for our anniversary, and already I can't wait to dig into it.
    Have no fear, this company is great, and provides wonderful cakes!

Sent on 03/12/2011

Ashley · Married on 06/27/2015

I am currently working with these guys to make a cake for our formal Marine Corps wedding we are hosting in San Diego. It was great that I could meet with them on such short notice and they were able to send home an at-home tasting tray for my fiance and I taste because he was at work. They're definitely great to work with and I'm looking forward to our final cake. I have no doubt it will be beautiful!

Sent on 05/13/2015

Jenny · Married on 11/02/2013

I was referred to Twiggs for our wedding cake by another friend who married in San Diego - she's a fellow sugar lover and I took her advice to heart. Oh man, we weren't disappointed. They were the only bakery we sampled cake from - it was that good. Don't get me wrong, I certainly wasn't in love with a couple of their cake flavors (I forget which ones, but I specifically remember a Victorian flavor one that was a little weird). But the two flavors we picked (lemon poppyseed and chocolate cake with peanut butter frosting) were mindblowingly delicious. The cake was so good and moist, I told our coordinator that all remaining cake from the wedding was to come with us. There was so much left, it also provided a lovely dessert at the post-wedding brunch the next morning AND we got to take some home to enjoy the next couple nights (while still able to freeze the top tier).

It was the best wedding cake I've tasted, and they did a phenomenal job on the design (sorry, no pics yet!) with frankly not the best direction on my part. I would refer them hands-down to any bride in the San Diego area!

Sent on 11/10/2013